Mini-Me's Log

Orion

Oct 3, 2017
@Orion Thanks for the advice. I have not looked into Accutane toxicity in depth but I recall reading that Accutane is a synthetic form of vitamin A and it does not get absorbed by the liver like pure vitamin A. It seems like the body would have rid itself of it by now as it was a very long time ago that I took Accutane. Still, I have a feeling that you’re correct and I’m going to need to detox at some point.
I’ve done very short-term fasts (4 days or less) but no long-term fasts. I don’t see long term fasts as an option anytime soon given my work schedule. But at some point I would like to do a long fast.
I’ve never done a liver flush because the whole idea scares me and makes me very nervous.
I will look into avoiding vitamin A in my diet. Is there a toxicity test I can take to see if I have an issue?
Accutane is not synthetic, it is a just the mirror image molecule of real retinoic acid, so it was patented. So yes the body does absorb it and store it, in liver, fat, throughout the body. Hence you will not start to heal until it is depleted from protective storage. And accutane is given in massive amounts, it has to go into protective storage, and when your diet contains beta-carotene and other per-formed retinoids, it stays in storage. It is quite easy to get 1000iu's of vitamin A on a regular diet, so accutane stays in storage.

Here are two live flushes that you can try, I have done 18 of the first and will attempt the salt-less one next week, and report how that goes.

Liver Gallbladder Flush

Liver Cleanse without Epsom Salts By Sabrina Reber

tanedout

Oct 17, 2017
Accutane is not synthetic, it is a just the mirror image molecule of real retinoic acid, so it was patented. So yes the body does absorb it and store it, in liver, fat, throughout the body. Hence you will not start to heal until it is depleted from protective storage. And accutane is given in massive amounts, it has to go into protective storage, and when your diet contains beta-carotene and other per-formed retinoids, it stays in storage. It is quite easy to get 1000iu's of vitamin A on a regular diet, so accutane stays in storage.

Here are two live flushes that you can try, I have done 18 of the first and will attempt the salt-less one next week, and report how that goes.

Liver Gallbladder Flush

Thing is though, some people get all the sides from 1 pill. I don't think it follows that the more you took, the more you have in you, and you need to expel it.

I only took 10mg/day for a month and still have full-on sides 9 years on. That said I think liver flushes are a great idea, and something I plan to get back on with in future (especially the newer method which doesn't involve taking a bucket of epsom salts!)

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Thing is though, some people get all the sides from 1 pill. I don't think it follows that the more you took, the more you have in you, and you need to expel it.

I only took 10mg/day for a month and still have full-on sides 9 years on. That said I think liver flushes are a great idea, and something I plan to get back on with in future (especially the newer method which doesn't involve taking a bucket of epsom salts!)
I just feel like it creates imbalance where body stores vitamin a and not actual accutane at unhealthy levels. So while accutane isn’t present at all anymore (9 years later obviously), there is still crazy high abnormal level of vitamin a in liver.

Kind of like with pfs where Finasteride is now filling void of progesterone in some cases. So instead of progesterone you now have Finasteride which piles up.

I don’t know if I’m right or wrong but that’s my understanding of it.

Last edited:

Orion

Oct 3, 2017

Not sure how one day of high dose vitamin A would cause all long term issues, unless the person was saturated with vitamin A to begin with, but I don't doubt it could happen, everyone is different.

10mg accutane roughly equates to 400,000iu vitamin A per day in its pure activated retinoic acid form, taking this for a month equals very large storage issues.

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
I was gonna kill myself. Fasting stopped that. Shrinkage like 33% one way, 20+% (I don't know, a lot lets say) another way. --- Fasting HELPED that. Didn't just fix it in one night.
Gotta go for broke, regardless.
@MNK99 did you go water only or Breuss? For how long? Glad you’re still around man

Minime

Oct 4, 2017

Liver Gallbladder Flush

@Orion Thanks for the links! I will read up on these options.

Minime

Oct 4, 2017

@tanedout so you’ve performed liver flushes already but still have all the sides? Did you see any benefit to the flushes you did?
For me, I don’t know which sides to attribute to Accutane and which to attribute to Finasteride. Pretty sure my eye problems are from the Accutane.

tanedout

Oct 17, 2017
@tanedout so you’ve performed liver flushes already but still have all the sides? Did you see any benefit to the flushes you did?
For me, I don’t know which sides to attribute to Accutane and which to attribute to Finasteride. Pretty sure my eye problems are from the Accutane.
I did one, but I didn't get any stones out. That was a few years ago before this forum was created. Now I'm more convinced that the potential benefits are real, so I plan to do more. There is no doubt about bile flow issues, and it seems they're a particular issue with PAS. Helen talks about bile flow in this protocol, and it makes a lot of sense;

Hackstasis Wiki

I would look at TUDCA too. That has been shown to be effective at clearing bile backed up in the liver, so it could result in some of the same benefits, and might even be worth running prior to a liver flush so you get all the backed up bile loosened up a bit more

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
International Waters - Whaling
www.youtube.com
Tried breuss. FINE... does a good job but wasn't fast enough. And others around me who know nothing, wanted me to just get better and make money immediately or to yell at me about some other nonsense, so water was better. I did do breuss actually didn't even remember, but SWITCHED to purely water, after that in nov or december or so (and then drinks in dec). Jan 6 on only water (last year). Again many attempts, probably breuss above 2 weeks too. But why count ok things, just count things that made a MAJOR difference, and it was past now. In future, I'll water fast and have been throughout 2018 when I got sick with something else (occasionally). Or just to cut/ detox.

I needed a new year to do it away from people's nonsense and just show them, thanks to no one (there), I'm way better.

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
I did one, but I didn't get any stones out. That was a few years ago before this forum was created. Now I'm more convinced that the potential benefits are real, so I plan to do more. There is no doubt about bile flow issues, and it seems they're a particular issue with PAS. Helen talks about bile flow in this protocol, and it makes a lot of sense;

Hackstasis Wiki

I would look at TUDCA too. That has been shown to be effective at clearing bile backed up in the liver, so it could result in some of the same benefits, and might even be worth running prior to a liver flush so you get all the backed up bile loosened up a bit more
@tanedout just curious when you’re planning to try liver flushes again. I’m considering giving it a go but not sure when that will be yet.

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
Update: Well, I really don’t know wtf RU did to me but something is really messed up in my skin. I mentioned the horrific hair loss and messed up scalp...well now my face is getting worse. Really bad acne. I haven’t had acne in so long. It’s getting bad and it is not responding to acne cream at all.

Either my glucocorticoid receptors or my progesterone receptors (or both) are messed up I think.

I was thinking perhaps it is the diflucan, but I’m pretty sure the acne started before I started taking diflucan.

Anyway, that’s where I’m at. Still considerably depressed as I don’t see any improvement at all. Just a progressive downward spiral as things keep getting worse.

I will probably try liver flushes and then a fast but first I want to get throug this methylation protocol my doctor has me on.

tanedout

Oct 17, 2017
@tanedout just curious when you’re planning to try liver flushes again. I’m considering giving it a go but not sure when that will be yet.
Yeah almost certainly, but not yet. I'm currently taking Tudca and there is absolutely no doubt this helps the liver (was having issues eating fat, and pains in the liver/gb area - both much reduced after a week taking Tudca)

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
International Waters - Whaling
www.youtube.com
  • Deleted by MNK99
Show…

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
@Minime

Did you ever do a hairtest?
Maybe your body is getting rid of something.

edit. found it ^^
@HerrFisch
I was doing ARL before I took a small dose of RU and sent my life spiraling down. I’m still trying to get my health back from the impact of RU. So far no luck. It just gets worse. Severe skin and hair (loss of hair) issues are the primary concern, particularly on the face, neck and scalp. Severe dandruff, eczema, acne, swelling, itching...it’s absolutely insane how my body has reacted. And it’s not a temporary thing it appears. I really f’d up myself.