Raincoast Log (PFS/CFS) *Recovery*

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
Dayumn that copper. I suspect gbolduev would say to fast and swim in the ocean. Eat seafood and veggies.

Id not recommend fasting if your body fat is under 10% or falls under it during a fast.

Raincoast

Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Hi,
Just wondering if my protocol of,
Magnesium carbonate 400mg x2 per day
Potassium 365mg x 1 dose am
Calcium 800mg one dose am
Zinc Pico 30 mg per day
Manganese 10 mg
Boron 3 mg
Moly 100 mcg
Taurine 1.5 g per day
Cysteine 900mg
BCAA's & Collagen throughout day
Fulivic Minerals or Shilajit once per day.
Betaine HCL 1.5g post meal
And finally a small amount of B1,B2,B3,B6,B7
Meeting or exceeding RDA's of everything else. Under 10% Fat intake.
Feeling copper detox symptoms, irritability etc. sometimes.

Objective is to reduce copper. Digestion, energy, and inflammation all greatly improved after 2 months, improvements were almost immediate. Sleep quality continues to improve, as does recovery from exercise.
Stopped Thyroid, Cyproheptadine, Bag Breathing, Aspirin, Preg, Prog, dhea cold turkey and started this protocol (with resveratrol for a month) No hair loss, ever, though my hairdresser said my hair has thickened.
Planning on keeping this up 'til my next hair test in 1 year, too long? Should I omit Vit D completely all winter? How about Iron and in what form? does Shilajit/Fulvic have enough iron?

Appreciate any advice, my hair analysis is posted above

Thanks

aztec

Oct 3, 2017
hackstasis.com
Hi [mention]Raincoast[/mention]! Haha dang I am with [mention]m_arch[/mention] on this one. Your copper level is insanely high! The image appears blurry but all other minerals appear solid and well balanced. Were you taking supplements when you had your hair mineral test done? I am curious if anything you took right before is correlated with your copper spike being so high? Just a thought.

aztec

Oct 3, 2017
hackstasis.com
[mention]Raincoast[/mention] thanks for the clear image. Your values look good. Toxic levels are not an issue but copper is super high. I don’t think I have read your story yet. What are your symptoms? Are you dealing with pfs? When you did you hair test were you taking any supplements?

Raincoast

Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Hi @aztec
I guess I started Peating about 5 years ago. That's when my digestive problems and CFS symptoms really started. I'm in my early forties now. Have always been in good shape, slender build despite doing compound lifts for 20+ years. Grew up vegan from 5-20's. I suspect I was malnourished despite my parents good intentions.
Fears of hairloss led to me crazily taking propecia (had just come out) for some years. Only to be replaced with saw palmetto up until maybe late 30's. So 15 years of that, only to be followed by progesterone since adopting Peat (under 10mg/day). Also started thyroid with Peat.
I had the runs daily for almost 2 years. Tried eliminating everything, no luck. Finally came across Tyw on Peat and decided to try Betaine HCL, this stuff instantly changed my digestion/elimination to 100 predictable/healthy/comfortable. Also started with the cofactors and resveratrol as suggested by gbolduev. Right around the same time submitted my hair sample, so that reflects Thyroid meds, Prog, preg, dhea. The supplements I took at the time were, eggshell calcium, Magnesium, ACE, B's. I had a diet with lots of citrus, fruits, potatoes, beef, honey, coconut manna, no veggies. My blood work was horrific, lipids & triglycerides off the charts, crp elevated.
My health got to the point where by the middle of every week I was coming down with something, or so it felt. Inflammation throughout my body. Could maybe get 1 workout in every couple weeks. Also my lifelong sleep disorder was at it's worst.
My doctor was baffled, and blamed epigenetics and aging.
Anyway, I got my hair results back, and was relieved to at least see what I sort of expected. I don't know what could have caused my copper to be so high. Maybe accumulating it due to hypo ventilating (cyproheptadine/bag breathing?) I also have had PTSD from a major life incident around 30. I am withdrawn, by choice at this point. Perhaps these all contribute?
I'm taking taurine, potassium, zinc, mang, mag, moly, eggshell, betaine hcl after food, and bcaa's. Eating under 1.5mg copper daily. Will cycle resveratrol for a week every month. Eat very low fat, more seafood, potatoes, steamed veggies, some fruit, greek yogurt, eggs, little meat, and gelatin.
Major improvement in all apsects. Still wake every few hours, but getting good rest. Body recovering from workouts.
Never any major sides from all the progestins, except reduced volume perhaps.

aztec

Oct 3, 2017
hackstasis.com
[mention]Raincoast[/mention] thanks for sharing. It sounds like you have acquired lots of life experience so far. As a mental health professional, I can tell you that trauma disrupts the sympathetic nervous system and constantly activates the figh or flight response which correlates with high cortisol and adrenaline. There are so many other chemical reactions that stem from trauma and the body becomes vulnerable due to high stress. Your diet and supplements look solid. You are still young and hopefully you can get back to exercising well again. Do you experience nightmares and constant flashbacks? Do you feel irritable and on edge often? How do you cope with stress?

Oct 11, 2017
I am also 4 lows on hair test, though they have me labeled as fast oxidizer. I've read that can change once you recover from 4 lows, so I could end up as slow oxidizer on re-test. I don't really have anything to contribute as I'm a newbie to hair analysis other than to say that my protocol is somewhat similar to yours and based on the suggestions I received with the test results. I'm re-starting Mag, about 400mg to see how it goes. I drink a small glass of water with 1/8 tsp salt in the mornings with breakfast. Sometimes I'll have another later in the day. I don't seem to crave salt. I'm not supplementing Ca and K at this time; I think I might get enough already and I've read that the mag is supposed to help put them in the cell. Adding in boron, mang, and moly also. Already doing taurine, and my zinc and copper seem good for now without supplementing. I'm taking iron a couple times a week. It's low on blood work and borderline on the hair test. Do you have copper piping where you live? I've read that can contribute to high copper.

If you don't mind sharing, how much thyroid were you taking? Just curious as I also take thyroid and it's interesting that we both have 4 lows. Did you quit the thyroid cold turkey?

namaste

Oct 3, 2017
aztec post_id=4215 time=1510691995 user_id=52 said:
@Raincoast thanks for sharing. It sounds like you have acquired lots of life experience so far. As a mental health professional, I can tell you that trauma disrupts the sympathetic nervous system and constantly activates the figh or flight response which correlates with high cortisol and adrenaline. There are so many other chemical reactions that stem from trauma and the body becomes vulnerable due to high stress. Your diet and supplements look solid. You are still young and hopefully you can get back to exercising well again. Do you experience nightmares and constant flashbacks? Do you feel irritable and on edge often? How do you cope with stress?
This this this! I suffer from complex trauma and beginning somatic experiencing (a type of somatic trauma therapy) has been so important in kick-starting my recovery process. Raincoast, I think it's very important you look into addressing issues with your nervous system, along with all of the other lifestyle changes you have mentioned.

Raincoast

Oct 4, 2017
Canada
I have a history of autoimmune issues going back to childhood asthma, major hayfever. Those problems have since dissapeared. But seem to have been replace by achy joints/digestive problems. An evolution of sorts...Digestion is perfect now, joints also better. Weaning off the Betaine hcl, eating lots of steamed greens, going to try to switch out potatoes for more rice.
My health took it's worst hit during the Peat years, there's no doubt about that. I do retain the gelatin to this day. And the diluted coffee. I think I'm super lucky to have stumbled my way out of the insanity. Felt like death was nearing for a while there.
As for the PTSD stuff. That pretty much is far behind me now. I'm withdrawn, and naturally introverted. But I work in a huge group and interact all day with all kinds of people. Weed/vape, yoga, and music has been the staples of my recharging mentally. When I think back to be being a kid, my nature and traits were always the same, just induced more adrenaline through activity back then. I have just reinforced my ways, would have been an easy forecast I guess.
Thyroid, I did not quit cold turkey. I was never on a total replacement dose, and just suppressed TSH to around 1. Used Haidut's Tyromix/dmso:( , which is in liquid form, so easy to wean off. I do feel colder extremities sometimes. Will get my TSH tested after a few more months.

Raincoast

Oct 4, 2017
Canada
As for copper pipes, I have only ever used reverse osmosis water, for everything except bathing. I do see copper oxide deposits in my tub, and I do take long hot showers, but I think it's my body, not my exposure. Hypoventilation....

Raincoast

Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Electrolytes, Aminos with Betaine HCL, shilajit, and a few other @gbolduev approved substances have rid me of IBS, CFS, symptoms of arthritis in my spine, sleep has improved in a huge way. Nightime/morning wood is back consistently. Health declined after years of Peating. Hair is even thicker now.
Had a terrible flu, very high fever for a week, this was recent. Provided me with another boost taking me from 80% to near 100%. Some kind of reset there?
I was in 4 lows with high copper in September. Started zing/mang for a few months. Then started GHK-with taurine, later adding in a 15/1 zinc copper.
All systems are in good order after 6 months, can't even believe it.
Thanks @gbolduev I guess anything is achievable.
Just in time for spring
R

Aflac94

Oct 10, 2017
United States
Hey I’m in a similar imbalance on hair test. Low K and Na, high Copper and Calcium. I’m in such bad shape with light sleep, faint/weak heartbeat, and muscle wasting I’d really like to follow your exact protocol (with dosages and exact length of time on each supplement)

Did you take GHK as one pill or are you talking individual glycine, histidine, potassium?

What dosages of Zinc/mang in. Beginning?

What dosage of the zinc to copper at the end?

Thanks so much in advance for an outline / details you can give. I just want to feel like myself again

Raincoast

Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Ill try to quickly recap,

Started with taking 30 zinc, 10 manganese nighty on empty stomach.
Also nightly, or more, on empty, 1g lysine, 1g glycine,1g histadine, 1g ascorbic acid, 1g taurine
Wobenzyme before every meal.
Carbs, Protein, steamed spinach & broccoli.
Betaine Hcl after every protein meal 1500mg'ish.
Wait 10, have some electrolytes in chloride form (usp mag chloride flakes on amazon, potassium chloride on iherb), sea salt also.
Have like 200mg/dose of each.
Take a low dose b vitamin every day.
Take selenium and boron daily. Take 200 iu vit D daily.
Egg whites with a couple meals. Whey protein shake once/day
Beef/eggs/seafood and rice/potatoes for din.
Some fruit.
Gelatin in my tea/1 coffee always with some electrolytes.
Let me know if you have questions.
Feeling great after 6 months.