Wuf Log - After Cortisol treatment

wuf

Oct 4, 2017
Hello guys,
I want togive an update on my actual situation:
As most of you know, in September 2019 I had a very strong UC flame and I got hospitalized for 1 long month.
To make a long story short:
I started to take 60 mg of Cortisol tablets and little by little dropped it down to zero by the 2 months (meaning around middle November).
Obviously taking cortisol at so high dosage was not so easy, and I was really feeling strange and confused and with different physical and mental symptoms… not as easy as people can think, but I was at hight dosage.
By the way I noticed that around 1 or 1.5 month later (middle/end of December) my sexuality was very high and excitement, libido and sensitivity was soooo high…I seriously couldn’t abstain myself from masturbating everyday (even more then once per day) but…..
I was still not in a balanced body (still feeling weird) but sexually, the best I have been since PFS.
Said this,from December till now I have been on ups and downs and I touched the 100% sexually speaking, and now I can still see the body is not 100% stable to maintain its good balance, but generally I am doing well!!

Now, since1 month, something is going a little bit down, I feel more tired and then even my sexuality has dropped a bit and body feels more tired (I think this is because I go out everyday, never at home and I do not rest so much, plus…I am having so much sex and I think I am depleting myself!)…So I need to rest more and take care of myself more… I am a bit a stupid honestly about this!
Last thing that scared me a bit last week, is that I had a total sedation (opioid) cause they had to check my gut with a machine inside, and since then, I feel my brain is a bit slower and I feel more tiredand fatigued and obviously also my sex-drive goes with that.

@Helen : Howcan I recover from this strong sedation they gave me?

So, after this apointement I had last week for my gut, the doctor prescribed me again cortisol (25mg) cause I still have inflammation, mesalazin (4gr), VSL3 probiotics and enterosgel at night in warm water.

My plan is about to start using just 5mg of cortisol instead of 25mg, I don’t want to push my body too much and I even do not know if using cortisol again is good at all, but I need to fix my gut since it is still not 100% well.
I would appreciate some inputs and I would like to know what do you think.
Helen suggested me to use foods rich in potassium cause he told me that my metabolism, since I have used a lot of cortisol, it is down now.

By the way,the main message I want to say is that recover is possible, I felt/feel it and nowI just want to keep staying on a regular high baseline as I have done from December till now but without swings…I think I am almost there.

Last edited:

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
he was high DHT, highish testosterone case. So I assume slow oxidizer
Sounds very similar to me, I was high T and DHT prior to SP/PFS, and I’m a slow 1 from TEI.

Glad to read you’re during better @wuf. You deserve it.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Glad you’re doing well @wuf . Some of us have been using organic acids urine testing to get a good look at what is going on in the gut. I highly recommend it. With this, I was able to figure out I have methane based SIBO and only one week into treatment I have made great strides with my gut.

wuf

Oct 4, 2017
@Helen
For gut check, they gave me 50mg of benzodiazepine called MIDAZOLAM and pain reliefer called 50 mg PETIDIN in my vein, can these cause any sides, like PSSD etc?
Just wondering about it, cause since they gave it to me for the gut check, I am feeling too much calm and flat and Always need to sleep since 1 week ago.
Do I have to worry about it?
I feel they changed something in my Central nervous system.
Really I am/we are so much sensitive to any f.... medication.

wuf

Oct 4, 2017
I'm on 20mg cortisol per day.
Strong anxiety and depression came out.
Feeling like shaking and really emotional.
WTF!

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
I'm on 20mg cortisol per day.
Strong anxiety and depression came out.
Feeling like shaking and really emotional.
WTF!
Most likely your stress response is shot because your cortisol is suppressed.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
You don’t want to be on cortisol like treatments too often and too long. Gotta make your immune system do it’s job in controlling whatever is screwing your system up.

wuf

Oct 4, 2017
You don’t want to be on cortisol like treatments too often and too long. Gotta make your immune system do it’s job in controlling whatever is screwing your system up.
Sure, I agree.
That's why they gave me 25mg and told me to drop it down 1/4of pill each week.
Since I didn't want to use this medication, I then tryed a low dose.. I started 5mg for 5 days but didn't help for my gut, then I took 10mg for 5 days still feling nothing so I used 20mg for 1 week, then 15mg for 1 week, now I'm on 12 mg for one more week and then I will do 6mg for 5 days.

Admiral

Dec 12, 2017
Holland
Cortisol made my shit perfect, but it didn't do anything else.

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
Sure, I agree.
That's why they gave me 25mg and told me to drop it down 1/4of pill each week.
Since I didn't want to use this medication, I then tryed a low dose.. I started 5mg for 5 days but didn't help for my gut, then I took 10mg for 5 days still feling nothing so I used 20mg for 1 week, then 15mg for 1 week, now I'm on 12 mg for one more week and then I will do 6mg for 5 days.
Not sure how you did it while in PFS man. I had an 80mg injection of methylprednisolone for an injury and it screwed my stress response and general feeling regarding cortisol up. Been a month now and just now feeling like I can handle stress again without major anxiety.