Link between vagus nerve, brainstem & acetylcholine in CFS/ME

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Looks like Mario is still active, and has the backing of some organisations now (collaboration with CureME team at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine) with regards to his research into trends for CFS/PFS etc.

Machine Learning-assisted Research on CFS

Mario vitaly is like 5-10 years behind. We had an actual NORD sponsored study done on vagus nerv , we collected money on poiscenter.com and had Barry Komisaruk and his team study it . There are fast and slow oxidizers, some have low acetylcholine and some high.

that is why some people are helped with lecithins on POIS forum and for others lecithin( choline) causes POIS.

TEI is light years ahead of all these people. But I agree I think they need to think how to make their programs faster.

He is funny, machine learning outperforms findings)) we found all of this in 2010. just read poiscenter.com. acetylcholine, IDO, Kur pathway, etc. and we have been succesfully eliminating symptoms.etc

|But TEI has a program for all the cases. which is amazing. they are 40 years ahead of all these localized researchers, which it takes them a year to research one thing, and then 10 years to come up with a regimen for one thing.

I do like machine learning for medicine. but the problem with that is that you cant just analyze data with it. you need to analyze the movements of the body systems.

otherwise you will be just finding static changes like Mario Vitaly does. which were already all found many years ago.

Last edited:

tanedout

Oct 17, 2017
Vagus Nerve Stimulation Dramatically Reduces Inflammation

On the basis that there could be a link between our conditions and the vagus nerve, it's interesting that studies show it 'dramatically reduces inflammation', but also a number of techniques to stimulate the vagus nerve are included in @Cdsnuts protocol..

NATURAL WAYS OF VAGUS NERVE STIMULATION
Direct stimulation of the vagus nerve is only possible with the help of an implanted device that emits electric pulses. However, because the vagus nerve is connected to many parts of your body, stimulating certain areas of your body will have an indirect positive influence on vagal tone, as the body reroutes this stimulation back to the vagus nerve. Below we will explain some natural ways for indirectly stimulating the vagus nerve.

Exposure to cold. Exposing your body to acute cold conditions, such as taking a cold shower or splashing cold water on your face, increases stimulation of the vagus nerve. While your body adjusts to the cold, sympathetic activity declines, while parasympathetic activity increases.

Deep breathing. You can indirectly stimulate the vagus nerve by taking deep, deliberate breaths from your belly. Deep breathing activates specific neurons that detect blood pressure. These neurons signal to the vagus nerve that blood pressure is becoming too high, and the vagus nerve in turn responds by lowering your heart rate.

Meditation. Meditating is another great way to increase parasympathetic activity. It will bring your body in a state of calm, telling your vagus nerve that there is no need for a fight-or-flight response, thereby increasing vagal tone.

Singing. You can also use singing, humming, and gargling to activate your vocal cords and the muscles in the back of your throat, which are connected to the vagus nerve. Incorporating these activities into your daily routine can help increase your vagal tone.
Vagus nerve stimulation | Wimhofmethod.com

* Stimulation of the vagus never actually triggers the release of acetylcholine, and choline looks to potentially have a key part in things

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017
Europe
yes @tanedout there is a link but this is not only the vagus and not only its stimulation!
Nobody wants to believe the truth about the global ANS, and now they accept "just the vagus"...
I am in plenty of groups about the vagus and the polyvagal theory and wim hof and kambo and more....
I went crazy reading how many people were going over-threashold with their nervous system!

If you activate the vagus when you are having sympathetic activation, you can get a freeze response instead of relaxing! And the difference is hardly visible...

It is all about synchronisation of the different parts of the nervous system, and this is represented very well by the symbol of the yin and yang forming a wheel with alternating waves, each part containing the other.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
If you activate the vagus when you are having sympathetic activation, you can get a freeze response instead of relaxing! And the difference is hardly visible...

Freeze response. Its visible in this case :))

And relax response is the very next video after 1st one :)))

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017
Europe
@supernature yes but there are some in us that we do not notice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually we dissociate all the time, it is normal, it means that our systems shuts down part of an experience, to focus on another one!
But they always and only write about trauma....

There is a breed of goat with the genetic defect to pass out at the slightest excitation. The vids are funny but the reality is not funny, and everybody who is not well regulated is actually bullied in our society!

Why are some people bothered by light or sounds? Because they do not dissociate enough!
Why chemical sensitivity?
There is real aggression in the body, preventing the body to dissociate from what is "too much" !

Go in a perfume shop and notice that the strong smell diminishes. We say "I got used to it" but this is a freeze response too! I find it fundamental for our health to know how this works.

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
To accurately activate the vagus nerve you need to to the 4,7,8 breathing technique. A deep breathe in threw the nose for four seconds, hold for seven seconds and then exhale for eight seconds. Do this for five minutes and you will feel a big difference.
Yes this is discussed in vagus groups indeed! As I also have the feedback from colleagues who work with clients, their feedback is not that regular about the positive effect though!
They mention for example:
- this is not the right rhythm for some people
- counting stresses activated people more, and it does not activate the vagus but has the reversed effect.
- too much good result at first can have a rebound effect and people disregulate later, even days or weeks after.

As I know how to feel myself, I can use different breathing at different times and for different needs. The 1st step is to be able to feel ones breathing without changing it!

Also, the 4 7 8 has no exhale pause, and this part is the most relaxation inducing one! I can reach 25 sec easy pauses and enter a deep state of relaxation...

Also please if anyone does breathing exercises, never block a yawn! That is contrary to Buteyko, but yawns are super importants. In public, use your hand but let your yawns happen too! Just tell any lie you want to say you are not bored but just relaxing and enjoying the moment, so that people do not get upset. The more you are aware of your body and of the effect of a yawn, the better for you. Really.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
@supernature yes but there are some in us that we do not notice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually we dissociate all the time, it is normal, it means that our systems shuts down part of an experience, to focus on another one!

There is a breed of goat with the genetic defect to pass out at the slightest excitation. The vids are funny but the reality is not funny, and everybody who is not well regulated is actually bullied in our society!

Its a negative approach to begin with. When you go on a lecture to let go yourself of a thousand $ just to listen someone to hypnotize you aiming to help you in certain aspects of your life, they talk about the same: how you are very lil and certain negative emotions/events that happened back then which dictate your later life, recent troubles and failures. So they com up for yourself with a certain reason that prevented you from being absolutely normal and successful and by telling you this you realize yes this is the reason why im like that right now and you let go of yourself all this and you are fixed. Is that correct approach...

Bas Rutten hes been bullied as a kid, hes been thin and it was the reason he made himself into this: a hurting machine

I know the falling goats and yes the vids are funny, they are supposed to be funny and have positive intention not negative. Why we have to focus on the negative, a negative attitude wont help in anything.

ex. Take a look at this carefree guy, he (she) is eating, laughing, drinking, having fun, a faggot, a happy one, it doesnt seems to have troubles accepting himself and the world as it is. A positive attitude.

And this is not even eating, its swallowing, like a gavooone :)))

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
I haven't heard the word faggot used in almost a decade.....lol
I hate the negative connotation behind it, but it’s a hilarious word to hear said.

Don’t support it, just saying it’s an odd word - for the 2019 SJW Police.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
:))) The whole idea behind the homo is odd to me. What they call them in 2019 ? Gay people :)))

Isnt it faggot a synonym of pedal ? thats how i see it, its nothing that bad )))

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017
Europe
The exhale pause is the 7 seconds....
I Think Canari means there is no pause AFTER exhalation. In my experience this is a good thing to add. Not too long to get uncomfortable - has to be just right for the moment.
Yes, the 7 seconds is an inhale pause!
Exhale is para-sympathetic, and a spontaneous pause after it is a sign of parasympathetic resting state.
And right @Nighteyes never get it unconfortable. i hold only until I want to breathe, this I do Buteyko CP style. and I can reach 24-5 seconds of pause while I "sink" into the nice state... I can tell you that I would not bother counting! But I have done it with a clock for fun. Breathe in and out twice per minute and stay fine...

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Its a negative approach to begin with. When you go on a lecture to let go yourself of a thousand $ just to listen someone to hypnotize you aiming to help you in certain aspects of your life, they talk about the same: how you are very ill and certain negative emotions/events that happened back then which dictate your later life, recent troubles and failures. So they come up for yourself with a certain reason that prevented you from being absolutely normal and successful and by telling you this you realize yes this is the reason why im like that right now and you let go of yourself all this and you are fixed. Is that correct approach...

I know the falling goats and yes the vids are funny, they are supposed to be funny and have positive intention not negative. Why we have to focus on the negative, a negative attitude wont help in anything.
You seemed quite upset! Yes this is NOT the right approach for healing, but it is the right approach to start healing though!
The rising of "trauma informed" is fine, but is not the place to focus for healing. Nevertheless, it is the place to focus to not hurt sensitive people before they heal, like a wound you do not touch.

I agree to focus on the positive, and I for example focus on learning the good ways to use our NS and how it function all the time and protects us etc. I do not mean to ignore the negative either. And you cannot hurt people by telling them to start their journey at the place they are not either... Not all people can react properly when bullied and made fun of.

Now I tell you what maybe you do not know... the more you make the goats colapse, the shorter they live. Even further.... if you know a mimosa tree called the pudic plant, because it shuts its leaves when you touch them. The movement is visible so people try because it is amazing. But overdoing it can kill the plant. Recovering takes too much energy.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
@Canari I see, well my point i gave an ex of someone weak enough to made himself so resilient that is not even funny any more, he become terminator or maybe is just his true nature...
The other ex. was with that boy girl who is so happy happy happy happy that it doesnt seems to notice or practice any weak and wrong in life but just carefree joy...
Of course everybody can be hurt, the 1st ex has two daughters..., the second ex. has a boyfriend to cry for.
Everybody has e weak side but my point is why focus on that fixing it to get stronger, instead developing your strong side to get even stronger and more resilient.

The only mimosas around here are girls called themselvs mimosa, i havent seen plant like that myself.