What causes ringing in the ears?

Shuddering

Dec 11, 2019
Ringing in ears is often caused by bacterial endotoxin from infections or dysbioses in the gut. This is why a lot of people get it more often from certain foods like milk or sweet potatoes.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Ringing in ears if often caused by bacterial endotoxin from infections or dysbioses in the gut. This is why a lot of people get it more often from certain foods like milk or sweet potatoes.

I got some virus just before christmas and for like a week i was hearing low volume very fine kind of music, like a whole orchestra or some, very quietly and consistently, but the infection was respiratory not in the GUT.

Bankai900

May 27, 2019
Poland
Ringing in ears is often caused by bacterial endotoxin from infections or dysbioses in the gut. This is why a lot of people get it more often from certain foods like milk or sweet potatoes.
Thought sweet potatoes are the universal, good for every single person gut food.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
There are so many things that can cause tinnitus (ringing in the ears). But herxheimer reaction (as @Shuddering states w/ endotoxins) is one of them. Specifically when body chemistry is subpar and can’t an abundance of endotoxins.

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
Some foods trigger it for me. Causes some kind of ‘buzzing’ noise, veggies like cauliflower/broccoli are the main ones but most veggies trigger it

Shuddering

Dec 11, 2019
Thought sweet potatoes are the universal, good for every single person gut food.
Not in my experience. They were fine before I got my gut dysbiosis a year ago from drinking lots of milk (bad idea for when someone is mercury poisoned), and then after that, especially after my chronic painful gut bacterial infection started early last summer, sweet potatoes would always cause me bad pain some time after eating them- terrible bacterial endotoxin pain, because they feed on the type of fiber in sweet potato.

See this thread (though I dont agree with their recommending antibiotics): Soluble Fiber Causes Liver Cancer, Insoluble And Antibiotics Prevent/stop It
Sweet potato fiber feeds bacteria, carrot fiber kills them.

Eating large amounts of dairy fat was very helpful for me in getting my gut dysbiosis under control and mass-slaughtering malignant gut bacteria (ruminant fat will work too, but most sources today either are too hard b/c too much stearic acid (eg, suet, dont ever eat that stuff it is so indigestible and will worsen your gut so bad, you actually could die. Back fat is much preferable) or are contaminated with pesticides).

The combination of sugar and starch together can also feed yeast and bacterial overgrowths in some people (some will notice this combo will make their coated tongue worse).

I've been getting a lot of tinnitus recently from what I think is a viral infection. I think some of it is in my brain. It soudns a bit different from the tinnitus that occurs from gut bacterial endotoxin.

In my experience tinnitus corresponds to brain damage (usually this is not enough to make a noticeable decrease in cognition, it is just an inflammatory response that you can heal from), as does scalp tingling/hair loss. When I was chelating aluminum it caused a massive ringing in my ears for hours, and some tingling on my scalp in specific locations (I think corresponding to the part of the brain that is being damaged, a guy on the Ray Peat forum had a fascinating theory about this) but it all went away whenever the redistribution ended. I got it all out in less than a week.

Bankai900

May 27, 2019
Poland
@Shuddering
I'll read through it again next days. I don't think antibiotics are a good way unless you're really out of natural options. I don't like RayPeat and you can search a bit about Haidut here. A heavy drugabuser wouldn't age that bad. So this automatically makes him questionable for me.
I'd rather fast for 1-2weeks and refeed properly. Then add electrolyte protocol with betaine pepsins ox bile etc. And do that 3-5x first year when it comes to gutbiome. Would fix liver instantly aswell. Had tinnitus during my first waterfast on off, mostly just some seconds 20-30 but pretty intense. Had very severe physical brain pain then. Couldn't sleep but yet was terryfied of getting more than 5h lol since upon waking up it was worst, with brain inflammation feeling like my head wrapped in foil inside and as if I'd have a blockage or "parting" in there. So it might be brain damage. Brain can get fixed tho with movement from what I understand, HIIT etc. Maybe gut inflammation would lead to brain issues there either. I belive the gut is partly what we perceive our brain anyway. In all those books from Gundry or all kinds of longevity stuff or elimination diet sweet potatoes seem to be a freefood. I never really liked the taste tho much. Highly prefer potatoes and ate them for decades, but here we got lectins KEK

Shuddering

Dec 11, 2019
@Shuddering
I'll read through it again next days. I don't think antibiotics are a good way unless you're really out of natural options. I don't like RayPeat and you can search a bit about Haidut here. A heavy drugabuser wouldn't age that bad. So this automatically makes him questionable for me.
I'd rather fast for 1-2weeks and refeed properly. Then add electrolyte protocol with betaine pepsins ox bile etc. And do that 3-5x first year when it comes to gutbiome. Would fix liver instantly aswell. Had tinnitus during my first waterfast on off, mostly just some seconds 20-30 but pretty intense. Had very severe physical brain pain then. Couldn't sleep but yet was terryfied of getting more than 5h lol since upon waking up it was worst, with brain inflammation feeling like my head wrapped in foil inside and as if I'd have a blockage or "parting" in there. So it might be brain damage. Brain can get fixed tho with movement from what I understand, HIIT etc. Maybe gut inflammation would lead to brain issues there either. I belive the gut is partly what we perceive our brain anyway. In all those books from Gundry or all kinds of longevity stuff or elimination diet sweet potatoes seem to be a freefood. I never really liked the taste tho much. Highly prefer potatoes and ate them for decades, but here we got lectins KEK
I agree with you about Haidut. I do not like his supplement/drug approach. I also think RayPeat's dietary reommendations are very dangerous for most. But there is some very useful information on that forum if you dig for it, and ignore the basic comments by the majority of users who don't really lnow what's going on.

Sweet potatoes can be a great food, if you don't already have a gut dysbiosis (hence okinawans, etc). I really miss them, and potatoes, but I can't eat either of them again yet or I suffer horribly.