johnsmith's PFS log

johnsmith

Nov 19, 2017
T.O. Canada
Hi, I quit fin 7 years ago and I was on it longer then most people (7 years).

I'm over here because it seems to make a lot of sense to follow the work of people who have, and specialize in PFS. I'm quite impressed with the work that's being done over here. For those of you who have managed to get yourself to a place where you feel decently well while taking just few vitamins and or minerals, I'd like to congratulate you.

In dealing with PFS, I took a similar rout as the new forum member 'slader1', except he just dabbled with thyroid supplementation, I went all out with it. I've been on it for 5 years straight. So I guess fasting is currently isn't an option for me. I think thyroid supplementation helped me a bit (fin made my pulse and temps extremely low) but it's no cure. I still feel like crap when I check out where my baseline is at (while still on thyroid). I normally have to take a bit of Pansterone and some extra pregnenolone to feel ok.

Today marks 4 weeks of being on 12 pumps of Andro Hard daily. The cycle has gone fairly smooth. Any important advice for achieving that 'snap back' that you all speak of? I'm guessing I should continue to stay off pregnenolone and dhea for a couple weeks.

The next thing I plan to do is a TEI test.

I'm here to learn. Any advice, tips, and brutal honestly would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:

johnsmith

Nov 19, 2017
T.O. Canada
I recently finished my first 4 week cycle of Andro Hard a couple weeks ago and I think it helped a lot. This is the first time in four years that I've been able to go without supplementing neurosteroids like preg and dhea for longer then a week without feeling like garbage. It's been over two weeks and I feel fine. I'm only taking glycine, vitamins K, D, B's and sometimes some magnesium right now.

Next thing I need to do is find out what diet I should try. I''m guessing that one of the important factors in picking a diet is that I'm still taking synthetic thyroid...

Last edited:

slader1

Nov 17, 2019
Hey Johnsmith. Glad you enjoyed the Andro Hard. For some reason I am still reeling from it. I had bloods just come in today which showed my DHT actually decreased since 2 months ago. Seems inexplicable to me.

I would assume you would benefit from carbohydrates especially on thyroid, but it's certainly worth some experimentation.

johnsmith

Nov 19, 2017
T.O. Canada
Hey Johnsmith. Glad you enjoyed the Andro Hard. For some reason I am still reeling from it. I had bloods just come in today which showed my DHT actually decreased since 2 months ago. Seems inexplicable to me.

I would assume you would benefit from carbohydrates especially on thyroid, but it's certainly worth some experimentation.
DHT decreased? Sounds like another dose of backwards world for you.

I was also assuming I might not do as well without carbs, but lately I've been trying to eat all of my daily carbs in the evening. This seems to be working well, but I don't know for sure if this would actually benefit anything. I'm very new to these keto, low carb, and carb backloading diets and have lots to learn.

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
I recently finished my first 4 week cycle of Andro Hard a couple weeks ago and I think it helped a lot. This is the first time in four years that I've been able to go without supplementing neurosteroids like preg and dhea for longer then a week without feeling like garbage. It's been over two weeks and I feel fine. I'm only taking glycine, vitamins K, D, B's and sometimes some magnesium right now.

Next thing I need to do is find out what diet I should try. I''m guessing that one of the important factors in picking a diet is that I'm still taking synthetic thyroid...
Why were you supplementing preg and dhea? What were the benefits?

johnsmith

Nov 19, 2017
T.O. Canada
Because I spent a lot of time over at the Ray Peat forum and they talk about it a lot over there. But if it was overly good for PFS, people on this forum would probably be recommending it. I'm off it now and feeling fine.

Last edited:

boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017

Dude I truly think your symptoms were for supplementing thyroid and dhea for such a long period of time and you finally got off it that is why you feel like crap I don't think it was necessarily from the androhard alone.

slader1

Nov 17, 2019
Preg has been shown to be low in finasteride users in a study where they did a spinal tap. Preg converts mostly to progesterone and then to allopregnenlone, the important neurosteroid that I think pfs guys are deficient in (confirmed by study as well). The DHEA should increase DHT which is also low in fin users. Personally I have had good results using various methods of increasing DHT and ALLO, but nothing is ever quite enough. I think its because 5-ar is still downregulates and no matter how much we push upstream hormones like DHEA and PREG, the downstream DHT/ALLO remains insufficient for the nervous system to be satisfied.

DHT decreased? Sounds like another dose of backwards world for you.

I was also assuming I might not do as well without carbs, but lately I've been trying to eat all of my daily carbs in the evening. This seems to be working well, but I don't know for sure if this would actually benefit anything. I'm very new to these keto, low carb, and carb backloading diets and have lots to learn.
Yeah it feels like my DHT increased though. Makes no sense. It's the mental stuff that's really testing my metal now.

I tried keto for a couple days but went back to sugars. I think I need to give it more time though, like at least a month.

Dude I truly think your symptoms were for supplementing thyroid and dhea for such a long period of time and you finally got off it that is why you feel like crap I don't think it was necessarily from the androhard alone.
That's an idea I hadn't considered yet. The thing is I had onyl been using a drop or two of tyromix in the evening to support my sleep. I dranks tons of coffee though. And I actually quite different before and after the AndroHard. My head was not as messed up as it is now. Brainfog, headaches, concentration all worse. I do though have less anxiety and my erections are better.

johnsmith

Nov 19, 2017
T.O. Canada
Update : I tried Keto for two weeks, my vision became crystal clear, I suspect it lowered brain fog, but by week two I became so weak, my back would get tired just from standing, so I stopped it.

I'm experimenting with some of the herbs from CDnuts protocol and I'm still off of my usual neurosteroid routine and feeling good. Cold showers have been fun.

Why would my blood calcium levels be consistently slightly above range? It's a massive pain in the ass because I need to have my calcium levels in range for what I do for work. Would it have something to do with me supplementing thyroid? Are high blood calcium levels a bad thing? How could I lower it?

Last edited:

slader1

Nov 17, 2019
Update : I tried Keto for two weeks, my vision became crystal clear, I suspect it lowered brain fog, but by week two I became so weak, my back would get tired just from standing, so I stopped it.

I'm experimenting with some of the herbs from CDnuts protocol and I'm still off of my usual neurosteroid routine and feeling good.

Why would my blood calcium levels be consistently slightly above range? It's a massive pain in the ass because I need to have my calcium levels in range for what I do for work. Would it have something to do with me supplementing thyroid? Are high blood calcium levels a bad thing? How could I lower it?
Do you take magnesium or vitamin d?

johnsmith

Nov 19, 2017
T.O. Canada
Do you take magnesium or vitamin d?
I've been a bit inconsistent with my magnesium supplementation (Magnoil) but I've been trying to remember to take it more often because I suspect low mag might play a role in some of my problems.

I've also been a bit inconsistent with my vitamin D supplementation this winter after getting a 25-hydroxy d test last fall and finding that my results were ...118 (ref. 51-75). I was taking 4 drops of Calcirol topically daily and getting lots of sun but those levels still shocked me. I bet my levels are low now since it's winter and I've been supplementing it much less. I think I'll get it tested.