Wuf Log - After Cortisol treatment

wuf

Oct 4, 2017
Not sure how you did it while in PFS man. I had an 80mg injection of methylprednisolone for an injury and it screwed my stress response and general feeling regarding cortisol up. Been a month now and just now feeling like I can handle stress again without major anxiety.
What do you mean?what do you want to say?
I don't get it, sorry.

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
What do you mean?what do you want to say?
I don't get it, sorry.
Like I don't know how you survived on cortisol supplements while having a compromised stress response already with PFS. I had a terrible reaction to mine, and I was feeling great prior to it from TEI. Kicked my PTSD/anxiety and other cortisol effects into overdrive.

wuf

Oct 4, 2017
Like I don't know how you survived on cortisol supplements while having a compromised stress response already with PFS. I had a terrible reaction to mine, and I was feeling great prior to it from TEI. Kicked my PTSD/anxiety and other cortisol effects into overdrive.
OH ok, got it.. Thanks
Yes it was a serious tough moment, no joke I had to use it for around 2 months..
I had all kind of symptoms you can imagine and yes anxious was over the top, scared of my own shadow.
.. Even phisically I was so messed up, it was really difficult but I had no choice at that time, my second option would have been gut removal.
This time in fact I'm doing much better, and that's the reason I decided to use "lower" dosage than prescribed.
Let's see how it goes..
2 weeks more I'm off.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017

Are you feeling better now off cortisol?

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
Are you feeling better now off cortisol?
It's been about four weeks or so, but I definitely feel better than I did after I had the injection. I had horrible, horrible anxiety for the two weeks after my injection. All my usual PTSD problems came back in full force and my tinnitus I've had since my military service was the worst it had ever been, even during PFS. Also couldn't get going in the morning at all, and I'm normally a morning person. Was honestly horrible, and I was shocked those issues lasted so long from one injection. Does that seem normal?

I'm back on TEI now for two weeks, so that may also be helping, for what it's worth.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
It's been about four weeks or so, but I definitely feel better than I did after I had the injection. I had horrible, horrible anxiety for the two weeks after my injection. All my usual PTSD problems came back in full force and my tinnitus I've had since my military service was the worst it had ever been, even during PFS. Also couldn't get going in the morning at all, and I'm normally a morning person. Was honestly horrible, and I was shocked those issues lasted so long from one injection. Does that seem normal?

I'm back on TEI now for two weeks, so that may also be helping, for what it's worth.

what dosage of cortisol did you take? and what kind

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
this drug is eliminated out of your system in 9 days. approximately.
That’s what I saw as well. I read a few studies that seemed to suggest cortisol would be suppressed from 2-4 weeks though as a result of administration. I would have to find them again, however. Either way, shit was nasty. I will never have another injection again.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
That’s what I saw as well. I read a few studies that seemed to suggest cortisol would be suppressed from 2-4 weeks though as a result of administration. I would have to find them again, however. Either way, shit was nasty. I will never have another injection again.
but you felt really bad on it while on it. like immediately?

usually cortisol causes potassium deficiency along magnesium

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
but you felt really bad on it while on it. like immediately?

usually cortisol causes potassium deficiency along magnesium
Yes, I’d say within the first day I could notice a major decrease in well-being. Anxiety flooded me and as I said before, my tinnitus flared, I could barely hear anything. Worst PTSD incidents I’ve had in awhile as well. My wife could notice a huge difference, to the point it shocked her.

About two weeks off, I got a little relief, and I’d say here in the last couple of weeks it’s gotten significantly better. Again, I’m also on TEI again, so it’s hard to judge exactly.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Sure, I agree.
That's why they gave me 25mg and told me to drop it down 1/4of pill each week.
Since I didn't want to use this medication, I then tryed a low dose.. I started 5mg for 5 days but didn't help for my gut, then I took 10mg for 5 days still feling nothing so I used 20mg for 1 week, then 15mg for 1 week, now I'm on 12 mg for one more week and then I will do 6mg for 5 days.
What I’m saying is hydrocortisone isn’t only thing that you should use for an infection. Seems like you’re going to have to keep doing this to stay in remission. There are far better, more sustainable ways to deal with an infection... because certainly your issue is an infection causing the gut issues if hydrocortisone is helping you.

Work on your immune system. You can do that with nutritional balancing, with TH1/th2 balancing (learn on selfhacked). You can look deeper into bacteria through an organic acids urine testing. I like that best the organic acids.

But you’re going to be a broken record with your problems if you keep going at it with hydrocortisone. Or maybe not, maybe you just need like more and more cycles and eventually u can stop after a long time period. Ozone could work in place of this.

wuf

Oct 4, 2017
One of my strongest symptom is leg restness and pain.
Do you guys have it?
If yes, how to reduce it?
Thank you

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017

Walker,

You had your bad reaction to methylprednisolone after being completely recovered from PFS correct?

I just read this which puts Methylprednisolone into perspective:

Methylprednisolone is stronger than prednisone:

prednisone is four times as potent as cortisol

methylprednisolone is five times as potent as cortisol.

If I am following correctly Wuf took a cortisol drug to treat ulcerative colitis while already having PFS and felt better to the extent that he recovered PFS sexual sides 100 percent ?

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
OH ok, got it.. Thanks
Yes it was a serious tough moment, no joke I had to use it for around 2 months..
I had all kind of symptoms you can imagine and yes anxious was over the top, scared of my own shadow.
.. Even phisically I was so messed up, it was really difficult but I had no choice at that time, my second option would have been gut removal.
This time in fact I'm doing much better, and that's the reason I decided to use "lower" dosage than prescribed.
Let's see how it goes..
2 weeks more I'm off.
Wuf,

Did you initially go on the cortisol to treat your UC?
And when you did you noticed that it was improving your PFS?

Or did you go on cortisol to try to treat PFS?

Also is of correct that the cortisol recovered your sexual sides to one hundred percent and that you noticed these improvements while taking the cortisol ?

Sorry to hear about your UC? How is the UC doing now? Is UC your small bowel or large ?