RU + Progesterone Cycle

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
I think you have to be on something to control prolactin. I started L dopa yesterday. Hopefully the progesterone isn’t the cause of ur insomnia. I’ve had a couple bad nights but nothing more than I normally have. I did RU 6 weeks ago ( aside from small dose of Ella last week) and I’m still much higher from baseline. But I don’t want it to fade, I like you said and I think the light protocol has merit. Meaning I am thinking we should be repeating progesterone cycles +/- RU.
You guys should keep doing it. My second prog cycle after RU- the bounce back was pretty incredible. I wonder what 3rd, and 4th would bring.

If it were me I’d make that first cycle for like 7 days, then 4 off, then move to a 4 on, 4 off cycling and see if u can build on baseline each time u stop. My second stop was wow.

L-dopa- 1 capsule at night before bed I think mine was 600mg.

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
You guys should keep doing it. My second prog cycle after RU- the bounce back was pretty incredible. I wonder what 3rd, and 4th would bring.

If it were me I’d make that first cycle for like 7 days, then 4 off, then move to a 4 on, 4 off cycling and see if u can build on baseline each time u stop. My second stop was wow.

L-dopa- 1 capsule at night before bed I think mine was 600mg.
How much RU did you take for how long? I think I took 10mg per day for three days then started progesterone 6 days later. In my mind this may reset or prime the receptors ( again only a theory and could be way off base here). I felt great on progesterone the first cycle. Took 7 days off and did NOT take RU then restarted progesterone low dose for six days.

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
NL
I think you have to be on something to control prolactin. I started L dopa yesterday. Hopefully the progesterone isn’t the cause of ur insomnia. I’ve had a couple bad nights but nothing more than I normally have. I did RU 6 weeks ago ( aside from small dose of Ella last week) and I’m still much higher from baseline. But I don’t want it to fade, I like you said and I think the light protocol has merit. Meaning I am thinking we should be repeating progesterone cycles +/- RU.
I noticed you have been taking selegiline, how do you feel on it in terms of energy and mood? It seems quite an effective antidepressant, but still has some diet restrictions which is the main reason GP's dont prescribe it.

health

Oct 27, 2017
@bruschi11 do you know if its possible to use prog pills instead of cream. I am.not able to obtain cream here
I had the same concern. What @bruschi11 told me was to go for a protocol as similar to his, as possible. We don't really know what differences may occur, so it's best to keep it as consistent (person to person) as possible.

What's the problem in obtaining liquid prog?

Niles

Jan 25, 2018
New Jersey, USA
@bruschi11 do you know if its possible to use prog pills instead of cream. I am.not able to obtain cream here
The issue with prog pills is that oral prog can stay in your system via storage in fat. It's unclear how much of a difference this would make, but I think that the theory so far is that the acute fluctuations in prog levels are necessary for the protocol to work, and that any residual prog during "off" cycle period could affect results.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Yea I think we want cream here.

But I’m sure you can create a solution. Just drop a prog pill in water and go by MG from that. Try to use 1-5mg if that is possible.

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
I noticed you have been taking selegiline, how do you feel on it in terms of energy and mood? It seems quite an effective antidepressant, but still has some diet restrictions which is the main reason GP's dont prescribe it.
I use it intermittently. I think it's a good medication and I don't think at the diet is an issue with the doses that we use. It gives you a slight lift and there is some theoretical benefit from growth hormone and has some antiaging properties. It's marketed as a Parkinson's drug.

Lost

Dec 21, 2017
India
Would you guys say making a solution and then dropping the required mg onto the skin will work? Some creams I saw have liposomal delivery, which might mean that simple solution in water may not work, what do you guys think?

Niles

Jan 25, 2018
New Jersey, USA
Would you guys say making a solution and then dropping the required mg onto the skin will work? Some creams I saw have liposomal delivery, which might mean that simple solution in water may not work, what do you guys think?
Yeah, you'd need something to help penetrate the skin... Problem is, with pills you'll have a lot of fillers/binders in there that you probably don't want to mix in with something like DMSO for topical administration. That's a tough one :/

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
RU update:
Started second round of RU on Friday. I also took 1/2 tab of Caber. Saturday was great. 100% normal. Drop on Sunday but bounce back up again with 1/4 Caber. I had no real benefit during RU the first run and it was the progesterone afterward that was so successful. So I think the Caber ( or something to really control Prolactin) is very important. I was using Selegiline to do that but I don't think it is strong enough to counter the effects of RU. I think this might vary between individuals. Specifically, I think some taking RU might not be controlling Prolactin aggressively enough. If not, I think your benefit may be limited. The bounce back may be just the Prolactin going back down/normalizing. The repeated cycles of RU may require even more aggressive control and this may be the cause of the diminishing benefit, maybe IMO. This is just a thought.

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
Update:
Started Progesterone three days ago. 10mg first two days and 5mg today. I was looking at my notes and I started feeling a benefit at the third day last time and this morning had normal morning wood. Libido still not normal yet. I definitely feel good mentally. Normal thinking.. No brain fog.

Oct 15, 2017
I just got my RU in the mail. I also have Progesterone and Caber.

This will be my first round. I of course realize everyone is unique....but those with experience, I would very much appreciate hearing recommendations for best plan of attack.

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
I just got my RU in the mail. I also have Progesterone and Caber.

This will be my first round. I of course realize everyone is unique....but those with experience, I would very much appreciate hearing recommendations for best plan of attack.
I would start with Ru 25mg a day for 3 days and take half caber on 1 and 3rd day. I would then wait four days and then start progesterone.

IHateFin

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Arizona
hey, guys! im starting to think microdose ru @ ~2.5mg may be just as good if not better than 25 to 50mg ru plus progesterone.

ru needs prog to be present to be an antiprogesterone so if taken at high doses our low male levels of prog (high for a male, yes, but low in comparison to females which is the gender this drug is intended for) may metabolize out of the body while ru is still present and wouldnt be enough to compete with ru and may just end up agonizing the receptors. plus ru is an antiandrogen, a weak one, yes but nonetheless. it has 5 times less affinity for the androgen receptor than testosterone but keeping concentrations of the drug as low as possible is always best when dealing with something that can block androgens.

when the dose is taken at 2.5mg its enough to completly block prog in a male and still keep our levels stable enough to have prog to compete with and heavily reducing antiandrogen effects.
pairing it with tribulous mega dose ED and once a week licorice to amplify trib affects and retain sodium to make estrogen sensitive could potentially be a good protocol to try. i am currently on it rn and i had the best week of my life since fin destroyed me yet. its too soon to really claim anything too much yet, but the science on why it would work is there i just gotta make sure it works in application.

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
hey, guys! im starting to think microdose ru @ ~2.5mg may be just as good if not better than 25 to 50mg ru plus progesterone.

ru needs prog to be present to be an antiprogesterone so if taken at high doses our low male levels of prog (high for a male, yes, but low in comparison to females which is the gender this drug is intended for) may metabolize out of the body while ru is still present and wouldnt be enough to compete with ru and may just end up agonizing the receptors. plus ru is an antiandrogen, a weak one, yes but nonetheless. it has 5 times less affinity for the androgen receptor than testosterone but keeping concentrations of the drug as low as possible is always best when dealing with something that can block androgens.

when the dose is taken at 2.5mg its enough to completly block prog in a male and still keep our levels stable enough to have prog to compete with and heavily reducing antiandrogen effects.
pairing it with tribulous mega dose ED and once a week licorice to amplify trib affects and retain sodium to make estrogen sensitive could potentially be a good protocol to try. i am currently on it rn and i had the best week of my life since fin destroyed me yet. its too soon to really claim anything too much yet, but the science on why it would work is there i just gotta make sure it works in application.
Good idea. Great that you’re experimenting with this. I believe this protocol is very promising but we don’t have it worked out yet. Trial and error is the way we’ll learn. Are you taking ru every day? How are you able to get the dose that small? What dose of progesterone are u using? And are you doing the Light... 14d on then 4 days off?

Jack17

Mar 6, 2018
San Francisco
Update.
Day 4 progesterone 5 mg. Good morning wood again. Libido a Little better than yesterday maybe at 50%. My notes from last time were that I think I was more improved by day 4. Mentally/ mood is good/normal. The sexual side effects are by far my major problem though. My plan was 7-10 days of progesterone then stop for four days. Now thinking about adding a 2.5mg RU for one day while on progesterone to see what happens.

Niles

Jan 25, 2018
New Jersey, USA

Can't wait for your full report on this protocol! I'd also be interested to hear @gbolduev 's take on the mechanisms at play here, and whether or not one might be able to predict whether they'd be a good candidate for this approach based on hair analysis/blood work.

IHateFin

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Arizona
Good idea. Great that you’re experimenting with this. I believe this protocol is very promising but we don’t have it worked out yet. Trial and error is the way we’ll learn. Are you taking ru every day? How are you able to get the dose that small? What dose of progesterone are u using? And are you doing the Light... 14d on then 4 days off?
i am not taking ru everyday. i take it EOD and now i barely need it at all since the trib has alomst the exact same effects.

im not taking progesterone at all since my own prog is enough to compete with at such small doses.

i get the dose that small by crushing the pill to a powder and using a micro scoop to put 3 scant amounts into an empty capsule