Post-concussion, TBI

Nov 19, 2017
Canada
Any advice on how to heal? There seems to be many different ways to try and approach this problem, such as...

Address pituitary hormone deficiencies with hormone supplementation?
Upper Cervical Chiropractic?
Maybe its just a vestibular problem?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy?

Any advice would be much appreciated, its a tough problem to fix.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
underworld
I'm no expert but have had falls unfortunately, and major memory loss, blackouts etc, ADHD, etc (cognitive impairment, severe around that time).
I don't think I would mess around with Chiropractic medicine at all for any serious issue, let alone something neurological. I know a lot of physicians and they see a lot of patients that have been messed up with Chiropractic treatment. I'm not saying it's ALL bad, I'm just saying. Obviously medical care leaves a lot to be desired too. Neurosurgeons and Head and Neck surgeons see mistreatment from such care quite often.

Some TBI patients have been treated by endocrinologists with low dose TRT, but I wouldn't recommend that for PFS, if you have that (they also treat PFS the same way, which obviously doesn't usually work well). You mentioned previous fin use, but not PFS in your signature, so maybe you got off of that safe. I hope so.

Recommendation: Fasting, ARL, Etc.

Last edited:

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
ARL hair mineral analysis and follow the program. Also work on the gut and taking care of pathogens.

You need to realize how badly the brain is affected by the body. A body with imbalances with the inability to handle toxicity is going to have a brain being just as harmed as the body is.

I saw a post that said you were "hypothyroid"- which I really doubt you are. I think you probably have a mineral imbalance that leaves your thyroid sluggish. Get off the t3/t4, have a hair analysis done, if you're a slow oxidizer start with a fast and go from there.

I know more than anyone about having brain issues from this stuff. From things as light as where II can't remember something things or I put some things to severe anxiety/depression (at my worst during my 7 months of hell), major brain fog/fatigue.

Nov 19, 2017
Canada
@MNK99 Yea it looks like Dr. Mark Gordon uses low level TRT to treat this. I don't think I would want to do that either.

I had two minor concussion 8 years ago while on fin. Im starting to assume concussions while on, and after using fin are twice as bad. I have heard people express the effects of fin alone are similar to brain damage. As for PFS, I still managed to get into a state I would consider my "prime" 4 years after quitting fin... but then this damn concussion came along.

Yes, I think I will try a ARL hair mineral analysis. Thanks.

@bruschi11 Thanks, yes, I take quite a bit of thyroid. I have been on it for 5 years now. Im kind of surprised the practitioner I worked with when I fist started taking thyroid didn't suggest some of the tactics of using thyroid supplementation just temporarily to try and get my thyroid health back, such as, just taking some t3 for a bit, then stopping. I doubt she would have known much about mineral imbalances being a cause.

Yes, I have noticed I have to be very careful with what I eat now a days.

Some post concussion symptoms I still have are grammatical errors in my verbal speech, brain fog/groggy mornings, and I get a weird subtle motion sickness type feeling, kind of like how it feels when you step out of a car, after hours of driving on the highway, which i'm wondering if it's a vestibular problem.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017
Canada
Do I have to quit all supplements (vitamins, hormones, and nutrients) before I get a hair mineral analysis?

Last edited:

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
No. You actually don’t. Just watch what you put in your hair.

Nov 19, 2017
Canada
Thanks, but I'm guessing I wont be able to find out if I'm naturally a fast or slow oxidizer if I'm supplementing with thyroid. Is that one of the most important things to find out?

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
You can have mineral test while on thyroid. But I think they may advise you to stop or taper off.