On A Quest To RAISE Aldosteorne!!!

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
All of my issues are related to LOW SODIUM levels.

-Muscular weakness.
-Low blood pressure.
-Poor pumps in the gym.
-High serotonin symptoms.

I feel CURED on the withdrawal of Cyproheptadine... 4-5 days later.... why? Aldosterone/cortisol spike?
Licorice also helps me.

But how can I raise Aldosterone without needing licorice?

I am aware that Cortisol has minor MR activity too.

Salt Restriction Stimulates The Serotonergic System In Man

MCurtone

Apr 7, 2019
Canada
Salt restriction and Increasing potassium should increase Aldosterone levels. My levels came back high and out of range. I was salt-deprived for 3-4 weeks and only getting sodium from celery juice and tomato juice. I got a ton of potassium from raw meat from my carnivore diet and tomato juice.

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
Salt restriction and Increasing potassium should increase Aldosterone levels. My levels came back high and out of range. I was salt-deprived for 3-4 weeks and only getting sodium from celery juice and tomato juice. I got a ton of potassium from raw meat from my carnivore diet and tomato juice.
Did you also meassure your Renin at that time, if so what was it?

edit also; Salt restriction seems to lead to a higher baseline Aldosterone level; the actual increase seems to depend on potassium alone; According to this source.

The slope of the response of aldosterone to serum potassium is almost independent of sodium intake...

Aldosterone is much increased at low sodium intakes, but the rate of increase of plasma aldosterone as potassium rises in the serum is not much lower at high sodium intakes than it is at low
REGULATION POTASSIUM AND SODIUM by STEROIDS

Last edited:

MCurtone

Apr 7, 2019
Canada
Here are my bloods as of 2 weeks ago. Aldosterone high, Renin and Aldosterone ratio in balance it seems. I recently bought Celtic salt and started having some. Will update you guys on how I feel.
hshshs.png

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
I would consider that high Renin also; Atleast according to my reference ranges that I had;
I have also meassured it twice; and according to mine Renin(~40 roughly) and Aldosterone (~1350) were both high; But seeing your ref range my Renin would be normalish. I believe this was on a relativly low sodium;
On a higher relative sodium it was Renin 34 and Aldosteron 236. However, I was still losing potassium in the urine on both.
So Cortisol binding to MR is probaly more likely in my case if I am following Helen's logic.

So curious where yours will take you;

Last edited:

MCurtone

Apr 7, 2019
Canada
I would consider that high Renin also; Atleast according to my reference ranges that I had;
I have also meassured it twice; and according to mine Renin(~40 roughly) and Aldosterone (~1350) were both high; But seeing your ref range my Renin would be normalish. I believe this was on a relativly low sodium;
On a higher relative sodium it was Renin 34 and Aldosteron 236. However, I was still losing potassium in the urine on both.
So Cortisol binding to MR is probaly more likely in my case if I am following Helen's logic.

So curious where yours will take you;
Interesting. But yes, I was heavily restricting salt so of course my values would be elevated, but I feel what's important is to see the body responding correctly, rather than under or over-compensating.

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Hey thanks for the response.

I eat a tonne of meat already haha, maybe I should have some cream of tar tar ??

Trump_1776

May 5, 2018
United States
All of my issues are related to LOW SODIUM levels.

-Muscular weakness.
-Low blood pressure.
-Poor pumps in the gym.
-High serotonin symptoms.

I feel CURED on the withdrawal of Cyproheptadine... 4-5 days later.... why? Aldosterone/cortisol spike?
Licorice also helps me.

But how can I raise Aldosterone without needing licorice?

I am aware that Cortisol has minor MR activity too.

Salt Restriction Stimulates The Serotonergic System In Man
Do you get thirsty? Do you sweat or are cold?