Why can’t I get sick?

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
Washington
I think a major clue here is that since ssri I cannot get sick. My son is sick with fever and I know I’m immune. I used to get cold sores 6 times a year. Haven’t had one in years now. Haven’t had a flu or cold since lexapro. 14 years! So not normal.

tanedout

Oct 17, 2017
Same with PFS, PAS etc - I’ve not been sick since getting stuck in this PAS state - no colds, sore throats etc. Immune system must be in an overactive state

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
When I beat cfs between late ‘17 and early ‘18... I finally had a bad, long lasting cold in January 2018. Afterward I came back the strongest I’ve been this entire decade.

The immune system is likely overactive with the issues we have. Hence many of us have food allergies. Overactive immune system can take care of little germs like colds, minor illnesses. It’s just stuck with the major issue it cannot solve itself.

Balanced immune system is needed in order to do so.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I think a major clue here is that since ssri I cannot get sick. My son is sick with fever and I know I’m immune. I used to get cold sores 6 times a year. Haven’t had one in years now. Haven’t had a flu or cold since lexapro. 14 years! So not normal.

Maybe that SSRIs and other medications change the test results on var markers you have done over the years.

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
Washington
My titers to viruses are all high. I’ve been diagnosed with cfs from open medicine foundation, which is how I was able to get disability. Only time I’ve felt my immune system working properly has been on steroids.

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
Washington
I’m looking into rapamycin. It’s cured a few cfs patients that were able to try it. It’s also being used in anti-aging. Not sure if anyone knows much about it?

tanedout

Oct 17, 2017
My titers to viruses are all high. I’ve been diagnosed with cfs from open medicine foundation, which is how I was able to get disability. Only time I’ve felt my immune system working properly has been on steroids.
Some PAS people have felt totally normal taking Prednisone which is an immunosuppressant, but when they come off they just return to their 'normal' state. I don't think it's a drug that should be taken for long periods.

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
Washington
Some PAS people have felt totally normal taking Prednisone which is an immunosuppressant, but when they come off they just return to their 'normal' state. I don't think it's a drug that should be taken for long periods.
Yeah it’s definitely not a cure. But at this point I’d just take relief from never ending exhaustion.

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
Helen says Finasteride upregulates NADPH-oxidase, but since it is NADPH-dependent and NADPH is low in fin, i would assume you can't mount an immune response simply because the phagocytes don't have the capacity to attack invaders, which requires NADPH oxidase.

In my experience, when i do get sick it's like autoimmune symptoms -- huge inflammation. Maybe due to glutathione crash. The last time I got sick tho i had actually reduced finasteride dosage, so perhaps that brought NADPH back online and my immune system started targeting shit like crazy

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
Wait edit: NADPH-Oxidase being upregulated would possibly create an atmosphere of high oxidation, which would actually make organisms unable to live... perhaps we don't get sick cuz we are just so inflamed that PFS people are pretty much ALWAYS sick.

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
Washington
Also important to know that the immune system is ruled by the nervous system, so as long as you are stuck in sympathetic dominance your immune system will be hyperactive.
Ok but I feel like I’m actually stuck in parasympathetic. I could be wrong. But I’m the opposite of stressed. It’s like I have no adrenaline or spark or nervousness. I’m ssri damaged. But if you are stuck in sympathetic I have seen a lot of people have success with dnrs or Gupta protocol. I actually have dnrs and will be starting soon. But I question my success with trying it due to my nervous system being too calm. But maybe it got so fried it just shut down?

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
Washington
Wait edit: NADPH-Oxidase being upregulated would possibly create an atmosphere of high oxidation, which would actually make organisms unable to live... perhaps we don't get sick cuz we are just so inflamed that PFS people are pretty much ALWAYS sick.
Well I do notice things that bring down inflammation for me help my symptoms. I have some markers showing antibodies for lupus and scleroderma now so my body is showing autoimmunity.