OXALATE - You have to check!

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Oxalate has already been spoken in the forum, but no thread title about it.

Really, you can have the issue with ZERO signs of it! Symptoms come in 2 cases:

- You reach the storage maximum and your body starts to react to your food intake.
You don't want to know about the possible issues only then!

- You lower your food intake in oxalate rich food, and one day you start to DUMP your storage.
This is the case when people adopt the carnivore diet without knowing they suddenly remove all oxalate intake. They feel great and then dump.

I will not write more now, I just hope that those who know about their oxalate issue will start to talk about their experience, so that we can suggest all members how to check if they have the issue.

Yes guys, this is very important because you might not know that oxalate is what wrecks havoc in your mitochondria and lower your energy! No way to recover without dumping your storage! But don't go oxalate-free cold turkey, as too much dumping at once can be a big insult on the body. But the dumping HAS to happen.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Nighteyes

Oct 5, 2017
I have tried eating a low oxalate diet but I always end up feeling limited in terms of nutrition. White rice seems like the obvious choice for carbs when trying to avoid oxalates but I can deplete b vitamins. Large amounts of potatoes and whole grains like whole wheat seem like a big no no for me. I start to get joint aches and get grit /crystals in the corner of my eyes and in the nose.. btw anyone who knows of an organic acids test in Europe that can test for oxalate overload? Brown rice in moderate amounts seem ok for me. Another thought is that gut diversitet is important. Mine was wrecked long ago from antibiotics etc, surely doesnt make things better. Also fat malabsorption supposedly is a risk Factor in oxalate overload which I also have. Maybe liver/bile once again becomes an important focus like with SIBO

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
- You reach the storage maximum and your body starts to react to your food intake.
- You lower your food intake in oxalate rich food, and one day you start to DUMP your storage.
we can suggest all members how to check if they have the issue.

The oxalates from food that come out in urine is the minority of them to my knowledge. Not optimal biochemistry, not optimal diet and gut issues should be the reason for those oxalates that are causing trouble in one and not in others. I think if the above are compromised even if you eat very little food with oxalates you absorb most of them.
Regarding testing there are some markers in organic acids that are telling if oxalates are present in urine. And of course there is this thing hyperoxaluria type I and II but that is a particular genes issue involving.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Exactly. @supernature .... I had elevated oxalates in 2017 when I was very very ill. I got better in late 2017 early 2018 on an oxalate rich diet. LOL I had no idea what an oxalate was at the time.

I clearly just strengthened my system which was now capable of removing oxalates. My gut got great, my CFS was gone. The system was now doing its job in removing these things.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Exactly. @supernature .... I had elevated oxalates in 2017 when I was very very ill. I got better in late 2017 early 2018 on an oxalate rich diet. LOL I had no idea what an oxalate was at the time.

I clearly just strengthened my system which was now capable of removing oxalates. My gut got great, my CFS was gone. The system was now doing its job in removing these things.

Yet there are many people that are focusing on the oxalates as a main culprit and work on solving it. There are FB groups with 20-30 thousand people and there were yahoo groups before that on the topic. Maybe somebody need to tell those people there is a better way to approach this, to give them an example.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Yet there are many people that are focusing on the oxalates as a main culprit and work on solving it. There are FB groups with 20-30 thousand people and there were yahoo groups before that on the topic. Maybe somebody need to tell those people there is a better way to approach this, to give them an example.
I've already done it in the facebook group. I mentioned nutritional balancing and they were like "please post peer reviewed studies." And I was like ok have fun with not eating oxalates the rest of your life.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I've already done it in the facebook group. I mentioned nutritional balancing and they were like "please post peer reviewed studies." And I was like ok have fun with not eating oxalates the rest of your life.

HAhaha it happens, i remember myself once in particular witnessing a post from someone some tiiiime ago and they proposed things to the groups pool that make sense and is obviously a spot on on solving the issue to degree and to the admins inquiry to apply evidence the answer was that everybody has access to inet and they can work up and reach for enough data, but nothing accompanying certain statements were provided from the poster. That was very disappointing for the admins i remember as they were very kind at encouraging the poster to show them the whole research the poster were done.

Its strange this stuff cause people arent appreciating that someone is giving them a strong hint on a topic and that is more than enough for them to do their own homework, but no they want all the research that someone is done for themselves to be given away, people want everything.
Its like telling someone: you might need a 'soup', and they: what is a soup ?

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
How this works @bruschi11 ?

How can we chelate oxalates?
Don’t worry about it man. Building up the terrain with nutrition + optimization of gut/ microbiome should do the job.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
HAhaha it happens, i remember myself once in particular witnessing a post from someone some tiiiime ago and they proposed things to the groups pool that make sense and is obviously a spot on on solving the issue to degree and to the admins inquiry to apply evidence the answer was that everybody has access to inet and they can work up and reach for enough data, but nothing accompanying certain statements were provided from the poster. That was very disappointing for the admins i remember as they were very kind at encouraging the poster to show them the whole research the poster were done.

Its strange this stuff cause people arent appreciating that someone is giving them a strong hint on a topic and that is more than enough for them to do their own homework, but no they want all the research that someone is done for themselves to be given away, people want everything.
Its like telling someone: you might need a 'soup', and they: what is a soup ?
I just got banned today from a post finasteride facebook group for trying to talk a suicidal kid into getting Organic Acids or Nutreval testing done.

All we are is crazy people on the internet to some people unfortunately.

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
I was banned from the FB group of oxalate for pointing to a mod mistakes... she does not read well and answer stupid things...

They did not post any of 4 posts.

They dismiss HTMA...

They only trust testings of oxalate levels and dismiss people who say "I tried this and I was ok"... (the answer is "it was not tested"!)

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Anyway.... I was 1 month full time with my Aspie focus, so I have enough to munch on!

Instead of OAT, you can ask for a 24h oxalate urine test in any lab (even in my small island they do it.)

If you dump oxalate, at least avoid the very high foods. If you want a good list, PM me... or join the TLO group and stay silent! We also have good free talks in the recipe group though Annie is there too, lol so I blocked her to not get crazy at her stupidity. Low Oxalate Recipes

And eat a lot of brassica, garlic and onion, as much as you can without farting sulfur! If you loose muscle or don't gain enough, it means sulfur depleted, and they sulfur and oxalate compete for transport.

If you have mold issues, they make oxalate. You also need to get better for Bs starting with B1, as benfothiamine or allithiamine or loads of garlic!
Also P5P then B2 and the others, and care for your B9 and B12.

By the way... about lead being stored in bones... it is stored with oxalate... 80% of oxalate is stored in bones. I really prefer to get rid of as much as possible! It also stores mercury.

You don't chelate or detox oxalate but flush it in liquids, thus the urgencies to urinate and the grit in the eyes or skin... Sauna is a good idea, and also epsom salt baths (provides Mg but more over sulfate! We need sulfate!), and you need to take citric acids and minerals for binding. So they advise calcium citrate and Mg citrate.

At the moment I feel as if a flue with pains and aches and even bones hurting... But I reintroduce plant foods and my guts are fine! My tongue even better...

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
For carbs, yes white rice, but whole rice is ok if you want.
Corn is ok too.
the third low is RED potatoe. Peel, cut and boil and throw the water.

Then you can have barley and millet that are not that bad... Wash, wash more, soak, wash... sprout, wash... cook in a lot of water that you throw away.

Bananas are not too high either...

Black eyed peas, lentils, green peas. Lima beans are fine, and even garbanzo are fine though a bit higher.

Avoid buckwheat and quinoa.

Avoid nuts and chia, but you can get pumkin seeds, watermelon seeds and flax.

Celeriac and turnips are the best roots. If you slice and boil away the water, you can have carrots and parsnip.

Most fruits are quite correct, except figs especially dry that are the highest. Berries are highest than fruits, especially black- and rasp- and straw-
Blueberries are correct. Dates and raisins yes.

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Cant ask rebels to stay silent, thats against their nature.
They silence you anyway... FB has protection when members abuse you, but no protection when admins and mods abuse you...
So this group is just to be able to download the information you need.
I just got banned today from a post finasteride facebook group for trying to talk a suicidal kid into getting Organic Acids or Nutreval testing done.

All we are is crazy people on the internet to some people unfortunately.
The joy of dealing with some feature of human nature...
The TLO group is the only one I got banned from, and I have enough screen shot to prove what the mod did! Annie for those who go there... Just ignore her totally or you get crazy.

In the end I did my own group,
"We are omnivores. So why can't we".
It is to talk about what we do when we come back from elimination diets we had to do and how we can be resilient again. There are even people who know very well the Ray Peat diet, oxalate avoiders, vegetarians and carnivore, and also ex carnivores and people who avoid oxalate, people who beat cancer, hashi, fatigue and oxalate issues...
Thus my goal for resilience: back to omnivore!
Of course we stay away from what we cannot, but not as a life sentence when we can do something about it!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Europe
They silence you anyway... FB has protection when members abuse you, but no protection when admins and mods abuse you...
So this group is just to be able to download the information you need.

ALL FB groups are like that, they dont consist of people open minded to things, but closed under particular reasons for a dissbalance for ex., its normal for them to act like that. They are there to get separated from the general ideas, but there is nothing different than the approach the todays medicine is using i.e. supressing the potential invaders, instead of addressing the reasons causing those 'invaders' to proliferate and make issues. For ex. in your Organix from back then, there are nutritional markers of deficiency as well as some bacterial markers to work on. All those should be addressed and improved and then to check if those oxalates are still making issues and not before that.

In the end I did my own group,
"We are omnivores. So why can't we".

Many years ago i used to talk to local guy from the other part of the country, back then he said one day you will again come back to mixed type eating and not like you are right now on types of diet etc. Well he was right, who knew, but not sure if as a sign of just saying F all the diets and stuff im gonna eat whatever i want or just as a sign of maturity and experience after been on many diets and approaches. However i claim with mixed type of eating one can not fix an issue that requires particular types of diet, nutrients, life style etc, once the issue already occurred or if can it will take instead of 1-3 or maybe 6 months at most, some like many years if ever happens. More or less there is a good reason this issue to occur in first place.

Last edited: