[Seekinghealth's Log - Fast 1 or not? Sky high sodium/potassium - Aterial blood gasses and urine included]

Ingeno

May 18, 2018
London
Just a heads up, do some research before doing TEI in The Netherlands, you won't have access to all original TEI supplements and adding in your own stuff can be a hassle. There are some posts about this on this forum.

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
what do you mean why? should ceruloplasmin be high in copper deficiency

Estrogen is high , and cerulo is low - means copper deficiency or problems with ceruloplasmin. ( histidine, cysteine, vitamin A , retinoic acid metabolism etc)
My estrogen was rather low this time around though ergo; <0.09 (0.10-0,19) (also high prolact and high progest) I guess that is where the discussion comes from.

Last edited:

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
My estrogen was rather low this time around though ergo; <0.09 (0.10-0,19) (also high prolact and high progest) I guess that is where discussion comes from.

serotonin raises prolactin, prolactin retains calcium.

estrogen is low because you pounded salt and calcium, like there is no tomorrow.))

you increased compensation by a lot and thus body lowered estrogen.

I mean that if there is no copper, body has to use calcium and sodium to compensate for lack of it. and it also raises estrogen to retain it.

then if you take tons of sodium and calcium. blood pressure goes way up. and this then causes the body not want estrogen at all. so it lowers it totally.

and if you take magnesium and potassium, and drop sodium and calcium, your estrogen then will go way up, since the body will want copper.

Is this clear?

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
serotonin raises prolactin, prolactin retains calcium.

estrogen is low because you pounded salt and calcium, like there is no tomorrow.))

you increased compensation by a lot and thus body lowered estrogen.

I mean that if there is no copper, body has to use calcium and sodium to compensate for lack of it. and it also raises estrogen to retain it.

then if you take tons of sodium and calcium. blood pressure goes way up. and this then causes the body not want estrogen at all. so it lowers it totally.

and if you take magnesium and potassium, and drop sodium and calcium, your estrogen then will go way up, since the body will want copper.

Is this clear?
Yeah this makes sense except for the role of progesteron in this? Is it now trying to retain potassium or just frank to high through zinc? Losing potassium through urination (4.250 ml) as seen above, makes my muscles sore as hell.

Furthermore, I have gone over my old-bloodwork and made a snapshot that is somehow relevant for the copper discussion for everyone. Even with past high estradiol my copper in plasma was not much higher than it is now. So it is indeed more complex as you stated above, compared to just estrogen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: This compenation pattern through calcium and or salt has been doing a number to my head hair and the body hair story as written in the other thread. I am also breathing far less than I would like. I would really like to reverse the hair situation and finally be able to work-out again and breath again. So less CO2 production without compensation would perhaps improve this?

Am I becoming a poster boy for the raypeat diet? :( The calcium and salt surely aint going to do it :)

Also high serotonin could explain the frequent bowel movements! How is copper related to fat digestion, probaly as part of the SOD's for pancreatic enzymes?

Anyhow thanks for your time!

Screenshot_2019-11-01 gekloot Waardesgeupdate tm 07-09-2019 pdf.png

Last edited:

HerrFisch

Oct 7, 2017
yes
what do you mean why? should ceruloplasmin be high in copper deficiency

Estrogen is high , and cerulo is low - means copper deficiency or problems with ceruloplasmin. ( histidine, cysteine, vitamin A , retinoic acid metabolism etc)
Oh yes with copper deficiency, ok

High Prolactin, low DHT, high Serotonin and high ACTH makes sense looking at his hairtest.
But why does Progesterone stay high?

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Oh yes with copper deficiency, ok

High Prolactin, low DHT, high Serotonin and high ACTH makes sense looking at his hairtest.
But why does Progesterone stay high?

since he took high dosage calcium and sodium after

HerrFisch

Oct 7, 2017
yes
Yeah this makes sense except for the role of progesteron in this?
Oh. :d You already asked

since he took high dosage calcium and sodium after
sry seems like I skiped some or did not read too carefully.
Weird though that he succesfully used zinc against hairloss. Not really clear what kind, but it sounds like shedding.

@Seekinghealth copper deficiency like in menkes disease (more serious example) you get this kind of kinky hair.
Question I cant find the answer to, did you crash from accutane or fin?

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
The (hospital) Endo will call me this week as he needed more time to look over this new bloodwork collected through my (GP).

I need to quit that Salt/Calcium, protocol before I can do anything else, the orginal plan was to have me go on it till mid-december.
If I don't synch my steps with him, I will be worse off as he seems to be the only one that is even putting any effort in me as a patient and hence acces to hospital tests.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But anyhow I find it very hard to cope with (atm). Hairwise; Somehow, based on my bloodwork and the little things that I know with regards to meds; I have low DHT and high progesteron, so I am correct to say that Finasteride/Dusteride will not work for me?

Within this state I always used zinc and or b6-p5p. As it seems to be able to keep it somewhat stable.

I pee like a mad-man each night. I can barely get 2-3 hours of sleep before waking up. In a state of frequent hunger than usually. I no longer recover from excercise which I loved to do and my hair is being murdered. It is receding now and overall thinning.

But I have to say I have never gotten in more copper in through food as these last 2 years. The Zinc is 50mg as basis and b6-p5p as well. Sometimes higher during times of stress. But this part has not been changed between 2013 and 2017 (supplement wise).

So foods have been changed (more magnesium and copper) for intance I introduced buckwheat (300gram), which was me trying things since my chrash in 2017 as written above.

@HerrFisch
I have used accutane (isoretinoin) briefly for a maybe a month or so, but that has been more than +10 years ago.
The side of my head could perhaps be described as a menkes like;

Last edited:

HerrFisch

Oct 7, 2017
yes
But I have to say I have never gotten in more copper in through food as these last 2 years. The Zinc is 50mg as basis and b6-p5p as well. Sometimes higher during times of stress. But this part has not been changed between 2013 and 2017 (supplement wise).
50 mg Zinc and B6 (not sure how much) daily can easily hinder your copper uptake. (for 5 years ?)Even if you ate high copper foods.

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
Yeah between 2013-2017 (no-gluten btw) it was 50mg and the amount of b6 p5p that was in the b-complex that I used. Which is roughly the same amount. Also I ate basically basmatti rice, green peas and some meat and veggies in the evening with more rice. I had never been so strong and in shape. However, I ate like this because I was reacting to all sorts of foods and I had histamine complaints and I could not digest eat fats. This last part is a very old problem. Serb. Dematitis and acne which stems before ever touching supplements.

Now during these last 2 years since my chrash I have periods where I have even used more of the zinc and b6 as it helped me during these attacks that I had. Sweating, pupil dillation etc. But I also added more copper and magnesium foods.

I chrashed after a (coincedence) random flu I could no longer keep on training. I got weaker had to stop, could no longer sleep etc as written above. I cannot exactly say where it exactly went wrong.

Also last week I had to shit (like 14 times) in one day. So my digestion is also messed up. There is way to much for what I eat

Also I am sure I have some sort of Dermatitis herpetiformis, need to find some of the pictures.

@HerrFisch.

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
Update:

Not much action from my part (regime-wise). My doctor was supposed to call me this week as he needed additional time to look-over my recent blood-work. As I want to quit this salt-calcium protocol. I am still waiting...

However, I have been wiped out this week after, I believe, what could have been a gallbladder attack.
I have gotten 4 ultra sounds during these 2 years so far, but nothing has been found. Then again, there is far more that they could do to check it out but I have not gotten that done (HIDA; SEHCAT; Bile-acids tests only 1 or 2 hospitals in the Netherlands that can even do those)

I ate 3 eggs and 50 grams of steak tartar and some coco butter on Tuesday evening. As I am supposed to eat more fats (according to TEI and as it should make sense to slow me down). To often for my liking, I am reminded why I do not do well on fats. There has to be something there as this happend before:

I woke up around 2 at night; Nausea, upper right shoulder pain and radiating towards my shoulder blade. Upper-right-quadrant & liver-GB pain. Afterwards, I was in cold-chills and could barely stand I was vomitting bile like a mofo and in state diarrhea. The vomitting lasted till the morning hours.

Untill yesterday(friday) was I a constant state of gastritis and itching;

I had gastitis and I fixed it with just acids. gastritis is when bile comes out since the valve is not closed.
I used L-histidine in hopes of combatting this and I felt it to be very helpfull.

I am still sore in the exact GB/Liver region everytime I am eating something and I am very-light headed afterwards.

Last edited:

tanedout

Oct 17, 2017
Update:

Not much action from my part (regime-wise). My doctor was supposed to call me this week as he needed additional time to look-over my recent blood-work. As I want to quit this salt-calcium protocol. I am still waiting...

However, I have been wiped out this week after, I believe, what could have been a gallbladder attack.
I have gotten 4 ultra sounds during these 2 years so far, but nothing has been found. Then again, there is far more that they could do to check it out but I have not gotten that done (HIDA; SEHCAT; Bile-acids tests only 1 or 2 hospitals in the Netherlands that can even do those)

I ate 3 eggs and 50 grams of steak tartar and some coco butter on Tuesday evening. As I am supposed to eat more fats (according to TEI and as it should make sense to slow me down). To often for my liking, I am reminded why I do not do well on fats. There has to be something there as this happend before:

I woke up around 2 at night; Nausea, upper right shoulder pain and radiating towards my shoulder blade. Upper-right-quadrant & liver-GB pain. Afterwards, I was in cold-chills and could barely stand I was vomitting bile like a mofo and in state diarrhea. The vomitting lasted till the morning hours.

Untill yesterday(friday) was I a constant state of gastritis and itching;

I used L-histidine in hopes of combatting this and I felt it to be very helpfull.

I am still sore in the exact GB/Liver region everytime I am eating something and I am very-light headed afterwards.
Sounds a bit like my issues, I'm basically totally unable to eat fat now.

Have you had liver enzymes and bilirubin tested? Surprisingly mine always come in within range. I've had a few ultrasounds and a HIDA scan, but always come back ok. Currently waiting for results of 'total bile acids' and blood lipids (I think a lot of people have high cholesterol and triglycerides - my stood sample analysis showed these at undetectable levels)

You might get some benefits from TUDCA or ox bile

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
Sounds a bit like my issues, I'm basically totally unable to eat fat now.

Have you had liver enzymes and bilirubin tested? Surprisingly mine always come in within range. I've had a few ultrasounds and a HIDA scan, but always come back ok. Currently waiting for results of 'total bile acids' and blood lipids (I think a lot of people have high cholesterol and triglycerides - my stood sample analysis showed these at undetectable levels)

You might get some benefits from TUDCA or ox bile
Yeah I have had my liver enzymes tested multiple times. My GP (Huisarts) is getting annoyed with it; but she honored my request to get them tested wednesday morning. So this means I am getting a blood-test rather soon after one of those ''attacks''. I should have these on monday;

I have constantly elevated enzymes; AST/ALT/ALP; This has been going on for atleast these 2 years.
But according to my GP I've had this also when I was younger. But she calls this ''barely'' elevated. Go figure!! :(
I have posted my bloodwork in post #8. It is updated rather well bar my latest bloodwork that I posted before.

On cholesterol and Triglycerides they are usually very low for me on blood. The total bile acids'' test would be sweet I requested something similar, but it aint honored yet.

TUDCA would be nice; I requested my GP for a subscription. But she wouldn't allow it because I am still on this calcium/salt protocol which I want to quit. Though, when I used taurine it dried everything out.

Your issues indeed sound similair. My fat digestion is in the crapper.

Last edited:

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
@tanedout

These are my recent liver values; That I requested following my recent or what I thought to be a gallbladder-attack;

Anyhow I think something is severly wrong with my liver;

AST: 47 [0-35]
ALT: 87 [0-45]
ggt: 14 [0-55]
Bilirubine: 16 [0-17]
Alk. Phos: 130 [0-125]
Amylase: 72 [0-100]
Lipase: 3 [0-67]

No lipase; no fat digestion;

Also Bilirubine almost elevated too;

Will make a snapshot of the rise in liver values later;

Still in pain when eating; Also coughing like a mad man each time I eat and or drink.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Europe

From your bloods it seems they never ordered for you uric acid test and this might be relevant with copper to a degree for ex with its relation to manganese i think.
Also if you have Menkes gene then this might explain why the copper picture is like that. You say the most copper in for last 2 years even so Helen says you are deficient, maybe the suppl zinc is contributing as well.

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
From your bloods it seems they never ordered for you uric acid test and this might be relevant with copper to a degree for ex with its relation to manganese i think.
Also if you have Menkes gene then this might explain why the copper picture is like that. You say the most copper in for last 2 years even so Helen says you are deficient, maybe the suppl zinc is contributing as well.
I have tested this at the end of november in 2018; Guess I missed adding this in to my overall file.

Uric acid blood:

ref. range (0.20 - 0.42)

So (very) low.

PS: I can not tolerate fregrances and or/parfumes.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I have tested this at the end of november in 2018; Guess I missed adding this in to my overall file.

Uric acid blood:

ref. range (0.20 - 0.42)

So (very) low.

PS: I can not tolerate fregrances and or/parfumes.

Im correcting myself, its moly that with Xanthine oxidase and uric acid not manganese, Helen have mentioned this somewhere in the forum, but chemical sensitivities are more with manganese i think.