Is Coffee (specifically caffeine) as healthy as Ray Peat says?

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
No. Just no.

I just know it from nearly 2.5 years of non stop work in fixing my body. My best times, my setbacks. Its a treat. It’s a bandaid at times. But if you’re seeking long term healing and you’re not healthy- just stop caffeine.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
This is the exact thing I worry about when it comes to coffee. Greg, the researcher for the b2/ RNB protocol several of us are working with here, has stated how potassium sufficiency is one of the most important factors for his protocol to work. He says to stay away from alcohol and caffeine as intake can have major negative consequences in the potassium sufficiency department.

I've been maintaining the belief that we need to make our systems capable of retaining potassium. Seeing zinc/progesterone paying major dividends in allowing the body to do so. Been having 2-3 decaf coffees weekly. Enjoying them but treading cautiously.

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
This is the exact thing I worry about when it comes to coffee. Greg, the researcher for the b2/ RNB protocol several of us are working with here, has stated how potassium sufficiency is one of the most important factors for his protocol to work. He says to stay away from alcohol and caffeine as intake can have major negative consequences in the potassium sufficiency department.

I've been maintaining the belief that we need to make our systems capable of retaining potassium. Seeing zinc/progesterone paying major dividends in allowing the body to do so. Been having 2-3 decaf coffees weekly. Enjoying them but treading cautiously.
I had almost zero potassium on the hairtest and I had to stop coffee because I couldnt handle it. Look really tired, like an allergic reaction feel desperate and feel I need alcohol to calm me down. It also made be bleed down there. Since my adrenalin doesnt seem to work it really hard to cut coffee. Tried decaf but it gave me a rash on the neck, some chemicals are used to bind to the caffeine to remove it so decaf has to be full of residues.

Bankai900

May 27, 2019
Poland
I love coffee because I LOVE the taste of something warm during the day and tea doesn't fkin cut it, so I still drink it every day 1-3 cups. But EVERY SINGLE TIME I drink coffee it makes me sleepy. If you feel better from it, I'd say it's good. Just like 1/2 -1beer a day is good. I think our bodies benefit from a lot of things in small doses.
It's funny cuz when I drink a energy drink like Red bull or Rockstar I get a incredible energy boost with no real drop, but a cup of coffee and bam I feel fucked.

Trump_1776

May 5, 2018
United States
Ray peat suggests coffee and aspirin for various things. Does that Sound good to you?