OXALATE - You have to check!

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Oxalate has already been spoken in the forum, but no thread title about it.

Really, you can have the issue with ZERO signs of it! Symptoms come in 2 cases:

- You reach the storage maximum and your body starts to react to your food intake.
You don't want to know about the possible issues only then!

- You lower your food intake in oxalate rich food, and one day you start to DUMP your storage.
This is the case when people adopt the carnivore diet without knowing they suddenly remove all oxalate intake. They feel great and then dump.

I will not write more now, I just hope that those who know about their oxalate issue will start to talk about their experience, so that we can suggest all members how to check if they have the issue.

Yes guys, this is very important because you might not know that oxalate is what wrecks havoc in your mitochondria and lower your energy! No way to recover without dumping your storage! But don't go oxalate-free cold turkey, as too much dumping at once can be a big insult on the body. But the dumping HAS to happen.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Nighteyes

Oct 5, 2017
I have tried eating a low oxalate diet but I always end up feeling limited in terms of nutrition. White rice seems like the obvious choice for carbs when trying to avoid oxalates but I can deplete b vitamins. Large amounts of potatoes and whole grains like whole wheat seem like a big no no for me. I start to get joint aches and get grit /crystals in the corner of my eyes and in the nose.. btw anyone who knows of an organic acids test in Europe that can test for oxalate overload? Brown rice in moderate amounts seem ok for me. Another thought is that gut diversitet is important. Mine was wrecked long ago from antibiotics etc, surely doesnt make things better. Also fat malabsorption supposedly is a risk Factor in oxalate overload which I also have. Maybe liver/bile once again becomes an important focus like with SIBO

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
- You reach the storage maximum and your body starts to react to your food intake.
- You lower your food intake in oxalate rich food, and one day you start to DUMP your storage.
we can suggest all members how to check if they have the issue.

The oxalates from food that come out in urine is the minority of them to my knowledge. Not optimal biochemistry, not optimal diet and gut issues should be the reason for those oxalates that are causing trouble in one and not in others. I think if the above are compromised even if you eat very little food with oxalates you absorb most of them.
Regarding testing there are some markers in organic acids that are telling if oxalates are present in urine. And of course there is this thing hyperoxaluria type I and II but that is a particular genes issue involving.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Exactly. @supernature .... I had elevated oxalates in 2017 when I was very very ill. I got better in late 2017 early 2018 on an oxalate rich diet. LOL I had no idea what an oxalate was at the time.

I clearly just strengthened my system which was now capable of removing oxalates. My gut got great, my CFS was gone. The system was now doing its job in removing these things.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Exactly. @supernature .... I had elevated oxalates in 2017 when I was very very ill. I got better in late 2017 early 2018 on an oxalate rich diet. LOL I had no idea what an oxalate was at the time.

I clearly just strengthened my system which was now capable of removing oxalates. My gut got great, my CFS was gone. The system was now doing its job in removing these things.

Yet there are many people that are focusing on the oxalates as a main culprit and work on solving it. There are FB groups with 20-30 thousand people and there were yahoo groups before that on the topic. Maybe somebody need to tell those people there is a better way to approach this, to give them an example.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Yet there are many people that are focusing on the oxalates as a main culprit and work on solving it. There are FB groups with 20-30 thousand people and there were yahoo groups before that on the topic. Maybe somebody need to tell those people there is a better way to approach this, to give them an example.
I've already done it in the facebook group. I mentioned nutritional balancing and they were like "please post peer reviewed studies." And I was like ok have fun with not eating oxalates the rest of your life.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I've already done it in the facebook group. I mentioned nutritional balancing and they were like "please post peer reviewed studies." And I was like ok have fun with not eating oxalates the rest of your life.

HAhaha it happens, i remember myself once in particular witnessing a post from someone some tiiiime ago and they proposed things to the groups pool that make sense and is obviously a spot on on solving the issue to degree and to the admins inquiry to apply evidence the answer was that everybody has access to inet and they can work up and reach for enough data, but nothing accompanying certain statements were provided from the poster. That was very disappointing for the admins i remember as they were very kind at encouraging the poster to show them the whole research the poster were done.

Its strange this stuff cause people arent appreciating that someone is giving them a strong hint on a topic and that is more than enough for them to do their own homework, but no they want all the research that someone is done for themselves to be given away, people want everything.
Its like telling someone: you might need a 'soup', and they: what is a soup ?

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
How this works @bruschi11 ?

How can we chelate oxalates?
Don’t worry about it man. Building up the terrain with nutrition + optimization of gut/ microbiome should do the job.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
HAhaha it happens, i remember myself once in particular witnessing a post from someone some tiiiime ago and they proposed things to the groups pool that make sense and is obviously a spot on on solving the issue to degree and to the admins inquiry to apply evidence the answer was that everybody has access to inet and they can work up and reach for enough data, but nothing accompanying certain statements were provided from the poster. That was very disappointing for the admins i remember as they were very kind at encouraging the poster to show them the whole research the poster were done.

Its strange this stuff cause people arent appreciating that someone is giving them a strong hint on a topic and that is more than enough for them to do their own homework, but no they want all the research that someone is done for themselves to be given away, people want everything.
Its like telling someone: you might need a 'soup', and they: what is a soup ?
I just got banned today from a post finasteride facebook group for trying to talk a suicidal kid into getting Organic Acids or Nutreval testing done.

All we are is crazy people on the internet to some people unfortunately.