Mini-Me's Log

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
@HerrFisch
Are you referring to which ARL supplements I bought?
@HerrFisch
Megapan
Endo-Dren
GB-3
Paramin
Endo-Pan

I stopped taking ARL a while ago. Since my RU incident I’ve been working with a doc who currently has me on a methylation protocol based on all of my lab work and 23 And Me results.

HerrFisch

Oct 7, 2017
yes
One of each, 3x per day...breakfast, lunch and dinner I believe. Except for the Megapan which was 2 capsules at each meal for a total of 6 per day.
Thanks,

you could be too low on potassium or even iron.

They gave you quite a lot of Chromium which lowers K by a lot. And a lot of b5.
Zinc, Mag, Calcium, B5, B1 methyfolate, pectin all iron antagonists.

You could think about doing a retest without supplement suggestions (is cheaper) too see what happened after your supps and whats wrong. If you want.
You are long off your supplements, so you could do a good test now.
You did not use any hormone or else the last month right?

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
Thanks,

you could be too low on potassium or even iron.

They gave you quite a lot of Chromium which lowers K by a lot. And a lot of b5.
Zinc, Mag, Calcium, B5, B1 methyfolate, pectin all iron antagonists.

You could think about doing a retest without supplement suggestions (is cheaper) too see what happened after your supps and whats wrong. If you want.
You are long off your supplements, so you could do a good test now.
You did not use any hormone or else the last month right?
I used RU for three days, not in the last month though. I think that was back in Sep or Oct. currently I am on a methylation protocol...started with methylated B12 and B6, the added TMG, and now recently added SAM-e. I have significant scalp issues and am using a corticosteroid solution on my scalp two times daily.

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
Hi everyone. Just thought I’d share an update on my condition. Things progressively worsen unfortunately. My scalp is even oilier with even more acne/swelling/open sores etc. The scalp is literally covered with sores. It is disgusting and very painful yet at the same time extremely itchy. And obviously very embarrassing. The dermatologist is absolutely dumbfounded and has no idea what to do with me because my scalp has not responded favorably to any treatment so far. So now I have nowhere to turn. Not sure what to do now.

To say I’m depressed would be an understatement. I’m at my lowest low and thinking worse case scenario.

That RU destroyed my hair follicles and fucked up my hormone receptors somehow. It’s not just the scalp either. It’s my face too, though not as bad.

That’s all for now. I continue to pray for a cure for everyone on this site.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
International Waters - Whaling
www.youtube.com
I agree. If during crash I knew (not just reading but actually knowing) , how much Fasting (not for all) and TEI could help me mentally... I'd have saved a significant amount of hardship. I didn't know I could come out of the worst phases and luckily/through diligence I did. I have to remind myself how good TEI is. Still helps a lot for mental. For instance, I have a pretty bad temper........ basically gone on TEI. Even just a couple days, most symptoms of a couple non pfs issues (which are pretty severe) are gone. I will get retested soon. Not placebo, I've tested (a fair number of noots, drugs, meds, vodkas etc).

Like I have 5-6months of my first hair test supply. A couple days on - no inhalers needed, and I worked out 6-7 days most of the last 48-50+ weeks. (Not right now, due to injury).

I think if I ever feel extremely down again, like life won't work out, or like I did in crash, I'll get on TEI - as a first priority. Like before seeing a doctor, before analyzing everything, I'll just do that. I only mention fasting above, because both of these had very fast effects in comparison to other things that either strongly helped or did not help as much. In this set of other things that helped, there's a subset that did not work exceedingly fast and hence they are unlike Fasting and TEI in that regard.

There is probably a lot going on for you, Minimi and I am not going to say it will work for this and that and everything.
But consider this: I had 4-5 major things written (not that the supps change as per that), and it helped 4/5 of those on day 1. --1/5 were PFS.

--(one or two may not be "major", but things like asthma).

--ALSO I doubted TEI like a lot. --> Like I thought it was ridiculous. I actually thought it could potentially make mood/adhd significantly worse or make insomnia unbareable. I am not sure exactly what I thought the worst case possible scenario would be, but ....... I'm glad that did not occur.

-If in doubt research the chemical properties of what's recommended for you. For me , I found B and Mg helpful and studies showing why... and other things.
--also like PCT I used has Mg and ashwagandha and B vitamins, which slow, are pro testosterone, and also anti prolactin, respectively.
--I found other evidence like that for TEI.
_Sure I found "evidence" against it. BUT* that same source or sources of evidence against it are people that I could talk circles around for and against their prescribed drugs and people that know no better and in fact worse than I do, in terms of what helps me in health and what does just the opposite.

--Seeing value in using trace elements isn't the same as thinking all modern medicine does is kill people.
--_Trying random drugs and just using Webmd is also bad. ---but there's no reason your health journey has to end here, regardless how it "feels" like.
--it isn't real. Not to sound crass. I was pretty fucked up nearly a year straight, after basically sorting out most my life (enough at least), at long last... So I empathize with your situation.

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3135478/pdf/2532.pdf

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/canres/69/19/7587.full.pdf

Hair follicle aging is driven by transepidermal elimination of stem cells via COL17A1 proteolysis

Just returned from the dermatologists. They are absolutely baffled by my hair loss and deteriorating scalp condition. Next step is a scalp biopsy so they can see what’s going on under the skin. So far my scalp/hair has not responded to anti-bacteria or anti-fungal treatments, anti-inflammatory treatments, or extremely strong steroids.

Can someone smart enough to understand science lab reports check out the attached links and let me know if this supports my theory that RU caused my scalp conditions and rapid hair loss? I could swear I read somewhere that RU destroys the hair bulge and/or stem cells that are necessary to start the hair growing process. I’m sure most on this site can read and understand these types of articles. I cannot. I used to...but not since my crash as my brain simply doesn’t work like it once did. Anyway, copying @Helen but I’m open and grateful to receive feedback from anyone.

Thanks

Admiral

Dec 12, 2017
Holland
Lots of stories on propeciahelp and solvepfs where people lose their hair on progesterone, hence I never dared to touch it. Reading up on your story it sounds more complicated, though.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3135478/pdf/2532.pdf

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/canres/69/19/7587.full.pdf

Hair follicle aging is driven by transepidermal elimination of stem cells via COL17A1 proteolysis

Just returned from the dermatologists. They are absolutely baffled by my hair loss and deteriorating scalp condition. Next step is a scalp biopsy so they can see what’s going on under the skin. So far my scalp/hair has not responded to anti-bacteria or anti-fungal treatments, anti-inflammatory treatments, or extremely strong steroids.

Can someone smart enough to understand science lab reports check out the attached links and let me know if this supports my theory that RU caused my scalp conditions and rapid hair loss? I could swear I read somewhere that RU destroys the hair bulge and/or stem cells that are necessary to start the hair growing process. I’m sure most on this site can read and understand these types of articles. I cannot. I used to...but not since my crash as my brain simply doesn’t work like it once did. Anyway, copying @Helen but I’m open and grateful to receive feedback from anyone.

Thanks

MInimi

I would check your potassium

progesterone, and all folic acid components,

also chromium

usually hair is grown with folinic acid, but for that you need NADPH.

Check your folic acid metabolism.

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
MInimi

I would check your potassium

progesterone, and all folic acid components,

also chromium

usually hair is grown with folinic acid, but for that you need NADPH.

Check your folic acid metabolism.
@Helen
I realize now RU resulted in a skin issue...perhaps not necessarily a hair issue. I believe the hair loss is simply a symptom of the skin inflammation. So I was curious to get your thoughts on what RU may have done to my skin. I think it has something to do with the receptors and blocking certain hormones but not really sure. Still very surprised that my body reacted to such a tiny dose while others can take much much larger doses without any issues.
It’s as if RU is still in my system causing havoc but my doc says that can’t be the case...besides my hormone levels are all good.
Just was curious if you have any other theories.
Thanks

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
So my general doctor was totally astonished at my physical exam last week. Genitals have atrophied away to nothing. I’m like a new born baby. “Shrinkage” isn’t even the right word for it anymore.

So he ordered blood labs of course and was very eager to see the results as he was expecting hormones to be significantly out of range. He was stunned when the results came in because it turns out virtually everything is in the normal range. Even my estrogen was perfect, which it had always been extremely high before. 3 days on very low dosages of RU forced estrogen down. How/why did it do that? And I only got negative benefits from RU. At least before the high estrogen was preventing me from hair loss.

Anyway, the doc is pissed (like me of course) because there is absolutely nothing wrong with my hormone levels or anything else per the labs. Nothing in the blood work justifies the torture I’m going through. Everything is in range with the exception of vitamin D, which is low, and bilirubin which is high (Gilbert’s Syndrome).

Scheduling a visit with a functional medicine doctor but I’ve been down this road a couple times already. Nothing has done any good for me as far as “shrinkage” is concerned. I know I’m just throwing more money down the drain.

Life fucking sucks ass.

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
Sorry to hear @Minime , all you can do is keep fighting. Life is chaos, you might get lucky around the corner unexpectedly

Have you tried other tests like essential aminos, DNA, stool, that sorta thing?

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
Sorry to hear @Minime , all you can do is keep fighting. Life is chaos, you might get lucky around the corner unexpectedly

Have you tried other tests like essential aminos, DNA, stool, that sorta thing?
Yes I did all those tests a few years ago. Went through methylation protocol with a functional med doctor, along with “fixing” the HPA, neurotransmitters and adrenals. It’s just been a constant consistent slow death of my genitals.

I’m going to try another functional med doc because my gut is doing really bad lately. He/she can hopefully fix my gut, but I’m not getting my hopes up about my genitals.

I ordered the herbs that @Boris recently posted about so I’ll trial that for a bit. Also may try the Wilking protocol since the functional med doc has a four month waiting list.

Thinking about trying TRT.