Progesterone Cream reviews, i am shocked.

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
PROGESTERONE: Side effects, Reviews by Patients (page 6) - AskaPatient.com

Horrible reaction from almost every female to progesterone cream. I was looking into it for my mom because she is having bad menopause symptoms. Definitely not getting it for her. Im glad i saw this. Its awful.

Some doctors online claim it to be a 'cure all' for everything and the bad reactions is 'estrogen leaving your fat cells' what?

Anyone know the mechanism behind those reactions?

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
PROGESTERONE: Side effects, Reviews by Patients (page 6) - AskaPatient.com

Horrible reaction from almost every female to progesterone cream. I was looking into it for my mom because she is having bad menopause symptoms. Definitely not getting it for her. Im glad i saw this. Its awful.

Some doctors online claim it to be a 'cure all' for everything and the bad reactions is 'estrogen leaving your fat cells' what?

Anyone know the mechanism behind those reactions?
progesterone alone kills your sodium to zero.

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands
But that doesn't explain the panic attacks, suicidal thoughts, hair loss, acne and everything else?
If progesterone lowers sodium it lowers Na/K I guess? Similar to zinc. So then you get low Na/K. Which is low vitality.

"A mildly elevated sodium/potassium ratio is associated with a more positive response to life, forward-looking, upbeat and moving ahead. A low sodium/potassium ratio is associated with a more negative attitude, chronic stress, and negative emotions such as frustration, resentment and hostility."

HIGH SODIUM/POTASSIUM RATIO

So if your Na/K ratio is already low you will feel like dogshit taking progesterone quick. People with higher Na/K can probably take it for longer but eventually I assume it will also make them have low Na/K. Unless they constantly eat stuff that makes their sodium higher. Or genetics...

Low Na/K for me makes me angry and aggressive to people. But also scared and timid underneath. It is aggression out of fear. I think finasteride put me in low Na/K chronically. But I have had moments where I felt not low Na/K.

While high Na/K which I think I also had in the past makes you more pushy, aggression out of anger and irritation, impatient, have more ambition for the future maybe even grandiose? Pretty much things describe testosterone as I guess.

That is why you need both probably (testosterone and progesterne) to not become a lunatic.

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
If progesterone lowers sodium it lowers Na/K I guess? Similar to zinc. So then you get low Na/K. Which is low vitality.

"A mildly elevated sodium/potassium ratio is associated with a more positive response to life, forward-looking, upbeat and moving ahead. A low sodium/potassium ratio is associated with a more negative attitude, chronic stress, and negative emotions such as frustration, resentment and hostility."

HIGH SODIUM/POTASSIUM RATIO

So if your Na/K ratio is already low you will feel like dogshit taking progesterone quick. People with higher Na/K can probably take it for longer but eventually I assume it will also make them have low Na/K. Unless they constantly eat stuff that makes their sodium higher. Or genetics...

Low Na/K for me makes me angry and aggressive to people. But also scared and timid underneath. It is aggression out of fear. I think finasteride put me in low Na/K chronically. But I have had moments where I felt not low Na/K.

While high Na/K which I think I also had in the past makes you more pushy, aggression out of anger and irritation, impatient, have more ambition for the future maybe even grandiose? Pretty much things describe testosterone as I guess.

That is why you need both probably (testosterone and progesterne) to not become a lunatic.
Interesting, however some women get these effects from just one dose. I don't think that's enough time to really lower the na/k ratio?

After reading some more i think it might be about prog lowering estrogen too much and maybe also testosterone but i don't think lowering test levels in women would have that much of an impact. Idk though, my test levels are too high never tried lowering them

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
But that doesn't explain the panic attacks, suicidal thoughts, hair loss, acne and everything else?

An OAT might have answers to those along with hair test, hormones tests saliva, blood.

Also if anyone has suggestions to help my menopause mom, feel free to share. She's acting like a crazy lady :p

Maybe both or three of you need to go out and have a couple of beers with some appetizers whistling after males, just watch out to not fall in the canal :)

tallglass13

Oct 11, 2017
Reports from some transgender woman stated that they had to drop progesterone due to severe depression symptoms. I found that interesting.

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
Reports from some transgender woman stated that they had to drop progesterone due to severe depression symptoms. I found that interesting.
Thats interesting indeed. I wonder whats going on especially as Progesterone recommended by everyone on ray peat forum aswell lol.

Also helen recommended it for certain cases as a stilt, but i think only if you take testosterone with it.

Trump_1776

May 5, 2018
United States
This should not come as a surprise. Birth control (progestin) kills a womans sex drive, and makes them less attractive.
They used to do blind tests with Birth control back in the late 80s and 90s. Have a lot of physicians in the family - they used to line up 20 or so women, some of which were on birth control, and then ask men to rate them on a scale. Let's just say it didn't bode well for the birth control group.
Couldn't do shit like that these days, plus the liberal strong arm social justice machine would rip it apart. But facts are facts.
Post birth control syndrome is a thing also. Though it seems women recover at a fairly high rate.

God forbid people would have to be responsible with their partners.

HerrFisch

Oct 7, 2017
yes
Actually now i think this might be the problem. I get the same symptoms from sodium lowering supplements like zinc and magnesium.
How do you feel on caffeine, licorice root, manganese, methylated B vitamins esp. b6 (p5p), Thiamin, Vit E, Taurine, Selenium, Methionine. Tried any of those yet?

I think I already wrote this but I felt similar breathing issues. And I felt better doing certain things (single supplements). But it was always just temporary. But its gone now.

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
How do you feel on caffeine, licorice root, manganese, methylated B vitamins esp. b6 (p5p), Thiamin, Vit E, Taurine, Selenium, Methionine. Tried any of those yet?

I think I already wrote this but I felt similar breathing issues. And I felt better doing certain things (single supplements). But it was always just temporary. But its gone now.
I dont feel good on manganese i think it raises DHT and prolactin too much in me. Licorice root i want to try out soon it looks interesting.

B6 i tried active and non active, felt awful on active one. No effect from inactive one.

B1 feel bad, too much DHT/cortisol increase

Caffeine, feel ok not too much. Gives energy but crash at night

Vit E really really bad, lowers estrogen a lot. I have too low estrogen already

Taurine havent tried, what is it for?

HerrFisch

Oct 7, 2017
yes
Hm okey, well that were all things that increase sodium. Like the opposite to zinc / magnesium. At least on the hairtest. They use Taurine for 4 lows and for low sodium people as well I think.
Manganese does stimulate progesterone. Which you had problems with as well iirc. Mg and Zn too.

So do you have 4-5 things you feel good on?

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
Hm okey, well that were all things that increase sodium. Like the opposite to zinc / magnesium. At least on the hairtest. They use Taurine for 4 lows and for low sodium people as well I think.
Manganese does stimulate progesterone. Which you had problems with as well iirc. Mg and Zn too.

So do you have 4-5 things you feel good on?
Not taking many supplements right now, too risky. Only thing im taking is vitamin b2 to see if it helps oily skin, no effect yet.