New log, experimenting - Nina

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
Decided to start a log dedicated to me experimenting with different things to improve my health. Will post results/effects here.

Been lazy for the past few weeks on summerbreak, not exercising much and sleeping way too much. Hard to find the motivation to start again really. Going back to college in February, working at a gym till then.

Current stats: F/5’9/135lbs.

My main symptoms:
- Low energy
- Muscle weakness
- Easy bruising
- Poor circulation
- Slow healing of wounds
- Swelling in face, thighs, stomach, feet
- Stressed out easily
- Low motivation for life

First things i am going to try are:
- Start keto diet to mimick water fasting
- Intermittent fasting 20/4 (fast 20 hours eat 4 hours every day)
- Drop all carbonated drinks as they cause bloating
- Increase daily sodium and potassium intake. Sodium to 8-10 grams and potassium 4 grams.
- Consistent sleep schedule & exercise routine
- Gain 5 lbs hopefully mostly muscle

Keto diet macros: 150 protein, 210 fat, carbs 10 or less. Around 2500 calories.

Intermittent fasting: eat from 6pm-10pm. Only drinking water when fasting.

Pre-workout: 200mg caffeine powder. (dropped the energy drinks & the pre workout powder i used to take) only take it before lifting so 4 times a week. Otherwise no caffeine.

Exercise: 4 times a week, upperbody/lowerbody split.
Some Numbers:
- Deadlift: 150lbs
- Squat: 130lbs
- Bench: 65lbs
- OHP: 40lbs
My upperbody is a lot weaker than lowerbody as you can see :p
Cardio: run twice a week 10k try to stay around 48-50 mins each run (or faster)

That is it. Today is first day of keto + it is lowerbody day @ gym

noprop

Feb 3, 2018
Europe
You are in the CFS sector, right?

I have EBV diagnosed as well and some other stuff.

Have you ever done High ozone Therapy against EBV?

I could not read your posts, but have you done so far re EBV in general? Have you recently tested for EBV?

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
You are in the CFS sector, right?

I have EBV diagnosed as well and some other stuff.

Have you ever done High ozone Therapy against EBV?

I could not read your posts, but have you done so far re EBV in general? Have you recently tested for EBV?
Yes, i have a CFS diagnosis & have/had EBV. I have not tried Ozone therapy, i can’t afford that.

For EBV i haven’t tried anything special i think. I tried high dose vitamin c powder for a few weeks but didn’t help much if at all. Tried a ton of supplements, high dose of minerals and vitamins but none of it helped, just made me worse in the end.

Only thing that has really helped me is water fasting. I did a 30 day water fast and i had days where i felt 100% cured of everything but it didn’t hold after the fast.

Last EBV test was a few months ago, it still shows active in my blood. Doc has no idea what to do about it

Last edited:

JasonSky

Oct 19, 2017
Los Angeles, California
how long have you been dealing with chronic fatigue? Has this been like an ongoing issue since your teens?

I feel like prior to my post drug induced problems I must have been imbalanced because I started feeling chronically fatigued as well/ started getting some acne when I turned 18, which is odd because I didn't have any acne problems at all throughout highschool/ going through puberty. For me it is likely just poor gut health, digestion.

Honestly sucks that you have to deal with this especially since you're an athlete, keep fighting to get better :)

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
how long have you been dealing with chronic fatigue? Has this been like an ongoing issue since your teens?

I feel like prior to my post drug induced problems I must have been imbalanced because I started feeling chronically fatigued as well/ started getting some acne when I turned 18, which is odd because I didn't have any acne problems at all throughout highschool/ going through puberty. For me it is likely just poor gut health, digestion.

Honestly sucks that you have to deal with this especially since you're an athlete, keep fighting to get better :)
I think its been 4 years now that i have really been fatigued. I am 21 but i think i have been imbalanced since i was a kid. Always looked sickly pale and had health and skin issues starting at age 3 or so. People always asked me if i was feeling ok. I really think i became an athlete because of this, maybe trying to balance myself without knowing it

Hmm i have never had acne issues. You took accutane or?

JasonSky

Oct 19, 2017
Los Angeles, California
I think its been 4 years now that i have really been fatigued. I am 21 but i think i have been imbalanced since i was a kid. Always looked sickly pale and had health and skin issues starting at age 3 or so. People always asked me if i was feeling ok. I really think i became an athlete because of this, maybe trying to balance myself without knowing it

Hmm i have never had acne issues. You took accutane or?
Ah I'm sorry to hear that, It's rough.

It never got bad enough to the point where I needed accutante, it was more minor than that. Have had on/off problems with some minor acne for the past 4 years now(22 now). Right now I'm pretty clear, because I've been generally supporting my digestion system with probiotics/ enzymes/ HCL. So much of acne problems are rooted in gut health aside from just teenage hormones.

My problems were from fin, first took it around 1.5 years ago, I rapidly started losing alot of hair( like handfuls coming off in the shower) and I didn't know what the fuck was going on and I freaked out. So I tried to solve it naturally with certain supplements etc. but after 3 weeks or so I went to the doctor was just like "you have MPB here's fin!" Even though I was 20 at the time. So I trusted him and took it because I was scared to lose my hair at such a young age in the middle of college, especially when my hair was always a strong-point to my looks, had long and thick hair. Then you know the story, got sides blah blah and got off and now have some PFS problems RIP.

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
Ah I'm sorry to hear that, It's rough.

It never got bad enough to the point where I needed accutante, it was more minor than that. Have had on/off problems with some minor acne for the past 4 years now(22 now). Right now I'm pretty clear, because I've been generally supporting my digestion system with probiotics/ enzymes/ HCL. So much of acne problems are rooted in gut health aside from just teenage hormones.

My problems were from fin, first took it around 1.5 years ago, I rapidly started losing alot of hair( like handfuls coming off in the shower) and I didn't know what the fuck was going on and I freaked out. So I tried to solve it naturally with certain supplements etc. but after 3 weeks or so I went to the doctor was just like "you have MPB here's fin!" Even though I was 20 at the time. So I trusted him and took it because I was scared to lose my hair at such a young age in the middle of college, especially when my hair was always a strong-point to my looks, had long and thick hair. Then you know the story, got sides blah blah and got off and now have some PFS problems RIP.
Damn that sucks, losing your hair. Kinda glad im a female now as you don’t hear of women losing their hair often, only when ill usually

mattyb

Oct 5, 2017
Nina, I have been doing a ton of EBV research lately. I know how to control the virus. I am guessing you have a mutation in the MHC Class II/HLA-DR region. Your body can't identify and present the antigen, so it's running wild. All of this started with an EBV infection, right? It's still going on.

- High dose Vitamin D (10,000-20,000iu per day, or several hours of sunlight per day) - to enhance EBV antigen presentation on b-cells and deplete extracellular calcium
- Vitamin K2 - MK4/MK7 - 500ug per day - to deplete extracellular calcium (calcium influx into cell and PKC activation necessary for EBV replication)
- Low calcium diet - to deplete extracellular calcium
- N-acetylcysteine - to control oxidative damage from latent EBV proteins, suppressing replication
- High dose vitamin C - Reduces viral load
- Low zinc diet - zinc is used by EBV for replication
- Selenium (brazil nut/day) - Reduces viral load
- Small bouts of occasional fasting for b-cell depletion (multi-day fasts, minimum three days)
- High carbohydrate diet to feed t-cell activity (t-cells are necessary for identifying antigen on b-cells and killing them to eradicate EBV)

This is the best you can do until anti-EBV autologous t-cell therapy becomes more common. Until then you just have to manage the infection. You could also try valacyclovir for a while and see how it makes you feel, but that's not a long term solution and it only stops one method of replication EBV has. Some HIV antiretrovirals may be capable in halting EBV proliferation altogether, but people still aren't sure which ones work the best. You could try a few, but that will need the help of a really really open minded doctor. Combovir right now seems like the antiretroviral most likely to take down EBV.

That long fast made you feel great because long fasts cause b-cell depletion, which kills EBV (EBV lives in b-cells). But after a while, once you got back to normal life and re-fed, all your symptoms returned. This is very typical in lots of other diseases associated with out of control EBV infections. Most people can control EBV infections, but some people have a genetic inability to control the infection because the b-cells can't present the antigen properly. This often happens to people who get EBV/mono later in life instead of during childhood who have this mutation.

noprop

Feb 3, 2018
Europe
Nina, I have been doing a ton of EBV research lately. I know how to control the virus. I am guessing you have a mutation in the MHC Class II/HLA-DR region. Your body can't identify and present the antigen, so it's running wild. All of this started with an EBV infection, right? It's still going on.

- High dose Vitamin D (10,000-20,000iu per day, or several hours of sunlight per day) - to enhance EBV antigen presentation on b-cells and deplete extracellular calcium
- Vitamin K2 - MK4/MK7 - 500ug per day - to deplete extracellular calcium (calcium influx into cell and PKC activation necessary for EBV replication)
- N-acetylcysteine - to control oxidative damage from latent EBV proteins, suppressing replication
- Small bouts of occasional fasting for b-cell depletion (multi-day fasts, minimum three days)
- High carbohydrate diet to feed t-cell activity (t-cells are necessary for identifying antigen on b-cells and killing them to eradicate EBV)

This is the best you can do until anti-EBV autologous t-cell therapy becomes more common. Until then you just have to manage the infection. You could also try valacyclovir for a while and see how it makes you feel, but that's not a long term solution and it only stops one method of replication EBV has. Some HIV antiretrovirals may be capable in halting EBV proliferation altogether, but people still aren't sure which ones work the best. You could try a few, but that will need the help of a really really open minded doctor. Combovir right now seems like the antiretroviral most likely to take down EBV.

That long fast made you feel great because long fasts cause b-cell depletion, which kills EBV (EBV lives in b-cells). But after a while, once you got back to normal life and re-fed, all your symptoms returned. This is very typical in lots of other diseases associated with out of control EBV infections. Most people can control EBV infections, but some people have a genetic inability to control the infection because the b-cells can't present the antigen properly. This often happens to people who get EBV/mono later in life instead of during childhood who have this mutation.
Very cool! I tested ALA - it gives you energy for the mytochondria. I have pfs and fucked up TSH, mono and mytochondrial problems AS well. So, trying some stuff.
High ozone therapy is what I need but not cheap (one setting 350-450 Euro.) Will See...

noprop

Feb 3, 2018
Europe
Yes, i have a CFS diagnosis & have/had EBV. I have not tried Ozone therapy, i can’t afford that.

For EBV i haven’t tried anything special i think. I tried high dose vitamin c powder for a few weeks but didn’t help much if at all. Tried a ton of supplements, high dose of minerals and vitamins but none of it helped, just made me worse in the end.

Only thing that has really helped me is water fasting. I did a 30 day water fast and i had days where i felt 100% cured of everything but it didn’t hold after the fast.

Last EBV test was a few months ago, it still shows active in my blood. Doc has no idea what to do about it
You could maybe join the pfs group as there are many information also for General health. Hair Mineral and stool testing could be very important. Not expensive. I unfort.know what CFS is AS I have it beside pfs symptoms. I even wasnt able to stand in the train for longer than five minutes without falling on the floor. I somehow came a bit out oft it.
I made very good experience with intermittent fasting and carboloading, ALA and gluthathione IV. Oral intake is also okay, but must be done regurarely.
In the pfs sector there are guys who beat CFS, Lyme etc. beside having devastating issues like insomnia and anhedonia if I remember well. You could ASK them and Helen (huge knowledge). 4years are a very long time. So, dont hesitate to ASK there for help. You will get it for sure. You are too young to suffer from that bullshit.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017

I can share my experience since I had lymphoma which is EBV.

The best things to take off viral load was ozone.

Virus completely goes away upon glutathione reestablishment. Fighting the virus itself is a dead end.

I think Nina has low oxygen delivery since B2 is low. b2 also will increase glutathione. and this will end the virus. there is zero reason to fight the virus. it is impossible. Her CFS is not about the virus. It is about very slow oxidation rate.

May be b1 or b2 loading will get rid of all of this. just like in fibromalgia.

the less you eat carbs the less lactic acid you create. that is why she felt better during the fast. Virus cant not die during the fast. especially not a long fast.

As soon as Nitric oxide goes online. all viruses will be dead. and nitric oxide cant go online without FAD. or napdh or bh4

I had lymphoma which is EBV and I fought it with NO. that is the only thing that was killing viral replication. I had crazy outbreaks while improving NO , but the viral load was getting weaker and weaker

And actually calcium was also killing it. for some reason. I guess in lymphoma you get very high uric acid and lactate. and calcium is used as a buffer. This is why it can get really high in blood.

I think fasting is not good for lymphoma and viruses. Fasting is good for bacterial infections which I also had , I had staph infection along with viral infection.

Fasting puts you into acidic state and lowers glutahtione recycling which viruses like. Fasting is amazing for bacterial infections. but I would not rec it for viral. MY viral load always grew on fasting especially after the refeed. I suspect it was some kind of refeed syndrome. where my fad and Napdh went even lower than before

high carb diet is questionable, if her oxidation is non existant. this will create more lactic acid and more viral replication.

I dont know for some reason I felt very bad on k2. and vitamin D .For some reason these 2 vitamins were the worst for me. I guess I was riboflavin deficient. Since these 2 are controlled by FAD enzymes.

Although I do agree with you that viral entry into the cell is calcium dependant. So these were weird reactions.

I think all these studies on EBV look at the immediate results and the breakouts. of EBV, and I look at these studies myself and I see what they are talking about, but it is complete opposite of what I was doing and what was helping me.

What I figured out, is that VIRUS= zero NO. You increase NO= zero virus. And when you start increasing NO= you get virus activation always and people freak out and think virus is growing, but it is not, it is hurting..

Garlic and beets were great for me.( increase NO)

Lymphomas are actually the cancers that can be treated with chemo. And have very high cure rate by using chemo.And what is chemo , chemo basically inhibits acetylcholinesterase. like a nerve gas.

Sulphoraphane does the same. This is why could be used for treating lymphoma or Ebvs.

In lymphomas and other EBV you run really low on thiamine. and there is often lactic acidosis. calcium is used to buffer it .

This is why if you fast for lymphoma you can get encephalopathy A Therapeutic Fast for Lymphoma Resulting in Wernicke Encephalopathy - ScienceDirect

@mattyb Nina looks like she is creating lactic acid, and that is why when she stays away from carbs she does better since there is no oxygen delivery in the cell, possibly she is anemic

Last edited:

noprop

Feb 3, 2018
Europe
So supplementing b1, B2, gluthatione, sulforaphane and even calcium and not doing a fast would be the right path, in order getting NO. What ozone therapy beside high dose therapy?
What sides did you get on NO activation re virus outbreak?

Anything else?
What do you recommend re the dosage? Thx man!

Last edited:

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
So supplementing b1, B2, gluthatione, sulforaphane and even calcium and not doing a fast would be the right path, in order getting NO. Anything else?
What do you recommend re the dosage? Thx man!
I had lymphoma and shared my experience with it. I did things for my metabolism . I have no idea why people would try to replicate things , you could be in a totally different situation.
I fasted so much it is not even funny. Since i had many bacterial infections. I did tons of ozone. Fasting did not help my lymphoma , actually I had it spread after fasting. But fasting helped bacterial infections.
I did not do glutathione. I did not do calcium. I said that calcium was helping. but it was slowing down my oxidation rate. SO I felt slow while taking it.

Thiamine loading( B vitamins) , sulphoraphane , ozone. electrolytes

Ozone I just bought a cheap plastic device. and took baths with it while breathing ozone. It did not affect my lungs . You can also use the same device and drink water with it. You dont have to do crazy ozone expensive therapies, This is very cheap, just buy a plastic device.

To get rid of viral load and lymphoma and EBV I saw many people with amazing success just use H202 in orange juice.

Just one month on H2O2 in orange juice. I saw people get rid of 15-20 lymphoma tumors and all the stone like lymph nodes got back to normal

JasonSky

Oct 19, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Damn that sucks, losing your hair. Kinda glad im a female now as you don’t hear of women losing their hair often, only when ill usually
Then once I took fin the hair-loss stopped, and is halted right now. Most people couldn't tell at all that I've experienced any hairloss. But yeah now I don't even care too much about the hair anymore, just want optimal health tbh.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Is it a bad idea for me to take K2 supplement in pfs? I started taking K2, vitamin d, calcium citrate and magnesium to fight bone loss from pfs.

I believe the vitamin b to be a big contributer to heal us. I had intense pain in my hands and wrists for about a year or more. NOTHING was working for me. I started taking 200mg of B2 and B6 per day and the pain stopped, but i don't know if I'll regain bone mass in hands and wrists.
what does PFS have to do with this thread?

Vitamin B2 is the what recycles vitamin K in the body. vitamin K will not exist without b2.

Same as vitamin D , does not exist without B2. Since it is b2 which makes it work. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) is needed to process vitamin D – March 2014 | Vitamin D Wiki

Sometimes it is good to lower B2 to create oxidative stress, this is why feeding vitamit D and vitamin K will cause oxidative stress and in some cases it is good to kill the infection.

Ingeno

May 18, 2018
London
@Helen I feel like total shit on vitamin K2 and vitamin D. I always thought it was because both lowered estrogen and I was in a low estrogen state, but perhaps I was B2 deficient all the time. So much information on this forum, it is becoming a maze.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
@mattyb

I like your research on EBV. and I would like to be involved in the discussions and research of this stuff also.

The funny part about all of this is that in Russia if people get herpes outbreaks or herpes infection. You know what is the first thing they are doing?

Injections of hot shots. Hot shot is calcium chloride. After calcium chloride injections people forget what herpes is .

I am not sure how it works. but it does.

May be slow oxidizers have low levels of ionized calcium. And actually lose all the calcium from the cell, since the oxidation rate is so slow the body is trying to keep it higher and loses calcium and magnesium . This is why we see calcium high on the hairtest.

I did read all these studies which say that ionized calcium increased the viral entrace and so on. But We see the exact opposite treatment in russia.

It is something to think about.

Usual procedure is , if you have herpes outbreaks and herpes infection, you get a course of 5 shots in 5 day of calcium chloride into the vein. And you forget about virus for years

This is why H2O2 by increasing oxygen delivery increases oxidation and this causes ionized calcium to go up in the cell, which kills the virus.?
Involvement of intracellular free Ca2+ in enhanced release of herpes simplex virus by hydrogen peroxide

So from this article we see it is not about calcium , but about increasing oxidation rate and H202 production. which then increases calcium in the cell and this kills the virus

I mean it does makes sense that all the vitamin K and vitamin D enzymes are FAD dependant. Fad increases the oxidation rate. and thus vitamin D is increased to retain calcium. Same as as oxidation rate increases vitamin K2 for extra clotting and repair.

Oxidation rate is the oxygen delivery. plus sugar handling. So usually the problem in these 2.

Last edited:

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
I can share my experience since I had lymphoma which is EBV.

The best things to take off viral load was ozone.

Virus completely goes away upon glutathione reestablishment. Fighting the virus itself is a dead end.

I think Nina has low oxygen delivery since B2 is low. b2 also will increase glutathione. and this will end the virus. there is zero reason to fight the virus. it is impossible. Her CFS is not about the virus. It is about very slow oxidation rate.

May be b1 or b2 loading will get rid of all of this. just like in fibromalgia.

the less you eat carbs the less lactic acid you create. that is why she felt better during the fast. Virus cant not die during the fast. especially not a long fast.

As soon as Nitric oxide goes online. all viruses will be dead. and nitric oxide cant go online without FAD. or napdh or bh4

I had lymphoma which is EBV and I fought it with NO. that is the only thing that was killing viral replication. I had crazy outbreaks while improving NO , but the viral load was getting weaker and weaker

And actually calcium was also killing it. for some reason. I guess in lymphoma you get very high uric acid and lactate. and calcium is used as a buffer. This is why it can get really high in blood.

I think fasting is not good for lymphoma and viruses. Fasting is good for bacterial infections which I also had , I had staph infection along with viral infection.

Fasting puts you into acidic state and lowers glutahtione recycling which viruses like. Fasting is amazing for bacterial infections. but I would not rec it for viral. MY viral load always grew on fasting especially after the refeed. I suspect it was some kind of refeed syndrome. where my fad and Napdh went even lower than before

high carb diet is questionable, if her oxidation is non existant. this will create more lactic acid and more viral replication.

I dont know for some reason I felt very bad on k2. and vitamin D .For some reason these 2 vitamins were the worst for me. I guess I was riboflavin deficient. Since these 2 are controlled by FAD enzymes.

Although I do agree with you that viral entry into the cell is calcium dependant. So these were weird reactions.

I think all these studies on EBV look at the immediate results and the breakouts. of EBV, and I look at these studies myself and I see what they are talking about, but it is complete opposite of what I was doing and what was helping me.

What I figured out, is that VIRUS= zero NO. You increase NO= zero virus. And when you start increasing NO= you get virus activation always and people freak out and think virus is growing, but it is not, it is hurting..

Garlic and beets were great for me.( increase NO)

Lymphomas are actually the cancers that can be treated with chemo. And have very high cure rate by using chemo.And what is chemo , chemo basically inhibits acetylcholinesterase. like a nerve gas.

Sulphoraphane does the same. This is why could be used for treating lymphoma or Ebvs.

In lymphomas and other EBV you run really low on thiamine. and there is often lactic acidosis. calcium is used to buffer it .

This is why if you fast for lymphoma you can get encephalopathy A Therapeutic Fast for Lymphoma Resulting in Wernicke Encephalopathy - ScienceDirect

@mattyb Nina looks like she is creating lactic acid, and that is why when she stays away from carbs she does better
I know you say i am a (very) slow oxidizer BUT how is that possible? Im 21 and have been an athlete most of my life. Also i took zinc and magnesium, potassium, vitamin c, high dose b complex for almost 2 years and never felt any different on it. Those are things that would improve slow oxidation

I cant tolerate calcium or potassium at the moment, i think i am in acidosis. Very slow breathing rate when not working out. Explains why zinc/magnesium didnt help either.

I did keto for a long time awhile ago which helps me but doesn’t *fix* me. Feels better than eating carbs still though. Carbs make me dead tired & bloated.

Only time i feel normal is when taking a stimulant.

Last edited:

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
I know you say i am a (very) slow oxidizer BUT how is that possible? Im 21 and have been an athlete most of my life. Also i took zinc and magnesium, potassium, vitamin c, high dose b complex for almost 2 years and never felt any different on it. Those are things that would improve slow oxidation

I cant tolerate calcium or potassium at the moment, i think i am in acidosis. Very slow breathing rate when not working out. Explains why zinc/magnesium didnt help either.

I did keto for a long time awhile ago which helps me but doesn’t *fix* me. Feels better than eating carbs still though. Carbs make me dead tired & bloated.

Only time i feel normal is when taking a stimulant.
where is your hairtest?

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
where is your hairtest?
Calcium sodium little higher than magnesium potassium

I also have some bloodtests which show slow clotting and low platelet count. Electrolytes are normal in blood and serum. Folate deficiency in blood as well as vitamin c and d. Enlarged liver, elevated liver enzymes.

I got very high zinc levels in blood also when i was taking zinc supps.

9A5BAD65-C642-4230-8119-468E5CEB7DCB.jpeg