St John's Wort - PSSD ELIMINATED, Emotions Online, Anhedonia Gone.

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Attention everyone.

I am day 6 on St John's Wort extract (Ze 117 LOW in hyperforin), and I am SHOCKED.

ALL my PSSD symptoms have reversed.... Complete sensation back, feeling, anhedonia disappeared, I have a thrill for life, excitatory response and RANDOM Flashbacks and emotions.

@Nina - This is copying what CYPRO does to me on the rebound... But I feel much better using SJW Ze 117 low in hyperforin instead of relying on diabetic cyproheptadine just to feel good. And I feel like this SJW will lead to permanent effects if I stick with it for long enough.

My refractory period has gone down significantly, I have erotic dreams again and I can have a massive climax and pleasure again. Stronger gasms. Quicker reload. I get erections just staring at hot girls easily, like a 14 year old again.

This is also what I have noticed from St. John's Wort Extract (Positive effects started on day 3, and got WORSE initially)
-Flashbacks and waves of emotions like when I was a child. This was robbed from me, almost as if I had been SSRI'd.
-I started crying at night about my past soccer childhood career that ended… This was an AMAZING feeling, being able to FEEL the pain of crying…. Crying was difficult for me prior to this.
-Hurt feelings when something bad happens, that little stab to the heart feeling is back.
-Difficulty working at a fast pace, because I am emotional or feeling my thoughts which is interrupting my flow state. Usually when I'm numb, I can work insanely quick and find myself in a flow state a lot. This is harder when I am alive again.
-Thrill and excitatory response is back, the suspense feeling is back, I can FEEL a movie or music.
-Less altruistic and more focused on how I can SATISFY myself, more addictive prone, more inclined to take risks.
-More distracted.
-Entranced by the music. Tickles and goose bumps are back.
-Emotional flashbacks to when I was younger playing video games at Tato’s.
-Slightly more unusual behaviours and less stable, but more emotional, way more emotional, the emotional depth has come back online fully. That thrill and excitatory response has come back and is like a feeling in the chest that is just there and tickling
-Little bit slower and worsened verbal fluency, but this is because I am now more HEIGHTENED and thrill is back!!!
-Flashbacks to sitting down at primary school for MOVIES in the halls, where we used to sit down and feel that thill of sitting next to hot girls…. that little excitation of being in , where we used to have assembley’s and I used to get excited if a hot girl sat near me!!!
-Anticipation for the BELL to go, in class, waiting for break, the excitation and thrill to go outside and SHOW off.
-Hyper alert and vigilant.
-Hesitation before speaking, that little thrill.

Ask me any questions you want. I am confident this will remain this way even if I stopped taking it for a day or two. But I am going to continue

@Nina

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Many people got cured with it from PSSD. We all know this. and rec'd this to many people.

the only thing is that you never took SSRI, so obviously you dont have PSSD. PSSD has many cases since drugs are different , SSRI lets say is diffrenent from fluoxetine. Nonetheless you can have problems with 5ht2 receptor after ashwaganda I assume

Hypericum perforatum L (St John's wort) preferentially increases extracellular dopamine levels in the rat prefrontal cortex

The 5-HT2 receptors appears to be involved in suppressingly nNOS activity in neurons (nNOS being localized with glutaminergic NMDA receptors[125] and is involved in NMDA dependent learning and excitotoxicity[126]) as inhibition of 5-HT2enhances nNOS activity[127] and ashwagandha has been noted to enhance signalling of this receptor subset[122] and reduce nNOS immunostaining following stress.[124]

[Mechanism of action of St. Johns wort extract]. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Many people got cured with it from PSSD. We all know this. and rec'd this to many people.

the only thing is that you never took SSRI, so obviously you dont have PSSD. PSSD has many cases since drugs are different , SSRI lets say is diffrenent from fluoxetine. Nonetheless you can have problems with 5ht2 receptor after ashwaganda I assume

Hypericum perforatum L (St John's wort) preferentially increases extracellular dopamine levels in the rat prefrontal cortex

The 5-HT2 receptors appears to be involved in suppressingly nNOS activity in neurons (nNOS being localized with glutaminergic NMDA receptors[125] and is involved in NMDA dependent learning and excitotoxicity[126]) as inhibition of 5-HT2enhances nNOS activity[127] and ashwagandha has been noted to enhance signalling of this receptor subset[122] and reduce nNOS immunostaining following stress.[124]

[Mechanism of action of St. Johns wort extract]. - PubMed - NCBI
Thanks for the response.

I am surprised you're so fixated on the 5-HT2A receptor, rather than the 5-HT1A receptors.

And why such a big focus on nNOS, how is that even implicated in emotional numbing, anhedonia etc?!

I also have noticed that I have been needing to drink A LOT of water since starting the SJW, indicating that I am able to hold FLUIDS better, which is something that I have always struggled with.

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Hey @Ergogenic Health congrats. Happy for you. Lets hope this sticks.

Can you link what exact St. Johns Wort you are using, and your dosing frequency/amounts?
Yo!! Thanks heaps, I am confident it's going to stick. It's still good today and only had half tablet. I am going to stay on it for a minimum of 2 weeks.

Remotiv | Relieve Stress and Mild Anxiety - Flordis Australia

I started out with 2 tablets a day for the first 3-4 days, and now I have dropped it down to around 1/2 to one a day. I feel like it has some serious interaction with adenosine receptors.... because I do notice I get ULTRA sleepy like 8 hours after dosing.

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
How real is the risk of cataract due to hypericin in SJW ?
Wouldnt eventually SJW lead to 5ht1a desensitization ?
Doubt it will lead to desensitization. This is mimicking what CYPROHEPTADINE does to me on the withdrawal.

Also not concerned about cataracts at all. Easy to deal with.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Thanks for the response.

I am surprised you're so fixated on the 5-HT2A receptor, rather than the 5-HT1A receptors.

And why such a big focus on nNOS, how is that even implicated in emotional numbing, anhedonia etc?!

I also have noticed that I have been needing to drink A LOT of water since starting the SJW, indicating that I am able to hold FLUIDS better, which is something that I have always struggled with.

I am not fixated on the 5h2a only , but also on 5htc2. emotional numbing and anhedonia is glutamate and dopamine imbalance which is controlled by those 2 receptors. Thi sis why I posted you a study showing that SJW increases dopamine in PFC. possibly by blocking 5htc2 thru gaba. and downregulates beta receptors by doing so

there is no focus on nNOS, i just posted to you how ashwaganda and SJW have similar action and how glutamate increases intracellular calcium which affects nitric oxide. and can potentiates also histamine H1 receptor.

5h2a controls the balance of glutamate and mglu2 and 5hc2 control the release of dopamine and noradrenaline thru GABA and ACTH release.and thus beta endorphin.thru POMC.. So people who screw with those receptors can get dopamine and glutamate imbalance, and for instance high or low glutamate can cause terrible adhedonia, thus people feel better using NMDA blockers on PSSD discord.

I spent sometimes researching PSSD last 2-3 months.

Please update when you get off SJW. If it works it would be nice at least we will know that SJW can fix one of the imbalances in those receptors after ashwaganda usage.

Last edited:

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Before I respond to your comments above @Helen I have to say something else.

FOOD TASTES FUCKING AMAZING AGAIN.... Explosions of flavours in my mouth. Tonight I had salmon, with lemon and tabouleh. Fkn unreal..... the pleasure, and MORE flashbacks to when I was younger.... FEeling more an more like my creativity and daydreaming ability is back??! The only other compound that gave me these same flashback feelings was HOMOTAURINE....

So it appears that SJW also antagonizes GABA-B receptors, similar to Homotaurine. Homotaurine also induced amazing pleasure response and flashbacks when I used it. I might use it again.

I don't know when I will stop the SJW. I am too scared to. I just want to feel this way all the time.

I then had some milk chocolate and fucking almost felt euphoria response from this - Like a head tension feeling, I feel like Im on a Dopamine Reuptake inhibitor or something or a part of my brain has been re-wired again,.

Will respond to your comments tomorrow @Helen .

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Before I respond to your comments above @Helen I have to say something else.

FOOD TASTES FUCKING AMAZING AGAIN.... Explosions of flavours in my mouth. Tonight I had salmon, with lemon and tabouleh. Fkn unreal..... the pleasure, and MORE flashbacks to when I was younger.... FEeling more an more like my creativity and daydreaming ability is back??! The only other compound that gave me these same flashback feelings was HOMOTAURINE....

So it appears that SJW also antagonizes GABA-B receptors, similar to Homotaurine. Homotaurine also induced amazing pleasure response and flashbacks when I used it. I might use it again.

I don't know when I will stop the SJW. I am too scared to. I just want to feel this way all the time.

I then had some milk chocolate and fucking almost felt euphoria response from this - Like a head tension feeling, I feel like Im on a Dopamine Reuptake inhibitor or something or a part of my brain has been re-wired again,.

Will respond to your comments tomorrow @Helen .

Haha, no reason to respond, I understand how SJW works. Enjoy your hypomania, I know how it feels. I remember I was sitting drooling over food, and naked pictures when I got hypomania and when I played with oxytocin receptor. I remember one time I blocked oxytocin receptor I was sitting in this cafe and looking at this ugly chick. thinking how beautiful her curves were.))

MCurtone

Apr 7, 2019
Canada
I just want to add that when I got PFS, I started taking a lot of ashwaganda as well...like a lot. I thought it would help with my stress, and I too, have numb feelings, little pleasure and anhedonia. I wonder if it's due to PFS or this was added on due to ashwa. I forgot to mention this to you @Helen I was taking ashwaganda for some months. Sometimes taking it with coffee or by itself.

Ingeno

May 18, 2018
London
I just want to add that when I got PFS, I started taking a lot of ashwaganda as well...like a lot. I thought it would help with my stress, and I too, have numb feelings, little pleasure and anhedonia. I wonder if it's due to PFS or this was added on due to ashwa. I forgot to mention this to you @Helen I was taking ashwaganda for some months. Sometimes taking it with coffee or by itself.
Same for me, big chance some sides are due to ashwagandha. Mostly aswhagandha gave me benefits while on it, increased libido and feeling no stress, more relaxed. Used it multiple times on and off, also before FIN.

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Haha, no reason to respond, I understand how SJW works. Enjoy your hypomania, I know how it feels. I remember I was sitting drooling over food, and naked pictures when I got hypomania and when I played with oxytocin receptor. I remember one time I blocked oxytocin receptor I was sitting in this cafe and looking at this ugly chick. thinking how beautiful her curves were.))

Haha I love how you call it hypomania, when really I have experienced that in the past, on Ladasten (Bromantane) and Uridine, that was the most amazing time of my life. But this feeling from SJW does not feel as stimulating and energising, I just the FEELING component of my existence restored. Again, today I am feeling cured still, and I only had a 1/4 of a tablet in the morning.

How did you block the oxytocin receptor lol?

I can't seem to find whether SJW interacts with 5-HT2C receptors, but it sure as hell make sense to me. I remember once you mentioned the importance of CRF receptors...

Antagonist effect of pseudohypericin at CRF1 receptors.

I am too scared to stop taking SJW now @Helen - When do you think I should stop? It's day 7 now. Shouldn't it be used for at least 2 weeks?

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne

I bet Ashwagandha played a huge role in your anhedonia. Check out this article I wrote with NUMEROUS anecdotes:

Ashwagandha Can Cause Anhedonia, PSSD, Blunted Emotions and Apathy.

MCurtone

Apr 7, 2019
Canada

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
I am currently running the HCG protocol, 250iu 3x per week. Will run this for 6-8 weeks and see if it helps. After that, I will try St. John's Wort like yourself.
Keep us updated with your progress man.

What else are you taking alongside it?