New log, experimenting - Nina

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Cortisol is SKY HIGH, ACTH sky high aswell! Got diagnosed with NAFLD they suspect it is caused by the high cortisol levels (5’9/128lbs) doc had no clue all of this was going on in my body and we just put all the pieces together. Ceruloplasmin was LOW. Blood potassium LOW.

Besides that, i got my hormones tested and prog is high, estrogen very low, prolactin low. Neurotransmitters got tested but dont have those results yet, should be in a few days. Suspect dopamine high serotonin low. The test includes dopamine/serotonin/noradrenaline/adrenaline

The only potassium thats missing is the hair one. Conclusion that NAFLD is caused by high cortisol and telling to a client that you are putting pieces together is no wonder why whole doctors work is out of order. High cortisol doesnt looks like 'adrenal fatigue' either.

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
As i said in my last update, my liver is fucked. Apparently i had NAFLD for years due to a high sugar diet and it has progressed to NASH in my case. It also explained as to why my Mono would not go away and why i tested positive for hepatitis..

Currently on the following diet:
- keto style with IF 20/4, carbs under 20gr/day
- 2200 calories
- Some coffee daily, probably around 300mg caffeine total

Hopefully it improves. Blood tests still show folate, vit C deficiency which can be explained by fatty liver = NADPH closed down = no gluthatione = gluthatione recycles vit c and folate i guess.

Bankai900

May 27, 2019
Poland
Thought about choline?
Choline, Ostropest/Sylimarin

I wouldn't use keto to reverse fatty liver, takes way too long. Fuck 3 years of crazy on point eating. Noone can tell me keto is fun.
Waterfasting seems to do the same thing within 1-3weeks what keto can do in a year.
While being in a good(many greens) moderate/low protein keto diet, fasting for 3 days seems to give great benefits tho already. So doing maybe 3-4days once a month on keto would be huge.

Goose12

Oct 6, 2017
Cincinnati Ohio
As i said in my last update, my liver is fucked. Apparently i had NAFLD for years due to a high sugar diet and it has progressed to NASH in my case. It also explained as to why my Mono would not go away and why i tested positive for hepatitis..

- 2200 calories

Hopefully it improves. Blood tests still show folate, vit C deficiency which can be explained by fatty liver = NADPH closed down = no gluthatione = gluthatione recycles vit c and folate i guess.
Newcastle diet was developed to reverse diabetes and fatty liver. It's basically extremely low calorie. There are tons of testimonials online.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
What an update, from NAFLD to NASH, well there are two more stages, Fibrosis and Cirrosis, you are not heading that way, do you.
Despite gyms are incubator of all kinds of viruses and dirt, there is this possibility liver has snips and that prevents certain functions on the body to happen smoothly making issues here and there.

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
Choline, Ostropest/Sylimarin

I wouldn't use keto to reverse fatty liver, takes way too long. Fuck 3 years of crazy on point eating. Noone can tell me keto is fun.
Waterfasting seems to do the same thing within 1-3weeks what keto can do in a year.
While being in a good(many greens) moderate/low protein keto diet, fasting for 3 days seems to give great benefits tho already. So doing maybe 3-4days once a month on keto would be huge.
Thanks, i agree but i came across this study: https://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(18)30054-8
which states 2 weeks of keto decreased liver fat by 46% without weight loss.

I’d fast and have done it in the past but my weight currently doesn’t allow me to lose more so i stick to IF with a small eating window (4 hours max).

5-Alpha

Feb 12, 2020
How much protein do you recommend/day @Helen ? When maintaining weight. Cant seem to find a clear answer, ranges from 1gr/kg all up to 2.2/kg
I’m having the same problem right now. I’m getting answers ranging from 0.36-1 gram of protein per pound each day. I’m also getting the the more active you are and if you are trying to build or even maintain muscle the more you want but it still should still never exceed 1 gram per day and even than 1 gram per day for the long run is still probably too much.

I have no desire to count calories. I spend enough time researching health stuff so I never got into keeping track. I have been going by feel and eating as much fish, chicken and steak as I want combined with a protein drink every day. However, I just had some very basic lab work done and my urea nitrogen level was 25 mg/dL with a reference range of 7-22 mg/dL. So I’m a little over. I googled Urea nitrogen and it’s measuring kidney function.

One cause of high urea nitrogen is eating too much protein. So today for my first time ever I counted how many grams of protein I eat. After a 4 oz piece of stake, a 1.2 pound salmon, a bowl of tuna and mashed potatoes with the stake and salmon I’m up to 169.5 grams of protein for the day and this is with no protein shake and it’s without one more male that I would usually eat.

After researching this all day the 169.5 grams of protein is really the absolute max I should be eating even on a gym day and this comes out to a little more than 0.8 grams of protein times 208 (my current body weight).

But i’m no where near my recommended daily calorie. Even if I had one more piece of chicken or stake which I usually would have on top of what I already had I’m still at a calorie level that would hardly allow me to maintain my 208 pound body weight at 6 foot 5. So I’m pretty much fucked because I’m feeling border line malnourished as it is because I can’t eat anything else other than the foods I listed with out feeling like complete PFS trash. I can do some Cheerios and steamed white or brown rice besides what I already listed but even than i’m still feeling like my body gets just enough calories to get by. And now unless I want to risk permanent damage to my kidneys I need to eat less of what I’m currently eating in order to get the protein down.

Not cool my whole Diet that gets me through the day is being challenged now

Last edited:

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
@Orion i hope you’re still active. You took accutane right? My brother has started taking it and i told him dont do it but he decided to take it bc hes desperate (bad acne on back). He has crazy nosebleeds & headaches on it.. Anything i can tell him that might make him change his mind?

Orion

Oct 3, 2017
@Orion i hope you’re still active. You took accutane right? My brother has started taking it and i told him dont do it but he decided to take it bc hes desperate (bad acne on back). He has crazy nosebleeds & headaches on it.. Anything i can tell him that might make him change his mind?
Hey @Nina he can read the horror stories here: Repairing the long-term damage from Accutane it is a massive thread, accutane seems to cause issues after people stop taking it. My belief is that high vitamin A diet causes acne, by elevating retinoic acid levels to high. Accutane is just retinoic acid, but in super massive quantities, it is used in chemo therapy, so it stops acne acting like a chemo drug. But this high dose of retinoic acid, will deplete B1, B2, B12, molybdenum, etc, body waste this nutrients because it turns of the production of its own retinoic acid. Once you stop accutane, you now cannot get rid of the large amounts of stored vitamin A from previous diet that cause acne in the first place, and you go into PAS(colon issues, sleep issues, hair loss, libido loss, vision issues, major skin issues, eczema, suicide, list goes on and on...

My advice is to simply eat a very low vitamin A diet, while focusing on foods with B vitamins and molybdenum(staples; beef, rices, beans), few months should show progress and acne will improve, don't need to avoid vitamin A, just keep it extremely low, for someone young 12 months will probably do the trick.

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands

- 2200 calories

Hi Nina,

How did they test you for NAFLD? Ultrasound (Echo)? or have you gotten a Fibroscan perhaps?

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
Holy fuck. My doctor gave me 3x0.5mg xanax and i have never felt that bad in my LIFE. Never taking that shit again, horrible zombie feeling and irritable as hell. Wow