New log, experimenting - Nina

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
What is the deal with testing the reaction to those drugs, is it always a constant for some so a true conclusion could be drawn ? Is it about neurotransmitters activity ?

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
Btw, if any slow oxidizers or low cortisol people are reading my log, i recommend to cut out caffeine and everything that increases adrenaline levels. I think it might be holding you back.

I noticed since i quit caffeine completely my libido came back which was non existent for a long time.

Also increase potassium intake and maybe sodium intake. Both make me feel a lot better and stronger

Explains why i don't feel good on zinc and magnesium, both lower sodium even more.

Last edited:

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
Damn i have been getting severe hunger pangs out of nowhere when stressed. It feels like hypoglycemia but blood sugar is normal. Turn pale and get sweaty, bad mood and hungry af. Feels horrible

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
Damn i have been getting severe hunger pangs out of nowhere when stressed. It feels like hypoglycemia but blood sugar is normal. Turn pale and get sweaty, bad mood and hungry af. Feels horrible
I have/had similair experiences. Resulting in excess (cold) sweat on my head/scalp/face. When I was in the hospital and I had these at night, I requested they test my blood sugar as I was hungry during those moments. Blood sugar between 4.2 and 4.7 mmol/L during 2 measurements. They no longer wanted to test my blood sugar for the remainder of my hospital stay by stating: you are cleary not ''diabetic''.

Furthermore, the lowest I scored during one of my own measurements, roughly 1 year ago, was 2.5 mmol/L.

I remember searching other experiences and found this link back then, do you have the same?

PROFUSE SWEATING IN THE HEAD/NECK

I somehow think that either my body is very quick to react on these ''attacks'' raising stress hormones (see my hair test) or by running low on CO2 and hitting my metabolic alkalosis (Bicarb) which I can not seem to shake so far. As breathing out will worsen these moments for me.

Feb 16, 2019
Australia
Nina, is the aim for low cortisol people to raise it or keep it low...to avoid potassium wastage? I feel good on high potassium foods (Potatoes, Coconut water) but they cause bad bloating, nausea for me.

Btw, if any slow oxidizers or low cortisol people are reading my log, i recommend to cut out caffeine and everything that increases adrenaline levels. I think it might be holding you back.

I noticed since i quit caffeine completely my libido came back which was non existent for a long time.

Also increase potassium intake and maybe sodium intake. Both make me feel a lot better and stronger

Explains why i don't feel good on zinc and magnesium, both lower sodium even more.

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
Nina, is the aim for low cortisol people to raise it or keep it low...to avoid potassium wastage? I feel good on high potassium foods (Potatoes, Coconut water) but they cause bad bloating, nausea for me.
Im not sure. I assume raising cortisol from the outside will lower potassium yes and cause even lower cortisol when you get off.

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
I have/had similair experiences. Resulting in excess (cold) sweat on my head/scalp/face. When I was in the hospital and I had these at night, I requested they test my blood sugar as I was hungry during those moments. Blood sugar between 4.2 and 4.7 mmol/L during 2 measurements. They no longer wanted to test my blood sugar for the remainder of my hospital stay by stating: you are cleary not ''diabetic''.

Furthermore, the lowest I scored during one of my own measurements, roughly 1 year ago, was 2.5 mmol/L.

I remember searching other experiences and found this link back then, do you have the same?

PROFUSE SWEATING IN THE HEAD/NECK

I somehow think that either my body is very quick to react on these ''attacks'' raising stress hormones (see my hair test) or by running low on CO2 and hitting my metabolic alkalosis (Bicarb) which I can not seem to shake so far. As breathing out will worsen these moments for me.
I think for me its caused by cortisol not being high enough to support the blood sugar thus adrenaline kicks in which causes the pallor/sweating/panic feeling

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
I think for me its caused by cortisol not being high enough to support the blood sugar thus adrenaline kicks in which causes the pallor/sweating/panic feeling
Hmm, sounds plausible. This might very well be the case. Do you also happen to be parfum/deoderant sensitive (the smell) by any chance? I know this is often mentioned to be related to high nor-adrenaline levels.

Furthermore, I read that they tested you for cortisol! Which test did they perform on you? the 30 min ACTH/Syntacthen test?

Last edited:

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
Hmm, sounds plausible. This might very well be the case. Do you also happen to be parfum/deoderant sensitive (the smell) by any chance? I know this is often mentioned to be related to high noadrenaline levels.

Furthermore, I read that they tested you for cortisol! Which test did they perform on you? the 30 min ACTH/Syntacthen test?
When i 'crash' so to speak, i get sensitive to deodorant etc and can't use the spray ones and can't handle other peoples perfume either. During this time i'm also very intolerant to heat. Caffeine makes this a lot worse also.

I've done saliva, blood and urine cortisol tests no ACTH stimulation one though

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
When i 'crash' so to speak, i get sensitive to deodorant etc and can't use the spray ones and can't handle other peoples perfume either. During this time i'm also very intolerant to heat. Caffeine makes this a lot worse also.

I've done saliva, blood and urine cortisol tests no ACTH stimulation one though
This is very similair to what I experience. Except for the caffeine part, as I do not ingest that often. Hence, I can not say much about it. I am curious what your hairtest is going to show.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019
Australia
So anything used artificially to raise cortisol (Caffeine, sugar, zinc etc) will make us slow oxidisers feel good at first, but actually make us worse when we get off it? Than is the solution to let the low cortisol stay that way or focus more on the Pancreas/liver? Sorry Im trying to co-relate things.

Im not sure. I assume raising cortisol from the outside will lower potassium yes and cause even lower cortisol when you get off.

HerrFisch

Oct 7, 2017
yes
So anything used artificially to raise cortisol (Caffeine, sugar, zinc etc) will make us slow oxidisers feel good at first, but actually make us worse when we get off it? Than is the solution to let the low cortisol stay that way or focus more on the Pancreas/liver? Sorry Im trying to co-relate things.
If you want to feel good with supplementing, extra potassium probably does the trick. Maybe some extra too like electrolyte protocol.

Otherwise you need to get out of slow oxidation if you want higher cortisol. Or even normal cortisol. Depending how bad you are.

Feb 16, 2019
Australia
If you want to feel good with supplementing, extra potassium probably does the trick. Maybe some extra too like electrolyte protocol.

Otherwise you need to get out of slow oxidation if you want higher cortisol. Or even normal cortisol. Depending how bad you are.
Thanks. I heard Helen say once one should get in the middle oxidation state. But whenever I try to increase or stimulate my metabolism (Im a slow oxidiser) it feels good initially but I feel a crash and probably worse later on. Potassium in form of foods (Banana, Coconut water, white rice, Potatoes) I feel good on, but get those Candida/SIBO symptoms of bloating, fatigue, nauseasness etc. Thats why Im thinking whether my liver/gallbladder or pancreas is the root of these issues. I have just ordered some Wobenzyme and Ox bile to test myself on it, will share my results with the forum later on.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Thanks. I heard Helen say once one should get in the middle oxidation state. But whenever I try to increase or stimulate my metabolism (Im a slow oxidiser) it feels good initially but I feel a crash and probably worse later on. Potassium in form of foods (Banana, Coconut water, white rice, Potatoes) I feel good on, but get those Candida/SIBO symptoms of bloating, fatigue, nauseasness etc. Thats why Im thinking whether my liver/gallbladder or pancreas is the root of these issues. I have just ordered some Wobenzyme and Ox bile to test myself on it, will share my results with the forum later on.

what is your hairtest?

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
I agree with what @HerrFisch said. Potassium(chloride) is important and i wouldn't take any supplements to avoid fucking yourself up completely which a lot of people do (including myself).

Things that seem to increase oxidation are:
- Stress
- Exercise (especially cardio)
- Low carb intake
- High lean protein intake from meat (phosphorus)
- Avoiding calcium
- Avoiding high fat foods
- Plenty of potassium from diet or supplements. I use nosalt, which is 100% potassiumchloride and aim for 5 grams/day.
- Some extra salt usually makes me feel good especially during summer

If you do want a complete program based on your body chemistry, get a hairtest done :)