RWAC's PFS log

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands
@RebelWithACause
-any difference between taking 1 HCL capsule vs. like 3-4? Is taking more than 1 overkill in your case?
-Did you get vitamin B tested? Mine was super high... even without eating, eating badly, and then during my fast.
-Good job forgetting about the sugar, screw sugar.
-So any energy decrease on HCL is negated by your B complex now?
Today I did not take the betaine HCl with meals today. I take 1 capsule normally with every meal. 1 capsule does not influence me too much. But it still does I think. Lowers my motivation. Makes me kind of zombie. So more then that would give even shittier effect.

Gonna test that this week: betaine hcl + vitamin B complex, without, etc.

I read this on RP Q&A by gbolduev:

"Another idea how to cure this. If progesterone is MAO inhibitor, then any methylation protocol will cure this since it will increase neurotransmitters and that will over time downregulate the progesterone receptors. So any multivitamin with active Bs Thorne ELITE for instance. will eventually cure you. Although at first you will feel really funny since you will have tons of neurotransmitters. floating around and will be really high strung))"

Now I am not taking a very high quality vitamin B complex. I will order that tomorrow.

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands
I am going to do a 36 hour fast starting now. This week I took betaine HCl with every meal (spinach, protein, carbs) + vitamin B complex everyday. Had an OK week but the betaine HCl drains my energy.

I handle magnesium better. But I still only take it before bed (1000mg magnesium chloride).

I think the vitamin B complex started to give me lower libido after a while. I was irritated from the vitamin B complex today.

Had morning wood every morning this week. Limited sensitivity but better then baseline.

My skin is oilier. Still fairly dry but oilier. Looks better.

Started lifting again this week after not lifting for 2 weeks. Added in cardio this week. HIIT style rowing for 10 minutes. Then straight cardio for 10 minutes. Not much. But I will increase every week with 5-10 minutes. Build it up.

Taking cold showers everyday. Short, like 30 seconds to 1 minute.

After (and during) the 36 hour fast I am not going to take any supplements for a week. See how I do.

I am going to do a 36h-48h fast every weekend. So I start on friday night 8PM and I end at 8AM sunday or 8PM sunday.

I am focussing on getting my mind in a strong position again. The flu got to me. I became weak minded and started to slip mentally.

Overall progress I would say: better but not there yet.

Hope you guys are doing well. You can cry, you can rage, you can die a little from the inside. But always keep going guys. Always move forward. So that you can look back and appreciate the strength that you have shown to yourself. No one can take that away from you.

Orion

Oct 3, 2017
Had an OK week but the betaine HCl drains my energy.
Betaine depletes Potassium(lowers thyroid), are you taking KCl? 1gram with HCl at each meal is a good test to start with

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
I
Hope you guys are doing well. You can cry, you can rage, you can die a little from the inside. But always keep going guys. Always move forward. So that you can look back and appreciate the strength that you have shown to yourself. No one can take that away from you.
Amen.

This is awesome man, I'm enjoying following your ride.

Orion

Oct 3, 2017
Yea I did. I took 500mg potassium with every meal. Will try 1g next time.
Good to check your meals on chronometer.com as well, you need ~5000mg potassium per day. Adding 1g KCl with HCl should help, extra K and Chloride.

HerrFisch

Oct 7, 2017
Germany
Yea I did. I took 500mg potassium with every meal. Will try 1g next time.
Just in case you dont know, 500mg Potassium Chloride is ~270mg of (elemetal) potassium.
Orions 5000mg daily potassium suggestions are elemental. (to be accomplished with food + supplementation)
You might know that or I might have repeated myself, but I thought its better to mention that again :)

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands
Update:

Been feeling better than usual this week (last three days). No supplements.

Biggest change is anxiety. I feel at a higher baseline. My anxiety is much lower. I do not feel high anxiety and negative thoughts 24/7 anymore. It is not 100% gone but like I said at a higher baseline. Even after having a wet dream. I recovered quick. Normally this would push me back a lot.

Libido is peeking through sometimes. Erection quality and sensitivity is still meh.

Physically I look healthy again. Lean, holding less water. Face looks handsome. Energy is higher. People asked me if I was in love. LOL.

I read gbolduev recommending exercise for CFS on Ray Peat Forum. A 20 minute cardio session gives me an energy boost all day. I am also working on getting my lifts back up again. I think cardio is a good way for me to get energy benefits since I do not drink caffeine anymore.

I do a 5-10 minute walk after every meal. And I walk to my gym (20 minutes to gym, 20 minutes back). I walk a lot in general since I do not have car or bicycle. I think it helps me.

I have increased carb intake on days where I exercise.

I am going to make plans at the end of the week what I will do next and look back on the week how I felt every day.

Hope you guys are doing well. If not, let me know, I might be able to give some support.

Niles

Jan 25, 2018
New Jersey, USA
Update:

Been feeling better than usual this week (last three days). No supplements.

Biggest change is anxiety. I feel at a higher baseline. My anxiety is much lower. I do not feel high anxiety and negative thoughts 24/7 anymore. It is not 100% gone but like I said at a higher baseline. Even after having a wet dream. I recovered quick. Normally this would push me back a lot.

Libido is peeking through sometimes. Erection quality and sensitivity is still meh.

Physically I look healthy again. Lean, holding less water. Face looks handsome. Energy is higher. People asked me if I was in love. LOL.

I read gbolduev recommending exercise for CFS on Ray Peat Forum. A 20 minute cardio session gives me an energy boost all day. I am also working on getting my lifts back up again. I think cardio is a good way for me to get energy benefits since I do not drink caffeine anymore.

I do a 5-10 minute walk after every meal. And I walk to my gym (20 minutes to gym, 20 minutes back). I walk a lot in general since I do not have car or bicycle. I think it helps me.

I have increased carb intake on days where I exercise.

I am going to make plans at the end of the week what I will do next and look back on the week how I felt every day.

Hope you guys are doing well. If not, let me know, I might be able to give some support.
Awesome news, very glad to hear this after you felt so down just a couple of weeks ago!

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
underworld

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands
I'm doing very good guys. Without any supplements.

My anxiety is down. Muscles are harder throughout day + veins. Libido is up. Not crazy but definitely there. Confidence is up. Motivation to go to the gym and loving it in the gym. Had a rock hard boner a few times talking to girls. No constant negative thoughts. Increased hair shedding. Sleep is good.

This is way above PFS baseline. Way above it.

I still have some gut issues: bloating and my erections and libido are not 100%. Gut is way better though. The bloating lasts an hour and then goes away. After that no problems. My gut used to be bloated all day. From morning till night.

I do not want to be too quick to judge. But I feel good.

I am eating a good amount of food, including carbs, yet my face is chiseled and I am staying lean. Normally I would get bloated in the face quickly.

I am very active and I recover quick from workouts.

I trust my body to recover. I feel strong.

I will update once something significant happens.

Keep moving forward.

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands
I am 80% recovered I would say. I have a deep voice again. I feel calm. Depression is gone. Anxiety is gone. Libido is high. Erections are rock hard and easy to get. No crash after orgasm/wet dream. High energy and more (good type) aggression. Motivation is back. Oilier skin. Hairloss is OK. Not too bad.

I would say I am recovered but there are some symptoms lingering. Mostly pressure in the gut from time to time.

I want to thank everybody on this forums who supported me. The support helps. Even if it was not IRL support. It is good that there is a place for support because some days you cannot see the light anymore. With PFS your emotions control you sometimes and it makes it mentally tough.

I think the information gbolduev has put out is very valuable. This is how I got to do betaine HCl, Ella, Vitamin B Complex, Zinc Finger, etc. It works because I am living proof. Now what made me better? I do not know. I tried several things. It is great that there is someone like gbolduev putting time into this.

I will write down everything I did because I think it all did something. I would say the 5 day Ella course was the biggest change. The betaine HCl + Vitamin B Complex for a week also did something. The copper + electrolytes also did something. But it took a while before my body got better. I got VERY sick. After I got very sick (flu) I started to get better and better. I got sick after using Ella for 5 days. Still every day I get better it seems. Everyday I feel improvements.

So I will make a list of what I did and what effects it had on me.

Once I am 100% recovered I will post a post.

barbaar

Oct 16, 2017
The Netherlands
I am 80% recovered I would say. I have a deep voice again. I feel calm. Depression is gone. Anxiety is gone. Libido is high. Erections are rock hard and easy to get. No crash after orgasm/wet dream. High energy and more (good type) aggression. Motivation is back. Oilier skin. Hairloss is OK. Not too bad.

I would say I am recovered but there are some symptoms lingering. Mostly pressure in the gut from time to time.

I want to thank everybody on this forums who supported me. The support helps. Even if it was not IRL support. It is good that there is a place for support because some days you cannot see the light anymore. With PFS your emotions control you sometimes and it makes it mentally tough.

I think the information gbolduev has put out is very valuable. This is how I got to do betaine HCl, Ella, Vitamin B Complex, Zinc Finger, etc. It works because I am living proof. Now what made me better? I do not know. I tried several things. It is great that there is someone like gbolduev putting time into this.

I will write down everything I did because I think it all did something. I would say the 5 day Ella course was the biggest change. The betaine HCl + Vitamin B Complex for a week also did something. The copper + electrolytes also did something. But it took a while before my body got better. I got VERY sick. After I got very sick (flu) I started to get better and better. Still every day I get better it seems. Everyday I feel improvements.

So I will make a list of what I did and what effects it had on me.

Once I am 100% recovered I will post a post.
Happy for you bro! You'll be 100% in no time :)

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
I think it was the Ella for you. That was a clear turning point.
Dude is doing a lot of right things and making this is his life. I don't think its fair to pinpoint one thing for a person or a given recovery. Its going to be a collection of things.

I'd say "maybe he wouldn't be where he is today without ella." But without the other stuff he has been doing, there's no way he'd be where he is today as well.

Happy for you @RebelWithACause - this is awesome stuff. Keep going man!!!

Niles

Jan 25, 2018
New Jersey, USA
Happy beyond words for you, dude! Hope you're living life much more fully due to all the hardships you've gone through. Enjoy every moment, you earned this :)

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
underworld
I'm proud of you bro, @RebelWithACause. I look forward to your 100% update.

Edit: Damn son, excellent update!! (below). Very organized and well articulated. Happy Birthday!! That's a good bday man. Concise. Clear and to the point. Non repetitive.
Where were you when I was writing 20,000 word papers and trying to shorten them to 950-8000 words and asking for extensions and "apologizing" for being late? Lol.
Or trying to condense 200,000 words of notes into a single, clear file of arguments?

Last edited:

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands
Birthday post:

I promised I would write this. This is what I did. I will tell with each protocol/thing what helped me the most. This is subjective of course. I cannot look in my body and see what actually helped the most. I would say I am 80% fixed.

What is fixed:

- Anxiety/stress 24/7
- Depression
- Psoriasis: just a very small spot on my arm instead of both my arms full with psoriasis
- Erections
- Libido
- No POIS type symptoms after wet dream/orgasm
- Motivation
- Face is not bloated anymore
- Confidence

What is not yet fixed:

- Sometimes pain in pelvic region after having a boner for a while. I think this is caused by muscle weakness since I did not have this many/hard boners for a long time.

- In the morning my gut is more bloated. This goes away as the day goes on. I eat a good amount of food though so this could be the cause. I might take betaine HCl + electrolytes again for a while to help fix it.

1. L-cysteine + L-histidine

L-cysteine seemed to have an anti-depressant effect on me but it did not increase my libido. L-histidine seemed to increase penis sensitivity while taking it. Both together they had a mild effect. Did not feel like it helped a lot. But I remember having some good days on it.

2. Zinc Finger (Copper + Magnesium + Potassium)

Copper had a big effect on me. I went from no emotions to feeling emotions again. The magnesium and potassium were added to keep metabolism normal. I also took copper + potassium only because magnesium made me tired. I did have side effects from copper. I did not sleep well while taking it and had some weird shocks through my body when I would wake up. In general I felt a bit high estrogen/overly emotional.

3. Betaine HCl + amino acids + electrolytes (+ Vitamin B Complex later)

This fixed my gut while taking it. And I think it helped me digest proteins. I did two runs of 1 week. I got leaner when I took this. It helped physically I think. My body started to look stronger instead of soft. While taking betaine HCl I ate a lot of red meat, spinach, eggs, chicken and some basmati rice.

The second time (few weeks later) I did betaine HCl again + I added in Vitamin B Complex. It did make me a bit jittery but my libido increased. Maybe it lowered my prolactin.

If you take betaine HCl make sure you take enough electrolytes (magnesium chloride + potassium chloride) with it. I think I did not take enough because I was lethargic all the time.

4. EllaOne (5mg ED for 5 days)

Ella was the thing that I think got me out of PFS state (high anxiety + stress). I had a lot of energy while on it. Although I do think it increases estrogen while taking it. I remember being emotional while on it and one week after. Like listening to a shitty pop song on the radio and getting teary eyed.

I got the flu at day 5 of Ella and it lasted for 9 days. After that I gradually got better. I was not immediately better after taking Ella. But I felt something change from that moment.

5. Diet

I think my diet helped a lot. I do not underestimate the power of quality food. I ate/eat a lot of red meat, chicken, (raw) eggs, basmati rice (main carb), spinach, sometimes broccoli and white potatoes. In the beginning I ate not so many carbs. I ramped it up through out the weeks. But I also increased my activity levels to compensate with the increase of carbs.

I did a short fast of 34 hours. Before that I did intermittent fasting some days. Not a lot.

I think supplements are not good. They always have an extreme effect. While food is more balanced. I am eating the same diet now. No supplements. I feel very energetic. The truth is food contains minerals. Even when you are unbalanced. Eat more of a certain food. Supplements are hard on the stomach and they are ISOLATED. Instead of getting a combination of minerals you get one mineral in high amounts.

5. Heavy lifting

I think medium-heavy lifting helped me stay motivated. I had something to look forward to. When I stopped lifting for a while after I got sick I felt worse. When I started lifting I got the motivation again to get better and go after it. Do not overdo it too much. Too much and you will have the opposite effect. Cardio also helped a lot. I did this at the end but I think it got my engine running. I am still doing cardio (10-30 minutes, depends).

6. Extra information

I drank a lot of tomato juice (natural 5ARI + potassium source) in the beginning. I had some good days when I did this. I also took R-Andro for 1 day to test it out. I felt good that day but decided not to take hormones again.

I quit caffeine in the recovery. This helped a lot with racing thoughts, libido and gut issues. My libido is higher off caffeine. And my energy levels are high consistently. As long as I stay active and eat good.

For the rest I kept/keep it simple. No alcohol. NoFap. Clean diet. No gluten. No drugs. Cold showers everyday. Early sleep schedule. Wake up early.

I would be wary of fasting when you are in a bad position. I would do betaine HCl protocol with quality protein, fats, carbs and spinach first. Especially if you are already skinny or in a bad mental state.

7. About Big Pharma

Big pharma is a hydra. A self sustaining machine that does not give a FUCK if you live or die. “As long as the cash rolls in we are good.” I do not hate capitalism but this is a weakness of this system. Everybody is welcome as long as they pay money. You see it in ALL aspects not just medical care.

It is useless to get angry at those companies. They are machines. Fix yourself. Focus on that and learn the lesson in this. Do not trust big pharma. Do not trust doctors. When you get better focus on a natural diet and life. Doctors never helped me with big health/mental problems. It was always myself that fixed me.

It is great that something like Hackstasis exists. I am very grateful that people like gbolduev exist. Even if it is just to give hope. To give something that you can try. Sometimes that is all you need. Also of course all the other PFS, PSSD and PAS guys on this forums.

8. End note

I did not feel good all the time. You gotta ride the waves. I felt really low on some days but it is always darkest just before the dawn.

I am confident that I am fixed 100% soon.

I will let you know when I am at that point.

TubZy

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Birthday post:

I promised I would write this. This is what I did. I will tell with each protocol/thing what helped me the most. This is subjective of course. I cannot look in my body and see what actually helped the most. I would say I am 80% fixed.

What is fixed:

- Anxiety/stress 24/7
- Depression
- Psoriasis: just a very small spot on my arm instead of both my arms full with psoriasis
- Erections
- Libido
- No POIS type symptoms after wet dream/orgasm
- Motivation
- Face is not bloated anymore
- Confidence

What is not yet fixed:

- Sometimes pain in pelvic region after having a boner for a while. I think this is caused by muscle weakness since I did not have this many/hard boners for a long time.

- In the morning my gut is more bloated. This goes away as the day goes on. I eat a good amount of food though so this could be the cause. I might take betaine HCl + electrolytes again for a while to help fix it.

1. L-cysteine + L-histidine

L-cysteine seemed to have an anti-depressant effect on me but it did not increase my libido. L-histidine seemed to increase penis sensitivity while taking it. Both together they had a mild effect. Did not feel like it helped a lot. But I remember having some good days on it.

2. Zinc Finger (Copper + Magnesium + Potassium)

Copper had a big effect on me. I went from no emotions to feeling emotions again. The magnesium and potassium were added to keep metabolism normal. I also took copper + potassium only because magnesium made me tired. I did have side effects from copper. I did not sleep well while taking it and had some weird shocks through my body when I would wake up. In general I felt a bit high estrogen/overly emotional.

3. Betaine HCl + amino acids + electrolytes (+ Vitamin B Complex later)

This fixed my gut while taking it. And I think it helped me digest proteins. I did two runs of 1 week. I got leaner when I took this. It helped physically I think. My body started to look stronger instead of soft. While taking betaine HCl I ate a lot of red meat, spinach, eggs, chicken and some basmati rice.

The second time (few weeks later) I did betaine HCl again + I added in Vitamin B Complex. It did make me a bit jittery but my libido increased. Maybe it lowered my prolactin.

If you take betaine HCl make sure you take enough electrolytes (magnesium chloride + potassium chloride) with it. I think I did not take enough because I was lethargic all the time.

4. EllaOne (5mg ED for 5 days)

Ella was the thing that I think got me out of PFS state (high anxiety + stress). I had a lot of energy while on it. Although I do think it increases estrogen while taking it. I remember being emotional while on it and one week after. Like listening to a shitty pop song on the radio and getting teary eyed.

I got the flu at day 5 of Ella and it lasted for 9 days. After that I gradually got better. I was not immediately better after taking Ella. But I felt something change from that moment.

5. Diet

I think my diet helped a lot. I do not underestimate the power of quality food. I ate/eat a lot of red meat, chicken, (raw) eggs, basmati rice (main carb), spinach, sometimes broccoli and white potatoes. In the beginning I ate not so many carbs. I ramped it up through out the weeks. But I also increased my activity levels to compensate with the increase of carbs.

I did a short fast of 34 hours. Before that I did intermittent fasting some days. Not a lot.

I think supplements are not good. They always have an extreme effect. While food is more balanced. I am eating the same diet now. No supplements. I feel very energetic. The truth is food contains minerals. Even when you are unbalanced. Eat more of a certain food. Supplements are hard on the stomach and they are ISOLATED. Instead of getting a combination of minerals you get one mineral in high amounts.

5. Heavy lifting

I think medium-heavy lifting helped me stay motivated. I had something to look forward to. When I stopped lifting for a while after I got sick I felt worse. When I started lifting I got the motivation again to get better and go after it. Do not overdo it too much. Too much and you will have the opposite effect. Cardio also helped a lot. I did this at the end but I think it got my engine running. I am still doing cardio (10-30 minutes, depends).

6. Extra information

I drank a lot of tomato juice (natural 5ARI + potassium source) in the beginning. I had some good days when I did this. I also took R-Andro for 1 day to test it out. I felt good that day but decided not to take hormones again.

I quit caffeine in the recovery. This helped a lot with racing thoughts, libido and gut issues. My libido is higher off caffeine. And my energy levels are high consistently. As long as I stay active and eat good.

For the rest I kept/keep it simple. No alcohol. NoFap. Clean diet. No gluten. No drugs. Cold showers everyday. Early sleep schedule. Wake up early.

I would be wary of fasting when you are in a bad position. I would do betaine HCl protocol with quality protein, fats, carbs and spinach first. Especially if you are already skinny or in a bad mental state.

7. About Big Pharma

Big pharma is a hydra. A self sustaining machine that does not give a FUCK if you live or die. “As long as the cash rolls in we are good.” I do not hate capitalism but this is a weakness of this system. Everybody is welcome as long as they pay money. You see it in ALL aspects not just medical care.

It is useless to get angry at those companies. They are machines. Fix yourself. Focus on that and learn the lesson in this. Do not trust big pharma. Do not trust doctors. When you get better focus on a natural diet and life. Doctors never helped me with big health/mental problems. It was always myself that fixed me.

It is great that something like Hackstasis exists. I am very grateful that people like gbolduev exist. Even if it is just to give hope. To give something that you can try. Sometimes that is all you need. Also of course all the other PFS, PSSD and PAS guys on this forums.

8. End note

I did not feel good all the time. You gotta ride the waves. I felt really low on some days but it is always darkest just before the dawn.

I am confident that I am fixed 100% soon.

I will let you know when I am at that point.
Thank you that was probably one of the most organized and detailed log posts I've seen -excellent news as well my man