Raven Log

raven

Oct 22, 2017
London, UK
5 day update, brain fog still good. Today erections and orgasms were the best they've been this month, its nothing I haven't seen already and I'm still way off my high water mark of about six months ago, so can't attribute this to my protocol yet. Libido still non existent and emotions still very blunted. Have been pretty fatigued this week too so cant say energy has improved. Excited to add electrolytes to the protocol and I also have a lot of room for improvement with diet and exercise because I have exams coming up and so have been slacking a bit.

Oct 17, 2017
Hi Raven. Great to see you are seeing some.improvements. Would you be able to clarify exactly what you are taking? I'm PSSD as well, have awful brain fog, emotional numbing, and all the classic sexual sides as well as bad fatigue from sugar so would be helpful to know! Thanks

raven

Oct 22, 2017
London, UK
Hey @Sam90 you sound very similar to me then. Right now I'm just taking Betaine HCL and Essential Amino Acids (I also have been taking omega 3 for the past 6 months), I was taking digestive enzymes but I don't think they suit me so I stopped. I'm hoping to incorporate other aspects of the electrolyte protocol into my routine in the coming weeks.

Oct 17, 2017
Thanks Raven, I'll look out for your updates, wishing you luck. I'm sorting out my hair test then will jump on a similar protocol

raven

Oct 22, 2017
London, UK
7 day update: Orgasm and erection were pretty good again, orgasm definitely the best it's been since Summer, and even then it was only this good once or twice. This is off the back of 4 months of absolute nothingness, so things are changing which is great. I don't want to get too excited until things are above and beyond how they were last Summer, because I wasn't taking anything then yet still had better emotional numbness, libido, erection and genital anaesthesia than I do right now. Still I'm feeling very optimistic, and I still have my electrolytes to add.

Brain Fog isn't the best right now, it's 1am here so I haven't taken the Betaine Hcl since my 7pm meal, I notice that in the night if I wake up at 4, 5am my brain fog is bad. Maybe I need to take a pill before bed?

raven

Oct 22, 2017
London, UK
9 day update: Was a worse day in terms of sexual sides and brain fog, think this might have been triggered by a meal heavy in garlic the night before, garlic just doesn't suit me. Got my electrolytes so will start taking them with food from tomorrow.

raven

Oct 22, 2017
London, UK
18 day update: Seem to have returned to baseline unfortunately, been feeling quite frustrated about PSSD and the emotional numbing recently, like I did in the first year of having it.

raven

Oct 22, 2017
London, UK
Update: Fatigue has completely disappeared over the last week or so, no idea why. Sexual sides were absolutely terrible yesterday, couldn't get an erection even after 10 minutes of manual stimulation which is just atrocious for me

wuf

Oct 4, 2017
Update: Fatigue has completely disappeared over the last week or so, no idea why. Sexual sides were absolutely terrible yesterday, couldn't get an erection even after 10 minutes of manual stimulation which is just atrocious for me
It sucks, but I read you are having a roller coaster about erection's quality, so I would try to see the positive ups instead of the negative downs. Your system just need to build up again by time.

raven

Oct 22, 2017
London, UK
@Nina It's actually got a lot worse due to exams, burgers, pizza etc. I have a feeling the fatigue could be from kind of sodium deficiency which I'm no longer suffering from now that I've been eating all this salty food.

raven

Oct 22, 2017
London, UK
Well thats something to improve.
Sure but I've had very clean diets for months on end and been extremely fatigued with poor symptoms, so right now I'm happy getting through the next few months without tinkering too much.

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Sure but I've had very clean diets for months on end and been extremely fatigued with poor symptoms, so right now I'm happy getting through the next few months without tinkering too much.
Hey, can you do a short recap of everything you have done thus far?

raven

Oct 22, 2017
London, UK
Hey, can you do a short recap of everything you have done thus far?
Sure, I got PSSD in 2016 after one month on Sertraline. For much of 2016 I was pretty inactive, it was mostly about getting functional again and I didn't do anything systematic for my health.

2017: I trialled very safe supplements, e.g. omega 3, vitamin C, Saffron, Multivitamin. Also revamped by diet and exercise routine. In the summer I had periods where I was actually having sexual fantasies again, libido 4-5/10, emotional blunting 4-5/10, Erections, Orgasms, Anaesthesia all reached 9-10/10 at times. These very positive windows petered out in September and I started getting a bit more fatigued in November.

2018: I did the CDNuts herb cycle for a month (January) was getting quite a bit of fatigue and no benefits. In February I started taking Betaine Hcl and Amino Acids (The Digestive Enzymes didn't suit me), and have added Potassium Chloride quite recently

mattyb

Oct 5, 2017
It's the combo of potassium and sodium that has you feeling better. Specifically in the order of potassium first, sodium second. Body can't hold sodium without first holding potassium, otherwise BP homeostasis is threatened. If the absence of fatigue sticks, I have a feeling once you go back to a salt heavier but healthy diet + exercise, I imagine the other symptoms will improve as well. I think if you add in foods like beet juice, pomegranate, watermelon, celery, and lots of leafy greens it will help with libido even more, but you should only stay on the beets/pomegranate/watermelon for about 1-2 weeks at a time, cycling on and off every as needed. This will get NO up and get blood flowing easier, which will help with sexual sides. If you practice kegels on top of that all, I think it could be of benefit too.

wuf

Oct 4, 2017
Sure, I got PSSD in 2016 after one month on Sertraline. For much of 2016 I was pretty inactive, it was mostly about getting functional again and I didn't do anything systematic for my health.

2017: I trialled very safe supplements, e.g. omega 3, vitamin C, Saffron, Multivitamin. Also revamped by diet and exercise routine. In the summer I had periods where I was actually having sexual fantasies again, libido 4-5/10, emotional blunting 4-5/10, Erections, Orgasms, Anaesthesia all reached 9-10/10 at times. These very positive windows petered out in September and I started getting a bit more fatigued in November.

2018: I did the CDNuts herb cycle for a month (January) was getting quite a bit of fatigue and no benefits. In February I started taking Betaine Hcl and Amino Acids (The Digestive Enzymes didn't suit me), and have added Potassium Chloride quite recently
How much potassium chloride did you add in?

Area-1255

Staff member
Oct 13, 2017
NYC
www.area1255.blogspot.com
WEBSITE
http://www.area1255.blogspot.com
FACEBOOK
prodigial.7
TWITTER
Area1255
YOUTUBE
UCzRcjEHSwnZEIAoSCULS4fQ
GOOGLEPLUS
JayZinDeRusso

That's crazy! Setraline is normally one of the less reported 'problematic' SSRI's in terms of PSSD. Along with Lexapro (Escitalopram). Its usually Prozac, Luvox and Paxil that are the most notorious for causing PSSD! Have you tried Icariin - the high percentage good stuff? Might be worth a try along with Berberine that was a part of my "PSSD Cure Protocol".

raven

Oct 22, 2017
London, UK
That's crazy! Setraline is normally one of the less reported 'problematic' SSRI's in terms of PSSD. Along with Lexapro (Escitalopram). Its usually Prozac, Luvox and Paxil that are the most notorious for causing PSSD! Have you tried Icariin - the high percentage good stuff? Might be worth a try along with Berberine that was a part of my "PSSD Cure Protocol".
@Area-1255
Where did you get that from? I'm not doubting you, because Escitalopram and Sertraline are both prescribed more than the others (I think) nowadays, but on a PSSD poll these were the results:
PSSD Collaborative Research • View topic - What is the SSRI that caused your PSSD?

I haven't tried either of those things yet. I'm currently just doing the Electrolyte protocol with no plans to trial anything else but will do a bit of reading on them