Jin Stewart Kills PFS ('Roid Rage)

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
Just ANOTHER update, mostly as @bruschi11 and @Ocguy (and also many others) are the gut-gurus around these parts, latest Genova test is in.

Gillian Hamer talked me through it last night. I think the gist is they messed up the protozoa part of the parasites part, and are sending a replacement test for that too. There's at least one (Klebsiella oxytoca) thing we want knocking out, and many beneficial elements we want bringing back up.

At this stage, as I mentioned in the other thread, VERY tempted to get antibiotics in and SLAY the fuck out of my bacteria for a fortnight, but I'll need to conclude the "post bloods" for the RU experiment first, and those bloods are next Friday.

Attachments

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Just ANOTHER update, mostly as @bruschi11 and @Ocguy (and also many others) are the gut-gurus around these parts, latest Genova test is in.

Gillian Hamer talked me through it last night. I think the gist is they messed up the protozoa part of the parasites part, and are sending a replacement test for that too. There's at least one (Klebsiella oxytoca) thing we want knocking out, and many beneficial elements we want bringing back up.

At this stage, as I mentioned in the other thread, VERY tempted to get antibiotics in and SLAY the fuck out of my bacteria for a fortnight, but I'll need to conclude the "post bloods" for the RU experiment first, and those bloods are next Friday.
Similar to mine. You need good guys badly. Don’t do antibiotics they could really set you back if you react like I did.

Try Chinese herbs, colloidal silver, MMS (miracle mineral supplement) before diving into abx. Oregano, Neem, berberine for sibo and take okra pepsin after meals. OCGUY gut drink once daily.

You seem like a relatively healthy guy (compared to those here) at this point in time as you can work, gym etc. Only use antibiotics in case of emergency when you’re in really bad spot. .

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
Similar to mine. You need good guys badly. Don’t do antibiotics they could really set you back if you react like I did.

Try Chinese herbs, colloidal silver, MMS (miracle mineral supplement) before diving into abx. Oregano, Neem, berberine for sibo and take okra pepsin after meals. OCGUY gut drink once daily.

You seem like a relatively healthy guy (compared to those here) at this point in time as you can work, gym etc. Only use antibiotics in case of emergency when you’re in really bad spot. .
Thanks Bruschi. I am pondering it tbh, but I'm not sure yet. Either way staying clean for the final RU bloods.

How did you react and what did you take can I ask?

Ocguy

May 7, 2018
Orange county

Your bifido is low, get on the gut drink and it will crowd out the bad guys.. no need to nuke everything, just harder to rebuild.. and something else undesirable would take over in the meantime , it usually always happens

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
Just a little catch up, but a few things I want to log whilst I remember, so I can paint a bit of a picture of me pre-fin.

Currently taking nothing much, ups and downs though. Post-RU bloods being taken a week tomorrow, then we'll see how that does. At the moment on the gut drink protocl and it's absolutely DELICIOUS made with kefir! Really, lovely stuff. Been a couple of weeks so far and think the ammonia smell from poop is diminishing hugely, or even gone now.

Next up after bloods will be either:

1g RU/day for 10 days
-or-
200mg RU/day for just shy of two months
-or-
60mg Ella/day for two weeks

I'm pondering these, not made my mind up yet. Of course, the Ella one we've not tried on the forum yet, so it might well end up being that.

Now, a few things I've remembered pre-fin. I just want to jot these down as we've been pondering liver and histamine and so on.

- Took fin for about 4 weeks, mid September 2018 to mid October 2018, summary in sig ofc. Got off and fine for a couple of weeks then crash. Usual story. I took very very little though.

- I was also using Nizoral shampoo 3x/week (Mon, Weds, Fri) for that 4 weeks.

- I had also been taking Saw Palmetto since July 2018. I stopped Saw Palmetto about two weeks after the crash (had no idea it also caused PFS until then.)

- I took prohormones (SuperDMZ) late July to August for 4 weeks, PCT of 40/40/20/20 tamoxifen late August to late September. Milk thistle and all 'usual' supporting supplements during the cycle. I'd done 2-3 cycles in previous years.

- I took pre-workout (creatine, BCAAs etc) for a couple of years on and off, with the odd break of a couple of weeks.

- For a couple of years before all this, and right up to crash, I took 90mg fexofenadine (antihistamine) every day. That's almost every day without fail for about 3 years as I'm allergic to my cat. Currently have no allergies post-crash so don't take it.

- I ate as per a bodybuilder, but not totally clean. No food allergies I knew of tbh. I have zero alcohol and hadn't drank for over a decade. Don't smoke either.

Just some bits I'm laying down for pondering.

EDIT: And lol also the pondering ofc leads me to think that, with my life of truly INSANE libido and unstoppable/almost permanent boners for years before fin could have been some action of the antihistamines. Maybe? Might be worth cycling/trying fexofenadine again, and see if it brings about the temporary improvements that cyprohexadine does for some.

Hmmmm...

Last edited:

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
Thursday today, second attempt at post-RU bloods coming up Monday.

I will order in Ella enough to do major doses, already have the RU prepped too.

However...

I'm probably going to be 3 weeks into the gut protocol by then, and I'm definitely better off in the poop department! Pondering St John's Wort as the next experiment it recovered some with PSSD.

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
Well I've been busy! Done the SJW trial and definitely got some benefits mentally! Nothing sexually though.

Having a solid think about ketotifen: https://hackstasis.com/threads/having-a-think-could-it-be-histamines.1795/#post-58444

Might run this along with gut protocol, Gillian Hamer's probiotics and exercise as usual. And maybe weekend licorice root. Could TOTALLY do with some improvements sexually.

Also ordered IHP's "Chinese herbs" which are due to arrive, so I'll have a little go on those too. By the sounds of it I'll be pooping more than I'm posting after that...

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
Yeah, I think the SJW run 'woke' something up. Not sure I feel like I keep getting better after it but I am going mentally in the right direction. I "feel more real and complete" slowly slowly. There are ups and downs but damn, it shifted something into gear.

I'm also taking 200ug Selenium daily as of a couple days ago (might drop to 100ug) and two drops iodine once/twice weekly. Just checking in with updated supps list:

AM:
Wormwood tablet
Black Walnut Hull tablet
Clove tablet
4 tabs Nystatin
Biokult probiotic
Jarrow S Boullardi tablet
Chinese herb drink

MIDDAY:
Chinese herbs dose 1 1 hour after lunch with hot Pau D'Arco tea.

PM:
BioNutri Taracyn
BioButri Eco Balance
Gut protocol drink with kefir (yum!)
4 tabs Nystatin
Chinese herbs dose 2 moments before sleep with chamomile tea.

Might log the Chinese herbs separately for ease of forum-ing.

Keep fighting gents, we'll get there. By which I mean Helen will figure this out! :)

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, I think the SJW run 'woke' something up. Not sure I feel like I keep getting better after it but I am going mentally in the right direction. I "feel more real and complete" slowly slowly. There are ups and downs but damn, it shifted something into gear.

I'm also taking 200ug Selenium daily as of a couple days ago (might drop to 100ug) and two drops iodine once/twice weekly. Just checking in with updated supps list:

AM:
Wormwood tablet
Black Walnut Hull tablet
Clove tablet
4 tabs Nystatin
Biokult probiotic
Jarrow S Boullardi tablet
Chinese herb drink

MIDDAY:
Chinese herbs dose 1 1 hour after lunch with hot Pau D'Arco tea.

PM:
BioNutri Taracyn
BioButri Eco Balance
Gut protocol drink with kefir (yum!)
4 tabs Nystatin
Chinese herbs dose 2 moments before sleep with chamomile tea.

Might log the Chinese herbs separately for ease of forum-ing.

Keep fighting gents, we'll get there. By which I mean Helen will figure this out! :)

Do you feel a difference from selenium?

it should speed up the thyroid, you had it low on your test, not even low like zero. Speeding up thyroid, increases estrogen which you had really low.

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
Do you feel a difference from selenium?

it should speed up the thyroid, you had it low on your test, not even low like zero.
Yeah it could well be this making a difference.

I'm on 200ug/day (PM) at the minute. Shall I drop it to 100ug?

All I notice is "feeling a little better" but I can't put it down to anything specific. Should it be making noticeable differences I could report back more effectively?

I'm also off for all those bloods today from the Ketotifen thread too (Calcium, Vit D 1.25D and normal vit D) which should be with us in 2 weeks tops.

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
Having said the above, I happily walked half an hour in the rain today because it just felt nice, like old times, rather than the deep chill and cold that got right inside me, which is what the first few months with PFS over the winter felt like, so I'm guessing thyroid is working away a bit better.

Have to admit too that a CRAVING for food came over me in a big way, so I ate an off-diet Subway Tuna footlong. Cheat meals are NOT a thing I do hardly at all, so I'm surprised at myself. And I "felt" kinda "male" just for a bit today.

Could be the selenium, the SJW rebound, the herbs, the gut protocol, the other supps, the sex or anything I guess, but I felt more like the old me.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Having said the above, I happily walked half an hour in the rain today because it just felt nice, like old times, rather than the deep chill and cold that got right inside me, which is what the first few months with PFS over the winter felt like, so I'm guessing thyroid is working away a bit better.

Have to admit too that a CRAVING for food came over me in a big way, so I ate an off-diet Subway Tuna footlong. Cheat meals are NOT a thing I do hardly at all, so I'm surprised at myself. And I "felt" kinda "male" just for a bit today.

Could be the selenium, the SJW rebound, the herbs, the gut protocol, the other supps, the sex or anything I guess, but I felt more like the old me.
I know that feeling when the body feels warm- where it hasn't in those type of conditions for a long time. Winter of 17-18 I couldn't believe that was what my body felt like. I loved going for runs in the cold, skiing, just getting fresh air outside, driving to work with my windows down. Its such an incredible feeling.

You are getting healthy. You are certainly doing it.

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
I
I know that feeling when the body feels warm- where it hasn't in those type of conditions for a long time. Winter of 17-18 I couldn't believe that was what my body felt like. I loved going for runs in the cold, skiing, just getting fresh air outside, driving to work with my windows down. Its such an incredible feeling.

You are getting healthy. You are certainly doing it.
I do actually want to be a little optimistic about this particularly, as I started "responding" to cold showers a few weeks ago; in fits and starts they felt refreshing like never before. Which was before the selenium. I'll drop that to 100ug/day (along with the couple drops of iodine twice a week) and see if it sticks. I do definitely feel progress here though, mentally rather than sexually although I do just about function ok when I get to it. Masturbation oddly not as good eq. But in a general sense I think I am making definite progress.

And thanks much to yourself and to Helen and to everyone for all the help with it! :)

So, I have in hand a 6-sample saliva cortisol test, which I plan to use next Friday before my weekend licorice root doses, plus a hormone panel blood test which I'll also do that morning, just to see where I'm at at the moment.

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
  • Deleted by jinstewart
  • Reason: Duplicate
Show…

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
Just a small check-in. A few interesting theories popping up on propeciahelp, along with another recovery!

Recovered from DAA and Butea/boosting test in specific ways: My "full recovery" from a 5ar inhibitor

Role of estrogen in potentially recovering: Are we significantly overlooking the potential importance of estradiol/estrogen with regards to androgenization?

Clomid and zinc temporary sexual recovery: I want to share something interesting I discovered that temporarily restores my old erect penis size

Very interesting...

Anyways, updated supps list just for the record:

AM:
Wormwood, clove and black walnut hull extracts
Sodium Butyrate (RDA)
Nystatin (4 tabs)
Biokult probiotic
"Chinese herbs"

After lunch:
"Chinese herbs"

PM:
Gut protocol drink
Wormwood, clove and black walnut hull again
Sodium Butyrate (RDA again)
Nystatin (4 tabs)
BioNutri Taracyn
BioButri Eco Balance
Selenium 100ug
"Chinese herbs" before bed.

Sleep is pretty good, sex is pretty bad (and gotten I think slightly worse but these Chinese herbs and all the shitting are taking a toll and I'm losing weight too.) I "feel" better though, in my head. The "sour headache" I thought I shook on the SJW is trying to creep back, but there's more of the old me "in the way" in my head and I can kinda shake it off. Cold showers all the way too, they feel pretty ok!

ACHING for some sexual improvement. Just DYING for some, but I can just about have sex. Godddd, progress but a little frustrating. I'll give the Chinese herbs another couple of weeks but I got the most improvement from the SJW, no doubt there. Plus a sexual upswing of sorts before it just kinda collapsed.

Last edited:

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
International Waters - Whaling
www.youtube.com
Feeling a little bit better is a big step. Felt like 0.1% better juice feasting like 18 days + in a row, thn agn so arnd 2months w/ some breaks (3 max, Nov, Dec pre and post xmas).

Maybe 1-2% better weeks into water fasting. Maybe it was quicker but yeah, literally smirked (mostly only smirk anyways pre pfs to be honest) on day 11 and 18 of water fasting Jan 2018. Smirked a tiny bit more. Watched some family guy, american dad while refeeding and eating vegan once a day (no other meals) a few weeks to a month later. Etc, etc.

(masturbated like 10hrs at a time sometimes just a few months later, randro/4andro working out daily. literally over 600 wrkouts since last Feb or March).
i.e. hypo/mania, sex drive, all that came back. never thought it would. (mostly i nofap, im too much of an addict to not try that). sti tests twice-ish at the hospital months/year after that. (only freaked out one of those times and only a little bit). sexual improvement comes. used randro/4andro fasting ella ru and pct - those herbs for lots of that.
-actually dont think i freaked out too too much, only one time, but it was mostly because the exact same kind of thing led to bipolar diagnosis a few yrs ago (or them mentioning it). i mean going to sex clinic reminded me of risky activities and someone there saying that.

Last edited:

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
Okay, harsh weekend in terms of mental sides rearing up again. Reaching for the SJW and it's just dynamite for PFS that stuff.

I took bloods this morning as I'm thinking of running gut protocol, Gillian Hamer's supps, Helen's Silodyx/R-Andro AND SJW together WITH IHP's antiviral/antibacterials for a mad sledgehammer, then stop dead after a month. If I do this I'll log it.

Seriously nothing so far has come close to the huge improvements I got on SJW. Just 450mg/day AM changes the world. I can't NOT take it given the quality of life it gave me.

Walker

Oct 7, 2017
Mountain Brook, AL
Okay, harsh weekend in terms of mental sides rearing up again. Reaching for the SJW and it's just dynamite for PFS that stuff.

I took bloods this morning as I'm thinking of running gut protocol, Gillian Hamer's supps, Helen's Silodyx/R-Andro AND SJW together WITH IHP's antiviral/antibacterials for a mad sledgehammer, then stop dead after a month. If I do this I'll log it.

Seriously nothing so far has come close to the huge improvements I got on SJW. Just 450mg/day AM changes the world. I can't NOT take it given the quality of life it gave me.
Only thing I'm going to suggest here - and @bruschi11 can chime in to as I've told him this in the past. Sledgehammer isn't always as good an idea as it sounds. There are SO many interactions going on there with those supplements/combinations, and doing ALL of that at once - well, it's going to be near impossible to tell what is working for you, what is not, what is making you feel bad, etc.

If you're going to take the risk on some of those, like Silodyx/R-Andro, I would recommend running it alone. Now as far as supps + gut protocol, sure. But when you're throwing in prohormones, pharms, etc - with SJW, and gut protocol..... I'd keep it a little more simple than that.

Just my .02.

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
Only thing I'm going to suggest here - and @bruschi11 can chime in to as I've told him this in the past. Sledgehammer isn't always as good an idea as it sounds. There are SO many interactions going on there with those supplements/combinations, and doing ALL of that at once - well, it's going to be near impossible to tell what is working for you, what is not, what is making you feel bad, etc.

If you're going to take the risk on some of those, like Silodyx/R-Andro, I would recommend running it alone. Now as far as supps + gut protocol, sure. But when you're throwing in prohormones, pharms, etc - with SJW, and gut protocol..... I'd keep it a little more simple than that.

Just my .02.
Definitely appreciate what you're saying for sure. Idk though, turning the issue on it's head we don't know how to fix PFS (or the varied and complex series of things that might be PFS) and I'm more keen on throwing a few things at it at once to see if it either crumbles or crumbles on snapback.

As far as I can see it (and it's an uneducated crap-shoot ofc) you'll maybe have a gut problem somewhere, and that'll be the 'root' of your PFS - but I could be fairly sure I've almost exhausted that approach. I'll be happier in saying that if nothing here helps and I've spent the ten months IHP did on the antifungals. But I did run nystatin for a couple of months earlier in the year, and it did nothing, so I'm not sure candida or fungus is my particular problem. R-Andro it's been so long since I ran I can't really recall, but it wasn't night and day in terms of improvement.

SJW however DID something. So the temptation is there to stack it with another thing. This did more than RU, which was a fairly 'meh' experience. My allergies just started to JUST ABOUT give me a sneeze or two throughout the day also on the SJW. I think my issue is a receptor somewhere, or series of them, and maybe that'll be the 'root' of my PFS, and it might well be fixed by tinkering with these for a few months and watching bloods.

Come to think of it, I'm only the herb rotation away from CD's TMO protocol - I do everything else on it kinda naturally. I might put that up as an option if I spend too long chasing some of the quicker fixes.

SJW or not though I'm interested to try Helen's Silodyx/R-Andro, so I might just do that. Still not fully decided.

IHP's and Chi's antifungals and nystatin I'm just tempted to run anyway until I'm out. Might as well use them. I've no problem running at least gut protocol and those alongside whatever I'm up to. I agree SJW and the rest might potentially be a bit of an unknown, but then again, none of us do know what we're doing. If I start feeling worse I can always start eliminating.

Last edited:

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
I wouldn’t go so nuts on gut right like you are going. You’re definitely hurting yourself in ways. Hell I just did a colon cleanse while running ARLish and it was horrid the ending.

Doing too much with that IHP Chinese herbs cleanse while doing rest of stuff you are doing. Do one gut thing at a time. Big thing is knowing what is benefitting you here.. you can’t stack like 10 things at once.

I strongly suggest you get a hair test man. Focus on both that and the gut as you are. You don’t have to run exact programs but having hair test on hand to understand body chemistry is so key. Also the nutreval is probably the best test if you can afford it.

But don’t go all in killing yourself with gut. Or NB. Make sure you can go at them while living strong life. Exercising crucial.

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
I wouldn’t go so nuts on gut right like you are going. You’re definitely hurting yourself in ways. Hell I just did a colon cleanse while running ARLish and it was horrid the ending.

Doing too much with that IHP Chinese herbs cleanse while doing rest of stuff you are doing. Do one gut thing at a time. Big thing is knowing what is benefitting you here.. you can’t stack like 10 things at once.

I strongly suggest you get a hair test man. Focus on both that and the gut as you are. You don’t have to run exact programs but having hair test on hand to understand body chemistry is so key. Also the nutreval is probably the best test if you can afford it.

But don’t go all in killing yourself with gut. Or NB. Make sure you can go at them while living strong life. Exercising crucial.
Did get a hair test, in sig. Honestly I'm not sold on TEI/ARl, sorry. It's fixed nobody. If it's the route people want to take then definitely fair enough, but I don't see it solving PFS anywhere even after folks being on it more than a year. I'm sure it is a little bit of help for overall health though, but I just cannot see it actually curing this.

I seriously think building on things that have been successful for me will be key, with experiments along the way. Nothing helped PFS like SJW did for me, so I think that's my angle.
IHP certainly did not do one gut thing at a time and got better, so as you can imagine I'm sorely tempted to build on things that do actually seem to work for me.

What I might debate keeping is the SJW, Chinese herbs and the gut protocol, and running that a bit longer. SJW at 450mg for now seems to still be pretty strong! But it staves off the sour headache very well, and doesn't leave me too 'blissed out' to function and lift.