PSSD Following Ashwagandha/Shilajit usage

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
After my horrendous Hydrogen water experience, I had some licorice again this morning after a 2 weeks break.

It is REALLY energising, and definitely good for alertness. But also anxiety-inducing.

It massively improves my muscular strength/pumps though.
Interesting.

So your PSSD? I know very little about PSSD but Helen said that he believes zinc toxicity in the brain is to blame. So when you mentioned in the start of your thread that zinc makes you worse this jumped out at me.

So as was also mentioned in your thread licorice prevents the break down of cortisol resulting in it increasing.

You said you are low cortisol?

If licorice helps you why do you stop cycling it? I noticed you said after a two week break. I’m going to be cycling mine three days on three days off. I notice everyone who talks about licorice never really sticks to a regular cycle for the long term

Energizing but anxiety producing is a good way to explain it. I wonder if there is a similar cause to all of these things PFS, PSSD, PTSD, CFS. When you mentioned energized but anxiety producing it’s almost like we are lacking cortisol so upon taking licorice extract we feel good in certain areas such as energy, alertness response in the gym like we should be feeling but at the same time overly sensitive to the stress hormone causing anxiety. Like a regulation issue. I think Helen is onto something with the CB1 receptor.

Also the point about you having a brief recovery from increasing cortisol and then falling back. I can relate to this as well. I almost recovered the first time I blocked my cortisol and prog receptors with RU. My cortisol levels rose during my recovery and I fell backwards. Almost like this sensitivity/inability to regulate cortisol properly resulted in either my Cortisol and or prog receptors going back to being unbalanced

Last edited:

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Interesting.

So your PSSD? I know very little about PSSD but Helen said that he believes zinc toxicity in the brain is to blame. So when you mentioned in the start of your thread that zinc makes you worse this jumped out at me.

So as was also mentioned in your thread licorice prevents the break down of cortisol resulting in it increasing.

You said you are low cortisol?

If licorice helps you why do you stop cycling it? I noticed you said after a two week break. I’m going to be cycling mine three days on three days off. I notice everyone who talks about licorice never really sticks to a regular cycle for the long term

Energizing but anxiety producing is a good way to explain it. I wonder if there is a similar cause to all of these things PFS, PSSD, PTSD, CFS. When you mentioned energized but anxiety producing it’s almost like we are lacking cortisol so upon taking licorice extract we feel good in certain areas such as energy, alertness response in the gym like we should be feeling but at the same time overly sensitive to the stress hormone causing anxiety. Like a regulation issue. I think Helen is onto something with the CB1 receptor.

Also the point about you having a brief recovery from increasing cortisol and then falling back. I can relate to this as well. I almost recovered the first time I blocked my cortisol and prog receptors with RU. My cortisol levels rose during my recovery and I fell backwards. Almost like this sensitivity/inability to regulate cortisol properly resulted in either my Cortisol and or prog receptors going back to being unbalanced

That is correct, Supplementing zinc is no longer an option for me, my body HATES it. Even though I used to use Zinc for years from 16-22... Most likely reached toxicity now that I look back.

I am indeed low cortisol, had a DUTCH test completed. My total cortisol production was insanely low, although my saliva cortisol pattern was quite good.

CB1 receptor is linked, but I do believe it comes down to 5-HT1A and GR.

Oh wowwww, so the RU gave you a window too? It's fucking annoying for us... I am thinking of trying this product... have you seen it?

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 11.04.14 am.png

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
That is correct, Supplementing zinc is no longer an option for me, my body HATES it. Even though I used to use Zinc for years from 16-22... Most likely reached toxicity now that I look back.

I am indeed low cortisol, had a DUTCH test completed. My total cortisol production was insanely low, although my saliva cortisol pattern was quite good.

CB1 receptor is linked, but I do believe it comes down to 5-HT1A and GR.

Oh wowwww, so the RU gave you a window too? It's fucking annoying for us... I am thinking of trying this product... have you seen it?

View attachment 1791
I just googled it.

“It supports the function of adrenal glands by reducing peptide deficiency in protein synthesis in the cells”

Sounds like it helps the adrenal’s do there thing.

I agree it comes down to GR. Still trying to wrap my head around it. It’s almost like how I feel on licorice extract is how I am suppose to feel without the over sensitivity effect. Not sure if it’s as simple as this meaning my GR’s r over expressed. It’s almost like my ability to “feel” cortisol is under expressed when it comes to certain things but over expressed when it comes to others.

Will be interesting to see what we come up with as we learn more about the CB1 receptor and the connection with how issues with this can effect GR’s

I will have to read up on 5-HT1A to get caught up.

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
I just googled it.

“It supports the function of adrenal glands by reducing peptide deficiency in protein synthesis in the cells”

Sounds like it helps the adrenal’s do there thing.

I agree it comes down to GR. Still trying to wrap my head around it. It’s almost like how I feel on licorice extract is how I am suppose to feel without the over sensitivity effect. Not sure if it’s as simple as this meaning my GR’s r over expressed. It’s almost like my ability to “feel” cortisol is under expressed when it comes to certain things but over expressed when it comes to others.

Will be interesting to see what we come up with as we learn more about the CB1 receptor and the connection with how issues with this can effect GR’s

I will have to read up on 5-HT1A to get caught up.

Yeah I would love to know what @Helen thinks of that adrenal product, made by the smart Russians.

Yeah, I think Licorice has a building effect. See how you go. The anxiety eventually wears off and its consistent energy after that.

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
So I just finished the longest consecutive run with Cyproheptadine. I did about 8 days in a row, of around 1mg per night.

And then it took 4 days AFTER for everything to SURGE back, complete remission of PSSD. Insanely high, that even a thought now can raise it.

Now what's extremely interesting.

My resting heart rate has come up about 4 beats!!!!! DUring this cured phase.

In addition, the most important one.... MY BREATH. My breath, you kow just before you're about to yawn? That quick little huh huh you do just before it... this is something that returns during the window.

And it also feels like I can hold my breathe for longer, and can HOLD pumps when training. What is that allows the blood to engorge the muscle when training? Like I can hold the pressure.

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Just finished watching
Smithereens
Black Mirror episode
(season 5, episode 2)

I COULD FEEL AGAIN... Like the suspense of the movie actually gave me tingles down my spine, which I haven't had in YEARS....

TO feel numb, was the new default for so fkn long.

Even watching this episode, I got 'jumpy' at scenes, whereas usually I react, but there's no FEELING to it. It's like my perception of things has changed?

Maybe the pumps that I am experiencing are actually the same as before, but its my PERCEPTION that is different?

No wonder why I could never actually relax and enjoy anything, I was always wanting to create and build, but never actually smelt the roses, because I truly couldn't FEEL it.

Now, music I can feel again.

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Now my desire to WORK has decreased significantly, and I just want to smell the roses and enjoy life. I am actually seeking out fun activities, instead of being so fkn productive 24/7.

There's like this refreshing uplifted feeling. Like instead their just being resting inner tension, I actually feel blissful at baseline. Whatever this amazing drug does to my brain is literally amazing. It just needs to last longer than 2 weeks... I think the more I use it, the less and less I will need it.

There's actually a distinct vibrational buzz, at the back of my nose/roof of throat that is like ticklish?

I also want to let everyone know that hydrogen water has really changed my gut health for the worse. For the first time in literally years, I am actually constipated.

In addition, now all of a sudden I am getting NAUSEA in the car (Back seat). I am usually fine, but since the hydrogen water I have noticed weird changes to my GUT.

Look what I found:
Hydrogen water administration with higher relative abundances of Parabacteroides, Rikenellaceae, Butyricimonas, Prevotella, Mucispirillum, Candidatus arthromitus, Erysipelotrichaceae, Allobaculum, Desulfovibrionaceae, and RF39

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
So I had 500mcg of Cypro on Sunday night, and have felt so bad for all the way up until now. It's wednesday midday and I am still feeling so numb,,,,

And then I am hoping that I get this incredible REBOUND snap effect, where I feel amazing. I am literally just waiting for it, beacuse right now I have ZERO anxiety, but also NO feelings, I am literally numb.

Cypro is the best drug to completely remove your emotions and look at things very objectively. But I can't even feel my PENI* - its horrible. I can't feel music. Its like a blanket smothering everything. It blocks dopamine and histamine too much.

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
Netherlands
So I had 500mcg of Cypro on Sunday night, and have felt so bad for all the way up until now. It's wednesday midday and I am still feeling so numb,,,,

And then I am hoping that I get this incredible REBOUND snap effect, where I feel amazing. I am literally just waiting for it, beacuse right now I have ZERO anxiety, but also NO feelings, I am literally numb.

Cypro is the best drug to completely remove your emotions and look at things very objectively. But I can't even feel my PENI* - its horrible. I can't feel music. Its like a blanket smothering everything. It blocks dopamine and histamine too much.
Have experience with BCAA? I would expect similar results if it is about lowering serotonine

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Have experience with BCAA? I would expect similar results if it is about lowering serotonine
I tried lowering serotonin with this, and it works well for increasing the overall dopamine tone, ie more motivation and more drive, but it just doesn't give me the FEELINGS back. Not like cyproheptadine rebound.