RU + Progesterone Cycle

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
underworld
@bruschi11 Yes, it is 200mg.
But 10-20mg are prescribed in some countries.
Same with Ulipristal (Ellaone -30mg), where some are prescribed Fibristal (5mg), for fibroids, etc.

Last edited:

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
I'll write up of what I've done over the next two days in terms of this experiment. Tonight is even better possibly. Fasted- usually libido fades during my 35 hour fasts, but its just as strong as last two days.

The sensitivity is crazy. 90% plus in all aspects sexually i'd say. Maybe erections 80%, libido 95% or even higher I don't know man!

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
NL
Great to read this progress guys. Whats the theory of blocking cortisol? I get the progesterone part but cortisol-libido link is less clear to me.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Still holding on if not getting better. L-dopa is some strong stuff. Tapering off that is going to be the hard part.

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
I'll write up of what I've done over the next two days in terms of this experiment. Tonight is even better possibly. Fasted- usually libido fades during my 35 hour fasts, but its just as strong as last two days.

The sensitivity is crazy. 90% plus in all aspects sexually i'd say. Maybe erections 80%, libido 95% or even higher I don't know man!
y yes
Still holding on if not getting better. L-dopa is some strong stuff. Tapering off that is going to be the hard part.
Im starting L dopa tomorrow.
Saw your post about fasting. I started fasting yesterday so I’m at 24 hrs and feeling pretty good! I’d say I got a descent bounce back last Thursday and have been fluctuating at about 65-70%. Not bad.
Is there a point in the protocol you believe the fast is more benifcial? I’ve never tried doing it before.
I added the betain as you suggested. I’m also taking NADH ( reduced nicotinamide).

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Great to read this progress guys. Whats the theory of blocking cortisol? I get the progesterone part but cortisol-libido link is less clear to me.
Cortisol/libido I'm really not thinking of much to be honest. Blocking cortisol makes cortisol come back stronger which allows the body to detoxify itself better, digest food, make you feel better etc. Which I guess in the long run will help libido.

RU/Prog was run with the idea that there would be synergy between the two. I'm not sure of the exact science, but we want to desensitize progesterone receptors to progesterone while increasing sensitivity to DHT.

I just feel like I have something in my brain that got reconnected the last few days leading to an intense feeling in my prostate area which leads to this feeling of libido throughout my whole body. It's incredible.

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
NL
Cortisol/libido I'm really not thinking of much to be honest. Blocking cortisol makes cortisol come back stronger which allows the body to detoxify itself better, digest food, make you feel better etc. Which I guess in the long run will help libido.

RU/Prog was run with the idea that there would be synergy between the two. I'm not sure of the exact science, but we want to desensitize progesterone receptors to progesterone while increasing sensitivity to DHT.

I just feel like I have something in my brain that got reconnected the last few days leading to an intense feeling in my prostate area which leads to this feeling of libido throughout my whole body. It's incredible.
Sounds great man, really. I was asking because there was a similar discussion on the pasd forum with levonorgestrel, which is a full Prog antagonist. Id expect the same effect as with RU.
What i find strange is that some people felt better on RU, but id expect to feel worse when you fully block prog. Might hop on the prog train soon too

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
y yes

Im starting L dopa tomorrow.
Saw your post about fasting. I started fasting yesterday so I’m at 24 hrs and feeling pretty good! I’d say I got a descent bounce back last Thursday and have been fluctuating at about 65-70%. Not bad.
Is there a point in the protocol you believe the fast is more benifcial? I’ve never tried doing it before.
I added the betain as you suggested. I’m also taking NADH ( reduced nicotinamide).
I've been fasting once a week for 24- 36 hours normally the past 4 months or so once a week. I don't know, was kind of worried about doing it during this run but it seemed to

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
I'm 7 days off topical progesterone ( did two cycles) and 6 days out from small dose of Ella 10mg and I continue to feel much better than base line. I had a set back about one week ago for a couple days and I thought this was from several pain pills from a minor surgery a few days prior. For the past 5-6 days I continue to feel good, and for the past 6 six weeks I've felt the benefit, at times pre PFS. Definitely above my base line. I'd say maybe 70-80% vs 20-40% at the start of March. Time will tell but I continue to believe in the benefits of topical progesterone and I think RU/Ella combination fits with this protocol. I also did a 36 hour fast two days ago and felt the boost! I strongly suggest others consider this protocol.
Good luck!

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
underworld
Wow, that's fast improvement @Jack17, it's another tool to add to resolving this. I'm glad you and @bruschi11 and others have tried this.
I would sooner than later, if I could get my ru. I will in the future.

Last edited:

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Good stuff Jack!

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
underworld
I'm probably going to finish R-Andro/4-Andro and then PCT, and then take ru486 solo... hopefully getting me from 50%+ to like 70% with snapback...
and maybe cycle both again (maybe a low dose of R-andro and 4-andro longer), so that I am like 75-80% and then try ru+prog...

@Jack17, Does this make sense? And then use ARL for finishing touches... and keep up spinach/greens + protein + digestive enzymes with every meal (sometimes betaine HCl). I'm not doing it all rite now as I'm still on Andro cycle, and needed to try some psyche-stack things.
-I mean I intend on using the rec'd supplements from ARL later on. I don't want to take like 8-15 different things all at once of course.
-And I would run ru solo and then later ru+prog solo.

-Re: Controlling for prolactin:
-Does this mean having things like Caber or Prami on hand (for ru486 cycles)?

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
I'm probably going to finish R-Andro/4-Andro and then PCT, and then take ru486 solo... hopefully getting me from 50%+ to like 70% with snapback...
and maybe cycle both again (maybe a low dose of R-andro and 4-andro longer), so that I am like 75-80% and then try ru+prog...

@Jack17, Does this make sense? And then use ARL for finishing touches... and keep up spinach/greens + protein + digestive enzymes with every meal (sometimes betaine HCl). I'm not doing it all rite now as I'm still on Andro cycle, and needed to try some psyche-stack things.

-Re: Controlling for prolactin:
-Does this mean having things like Caber or Prami on hand (for ru486 cycles)?
Yes, makes sens to me...I'm not as familiar with Randro/4-Andro but I've read some good results. I feel there is something about using progesterone for the cure (but I could totally be off base.) I think RU/Ella is part of this. I think this board has shown so many more guys benefitting from these different protocols. I know we can work together to nail this down. The other boards are so depressing. Aside from Light at the end and his group, success stories are too few and far between if you know what I mean. I am also using Nicotinamide, starting L Dopa tonight per bruschi11 because I want to stop Selegiline ( to control prolactin which I don't think is that important now that I am off progesterone) and I stopped other supplement copper LCysteine and others just to take a break from that and to be honest never felt much from it. I think fasting gives you a boost.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
underworld
Yes @Jack17, the other boards are beyond depressing (but they did keep me off finasteride for like 4 years of hairloss). My hair loss is mostly medication - caused, so I should have never taken it in the first place, but my judgement was weakened, and then even more weakened while on finasteride. Usually I'm hypervigilant all the time, and anything that makes me kind of messed up, I would be able to tell (like a tiny bit of marijuana usually does, or certain liquors).

After contracting PFS, and then going to those other places... yeah it's terror. And it's almost like they don't want anyone to get better (not everyone, but probably a select group of people). A vocal minority that jeopardize total health for a lot of people. I definitely tried some of the other protocols but not the whole thing, but did try 2 pills of ella and used the previous simplified electrolyte protocol most of the last 2 months and during snapback phase. I'd do the same or close enough (or ARL diet recs) post ru. I should have 100's of dollars worth of ru here already, but customs or someone messed it up.

I have 1 more ella pill and could restock, but I think ru486 is preferred as it will affect levels of cortisol and progesterone and sensitivity to both.
I tried various doctors, other sources, dealers I know, friends who have connections, etc. Worst case I'll use another site, but the same site gets it to Europe super fast and probably the states too. Canada is very restricted for some things. For all I know UK customs destroyed my first ru package.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
@Chapman feeling anything from Ella/prog? Wouldn’t be dumb to try that @MNK99 .

Man when I get healthy this is my plan if I still have pfs. I hope I don’t, I hope I’m 100% but I’m starting to think this is going to fade with my other health issues being present.

Libido was good today but it just crashes when I get fatigued. And I’m getting fatigued really badly lately, waking up horrible every morning. With good wood tho lol I am happy about that these morning lately.

I’ve never been able to have this much motivation to get healthy. Libido was sooooo strong this past weekend like uncomfortable. I was overly excited like 120% but it is now back to about 70-80% libido during day when not fatigued and 20% or so when fatigue is present. This is day 8 post prog.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
underworld
@bruschi11, Ella+Prog is a decent idea too you think? I can definitely acquire that easier and a fair bit cheaper.

I think so too, I just wanted to continue lowering cortisol also. That can be done with exercise and stuff... Squats, Deadlifts, Chin-ups maybe (big movement exercises), some other stuff... supposedly. But exercising off cortisol would take way longer than ru486 or extended water fasting. The sooner I get to 70-80%, the sooner I can take care of everything else too. If I need to do it for work (grinding, temporary, writing jobs, online paid monetized blogs) or something more substantial (tbd, and is there -- but I can't very well go in there at 50-70%, need my A-game bc there will be pressure), then I will consider Ella+prog as a secondary option @bruschi11. You're innovating here man. So far nothing (ella, fasting, simple electrolyte protocol, randro, 4andro, etc) has made me permanently worse or "crash", so I think I'd be fine. But I'd wait on it, and prefer ru, ru+prog.... ella didn't hurt me tho, and I saw glimpses (windows) of myself. I do more now, more regularly, even more than half the time, but it's still a mission keeping things together and feeling and being "certain" that it's good.

Last edited:

Chapman

Feb 14, 2018
U.K.
@bruschi11 @Jack17 I feel ella is out of my system now but I definitely had increased libido during the 2-3 weeks post it, random boners etc, unfortunately it seems like its faded now. I took 1mg of biovea prog on Saturday (I have no idea how many millilitres that is lol??) but didn't feel any effects. My sleep the last 3 nights has been horrible really bad insomnia, I doubt the prog caused it but not sure. Could it be prolactin? I'm not sure whether to do a full 'light at the end cycle' or not, any thoughts lads? Insomnia is just really fucking me at the moment!

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
@bruschi11 @Jack17 I feel ella is out of my system now but I definitely had increased libido during the 2-3 weeks post it, random boners etc, unfortunately it seems like its faded now. I took 1mg of biovea prog on Saturday (I have no idea how many millilitres that is lol??) but didn't feel any effects. My sleep the last 3 nights has been horrible really bad insomnia, I doubt the prog caused it but not sure. Could it be prolactin? I'm not sure whether to do a full 'light at the end cycle' or not, any thoughts lads? Insomnia is just really fucking me at the moment!
I think you have to be on something to control prolactin. I started L dopa yesterday. Hopefully the progesterone isn’t the cause of ur insomnia. I’ve had a couple bad nights but nothing more than I normally have. I did RU 6 weeks ago ( aside from small dose of Ella last week) and I’m still much higher from baseline. But I don’t want it to fade, I like you said and I think the light protocol has merit. Meaning I am thinking we should be repeating progesterone cycles +/- RU.