Talkingant Tests (PSSD)

talkingant

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, just got my blood tests back. I havent had time to go through them in detail yet but figured I'd post here if anyone wants to look. I plan on getting a hair test in early Jan as well.

Background: 28 yr old male, PSSD for ~4 yrs from Prozac. Not currently taking any supplements/protocols.

Talkingant_1.jpg
Talkingant_2.jpg
Talkingant_3.jpg
Talkingant_4.jpg
Talkingant_5.jpg

Last edited:

talkingant

Oct 25, 2017
If I missed anything blood test wise that would be interesting, let me know and I'll get it in a few weeks. Once I figure out where I'm at I'm gunna take a stab at one of the newer protocols.

talkingant

Oct 25, 2017
Update: I received some additional blood test results, posted below. I am awaiting results from my DD hair analysis. I will also do a hair analysis with ARL to compare/contrast the results and recommendations. I am considering doing a protocol after I get my hair test results, based on what has been discussed recently. If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated. I will start a log thread once I get something going.

takbt2-1.jpg
takbt2-2.jpg

Last edited:

Orion

Oct 3, 2017
Hairtest will definitely give you a complete picture. Seems that glycine might be something to try, very cool that you could get aminos profiled with that testing.

Most likely betaine HCl with aminos will be a good start. Hairtest will show what minerals might benefit you. If you have body fat to spare, some long water fasts as well.

raven

Oct 22, 2017
London, UK
That's really interesting, yours are the first PSSD results I've seen with high in range FSH, and I've seen around 30 sets of results

talkingant

Oct 25, 2017
I've received my ARL hair test results, shown below. It mostly agrees with the DD test. I also have a Trace Elements test on the way so we can compare these labs, per suggestion from a community member. Once I have all three I will do a quick statistical analysis to compare the tests.

jg_arl.jpg

talkingant

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my Trace Elements test. Comparing all three the results seem fairly consistent. I will spend some time reading all their reports and synthesizing dietary and supplement recommendations. So far it looks like I will do something similar to the Electrolyte Protocol in combination with dietary adjustments. For anyone who is considering getting a hair test, these three labs appear to be accurate. For the reports and suggestions, I feel the TE report is the most clear/helpful. It is straight and to the point. The ARL report is thorough but pretty long-winded, where it's not as easy to pull out the actionable recommendations. The DD report did not offer much help regarding dietary suggestions. Both the ARL and TE report overlap in many of the dietary and supplement suggestions, but they do have some differences as well. Once I've had time to sift through the reports in detail I will come up with a protocol and start my log thread, hopefully within the next week.

tak TE1.png

tak TE2.png

HerrFisch

Oct 7, 2017
yes
Wow your Potassium is really low. ^^ Looks even more drastic on TEI.
But interesting to see that Doctors Data and TEI scale differs form ARL at Cobalt.
Looks like ARL does not seem to think high cobalt, iron leves are as bad as high copper levels.

But good to know, that the ARL and TEI are pretty much the same. Thanks for doing all 3 I guess ^^

Have you thought about adapting suggestions from Electrolyte Protocol?
Like HCL, Kcl, NaCl, Mn, litte zinc, Se, Bo, b vits ?

Last edited:

talkingant

Oct 25, 2017
@Jaxx The reports I got back did include recommendations on diet and supplements. I can upload those pages too if interested. The recommendations are tailored to your mineral deficiencies/excess, so I dont think there are any "standard" ARL/TE recommendations that apply to everyone.

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
Netherlands
@Jaxx The reports I got back did include recommendations on diet and supplements. I can upload those pages too if interested. The recommendations are tailored to your mineral deficiencies/excess, so I dont think there are any "standard" ARL/TE recommendations that apply to everyone.
No i understand it should be tailored. My point is more that others seem to get test results, without recommendations or with non ARL recommendations which seems just another commercial opportunity for some practitioners.
Would love to see your recommendations to further understand the format of the standard output!

talkingant

Oct 25, 2017
Here is a summary of the three hair test levels. I highlighted a problem when 2 out of three agreed and put some "maybe"s if the levels were close to being a problem.

ta hairtest summary.png

I have also uploaded the full TE report and a snippet of the ARL report at the link below. I only received a paper copy of the ARL report so I just scanned the two sections which have actual dietary and supplement recommendations. The rest of the ARL report is basically boilerplate educational materials on mineral imbalance. I'm not too keen on the price of these supplement programs so if anyone has suggestions on lower cost alternatives, let me know.

Dropbox - talkingant hairtest reports.zip

talkingant

Oct 25, 2017
After reviewing the ARL and TE programs, I've decided to do the TE one. They are basically the same regarding dietary recommendations (high protein, low fat, moderate unrefined carb diet). But there are differences in the supplement programs, detailed in the summary tables below. I summed up all the ingredients of all the supplements in the programs because there is some overlap, and I wanted to see the total ingredients I would be taking per day. The TE supplement program seems closer to the Electrolyte Protocol with significant Betaine HCL and digestive enzymes. Also, both programs suggest avoiding Vitamin D3 and calcium in my diet, but the ARL supplements include both! Weird. Lastly the TE supplements are a little cheaper. So for anyone wondering if they should get an ARL or TE hair analysis, I'd suggest TE because the report is easier to read, the supplements seem to make more sense, and the testing+supplement program is cheaper.

I will start a log thread once I've received the TE supplements.
ta program supps.png

Oct 4, 2017
You have PSSD, and your sodium and potassium are extremely low. I have PSSD and mine are crazy high. Are we seeing the "two cases" with PSSD similar as they are talked about in regards to PFS?

talkingant

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I've had genital numbness, ED, low libido, and emotional blunting for over 4 yrs, which all started while I was on an SSRI.

I'm not sure on the theory behind the "two cases" of PFS, but based on what has been discussed in the forum recently it seems like one of the leading theories on PSSD/PFS is related to hormone imbalances, with various nutrient protocols attempting to fix that. With people seeing some temporary success on RU/Ella, it seems to support hormones being involved in the problem. So I figured I'd give a mineral balance protocol a shot, along with some of the stuff from the Electrolyte Protocol thread. And it is pretty low-risk anyway as most people already consume these nutrients to various degrees.