M_Mitchell08 Hair Test

M_Mitchell08

Jan 31, 2018
Dallas, TX
Hi All -

Finally got my hairtest completed and would love your thoughts, especially those that have done the TEI tests @m_arch , I believe you mentioned you had some experience there. It looks like I am a slow oxidizer and have a lot of calcium and low magnesium. Any other suggestions would be awesome! Naturopath was really helpful and believes a lot of my issues were due to the corticosteroids and them depleting the cortisol and ultimately the magnesuim. It all seems to make sense, I am conducting one of those 24 hour saliva tests.

m_arch

Oct 4, 2017
Boron, b6 and chromium should help your magnesium levels

m_arch

Oct 4, 2017
Also taking potassium should decrease calcium (or eat tomato paste / potatoes... so you get 4000mg a day in your diet)

m_arch

Oct 4, 2017
The ca:mg ratio is very important. Mine was bad initially too

m_arch

Oct 4, 2017
I dont recommend you take straight magnesium or zinc because your sodium and copper are low... you dont wanna fix low magnesium but create problems with sodium or copper in the process.

I suggest eating more food sources of magnesium like spinach, cacao and almonds (i blend them in a smoothie with bananas for breakfast). With the chromium b6 and boron you should retain it better, and the potassium should bring down calcium giving you a bettrr ratio

Yura

Mar 12, 2018
Czech Republic
I dont recommend you take straight magnesium or zinc because your sodium and copper are low... you dont wanna fix low magnesium but create problems with sodium or copper in the process.

I suggest eating more food sources of magnesium like spinach, cacao and almonds (i blend them in a smoothie with bananas for breakfast). With the chromium b6 and boron you should retain it better, and the potassium should bring down calcium giving you a bettrr ratio
Buckwheat is really good. It has everything magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, potassium, B2, B3 in good amounts..

m_arch

Oct 4, 2017
@m_arch so i am taking the boron, b6, and chromium. With regards to magnesium, is it best to take the chelated type?
i don't think you should take straight magnesium since your sodium is already low
you could take something like "genesis sea minerals" maybe and see how you go, its got magnesium / potassium / sodium in decent amounts. I add it to my drinking water, and only drink that (no plain water). Its magnesium from the ocean (magnesium chloride) so i think maybe it might be better digested? and cos it has potassium and sodium too maybe it'd be better. its about 300 or 400mg magnesium per 1L and 100mg sodium/potassium

M_Mitchell08

Jan 31, 2018
Dallas, TX
i don't think you should take straight magnesium since your sodium is already low
you could take something like "genesis sea minerals" maybe and see how you go, its got magnesium / potassium / sodium in decent amounts. I add it to my drinking water, and only drink that (no plain water). Its magnesium from the ocean (magnesium chloride) so i think maybe it might be better digested? and cos it has potassium and sodium too maybe it'd be better. its about 300 or 400mg magnesium per 1L and 100mg sodium/potassium
Thanks so much @m_arch ... here's a dumb question, and maybe I should know but does my hair test indicate anything that could cause the weight gain / bloating / water retention I have experienced the last 4-5 months?

m_arch

Oct 4, 2017
Thanks so much @m_arch ... here's a dumb question, and maybe I should know but does my hair test indicate anything that could cause the weight gain / bloating / water retention I have experienced the last 4-5 months?
The calcium to potassium ratio indicates slower thyroid which can cause weight gain. Eating more potassium will help this ratio

Im not sure about water retention. I think usually they say high sodium indicates water retention but my sodium was really high 1st test, but my skin is almost translucent (very veiny) so im not sure the accuracy of that as an indication

Yura

Mar 12, 2018
Czech Republic
@m_arch Sodium is main electrolyte. There is no other mineral that is in so close relationship than sodium. Ask any athlete who needs to cut water to make a weight for weight class or bodybuilders, they are the best examples of manipulation with water.. Or what you think that is the main ingredient in IV they give you? Sodium.. Without sodium you can't retain water in the body. Your blood volume will be low etc.. That's why when in "chronic fatigue" you can't make enough aldosterone. You will have low blood pressure, dizziness when standing.. Because you have low blood volume.. Hydration is key and you can't achieve this without adequate sodium in the body.. Ask paramedics or athletes. How they feel without sodium when they can lose like 1tsp of salt in one hour of sweating..

Mitchell has probably very high aldosterone. So he definitely needs adequate amounts of all electrolytes and other micronutrients and needs to stop with things that he is doing and which are damaging for him.. Because high aldosterone means your body can fight the stress for now. But once you deplete the body so hard that can't make stress hormones anymore like in my case. Then you are fucked for a looong time..

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018
Dallas, TX
@m_arch Sodium is main electrolyte. There is no other mineral that is in so close relationship than sodium. Ask any athlete who needs to cut water to make a weight for weight class or bodybuilders, they are the best examples of manipulation with water.. Or what you think that is the main ingredient in IV they give you? Sodium.. Without sodium you can't retain water in the body. Your blood volume will be low etc.. That's why when in "chronic fatigue" you can't make enough aldosterone. You will have low blood pressure, dizziness when standing.. Because you have low blood volume.. Hydration is key and you can't achieve this without adequate sodium in the body.. Ask paramedics or athletes. How they feel without sodium when they can lose like 1tsp of salt in one hour of sweating..

Mitchell has probably very high aldosterone. So he definitely needs adequate amounts of all electrolytes and other micronutrients and needs to stop with things that he is doing and which are damaging for him.. Because high aldosterone means your body can fight the stress for now. But once you deplete the body so hard that can't make stress hormones anymore like in my case. Then you are fucked for a looong time..
How do you test Aldosterone levels? I'm a bit confused as to what you're recommending I do?

m_arch

Oct 4, 2017

Yes. Im not telling yura to supp sodium tho becaude his magnesium is so low and sodium lowers it further.

Ideally you want good levels of magnesium AND sodium.

Interestingly i am an athlete, when i supp sodium i dont feel so great. When i supp the sea minerals with lower sodium abd high magnesium i can run all day. My dna test says im a sodium retainer, and my hair test said i had low magnesium and high sodium. So yes while sodium is important, its truly context that matters.

If you have low sodium and chronic fatigue, and those are your primary issues, dont take what im telling Mitchell to take