RU + Progesterone Cycle

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
i am not taking ru everyday. i take it EOD and now i barely need it at all since the trib has alomst the exact same effects.

im not taking progesterone at all since my own prog is enough to compete with at such small doses.

i get the dose that small by crushing the pill to a powder and using a micro scoop to put 3 scant amounts into an empty capsule

Okay.... I think I’ll try small dose and start trib daily. I Haven’t been doing that. I didn’t know trib was similar to RU. Do you take anything for prolactin?

IHateFin

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Arizona
Okay.... I think I’ll try small dose and start trib daily. I Haven’t been doing that. I didn’t know trib was similar to RU. Do you take anything for prolactin?

well they are both anti progesterones with ru of course being the much stronger pharma version haha i think the ru also or the licorice made the trib amplified cuz i also have taken trib alone and the effects were good but not this good

i do not take anything for prolactin as the doses of ru i had taken for 2 weeks EOD did not give any prolactin sides. the prolactin sides are solely due to the antiandrogen effect of the drug. 2.5mg does not build up enough especially taken EOD to have any antiandrogenic affects.
ru specifically blocks androgens abilities to lower prolactin so thats where the build up comes from

IHateFin

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Arizona
at the moment i finished a 2 week cycle of high dose trib and ru EOD at 2.5mg with licorice once every 5 days. i took 5 days off all of it and had such a blessing of a week. yesterday i took high dose trib and thursday was licorice root. i polan on taking hiogh dose trib again today and continuing ru tomorrow. so basically im going back "on cycle"

its still early on, but it seems a promising cycle

Last edited:

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
underworld
How much will this medherb stuff cost per year? $600-1200 USD?
I'm just planning future stuff and any likely contingencies.

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
Update:
Day 5 on Progesterone. Mood good. Morning wood good. ED 80% normal. Libido 60%. Overall feeling benefit. It's times like this when you think you can resolve this nightmare mystery. IHateFin got me thinking about progesterone dosing so I went back through Propeciahelp to look at Light and others experience. I was surprised to see that Light was actually dosing progesterone every other day and at 5mg. I thought he was just doing 14 day progesterone and 4 days off but I think that was just right at the beginning. And I think previously I was using way too much progesterone. I'm considering changing my dosing to every other day and add in a very small dose of RU every week, and adding Tribulus higher doses. I'd be interested in thoughts about this change.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
I like where you're heads at man. Yea I'd keep prog low. I was doing just 1mg daily at the end just to not disrupt circadian rhythm and try to keep things constant. But I remember "elb" who healed himself this way wrote he'd do 1mg some days 5 mg other on the 14 on 4 off program.

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
Update: Day #7 on Progesterone. Since Monday I've been doing very small doses of Progesterone topically est 1-2mg. I started Trib 2 tabs a day since Monday recommended by IHateFin ( though I think at much higher doses). I've been feeling good. Normal cognition. Libido 60-70%. Not prefin but not terrible and if it could stay like this I would be okay. ED is at maybe 80% normal. So pretty much I I could stay like this, it would be a tremendous relief. I'm thinking about changing to progesterone topically 1-2mg every other day and continue Trib and consider adding very low dose RU, but no need to now. I'm happy with progress.

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
Update: Stopped Progesterone 1mg topically last Friday. Took 3 days off. Yesterday took Ru low dose est 5-10mg( hard to est as original pill is 200mg) and restarted topical progesterone today ( low dose 1-2mg). Over all I feel like I continue to make progress. Took 1/4 tab of Cab yesterday with RU to control prolactin. I am satisfied with the progress/results so far.