Manu's Log

manu

Dec 9, 2017
Europe
Got my results from ARL.
So my manganese has more than doubled again and is now in optimal range.
Pretty funny if you compare this to my first hair test. They are almost equal except manganese is now in range.
Since this hair test looks valid and since I have all the supplements already at home, I will follow the program and see how I feel.
If I feel as horrible as on last cycle then I will quit and run LDN. Presumed my LDN arrives...

So it took me 1 year to get manganese in range!
Let's get copper and zinc in range please!

1.png
2.png

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
Got my results from ARL.
So my manganese has more than doubled again and is now in optimal range.
Pretty funny if you compare this to my first hair test. They are almost equal except manganese is now in range.
Since this hair test looks valid and since I have all the supplements already at home, I will follow the program and see how I feel.
If I feel as horrible as on last cycle then I will quit and run LDN. Presumed my LDN arrives...

So it took me 1 year to get manganese in range!
Let's get copper and zinc in range please!

View attachment 2124
View attachment 2125
Just my .02, but you might be a good candidate for the newer B12/Moly/Iodine/Selenium protocol that @Helen posted and @bruschi11 and others are running. You have very low selenium and moly. Would be better if you knew your B12 and Iodine numbers as well.

HerrFisch

Oct 7, 2017
yes
Result looks pretty good to me. Sorry to hear that you still feel awful.

Do you mind telling me the amount of manganese you were taking? Or whats your guess on how or why your manganese did improve?
Manganese is a big "?" in my case. I could not increase it once. Declining ever since.
I wonder if it has to do with the liver. Maybe choline even.
Do you often use choline suppe?

Last edited:

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Just my .02, but you might be a good candidate for the newer B12/Moly/Iodine/Selenium protocol that @Helen posted and @bruschi11 and others are running. You have very low selenium and moly. Would be better if you knew your B12 and Iodine numbers as well.
Yes you are absolutely depleted of both of these.

manu

Dec 9, 2017
Europe
@Walker Yea I tought about this also. But I was on a similar protocol many years ago (as posted in the functional b2 thread).
I could not tolerate selenium. I get freaking cold. I think my selenium is low on purpose because it would increase active thyroid hormones and therefore oxidative stress. My body is unable to cope with this much oxidative stress. I can tell you if I drink a glass of coke my veins feel like they dissipate from overwhelming oxidative stress.
But maybe I can get a b12 test and look into this functional b2 deficiency theory again.
I appreciate your input!

@HerrFisch Well I was on 1/3 of the dosage for about a month. Which is about 500% RDA of manganese.
In total about 1-2 weeks on 2/3 of the dosage. Which is about 1000% RDA manganese.
And only a few days on the full dosage 1500% RDA because it destroyed me.
I remember we have talked about this before. It appears to me as if ARL prioritizes manganese even over zinc and copper. I think they will work on copper and zinc now. Apparently zinc first then copper.
You are using TEI iirc maybe they have different priorities and work on other things first.
I think manganese gets depleted when body is in catabolism because it is used up in urea cycle to get rid of ammonia. Do you have high cortisol?
At least Helen once mentioned this.
I have never taken choline supplements because I get huge depression from choline (eg phosphatidylserin, lecithin, etc.) because it increases acetylcholine.
I don't think my liver is in good shape honestly but who knows.
I hope it helps you but don't take my word for anything - I don't know anything about this honestly.

Bankai900

May 27, 2019
Poland
Yes they have different absolute values but most ratios are the same afaik. See: Reverse log
Give a conclusion what's better/worse after this year, even if minor things please^^

manu

Dec 9, 2017
Europe
@Bankai900
Better:
- Energy levels are better I don't crash anymore
- My varicose veins are a little bit better not cured
- Athletes foot little bit better not cured
- Excessive sweating maybe little bit better we will see in summer

Worse:
- I'm always cold. Temperature tolerance got worse
- Depression worse
- Anxiety worse
- Brain fog and short term memory worse

Unchanged:
- Chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polypnosis and anosmia (no sense of smell)
- Fungal skin issue on inside of legs
- Tooth decay
- Bad sugar intake tolerance

I certainly missed some things but who cares.

@sanka I would think so, yes!

manu

Dec 9, 2017
Europe
@HerrFisch Sorry I have to correct that. My brain was not working. I actually took choline supplements. I took gal plus (which is similar to GB3) and also GB3 sometimes. Both have choline in them. But I didn't take it consistently because it made me worse.
But maybe it is necessary for manganese to get absorbed as you suggested.
No idea.

manu

Dec 9, 2017
Europe
I started on last two days with 1/3 of the dosage because I feared it will knock me out again, I will get sick again with countless endless horrible sleepless nights and I will have to go on cortisone and antihistamines again.
FUCK THAT!
I will go on the full dosage no matter what.
Either it knocks me out or it pushes me out of this state.

manu

Dec 9, 2017
Europe
Funny that I am on the same supplements as on my first cycle. It's just GB3 instead of Betaine HCL.
Unfunny that I am experiencing the same feeling of reluctance whenever I have some task to do at work. It is crazy how much will it takes to get things done while this feeling lasts.
Unfortunately I have not logged this in my log accurately.
I remember it subsided after some time but I wonder how long it took.
This time I will do it right: Feeling of reluctance started on second day. Took full dosage for three days now. Feeling still there.
Coffee completely intolerable for me on this cycle.
Maybe coke works now. Or just sugary stuff? I have to try.
I need to find something to get through the day.

manu

Dec 9, 2017
Europe
Mentally I'm already in a much better state than before this cycle.
Thank god!

Limcomin is a bitch because it always increases anxiety in me. But apart from that I feel fairly okay on this cycle so far.
But one thing stands out: I'm dehydrating like crazy. My mouth is dry like never before and I'm always thirsty. Therefore I drink a lot but it all just gets through.
It feels like I'm drink about 3 liters per day and piss 3 liters per day.

I'm currently on 2/3 of dosage to stretch out remaining supplements until my recently ordered supplements arrive.

EDIT: So feeling of reluctance has already disappeared. So it only took about four days to disappear.

Last edited:

manu

Dec 9, 2017
Europe
I think for me it's all about getting rid of this viral infection.
Since the beginning they always gave me Paramin because my Ca/Mg ratio always slips into the low side.
I have written this many times: My body constantly loses calcium despite me drinking milk everyday.
Many years ago I got curious and stopped drinking milk for about 3 months to see if the milk actually robs me of calcium (like some health gurus claim). Signs of calcium deficiency mainly tooth issues got more noticeable so I started drinking milk again.
Same for Na/K ratio - I always slip to the low side. That's why they give me Limcomin on almost every cycle.
What's the ratio for infection? iron / copper! Iron never really improved throughout my ARL cycles.

So I figured low iron is probably the culprit for me.
I thought iron in the cell is low because my intra-cellular SOD (manganese) is low.
Now manganese got in range and my iron still remains low.
So is it that all SODs have to work to get iron up? copper and zinc as well?

Isn't crazy to think that in order to get rid of an infection you need a perfect hair test?

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
I think for me it's all about getting rid of this viral infection.
Since the beginning they always gave me Paramin because my Ca/Mg ratio always slips into the low side.
I have written this many times: My body constantly loses calcium despite me drinking milk everyday.
Many years ago I got curious and stopped drinking milk for about 3 months to see if the milk actually robs me of calcium (like some health gurus claim). Signs of calcium deficiency mainly tooth issues got more noticeable so I started drinking milk again.
Same for Na/K ratio - I always slip to the low side. That's why they give me Limcomin on almost every cycle.
What's the ratio for infection? iron / copper! Iron never really improved throughout my ARL cycles.

So I figured low iron is probably the culprit for me.
I thought iron in the cell is low because my intra-cellular SOD (manganese) is low.
Now manganese got in range and my iron still remains low.
So is it that all SODs have to work to get iron up? copper and zinc as well?

Isn't crazy to think that in order to get rid of an infection you need a perfect hair test?
Man you’re digging too deep. You can find ways to lower infection load outside of nutritional balancing. My log has it all.

I forget what marker you had similar to me a few months back. But it was exactly what I had and I was like “this guy needs to just kill his infection.” Try the herbal antibiotics in my log a month or two back.

The b2 thing we are doing would also likely be perfect for you after you deal with the infection. Or stick with ARL. I just think it’s insanity to fight a major infection just with NB.

Last edited:

manu

Dec 9, 2017
Europe
Haha @bruschi11 I know we have talked about it before.
The thing is I was loaded on antibiotics by doctors when all this started. Never felt worse in my life. On it and many months after that. Maybe I even have some long term damage from this antibiotics. Might be.
So I swear to myself to never ever take antibiotics again and this still holds.
I even tried "herbal antibiotics" like oregano oil.
I think these things are all good for bacteria and fungal issues but they did nothing in terms of viral issues. More so they made them worse.

I'm considering to take LDN if it gets through the customs.

But I won't get off ARL now. I was in a very deep hole a week ago and ARL pulled me out of it in just a few days.
Of course they are the ones who put me in the hole in the first place haha but it restored my trust in their program.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Haha @bruschi11 I know we have talked about it before.
The thing is I was loaded on antibiotics by doctors when all this started. Never felt worse in my life. On it and many months after that. Maybe I even have some long term damage from this antibiotics. Might be.
So I swear to myself to never ever take antibiotics again and this still holds.
I even tried "herbal antibiotics" like oregano oil.
I think these things are all good for bacteria and fungal issues but they did nothing in terms of viral issues. More so they made them worse.

I'm considering to take LDN if it gets through the customs.

But I won't get off ARL now. I was in a very deep hole a week ago and ARL pulled me out of it in just a few days.
Of course they are the ones who put me in the hole in the first place haha but it restored my trust in their program.
Interesting. Recently I did some herbal abx while taking NB supps. Maybe just take monolaurin (antiviral) while running ARL?