K8668B's log

K8668B

Dec 22, 2017
Florida, USA
I already have a big blog over on www.swolesource.com . Here is the link- Been a long time coming! Overwhelmed and don't know where to start.

I've been at this Propecia battle for a little under a year now. Ive made great improvements in SOME areas, while other areas like sexual, seem to have stayed the exact same as theyve always been. On some days lately, i may seem to have some sexual increases, but theyre nothing that i havent already had in the past during PFS, so i dont get all overly excited about them. Ive had PFS for over a decade, i was aware but didnt fully fully realize it until a little over a year ago. So roughly under a year ive been at this. Im not going to go into every detail again.

Ive come a long ways, like finally defeating and conquering my non-24 sleep disorder that i had for years. Little simple tricks to beat it actually. It has opened so many doors for me. I have actually held my current job for almost a year. Something i couldnt do before, because of how debilitating it once was. And i have turned into an early bird, and i am so much more productive now, and that has opened many doors for me. I could see such being an advantage to opening more doors career-wise too. I function much better on the job nowadays too.

In other ways, i feel frustrated, and feel that overwhelmed feeling again that i felt in the beginning. I see all this stuff on here, and many different ideas all over the place. But at the same time, it truly is a pot of gold.

There is an extreme amount of good in cdnuts protocol, and alot of it has changed me for the better and i will keep doing it, but the herbs/prohormones never did anything for me. I have cycled them for 8 months, with nothing noticeable. I still cycle them to this day for fear of whatever. Is it safe for me to ditch them? Im hoping someone can tell me i
can. I am almost completely out of them, and im having less and less money, and its just getting harder and eating me alive. For 8 months, i literally everyday on a big piece of paper wrote down the herb i took and the date. I did all of this so i wouldnt forget. And kept the rotation going. Its driving me fucking insane! Especially with zero result. It would be nice for me to just be able to get out of bed in the morning and get out of the door quick, without worrying to have to memorize and write down a herb and take it. Usually if something works for me, i will feel it immediately, or within 3-4 days TOPS!! Like some other things that have worked for me. And some new things recently too. Some of those
same exact herbs have/still worked for me too, like all jammed into one in the form of Prolab horny goat weed capsules.

I have not had a sip of alcohol in 12 months. I have not smoked weed in almost 18 months. I have not smoked a cigarette/vape in 4 in a half months. Ive been following a strict strict regimen.

I like following a healthy paleo diet, with good sleep discipline, and a good exercise regimen that includes weightlifting, sprints, and physique sculpting. I like that Greek statue look!

I did two juice feasts, one which lasted 7 days, and another which was 15 days.

I also love going for long walks when i have some free time. Chi used to do that, and they have worked for me as well. I also like cold showers, skipping breakfast, doing breathwork, and some other things. Big fan of coffee in the morning too. Coffee is a lifechanger! When i was a little more optimistic about 8+ months ago.. the coffee every morning would literally give me euphoria!!! --- the best i ever felt in my entire life!

Some new recent things that i have added in that work great for me are garlic extract and buffered vitamin C. The garlic extract i think has given me my old veins back. They were starting to disappear for awhile, (im only 31), due to some of the new things ive been doing. Probably my nofap streaks or gluten free diet. But gluten free is the way to go for me and works well. also source naturals optizinc.

So now here we are!! Alot of great stuff on here. But all these ideas at once, and it tends to get me stressed and disorganized. I have other projects going on at the moment, so
sometimes its best for my brain to not even look at forums. But im still very active. Lots of good stuff on here like RU, ella, electrolytes, vitamins, minerals, etc.

One thing at a time. So since i already have a healthy diet/exercise/sleep discipline in place as a foundation, my next thing to try will be LICORICE ROOT! The champstar recovery really inspired me. And if that doesnt work, i will go from there. Ive been planning the licorice root for a very long time. But the reason i havent gotten to it is because of brand-specific/type-specific bullshit! Im tired of everything being a gamble, and losing so much money. Ive thrown too much money at stuff that hasnt worked. You could buy one brand of the same thing and it wont work, while you could go and buy a different brand of the same exact thing, and it will work. Ill figure shit out on my own eventually, but if someone could tell me the right stuff or type of licorice root/dosages, (powder vs. capsules,) etc.

So this is where im starting right now.

barbaar

Oct 16, 2017
The Netherlands

Rid

Oct 25, 2017
@MNK99 @K8668B this lic root worked super well for me:

https://www.amazon.com/Bulksuppleme...518818805&sr=8-25&keywords=licorice+root&th=1

warning: it tastes fuckin amazing.

remember, it will crash you if you're not careful. licorice apparently gets your cortisol under control, and it's also a very light 5ari. it may have re sensitized my receptors, I was cycling this, tribulus and a fasting/fast mimicking diet before I got out of the "pfs hole" if that makes sense. I started losing hair again and got my smell and confidence back, felt like a man a couple months after that cycle, but I didn't feel great on it to be honest. I thought it was mostly due to licorice root, but it couldn't been the combination of the 3 things, I had some strong reactions and got really sick even after hitting a huge dose of trib on accident. unfortunately a lot of this stuff is speculatory , but something change around this time that made my body way more resilient and returned a lot of things back to normal, including gaining the ability to actually deal with stress without crashing, which was what we speculate the licorice helps most with (getting cortisol under control.)

I did a lot of research and found a lot of anecdotal accounts of it helping people with similar issues, but only some of the time. this disease goes a bunch of different ways as we know, it fixed something that was out of balance for me, I can't guarantee it'll help anyone else, but the anecdotal evidence is there.

Jaxx

Oct 4, 2017
Netherlands
- @Rid @barbaar @Jaxx which Licorice Root did you use?
- Anyone else compare various types of L.R.?
- Capsules vs herbs?
- Best brand you found?

@K8668B really would like to try that.
I used the Swanson 450mg capsules. Only thing i looked for was that it was not deglycyrrhised. (based on experience of others).
When i started it really gave me insane boners, but that wore off. It was also of great help with energy, not much on libido though. Did not get any bad side effects either. I crashed later, but i was also using other supps, so i quit all of them, including licorise.
I still dont know what to think of it. If the other protocols dont work i will likely try again, but for a longer time.

K8668B

Dec 22, 2017
Florida, USA
@Jaxx Sounds like it sort of was working for you actually. Maybe trying it again, like once a week or something like that. I may be wrong.

@barbaar damn... would you consider using again?

@MNK99 im finally placing the order today homie!

@Rid - i guess ill go with the one that worked for you. Doesnt necessarily mean it will work for me like you said though. I have used hist+cist from bulk supps a few weeks ago too. Cant say i noticed much. I had already been getting amino acids on a daily basis from protein powder all these years too. Still, i guess im going to go with this one. You said you were cycling trib with this? im staying from trib for now personally. and what did you mean by when you said "fasting/fast mimicking diet"?

barbaar

Oct 16, 2017
The Netherlands
@Jaxx Sounds like it sort of was working for you actually. Maybe trying it again, like once a week or something like that. I may be wrong.

@Rid - i guess ill go with the one that worked for you. Doesnt necessarily mean it will work for me like you said though. I have used hist+cist from bulk supps a few weeks ago too. Cant say i noticed much. I had already been getting amino acids on a daily basis from protein powder all these years too. Still, i guess im going to go with this one. You said you were cycling trib with this? im staying from trib for now personally. and what did you mean by when you said "fasting/fast mimicking diet"?
I still sometimes use it if I get extremely fatigued. It seems to help me break out of that a bit faster.

Rid

Oct 25, 2017

gl man. it's just a low calorie ketogenic diet

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
International Waters - Whaling
www.youtube.com
Nice job man @K8668B. Planning this stuff out.
You still get euphoria from coffee?, that's crazy. Great job on no alcohol and no smoking (and weed).
This may be the first year in a while that I go 90+ days straight without alcohol. I may have accidentally done that last year. But now stakes are high.
1st time I quit drinking I was like 23 so I'm guessing I'm stronger now in some ways.
In healing from pssd and all that bs, quitting alcohol was key I think at least for well-being. No vaping for 4mo is even more impressive I think.
You got this man! Smoking was easiest for me to quit at early 20's, then alcohol hard, and vaping --- been a lot since 6 yrs or so.
Ordered the L.R.? Sick!

Last edited:

K8668B

Dec 22, 2017
Florida, USA
I dont get the euphoria from coffee as much anymore. Since i had that slight lowering of testosterone levels from the tribulus/creatine setback (overdid it on tribulus a few months back), that is why. Im not as optimistic i was a before, but im not "down" either if that makes sense. So therefore the coffee isnt AS good. But its still good for me though overall. On the days where the coffee hits me better, lately i wont get euphoria from it, but still a really good feeling. (it depends on the "snapback" within 5ar from the zinc i believe. If its in a good spot, then everything is just better). im trying to go off of zinc if i can. its built up alot too much in my system, and ive had some bad days lately on it. on these bad days, the coffee doesnt give me as good of a high. sometimes i wont even feel the coffee on those days. Luckily the coffee, even on the bad days, will still cleanse me out though, so thats good.

Good luck on giving up alcohol bro. Its so easy when you have a reason to not drink.

Cigs/vape are definitely harder. Perhaps the cig/vape combined with my morning coffee was helping me get the euphoria from the coffee many months back.

I used to have the worst hangovers bro. it would definitely set you back.

My licorice root from bulk supplements will arrive in 10 days.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com
Definitely man. Mostly only drank 20 x a year or so after I was 24 or 25y.o. (still a lot), but only 2x this year so far, early Jan. It's bad for mood and energy anyways. It's a dirty drug mostly. I'll save it to celebrate later, when this is resolved. It's crazy I didn't know what a hangover was until I was like 25 or 26. Could go run the next morning... and then age caught up with me haha. I killed so many bad habits by my early 20's, it's second nature to me.

Nice! I look fwd to your updates on lr. I hope L.R. et al takes you to the next level of recovery soon.

Last edited:

K8668B

Dec 22, 2017
Florida, USA
Quick update. I just want to let everyone know that I stopping herbs. Ive almost completely run out, (I'm down to only 4 left), and money is tight and I can't afford much. But its not my top priority to buy them again right now because like I said, I don't think they did anything for me. The last 2 or 3 weeks, I've been nearly lethargic on my days off from work. Don't think its because of "herbs" though, because I'm still taking them. But I'm stopping today . I'm actually angry about these herbs. I don't want to talk about them. A lot of things in life are making me mad right now. I will still be practicing sleep discipline, healthy diet/exercise, and everything else. And im waiting on licorice root. Also have an appointment on Monday with a supposed ED specializing doctors office in Jacksonville, Florida on Monday called "pinnacle mens health" . the guy on the phone never heard of PFS, but for $99 I will get an appointment and some labs. Free testosterone and SHBG, and some other test will be included. I would like to get more tests if I can. I don't have many resources.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com
-Can they also test bioavailable testosterone*, ACTH, 24h cortisol, prolactin, progesterone? Maybe even DHT(hard to get tested).

I'm sure others here know more about what's beneficial to test.

Edit: TSH as well in addition to what you said below.
Gloves off man. I like it! "Since the face been revealed, game got real. " Ghostface Killah / Apollo Kids.

Last edited:

K8668B

Dec 22, 2017
Florida, USA
-Can they also test bioavailable testosterone*, ACTH, 24h cortisol, prolactin, progesterone? Maybe even DHT(hard to get tested).

I'm sure others here know more about what's beneficial to test.
Those things you mentioned are exactly what I'm trying to get tested. And others too like estradiol, LH, T3. Definitely progesterone and DHT. I've had enough of the systems bullshit, and I will let them know upfront beforehand what I want, and if they can't do it, then I'm not dropping a dime! The gloves are off!!

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com
  • Deleted by MNK99
Show…

K8668B

Dec 22, 2017
Florida, USA
Okay, so its been awhile! I still havent touched a sip of alcohol in about 14 months, havent smoked weed in god knows how long (never was huge into it actually. drugs neither), and i havent smoked a cig/vape in 6 months.

Still working out, eating super strict, and the whole nine yards! And sleep discipline!! This is a huge one! Im busy out during the day getting shit done, and im in bed by a certain hour. Sometimes i dont even look at forums because im caught up in all the other stuff i do during the day. On top of that, i am almost a certified personal trainer!! This PFS battle has turned my life around, and given me my motivation for life back. I am doing all of the things i always wanted to. I just got CPR/AED/First aid certified last Saturday. :)

With that said, i finally have a new starting point, thanks to @MNK99 and @bruschi11 . Organization at times can be tough for me. This forum is beautiful. It is pure gold. But at the same time, its so huge, theres alot of stuff all over the place. So the first thing i will be doing for now is getting a hair test!! Thats the main thing. The hair test will be my top priority.

I tried licorice root from Bulk supplements a few times, but i dont think i noticed anything. So i can say ive done the Licorice Root thing if anyone was wondering. @Ridd and @MNK99 . I know we talked about it before.

So hair test for now.

I will be posting some more stuff in a few hours from now actually. I have some new recent concerns/issues, that i know are just a simple fix. Ill post those a little bit later. And some other things ive been reading/looking into.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com
Good on you man. Keep your plan solid and modify as needed, and take what you can get, and keep consistent and you'll improve.
Congratulations on your CPR/CPR/AED/1st-Aid Certification man!

"...and given me my motivation for life back" MOTIVATION, is the most important thing and structure which you pretty much seem to have.

Last edited:

K8668B

Dec 22, 2017
Florida, USA
I appreciate that @MNK99 !

Another recent thing. As of a few months back and currently. --

One fairly common side effect ive heard from alot of PFS sufferers is FACIAL CHANGES. Ive recently even seen people in the past post their pics of their facial changes, (from awhile ago) and you can definitely see the change in their faces. It was scary to look it, the change.. i wish i never saw it actually, because it started to make me question if MY own face was changed from propecia use. I got stressed out for a tiny bit, and i even went back and looked at old pictures of myself before propecia use, to see if i could tell a difference. I honestly dont think i could. I really dont think propecia affected my face whatsoever. And if it did, then very miniscule. As long as you take care of yourself, and your face is looking good, who gives a fuck. But im not bragging. Propecia still fucked me up badly! Especially sexually. And i just want my dick back!

Honestly, it was so long ago, i dont even remember. I personally dont think propecia changed/affected my face. I wouldve known immediately if something happend to my facial features.

However, the two juice feasts i did a little under a year ago, definitely did something!! Thinned my face out a little bit. But i didnt notice the thinning out of the face until about 6 months after the juice feast.

Certain vitamins and minerals, and the amounts of them, i think are responsible for this. I think i even noticed some changes with Zinc! Im the last person on the planet who needs his face to get any "thinner" . I dont want that. I suppose if a person was "heavier", then yeah. But im already lean. I wouldnt say one would want his face to get fatter, but rather "fuller", if that makes sense.

For vitamins, i get alot. Take 10,000 vitamin d3 a day. Magnesium Calm Powder. and alot of vitamins and minerals else where. Instead of buying cheap basic eggs at the grocery store, i switched to buying a brand off eggs called "egglands best". They have literally every vitamin in them. theyre expensive as fuck. And also, for my tunafish, i switched from a cheap ass walmart brand with basically zero nutritional value to it, to starkist selects, which has alot of vitamins and stuff in it. selenium, niacin, and a bunch of other things. Expensive too.

could perhaps all of these things be thinning my face out? what can i do or use to bring more fullness to my face, like i used to have?

Ive been reading CHI's member story on PPhelp, and it is very inspiring. Im looking into the CFS aspect of things.

First things first, get a hair test. But i might also look into a comprehensive parasitology test like CHI did.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com
  • Deleted by MNK99
Show…

K8668B

Dec 22, 2017
Florida, USA
Call me crazy, but i swear.. i think i can notice slight facial changes from zinc supplementation. I was talking about my "face thinning out" in my last post, and right now its been about 4 or 5 days since i stopped taking zinc. Immediately it seems like my face has thickened back out. Not "fat", but more fuller, which is good. And im feeling more confident about that. Of course, it could just be because my facial hair is growing back. When i goto the barber and get my beard/goatee trimmed, i could feel all like my face looks thinned out again for i know. lol.

The thing with zinc for me, is that a super small daily dose works amazing for me. (like 25-30mg daily ). but too much in the system can be bad. and too much buildup can be bad and makes me feel foggy/head pressure/fatigued/lethargic.

Also i got an iron supplement. solgar gentle iron 25 mg (iron bisglycinate). It was cheap and inexpensive. im hoping this can help me get rid of the dark circles under my eyes. that combined with a b12 methylcobalamin ive heard is supposed to help really reduce dark circles under eyes, or get rid of them completely. i havent got a b12 supplement yet though. my b12 levels were slightly elevated in my most recent bloods from about 6 months ago, so i figured i dont really need anymore. all of my foods are very rich in b12. i have a supplement list to get recommended to my by @Goose12 for dark circles under the eyes, and ill start working on acquiring these within the upcoming weeks. these are a little bit more expensive, but i have a good feeling about them.

lately, the coffee hasnt been working for me anymore. for the past 3 weeks or so. it does however still clean me out/make me goto the bathroom which is good. that and bottled water help alot. i had my highest energy levels/mood ever in 2017. but near the end of 2017, i had a slight downfall for whatever reason, and have been the same since. energy levels/ 5ar/mood/ testosterone/endocrine system has all been somewhat less than it was in 2017 when i was great.

i wake up multiple times during the night. (anywhere from 1-2 times). i still get the full sleep at night, but its interrupted. I believe this is what is causing energy levels/ 5ar/mood/ testosterone/endocrine system to be slightly lower during the day than it was when i was good. and this all started when i quit smoking cigarettes/vape. (october 2nd, 2017) the lack of nicotine. nicotine is a 5ar upper!! what do smokers do immediately before they goto sleep at night? they smoke!! but i wouldnt want to go back to smoking/vaping either. stamina is better though, since not smoking.

in the meantime i got an email from katherine about my hairtest. im just waiting for my next paycheck to pay the $150, and get this thing going. the hairtest is a great idea. after i pay for my hairtest.. id really like to get detailed bloodwork of my endocrine system. you can get them on www.privateMDlabs.com, but its like $300+. so expensive. and my doctors wont work with me either.

Last edited:

K8668B

Dec 22, 2017
Florida, USA
It's been awhile. I took a break from the forums to focus on studying for my Personal Trainer Certification test. I needed to get my mind off of things too. I can now say i am officially a certified personal trainer! =) Its what ive wanted to do since age 17. Now at age 32, it has finally become a reality for me. =) This whole "propecia battle" has seriously changed my life for the better. Given me so much discipline. A complete 180!

I believe if youre going through something like PFS, then its good to focus your mind on other things, such as goal accomplishments, furthering your education, or just improving the quality of your life in general. It definitely helps!

Still at the same level PFS-wise. I found a great article on why coffee stopped working for me. Why Caffeine Stops Working (and What to Do About It)
. It stopped working for me roughly over 2 months ago. Makes sense. Coffee was a lifesaver. But i overdid it. I was up to about 96 oz. a day i think! It was so powerful that it would give me amazing energy and euphoria! I even tried going 48 hours without, and when i went back to it, it DID work a tiny bit better. But like the article says... i would probably have to go at least 14-30 days without coffee/caffeine to resensitize the receptors.

Fighting the life battle at the same time too. So many sacrifices. Many projects im doing at once. I finally got the funds saved for the hairtest. So one of these days ill have to figure out how to do it. Pain in the ass, but whatever. All of this shit has been a pain to me lately.. heheh. I shave my head every 2-3 weeks at the barber.. so i barely even have any hair left to work with lmao.

A very close friend of mine has been having wonderful success with peptides. IGF-1, and PEG, or whatever the hell theyre called. Maybe peptides could be beneficial for a PFS person? I might try them when he comes down to Florida. Hes very knowledgeable too. Unlike typical anabolics, peptides just increase the cells that we already have/produce from what i hear. Something like that. At 32, and as experienced as i am in the training world, i still have never run anything to do this day. It would be nice to get a break though.

Things are the same. Ill update when something works for me, or when i find something relevant! Keep fighting the good fight guys! =)

Last edited: