log

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
Seems no one else has done a licorice root trial here, so here i am.

My hair test has shown high sodium, which means overactive aldosterone and insensitive estrogen (according to gbolduev). When coming off, aldosterone should be less sensitive (so sodium falls) estrogen should raise and dht should be more sensitive. Also my ratio of sodium to potassium is high, which indicates too much aldosterone (inflammatory) to cortisol (antiinflammatory).

My high sodium could be from accutane (3 courses)= my estrogen isn't sensitive = joint pain / dry eyes. This also means DHT is insensitive and it seems ive got antagonized progesterone receptors also. Basically none of the main hormones seem to be working.
Licorice root looks like the fix.

I will be taking the licorice root powder in hot water like a tea. 1 heaped tea spoon 3 times a day on Sunday and Monday, then nothing on Tuesday to saturday for the 'snap back'. Starting today! I will run it for 3 months if i feel good on the snap back, then get my hair tested again. I'll take no other supplements to make sure this is a clean trial *cough* [mention]ihatefin[/mention]

My symptoms that im looking to resolve / improve: dry eyes, sore joints, fatigue, white tongue coating, as well as just general balancing of my hair mineral analysis.
Wish me luck!!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017
Arizona
damn im being called out left n right! hahaha
good luck, buddy! i think tubzy was gunna follow that same cycle method so hopefully all goes well.

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
I'll take no other supplements to make sure this is a clean trial
You can take more than one, but it has to be planned for a good reason.
Have you thought about your Mg if sodium is going down with this?
You make me start to bet I will be high in sodium too... (make guesses and check out seem to me very interesting) And I am interrogative and interested by this use of licorice, because I like the taste, but do not like to take it and I don't know why. I have not noticed effects, it is just that I feel I don't want it. I have several full boxes bought during travels and a bottle of a nice refreshing drink with it... no way.

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
Canari post_id=2347 time=1508655339 user_id=62 said:
I'll take no other supplements to make sure this is a clean trial
You can take more than one, but it has to be planned for a good reason.
Have you thought about your Mg if sodium is going down with this?
You make me start to bet I will be high in sodium too... And I am puzzled by this use of licorice, because I like it, but cannot take it and I don't know why. I have not noticed effects, it is just that I feel I don't want it. I have several full boxes bought during travels and a bottle of a nice refreshing drink with it... no way.
Hmm i think high sodium = high stress (since aldosterone is inflammatory) so reducing sodium should increase magnesium. I think the licorice increases sodium and lowers mag, but everything should be at a higher baseline at the snap back.

Ive also never liked licorice. I think you should see your hair test results first though

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Yes I will do nothing without the hair test, but it is nice to learn to feel oneself and relate our sensations to the tests. The analysis is ourselves after all!

I thought that Na helped to retain Mg... Well, learned in RPF and one of the reason why we are supposed to consume a lot of salt. So less salt means Mg peed more?

You do not like the taste at all? I feel ambivalent about it... Many drinks have it and they taste good, I just do not feel to go for them.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
this is a good test. I think licorice should help PFS people. Since progestins block aldosterone receptors also and this then causes too sensitive aldosterone which then raises sodium and does not allow estrogen and dht to go up.

Basically , by antagonizing progesterone we are trying to achieve the same thing. you antagonize progesterone with RU or ella , you make aldosterone less sensitive and then snap back.

Licorice is a direct mean to act on aldosterone and progesterone from another end. So this seems like a good trial

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
I should note as well, despite having high cell sodium, i feel dizzy sometimes when standing up too fast and low platelet count.

I think these things indicate low blood pressure. I hope licorice doesnt lower it further on the snap back.

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Licorice is supposed to make blood pressure higher!

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
Netherlands
Ive read some reports in the past that pointed out not to take the deglycyrrhized type, as some substances are taken out. Not sure how important it really is, i just took the standard extract to be on the safe side. And indeed it does raise blood pressure so better dont overdo it

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
Yeah im taking the normal powder.

So yesterday was the first day taking it. I took one heaped teaspoon for breakfast and one at lunch, forgot about dinner.

Woke up in the middle of the night to pee (this is classic high sodium) and i never do that. Looks like its working.

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
aztec post_id=2411 time=1508711683 user_id=52 said:
Hi @m_arch, where are you getting your licorice root from? What is the website?
I wasn't very selective. I just went to a health food store and got a small packet of powdered licorice root. The guy who cured himself supppsedly used a 4:1 powder 1/4 teaspoon at a time. So im just using regular powder but 1 full teaspoon.

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
aztec post_id=2413 time=1508712547 user_id=52 said:
Thanks @m_arch! I wish you a successful cycle. I haven’t read his story yet. If you have the link please post it.
[mention]ihatefin[/mention] its REALLY sweet. 50x sweeter than sugar or something
aztec his story is here;
http://www.swolesource.com/forum/post-finasteride-syndrome/3334-long-time-lurker-finally-got-my-health-back-doing-cdnuts-boost-your-low-t-protocol.html

Ivy

Oct 5, 2017
What powder are you taking exactly?

And [mention]gbolduev[/mention] , can licorice be added to the zinc+manganese protocol? If indeed it raises blood pressure, it would seem beneficial for slow oxidisers. Would it have any benefits applied topically?

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
Ivy post_id=2438 time=1508757056 user_id=101 said:
What powder are you taking exactly?

And @gbolduev , can licorice be added to the zinc+manganese protocol? If indeed it raises blood pressure, it would seem beneficial for slow oxidisers. Would it have any benefits applied topically?
https://australianorganicproducts.com.au/products/pure-food-essentials-licorice-powder-spices-60g

Oct 23, 2017
m_arch post_id=2317 time=1508636689 user_id=66 said:
My symptoms that im looking to resolve / improve: dry eyes, sore joints, fatigue, white tongue coating
Did you experience brain fog? Your problem is very similar to mine. :geek:

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
MaxGarbuz post_id=2475 time=1508780555 user_id=1355 said:
m_arch post_id=2317 time=1508636689 user_id=66 said:
My symptoms that im looking to resolve / improve: dry eyes, sore joints, fatigue, white tongue coating
Did you experience brain fog? Your problem is very similar to mine. :geek:
Yeah especially after eating. Its been better doing intermittent fasting though.

https://m.imgur.com/a/NuSzY

As you can see my Ca /Mg ratio is really high. I eonder if you have this too?? This is supposed to be the blood sugar ratio. So cos its high im supposed to be hypoglycemic (energy crashes after meals etc).

I speculate my Mg should increase from using the licorice root thoigh since sodium (aldosterone ) uses up Mg like crazy, since its basically an inflammatory stress response.

Another tip for brain fog is just to drink heaps of water. Seems to help.

Oct 23, 2017
I plan to take blood tests and mineral analysis after few months on high nourish diet for more accurate results.

Any kind of fasting is not allowed for me atm because of serious underweight.