Zinc DESTROYS libido.

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
I have now documented Zinc supps (ANY type, including Raw vitamin Code brand) reliably does the following to me:

-Numbs my genitals.
-Zero feeling in the brain upon orgasm.
-Fatigued/low blood pressure.
-Psychoactive/depersonalised effects.

Anyone else get wrecked by Zinc supps?

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands
Zinc alone can lower Na/K. If you already have lower Na/K and lower it too much you will have low sodium. Na/K is adrenal strength. When it is higher (not too high) you feel strong, anabolic. So zinc can lower that.

croboy17

Nov 15, 2019
Zinc is crazy.. .read this. He complains of many similar symptoms like me... loss of libido, loss of body odor, tight scrotum etc... He even has the elevated Cholesterol levels like me. He says 80mg flipped the switch for him and made him feel normal again. Very Interesting read!

Zinc alone brought me back.

croboy17

Nov 15, 2019
Could it be that you/we have poor bile flow or something, and taking the zinc, just pulls the copper into circulation again, but it cannot escape the body? Giving us these symptoms?

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands
Could it be that you/we have poor bile flow or something, and taking the zinc, just pulls the copper into circulation again, but it cannot escape the body? Giving us these symptoms?
It could be that it chelates copper yes. But it could also be causing your sodium to drop too low. Especially if you are taking high dosages of zinc. It can differ per person.

croboy17

Nov 15, 2019
It could be that it chelates copper yes. But it could also be causing your sodium to drop too low. Especially if you are taking high dosages of zinc. It can differ per person.
does sodium have anything to do with vascularity??? Because ever since my symptoms began (never took fin/accutane/ssri) but ate a bunch of vegetables and crashed basically... I have 0 vascularity in my body anymore? 0 in the forearms... they used to me soo prominent in the forearms..

Trump_1776

May 5, 2018
United States
can anyone explain what happened to this guy that was cured from high doses of zinc? As I seem to have similar symptoms.

What could have been his initial problem?

Zinc alone brought me back.
Did you read the shit about his wife at the end? Calls himself a shmuch. Damn feelsbadman

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Of course it does, that is why we coined the term zinc makes you feel like a robot :)
It's just terrible.

I know many other guys that are also hurt by supplementing zinc. It seems that we can only rely on getting our Zinc from foods.

This was my zinc blood test result before actually taking zinc the other day:
Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 8.52.25 am 1.png

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Zinc alone can lower Na/K. If you already have lower Na/K and lower it too much you will have low sodium. Na/K is adrenal strength. When it is higher (not too high) you feel strong, anabolic. So zinc can lower that.
You are SPOT on!!!! I felt the dizziness and weakness immediately after supplemeting the zinc. And I have a history of LOW sodium on blood tests so I think you are exactly on point.

I just had some adrenal glandular this morning to help me out.

There is DEFINITELY a link between low cortisol and weaker/poor muscle pumps.

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
does sodium have anything to do with vascularity??? Because ever since my symptoms began (never took fin/accutane/ssri) but ate a bunch of vegetables and crashed basically... I have 0 vascularity in my body anymore? 0 in the forearms... they used to me soo prominent in the forearms..
YESSSSS!!!

This is definitely the case man. When I am in a window of cure (4 days after a single cyproheptadine dose) I get ALL Feelings back and orgasm, and also pumps in the gym too!!

I know what you mean.

Also, I had low iron, even though I was eating shit loads of red meat, so make sure you're not low in Iron. As soon as I restored Iron, my pumps were also excellent again and vascularity.

Shuddering

Dec 11, 2019
@Ergogenic Health

From your other thread where you say that taking lots of iron doesn't raise your iron, you may have a copper deficiency, since iron doesnt't work without copper (and zinc could be depleting your copper even more if it's low). This I think is why some people get a large increase in testosterone (which is iron-dependent) from taking copper. But sometimes the problem isn't copper- it's one of the other minerals the body needs to make copper usable, which can be any of magnesium manganese potassium zinc iodine selenium molybdenum. It could also be that you have enough of all of these but are toxic in some mineral that keeps your iron and/or copper unusable.

Taking minerals at random can be really dangerous and make things worse. HTMAs are also usually a much better guide for minerals than blood values- since blood only tells you how much of a mineral your body is actively using, not how much is actually in your body. If you have chronic low iron metabolism and it doesn't respond to copper, you might want to consider ARL or TEI, which people say will figure out most imbalances like this and fix them, but doing those programs is quite a commitment in time.

Good luck.

Edit: I should also warn people here that when zinc is bad for a person, it's not just zinc supps that do it. Zinc from food (like red meat) does the exact same thing as well. And conversely, when zinc is good for a person, they can benefit greatly from either zinc sups or red meat.