Shrinkage shrinkage shrinkage....

Ocguy

May 7, 2018
Orange county
You know what @brix , last week I was feeling really good, sexually I mean... but low on energy... I also had strep throat which I took a week's work of Azrithromycin for (zPak) ... I'm also low carb right now...

You have tweaked my interest bro... as I didn't *think* I was feeling so good (libido wise) due to the antibiotics but now I wonder... could that be what made last week stand out for me??

Man, I got some testing to do now for sure... :)

Which antibiotics are you taking?

Oh why didn't you add D3 to your mix? It's a good addition to this for hormone related support...

thank you bro @brix !!!
Hey buddy.. I've been chatting with @bruschi11 offline and told him about my experience with azithromycin.. in 2015 I was put on it for a month due to a lung infection..( too much iv ozone) anyway, during that time my libido was like 50 percent.. which is huge for me, considering I'm always around 5 percent now (if that)

There was a definite switch that flipped.. I started feeling like myself again.. by the 3rd month after stopping the 30 day treatment everything faded back to baseline.. considering azith. Half life is roughly 3days it makes mathematical sense it was driving the bandaid recovery.

After my next hair test In about 10 days, I plan on retesting this.. I bought 180 generic azithromycin in preperation. If it works I might consider an ongoing super low dose. And keeping gut/microbiome well fed.. although , will probably have to sacrifice macrolides as a weapon against any possible infection in the future..

I think it affects progesterone, I was reading about girls missing their periods when on it.. it definitely has an effect on hormones

joekool

Oct 4, 2017
Hey @Ocguy i agree the concept is similar to our Androgen Receptors being screwed up... What have you tried with thyroid? Have you ever looked into reverse T3 levels?

I did a T3 cycle for a month to flush my rT3 & i def felt more energetic when i stopped taking T3 and my normal stuff kicked in.

Also, did Azrithomycin improve libido while on it too? I'm thinking of trialing a full month

joekool

Oct 4, 2017
Ha @Ocguy i was replying as you were! Lol

Ok great info on zpack! I saw raypeat and danny roddy also promote a strong antibiotic cycle. Very very interesting concept because I've seen other reports of gut issues and fungal issues in gut, so this may be an Avenue.

Thank you man!!

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Hey buddy.. I've been chatting with @bruschi11 offline and told him about my experience with azithromycin.. in 2015 I was put on it for a month due to a lung infection..( too much iv ozone) anyway, during that time my libido was like 50 percent.. which is huge for me, considering I'm always around 5 percent now (if that)

There was a definite switch that flipped.. I started feeling like myself again.. by the 3rd month after stopping the 30 day treatment everything faded back to baseline.. considering azith. Half life is roughly 3days it makes mathematical sense it was driving the bandaid recovery.

After my next hair test In about 10 days, I plan on retesting this.. I bought 180 generic azithromycin in preperation. If it works I might consider an ongoing super low dose. And keeping gut/microbiome well fed.. although , will probably have to sacrifice macrolides as a weapon against any possible infection in the future..

I think it affects progesterone, I was reading about girls missing their periods when on it.. it definitely has an effect on hormones

azithromycin decreases breakdown of cortisol , same as Licorice root, same enzyme.

You went off the thyroid meds , right? did you test the hair after going off thyroid meds. the hairtest changed right?

Ocguy

May 7, 2018
Orange county
azithromycin decreases breakdown of cortisol , same as Licorice root, same enzyme.

You went off the thyroid meds , right? did you test the hair after going off thyroid meds. the hairtest changed right?
HI Helen.. yes been off ever since u told me I was high.. about 8 months now,.. and yes sodium potassium started dropping immediately.. well, the next test. It's been falling ever since, also dumped a shitton of aluminum (3 Amigos pattern) and coming out of fast. I believe. . Will no more soon

I retested thyroid labs last week just to see and tsh is sputtering just a tiny bit.. tsh 4.6 but free t3 is fine 3.2
And t4 looks pretty good too.. I'm surprised it's held up..

Thanks! Maybe I should try licorice root and see how it compares to the azithro.. any contraindications with licorice root and fast oxidizers?

Ocguy

May 7, 2018
Orange county
Ha @Ocguy i was replying as you were! Lol

Ok great info on zpack! I saw raypeat and danny roddy also promote a strong antibiotic cycle. Very very interesting concept because I've seen other reports of gut issues and fungal issues in gut, so this may be an Avenue.

Thank you man!!
Azithromycin won't help fungus at all btw.. if anything would make it worse.. best bet if we cycle/test this is s. boulardi probiotic (the good yeast) along with prebiotics and probiotics of course

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017

Ocguy

May 7, 2018
Orange county
@Ocguy so you are still a fast oxidizer after coming off thyroid? Could you show me your hairtest

With azithromycin , what it does is increases cortisol and also increases very important enzyme which is 3beta HSD. Progesterone.

Macrolides increase the expression of 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 in human sinonasal epithelium, contributing to glucocorticoid activation i... - PubMed - NCBI

This is why this antibiotic stops bleeding in women. Stops their period.

Do you have high DHEA?

Well, if i go on azithromycin it will save me a ton of money on Tampons!! ))

DHEA, everytime i tested it was normal.

I finally made a log.. Sorry it took so long, you can check out the last 3 hair tests, and see the progress with thyroid etc.. If u have any comments, or concerns or things you see in the tests your feedback is always so welcome..

https://hackstasis.com/threads/ocguy-long-overdue-log.1665/

esp90

Nov 11, 2017
Well I've just been on vacation and my diet has been shit so right now? not so good. But I cant say I noticed an increase like I did with the fasting, and when I do no fiber, no starch, diet wich is very anti-inflammatory for my gut. but this is just me. Have you tried fasting? are you slow or fast oxidiser?

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
International Waters - Whaling
www.youtube.com
My dick got 3/4 of an inch bigger after my 3 week waterfast...no kidding. And if I eat lots of gluten it shrinks, I think for me its gut inflammation that causes it to be bigger or smaller.
While outside of general inflammation and possibly hurting leanness, I can't exactly pinpoint why I hate gluten... I feel better without it. After a while, maybe a long time, gluten no longer causes shrinkage for me. SURELY, caused hellish reactions in 2017 -- like increased suicidality, and sick feelings, and pfs crash. Rite now just makes me feel a bit less good. Same with some milk. or a lot... just don't think they suit me, like they don't a lot of people, especially with PFS. Stick to fasting, and eating super clean for 6mo or a year... I mean different fasting episodes, and that affect will go away most likely (shrinkage from a certain food, gluten or whatever). Good that you had shrinkage reversal gains from fasting, me too, plus a lot of other stuff (detailed in 2 logs, but summarized in the one linked in signature). Mostly easy to avoid gluten, because the carbs I eat are rice, potatoes, various fibrous vegetables also. Sometimes I run out of time and just order food and it comes with bread, but usually I discard that. I remember only cooking after a long water fast for like 3months, then adding a tiny bit of takeout at 4-6months, and testing bread etc at 6-8months. Even zero pfs affects, I just think in case it hurts my ADHD/mood anxiety etc, let alone vanity things like bodyfat composition I avoid it. But seems not to affect all. Everything's ok ish in moderation, but its best to be super strict in the beginning. And honestly less is more long term too, less options in diet and elsewhere alike simplifies life. Minimalism.

I mean while it's difficulty to remember exact dates, this and that, I do feel water fasting helped reverse shrinkage more than ru, ella. Randro helped too I'm pretty sure. Time and all those things, but I think water fasting, electrolytes, were primary. If I had more funds back then, I'd probably try more RU. Again, it's easier to stick to key things than to go all out in so many different ways to heal PFS or any other project, health or otherwise. Some testicular shrinkage remains but I am sure it will go away, probably with more TEI. Probably other ways too... but that would fit keeping it simple (tho I really really dislike water retention/ digestion issues, however, I need to accept some suffering in order to fix things).

Also, yeah come to think of it, just remembering being severely ill on and after finasteride, and remembering bad digestion, anxiety on effexor, accutane, etc... if it's all related which in many ways it is... and POIS too like Helen describes many times on H/S, then just in case, I feel I'll avoid gluten 90-99% of days anyways. PRE fasting, it actually seemed impossible to get better personally speaking, so after those gains and realizing how down I was, and that cleansing actually worked... it's hard to disregard the past experiences to inflammatory food, and meds alike.

Last edited:

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
While outside of general inflammation and possibly hurting leanness, I can't exactly pinpoint why I hate gluten... I feel better without it. After a while, maybe a long time, gluten no longer causes shrinkage for me. SURELY, caused hellish reactions in 2017 -- like increased suicidality, and sick feelings, and pfs crash. Rite now just makes me feel a bit less good. Same with some milk. or a lot... just don't think they suit me, like they don't a lot of people, especially with PFS. Stick to fasting, and eating super clean for 6mo or a year... I mean different fasting episodes, and that affect will go away most likely (shrinkage from a certain food, gluten or whatever). Good that you had shrinkage reversal gains from fasting, me too, plus a lot of other stuff (detailed in 2 logs, but summarized in the one linked in signature). Mostly easy to avoid gluten, because the carbs I eat are rice, potatoes, various fibrous vegetables also. Sometimes I run out of time and just order food and it comes with bread, but usually I discard that. I remember only cooking after a long water fast for like 3months, then adding a tiny bit of takeout at 4-6months, and testing bread etc at 6-8months. Even zero pfs affects, I just think in case it hurts my ADHD/mood anxiety etc, let alone vanity things like bodyfat composition I avoid it. But seems not to affect all. Everything's ok ish in moderation, but its best to be super strict in the beginning. And honestly less is more long term too, less options in diet and elsewhere alike simplifies life. Minimalism.

I mean while it's difficulty to remember exact dates, this and that, I do feel water fasting helped reverse shrinkage more than ru, ella. Randro helped too I'm pretty sure. Time and all those things, but I think water fasting, electrolytes, were primary. If I had more funds back then, I'd probably try more RU. Again, it's easier to stick to key things than to go all out in so many different ways to heal PFS or any other project, health or otherwise. Some testicular shrinkage remains but I am sure it will go away, probably with more TEI. Probably other ways too... but that would fit keeping it simple (tho I really really dislike water retention/ digestion issues, however, I need to accept some suffering in order to fix things).

Also, yeah come to think of it, just remembering being severely ill on and after finasteride, and remembering bad digestion, anxiety on effexor, accutane, etc... if it's all related which in many ways it is... and POIS too like Helen describes many times on H/S, then just in case, I feel I'll avoid gluten 90-99% of days anyways. PRE fasting, it actually seemed impossible to get better personally speaking, so after those gains and realizing how down I was, and that cleansing actually worked... it's hard to disregard the past experiences to inflammatory food, and meds alike.
In a tough healing reaction currently and when it seems nothing in world could put smile on my face, reading this did it.

Everyone here should take a page out of MNK’s book and follow it. If you’re really messed up, there’s zero excuse not to.

Minime

Oct 4, 2017

I finished a round of Azithromycin a few weeks ago. I gained weight while on it. Felt good. I’m on licorice root now and unfortunately it has the opposite effect on me. I’m losing weight and looking deathly thin again. Also shrinkage is much worse while on licorice root.
Just curious if you have any thoughts on why licorice root impacts me differently than azithromycin and why licorice root causes shrinkage.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
I finished a round of Azithromycin a few weeks ago. I gained weight while on it. Felt good. I’m on licorice root now and unfortunately it has the opposite effect on me. I’m losing weight and looking deathly thin again. Also shrinkage is much worse while on licorice root.
Just curious if you have any thoughts on why licorice root impacts me differently than azithromycin and why licorice root causes shrinkage.

azithromycin increases 3 beta hsd. and licorice root decreases. So one increases potassium and the other one decreases potassium.

Azithromycin increases 11beta hsd 1 which is in the liver , which converts cortisone into cortisol.

Licorice root stops the enzyme 11 bea hsd 2 in the kidney, which converts cortisol into cortisone.

Last edited:

Crashing

Jun 4, 2018
CA
i believe it takes 3.5-4 years of clean eating, lots of antioxidants and no carbs to revert the penile fibrosis...

if there were some extremely powerful antioxidant that would be bioavailable it'd be great, unfortunately most of them are minimally absorbed, so one needs to focus on avoiding sugar and carbs, that have a pro-oxidative effect.

i wonder if we could get our hands on mitochondrial antioxidants such as MitoQ, Tiron, SkQ1...