Opposite of RU

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
Just curious if anyone has suggestions on what may impact the body in an opposite way compared to RU.

RU ruined my life. I’m desperate to find something. Appreciate any suggestions.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Just curious if anyone has suggestions on what may impact the body in an opposite way compared to RU.

RU blocks receptors Glucorticoid, Estrogen, Androgen, Progesterone.

So taking those will be opposite of RU

Last edited:

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
RU blocks receptors Glucorticoid, Estrogen, Androgen, Progesterone.

So taking those will be opposite of RU
I agree with this...

...... but I think you’ll also agree with what I have to say too.

A lot of people have tried RU here. And it’s had different effects on us. Some highly beneficial. Some nothing. Some it hurt (my second time I think it set me back a little.) And we have one person here @Minime who says it ruined his life.

And don’t get me wrong.. I 100% believe you when you say your REACTIOn to this drug ruined your life.

But that’s it. The REACTION. Something happened to your system, that was already in a horrible place beforehand, that made it even worse. As what happened to me with finasteride, with hydrogen water.

Your body chemistry was distorted heavily in a bad way- so pathogens, fungus, toxins, heavy metals were able to slow your body’s functioning down 10 fold.

That said. You need to look at this systemically. You are not a healthy person. I believe you should really begin a long term healing plan.

Which would include nutritional balancing, removing pathogens/Candida/fungus, building back up the gut with gut drink/beneficial bacteria, fasting (even 3-5 days man, you can do it!), liver flushes, coffee enemas if tolerable etc etc.

If a life is ruined- you gotta go all in. There’s no excuses- none to not attack from all fronts if you have the finances. A ruined life is the worst thing to live with. I just got out of it the last 6-8 weeks. We were talking several months ago @Minime , I was in such a dark and scary place, but I had gotten out of it before so I was quite optimistic.

You may not have that experience yet. But there is reason to go all in. If you go all in, you will get out of this there is no doubt in my mind.

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017

Minime,

What exactly did the RU do to you ?

Are you PFS? If so from Fin?

How long did you take RU for and at what dosage ?

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
Minime,

What exactly did the RU do to you ?

Are you PFS? If so from Fin?

How long did you take RU for and at what dosage ?
@5 alpha
RU made me lose most of my hair. Essentially alopecia. I believe it killed my hair follicles. Once the hair ends it’s natural cycle, the hair follicle should produce a new hair to grow, starting the cycle all over again. My hair follicles don’t do that. They’re dead I think. But on top of that it gave me chronic folliculitis all over my scalp and eyebrows, and mild acne all over my face that comes and goes and is not very responsive to acne medication. Nothing has worked and my scalp is insanely itchy with acne all over it. It’s horrific living this way. Doctors have taken biopsies and found nothing. So they’ve concluded it is an autoimmune condition.
Yes, I am PFS from fin. I took fin off and on for more than 15 years.
I used 3-5 mg of RU for 3 days. Very small doses.
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I’ve been in a deep depression and simply decided to stay away from everything for a while.

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
@5 alpha
RU made me lose most of my hair. Essentially alopecia. I believe it killed my hair follicles. Once the hair ends it’s natural cycle, the hair follicle should produce a new hair to grow, starting the cycle all over again. My hair follicles don’t do that. They’re dead I think. But on top of that it gave me chronic folliculitis all over my scalp and eyebrows, and mild acne all over my face that comes and goes and is not very responsive to acne medication. Nothing has worked and my scalp is insanely itchy with acne all over it. It’s horrific living this way. Doctors have taken biopsies and found nothing. So they’ve concluded it is an autoimfolliculitismune condition.
Yes, I am PFS from fin. I took fin off and on for more than 15 years.
I used 3-5 mg of RU for 3 days. Very small doses.
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I’ve been in a deep depression and simply decided to stay away from everything for a while.
I’m sorry to hear about your nightmare with RU.

What have they tried giving you to treat the folliculitis?

Have you ever tried a face steamer ? When my acne was at it’s worse years ago in my early twenties before PFS I would use a face steamer daily which helped more than any prescription cream I tried. It’s a simple machine you put water in. It heats up creates steam and you put your face where your face goes and it’s direct steam to your face.

I’m curious to know what would happen if you put your head in that to try to treat the folliculitis.... ?

Does showering the hot water and steam help the
folliculitis?

Did the RU make anything else worse.? Like the Sexual symptoms ?

Why do you suspect the RU did this ? Did you have a full head of heat prior to taking RU? Is this a sign that the RU “undid” what 15 years of Fin did?

Sorry for all the questions

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
I’m sorry to hear about your nightmare with RU.

What have they tried giving you to treat the folliculitis?

Have you ever tried a face steamer ? When my acne was at it’s worse years ago in my early twenties before PFS I would use a face steamer daily which helped more than any prescription cream I tried. It’s a simple machine you put water in. It heats up creates steam and you put your face where your face goes and it’s direct steam to your face.

I’m curious to know what would happen if you put your head in that to try to treat the folliculitis.... ?

Does showering the hot water and steam help the
folliculitis?

Did the RU make anything else worse.? Like the Sexual symptoms ?

Why do you suspect the RU did this ? Did you have a full head of heat prior to taking RU? Is this a sign that the RU “undid” what 15 years of Fin did?

Sorry for all the questions
@5 alpha
The acne on my face comes and goes. Not nearly as bad as when I was a teen fortunately. One thing is for sure, my skin feels different. Kind of leathery, particularly on and around my nose, and on my forehead

I have not tried a face steamer but maybe I’ll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion

In treating the folliculitis I have tried antibiotics and anti fungal medicines. But since my folliculitis is not the result of fungus or bacteria, these medicines did nothing for the folliculitis. The antibiotics however did help with my muscle wasting from PFS. It reversed it for a short time. I find it a little easier to put on weight now.

I don’t think RU made anything worse, but I could be wrong. I don’t think it made anything better. Honestly I can’t even remember.

I don’t know why RU did this to me. I believe it has something to do with RU’s impact on certain receptors but I don’t know how to reverse it.

As far as PFS goes my worst symptoms are sexual/shrinkage, but it is extremely severe. Completely useless and dead and always cold, as if there is no blood supply. It doesn’t even resemble what it’s supposed to be anymore. I have no idea what to do about it. I’ve been in such a depressive funk I haven’t kept up with this board and I can’t recall if anyone on this board has actually reversed shrinkage or not. And if so how did they do it. I’m thinking about trying @Cdsnuts protocol but is that really something an older guy should be doing? I don’t know. Plus it sounds like it can take years if it works at all. I don’t know if I will last that long. I think about suicide at least a dozen times per day. Sorry for the ranting. It’s been another really really bad day.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
@5 alpha
The acne on my face comes and goes. Not nearly as bad as when I was a teen fortunately. One thing is for sure, my skin feels different. Kind of leathery, particularly on and around my nose, and on my forehead

I have not tried a face steamer but maybe I’ll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion

In treating the folliculitis I have tried antibiotics and anti fungal medicines. But since my folliculitis is not the result of fungus or bacteria, these medicines did nothing for the folliculitis. The antibiotics however did help with my muscle wasting from PFS. It reversed it for a short time. I find it a little easier to put on weight now.

I don’t think RU made anything worse, but I could be wrong. I don’t think it made anything better. Honestly I can’t even remember.

I don’t know why RU did this to me. I believe it has something to do with RU’s impact on certain receptors but I don’t know how to reverse it.

As far as PFS goes my worst symptoms are sexual/shrinkage, but it is extremely severe. Completely useless and dead and always cold, as if there is no blood supply. It doesn’t even resemble what it’s supposed to be anymore. I have no idea what to do about it. I’ve been in such a depressive funk I haven’t kept up with this board and I can’t recall if anyone on this board has actually reversed shrinkage or not. And if so how did they do it. I’m thinking about trying @Cdsnuts protocol but is that really something an older guy should be doing? I don’t know. Plus it sounds like it can take years if it works at all. I don’t know if I will last that long. I think about suicide at least a dozen times per day. Sorry for the ranting. It’s been another really really bad day.
Are you in the USA @Minime ? which country if not?

And how old are you? I mean cdsnuts is perfect for an older person- normally slow oxidizers.

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
Are you in the USA @Minime ? which country if not?

And how old are you? I mean cdsnuts is perfect for an older person- normally slow oxidizers.
Yes, USA
I’m upper 40’s and haven’t lifted weights of any kind in 15-20 years. I have back issues, knee issues and shoulder issues which makes me even more nervous to try a workout regimen of any kind.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Yes, USA
I’m upper 40’s and haven’t lifted weights of any kind in 15-20 years. I have back issues, knee issues and shoulder issues which makes me even more nervous to try a workout regimen of any kind.
Genova Diagnostics Nutreval FMV testing. Please just do it. Please man. We can see if there are any severe deficiencies you have. We can see if there are any major issues in the organic acids testing. The test is so worth it. $190 of you have health insurance in the USA.

There are experts out there in this stuff including @Helen who can really help you out. He wants to help you, I want to help you. We are here for you and know you can better. You need to get your head out of modern medicine absolutely completely. Like completely forget about trying to cure symptoms like shrinkage (yes I cured mine 100%.. the way you talk about your sexual symptoms sound like mine at my worst- and I’m getting close to healed sexually.)

I don’t want you to think about general symptoms. What you need to think about is the system. You have major major issues with your SYSTEM for you to have all these horrid symptoms. Your system just isn’t working right for you to be stuck like this.

Just do the nutreval testing man. I guarantee you can get better. It will be slow. One month you start seeing your knee issues getting better, maybe the next you see your back is less sore. You start exercising. A few months later you realize your getting night erections. The following month you start getting 20% libido at times and your dick isn’t cold anymore.

You have to dig in and find a holistic, realistic way out of this. The doctors you have worked with are only trying one trick wonder type treatments. You take this and you’ll be better. But we both know that is impossible. It is a tedious task to correct health problems to your degree looking from your POV. But when you’ve done it before like me... it just looks like fun.

I’m not back to my best of pfs yet like in late 2017, early 2018. I think I’m close. But when I look back to those days when digestion was perfect, fatigue completely gone. It’s just so worth it. Life is so nice and rewarding when your body works right. It’s out there... but you have to think about the body itself before any specific symptom.

To conclude this rant here- work on the body. Work on the system. Stop trying to cure symptoms. Have a Genova Diagnostics Nutreval test done it is the best thing out there for us. A functional medicine doctor would certainly understand that you’d like to look at deficiencies and organic acids. Its an absolute no brainer to me. Please man. Just do it.

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
Genova Diagnostics Nutreval FMV testing. Please just do it. Please man. We can see if there are any severe deficiencies you have. We can see if there are any major issues in the organic acids testing. The test is so worth it. $190 of you have health insurance in the USA.

There are experts out there in this stuff including @Helen who can really help you out. He wants to help you, I want to help you. We are here for you and know you can better. You need to get your head out of modern medicine absolutely completely. Like completely forget about trying to cure symptoms like shrinkage (yes I cured mine 100%.. the way you talk about your sexual symptoms sound like mine at my worst- and I’m getting close to healed sexually.)

I don’t want you to think about general symptoms. What you need to think about is the system. You have major major issues with your SYSTEM for you to have all these horrid symptoms. Your system just isn’t working right for you to be stuck like this.

Just do the nutreval testing man. I guarantee you can get better. It will be slow. One month you start seeing your knee issues getting better, maybe the next you see your back is less sore. You start exercising. A few months later you realize your getting night erections. The following month you start getting 20% libido at times and your dick isn’t cold anymore.

You have to dig in and find a holistic, realistic way out of this. The doctors you have worked with are only trying one trick wonder type treatments. You take this and you’ll be better. But we both know that is impossible. It is a tedious task to correct health problems to your degree looking from your POV. But when you’ve done it before like me... it just looks like fun.

I’m not back to my best of pfs yet like in late 2017, early 2018. I think I’m close. But when I look back to those days when digestion was perfect, fatigue completely gone. It’s just so worth it. Life is so nice and rewarding when your body works right. It’s out there... but you have to think about the body itself before any specific symptom.

To conclude this rant here- work on the body. Work on the system. Stop trying to cure symptoms. Have a Genova Diagnostics Nutreval test done it is the best thing out there for us. A functional medicine doctor would certainly understand that you’d like to look at deficiencies and organic acids. Its an absolute no brainer to me. Please man. Just do it.
The test requires a doctor correct?

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
@5 alpha

So you got nailed with the sexual sides initially and the RU did not effect this for the good or worse ? It’s ruff man I get that part of it. I got nailed hard in this area as well. You should try CD’s protocol at the very minimum. It helped with shrinkage for me but did nothing really for the rest of the sexual sides. But in addition to helping with shrinkage it made me feel and look all around better and helped get my mind off things. You should do it. The hair thing sucks and I feel for you. I got lucky in this department but suspect that the only reason I have my hair is because I don’t respond to hormones properly.

I would gladly shave my head every day and take the reversal of the sexual sides in exchange. It sucks even more that you did not get this exchange in return. But all that can be done is to focus on things that we can control as of right now. You should try a few things:

Find something that works for the folliculitis. Has to be something. I mean antibiotics and anti fungal treatments failed but that’s because neither of these things cause folliculitis. Hell I would try rubbing CBD oil on my head before I accepted defeat on that. I’m thinking steam for the exposed hair follicles that are inflamed.

Getting your natty T up with herb cycling. I can’t see how it will make you worse. Even try a DHT prohormone.

Exercise. Our bodies especially when we have the injuries that you mentioned are not made to sit and not get exercise. I have three bad disks in my lumbar spine. One of them is herniated with all of the fluid having leaked out of its nucleus. The disk is rubbery practically serving no purpose and like having no disk separating those two parts of the vertebrae from rubbing bone on bone. And the disk that’s ruined is sticking out compressing my sciatica nerve.

I’m in constant pain. I currently can’t stand for anymore than 10 min at a time. But yesterday for example I still went to the gym and did 20 min worth of cardio and body weight exercises. Not much but makes a world of difference in keeping me going mentally and physically. My point is if I can do this is my condition you can too. I take no prescription pain meds don’t smoke weed for the pain and never drink alcohol. Just think never surrender and focus on moving forward.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Interested in this too, do you def need a doctor Or you can just buy on the Internet
I think its like $500 with no doctor. But then I don't know how they can take your blood with no doctor. Dana Summers who I work with is the expert in it. She's on facebook with her group "biochemical me" and is $65 for a consult.

Doctors are completely obligated to allowing this test be done. Basically just say you have many health issues and you'd like to see if any major deficiencies are involved.

But use a functional medicine doctor- most "doctors" are in it for themselves and there's no money for them to be made with chasing deficiencies. Functional medicine docs are usually in that field because they believe in something deeper than modern medicine. They may not be accurate, but at least they have the curiousity to explore.

Cdsnuts

Oct 27, 2017
So you got nailed with the sexual sides initially and the RU did not effect this for the good or worse ? It’s ruff man I get that part of it. I got nailed hard in this area as well. You should try CD’s protocol at the very minimum. It helped with shrinkage for me but did nothing really for the rest of the sexual sides. But in addition to helping with shrinkage it made me feel and look all around better and helped get my mind off things. You should do it. The hair thing sucks and I feel for you. I got lucky in this department but suspect that the only reason I have my hair is because I don’t respond to hormones properly.

I would gladly shave my head every day and take the reversal of the sexual sides in exchange. It sucks even more that you did not get this exchange in return. But all that can be done is to focus on things that we can control as of right now. You should try a few things:

Find something that works for the folliculitis. Has to be something. I mean antibiotics and anti fungal treatments failed but that’s because neither of these things cause folliculitis. Hell I would try rubbing CBD oil on my head before I accepted defeat on that. I’m thinking steam for the exposed hair follicles that are inflamed.

Getting your natty T up with herb cycling. I can’t see how it will make you worse. Even try a DHT prohormone.

Exercise. Our bodies especially when we have the injuries that you mentioned are not made to sit and not get exercise. I have three bad disks in my lumbar spine. One of them is herniated with all of the fluid having leaked out of its nucleus. The disk is rubbery practically serving no purpose and like having no disk separating those two parts of the vertebrae from rubbing bone on bone. And the disk that’s ruined is sticking out compressing my sciatica nerve.

I’m in constant pain. I currently can’t stand for anymore than 10 min at a time. But yesterday for example I still went to the gym and did 20 min worth of cardio and body weight exercises. Not much but makes a world of difference in keeping me going mentally and physically. My point is if I can do this is my condition you can too. I take no prescription pain meds don’t smoke weed for the pain and never drink alcohol. Just think never surrender and focus on moving forward.
I would avoid CBD. Most of the men I work with, myself included get a reduced libido from supplementing with that compound. It's a shame because it's very helpful with so many other things, but at the cost of an already diminished or non-existent libido, it's not worth it.

In regards to the protocol not doing anything for your sexual sides, that is simply a matter of not giving it enough time. If you stayed on it 100% for long enough, your body simply has no choice but to follow suit.

5 alpha

Oct 3, 2017
I would avoid CBD. Most of the men I work with, myself included get a reduced libido from supplementing with that compound. It's a shame because it's very helpful with so many other things, but at the cost of an already diminished or non-existent libido, it's not worth it.

In regards to the protocol not doing anything for your sexual sides, that is simply a matter of not giving it enough time. If you stayed on it 100% for long enough, your body simply has no choice but to follow suit.
Interesting. I had no idea about the CBD. I guess I’m glad I never tried it. I have thought about it because some say it’s good for reducing pain in general. Will probable not be trying this now.

I’m positive that if I did more fasting and did more to eliminate stress at the beginning I probable would have recovered completely. My back which is PFS related will take surgery but that is beside the point

Last edited:

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
Interesting. I had no idea about the CBD. I guess I’m glad I never tried it. I have thought about it because some say it’s good for reducing pain in general. Will probable not be trying this now.

I’m positive that if I did more fasting and did more to eliminate stress at the beginning I probable would have recovered completely. My back which is PFS related will take surgery but that is beside the point
What’s wrong with your back and how is it PFS related?

Minime

Oct 4, 2017

@Cdsnuts
If I use your protocol and just go with fasting followed by diet and herb cycling, can I expect improvement? I can’t do much with working out due to injuries.