Interesting protocol for restoring glutathione and functional vitamin B2. ( CFS)

opiath

Oct 18, 2017
Bulgaria
Malic acid definitely works but only like a band aid.
I doesn't fix the root problem. Only gives you a little push.
It you take it daily it becomes too much acid for the body.

I ordered L-Malic Acid once to try to buffer it after I realised got too acidic from eating lots of apples.
I open 3-4 capsules and mix them in water together with baking soda. It becomes sodium malate.
It boosts NAPDH instantly. For me this means I get some good bile flow (I feel the gallbladder squirts) and regular bowel movements.
You get too much sodium this way though and it doesn't fix the G6PD problem.

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
iodide converts into iodine with the help of DUOX. which is NADPH oxidase

which is FAD enzyme but uses NADPH . So if there is no NADPH then FAD is not needed. and there is no iodine.

Selenium is part of glutathione peroxidase, which uses glutathione as a cofactor. and this glutathione is recycled by glutathione reductase which FAD enzyme with NADPH as a cofactor.

NADPH is provided to glutathione reductase by CATALASE which acts like a pool of NADPH holding onto 7 NADPH)))

So if there is no NADPH, this all falls apart.

FIN kills NADPH and this all falls apart

body compensates by increasing INSULIN and probably pumping G6PD if it can.

if it cant' then hemolytic Anemia. and crash while on FIN.
so since I don't have G6PD deficiency (I don't think but I will avoid beans to make sure), if I keep eating sugar I should be fine lol. But then I wonder if high/insensitive cortisol + this high insulin = diabetes. this drug is fcked. I may just end it cold turkey. This taper might be nonsense anyways

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
Malic acid definitely works but only like a band aid.
I doesn't fix the root problem. Only gives you a little push.
It you take it daily it becomes too much acid for the body.

I ordered L-Malic Acid once to try to buffer it after I realised got too acidic from eating lots of apples.
I open 3-4 capsules and mix them in water together with baking soda. It becomes sodium malate.
It boosts NAPDH instantly. For me this means I get some good bile flow (I feel the gallbladder squirts) and regular bowel movements.
You get too much sodium this way though and it doesn't fix the G6PD problem.
Did you take fin?

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Actually after rereading the original link with the protocol it's suggests this multivitamin at the end of the article. And if you read the ingredients it has everything in proper form

Alive! Once Daily Women’s 50+ Ultra / 60 Tabs - Nature's Way®.

Do you say everything needed with links as supplements its already in the protocols page written by the man !? Looks like someone is done the whole work already. Only left is just click and order the oils :))

Nevermind cianocobalamin in those multi, the oils has the right forms, but zn oxide, mg oxide etc.

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
iodide converts into iodine with the help of DUOX. which is NADPH oxidase

which is FAD enzyme but uses NADPH . So if there is no NADPH then FAD is not needed. and there is no iodine.

Selenium is part of glutathione peroxidase, which uses glutathione as a cofactor. and this glutathione is recycled by glutathione reductase which FAD enzyme with NADPH as a cofactor.

NADPH is provided to glutathione reductase by CATALASE which acts like a pool of NADPH holding onto 7 NADPH)))

So if there is no NADPH, this all falls apart.

FIN kills NADPH and this all falls apart

body compensates by increasing INSULIN and probably pumping G6PD if it can.

if it cant' then hemolytic Anemia. and crash while on FIN.
what are some things that can crash G6PD, besides beans?

G6PD inhibitors are under investigation to treat cancers and other conditions.[17] In vitrocell proliferation assay indicates that G6PD inhibitors, DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) and ANAD (6-aminonicotinamide), effectively decrease the growth of AML cell lines.[19][20] G6PD is hypomethylated at K403 in acute myeloid leukemia, SIRT2 activates G6PD to enhance NADPH production and promote leukemia cell proliferation.[20] So NADPH is generally an antioxidant kind of , but in cancer that is bad.

Last edited:

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
Actually after rereading the original link with the protocol it's suggests this multivitamin at the end of the article. And if you read the ingredients it has everything in proper form

Alive! Once Daily Women’s 50+ Ultra / 60 Tabs - Nature's Way®.
I looked at this. I'm concerned about some of the natural ingredients like the mushroom and the grapefruit extract. Otherwise it looks good.

The Thorne was also better in terms of dosages. Why does he think that those forms of selenium and molybdenum "don't work," I wonder.

Last edited:

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
what are some things that can crash G6PD, besides beans?

G6PD inhibitors are under investigation to treat cancers and other conditions.[17] In vitrocell proliferation assay indicates that G6PD inhibitors, DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) and ANAD (6-aminonicotinamide), effectively decrease the growth of AML cell lines.[19][20] G6PD is hypomethylated at K403 in acute myeloid leukemia, SIRT2 activates G6PD to enhance NADPH production and promote leukemia cell proliferation.[20] So NADPH is generally an antioxidant kind of , but in cancer that is bad.

what are you trying to accomplish))

bottom line, if you bind NADPH by fin, this kills glutathione, and your RBCs break down, and the stuff leaks out , like folate.

so it is folate deficiency ))

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
what are you trying to accomplish))

bottom line, if you bind NADPH by fin, this kills glutathione, and your RBCs break down, and the stuff leaks out , like folate.

so it is folate deficiency ))
To restore glutathione by increasing NADPH. One way to do so would be to keep G6PD high.

Bankai900

May 27, 2019
Poland
To restore glutathione by increasing NADPH. One way to do so would be to keep G6PD high.
So how do you raise g6p? I'm sorry I've no idea bout this stuff, literally only thing I ever found mentioning of g6p besides Helen here is in videos of Danny Roddy who claimed constant intake of fruits would raise g6p if I remember that right. Which is interesting since right after my crash fruits were the only thing I could eat and had a TREMENDOUS effect on my mood. Biting into an orange made me go from EXTREME anger to calmed down and happy.

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
So how do you raise g6p? I'm sorry I've no idea bout this stuff, literally only thing I ever found mentioning of g6p besides Helen here is in videos of Danny Roddy who claimed constant intake of fruits would raise g6p if I remember that right. Which is interesting since right after my crash fruits were the only thing I could eat and had a TREMENDOUS effect on my mood. Biting into an orange made me go from EXTREME anger to calmed down and happy.
Yeah exactly, sugar and calories, and protein are the most important for G6PD pathway. Specific minerals such as zinc, manganese and magnesium come next. Also if you have G6PD deficiencies avoid beans and I would get that checked on a genetic test.

For other sources of NADPH though you can increase malic acid.

If one of these pathways goes down youre going to get high glutamate from another pathway which is trying to restore NADPH, which results in high glutamate. You need b6 to turn this into GABA otherwise you will have too much excitation. I believe this happened to me.

Since I'm on fin, I still believe I'm screwed. My glutathione can only be raised so much and NADPH can only be kept so high...I'm not exactly sure on HOW fin is capable of binding so much NADPH and imprisoning it.

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
That protocol above plus the b12 protocol mentioned could restore FAD and NADPH and thereby glutathione. And for me, I'm going to add in Gilbert-specific vitamins and nutrients.

But again, as @Helen has mentioned, Operation Restore Glutathione may be a mission impossible while on Finasteride, since NADPH is down and may not get back up.

In which case I need an extraction mission: How to escape Fin without PFS, and while retaining my hair (although this is a secondary consideration lol).

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
That protocol above plus the b12 protocol mentioned could restore FAD and NADPH and thereby glutathione. And for me, I'm going to add in Gilbert-specific vitamins and nutrients.

But again, as @Helen has mentioned, Operation Restore Glutathione may be a mission impossible while on Finasteride, since NADPH is down and may not get back up.

In which case I need an extraction mission: How to escape Fin without PFS, and while retaining my hair (although this is a secondary consideration lol).

also dont forget that Jack17 went back on fin. to feel normal))

so killing NADPH a little made him better. I guess.

but he was high DHT case,

you dont even know what case you are high or low ))

come off of fin, and then decide what to do,

Go on DUTA like JACK17 really low dosage and see if your DHT stays in a good range.

this way you can be lucky and keep hair and feel normal)))

that is if you are a high DHT case

Jack17 always felt great on duta, and never crashed, he crashed when he came off.

So this is why he felt better back on it.

|But if you do crash on fin, that means that glut crashes, and needs to be restored I guess.

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
also dont forget that Jack17 went back on fin. to feel normal))

so killing NADPH a little made him better. I guess.

but he was high DHT case,

you dont even know what case you are high or low ))

come off of fin, and then decide what to do,
Yeah.That is interesting, and he is taking dutasteride which should kill more NADPH, in theory, right? Unless I am confused about how dutasteride works relative to fin.

Perhaps it has something to do with dutasteride having a much longer half-life?? Honestly Idk this is speculative. But It's very strange how killing NADPH further would make him feel good.
Maybe should just go on dut

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Yeah.That is interesting, and he is taking dutasteride which should kill more NADPH, in theory, right? Unless I am confused about how dutasteride works relative to fin.

Perhaps it has something to do with dutasteride having a much longer half-life?? Honestly Idk this is speculative. But It's very strange how killing NADPH further would make him feel good.
Maybe should just go on dut

what do you mean further. he was killing NADPH with duta and felt great,

then came off and felt terrible.

may be NADPH was high . after he came off. thus he had high DHT

but also could be that gaba was too strong, and was inhibiting 3 alpha hsd

so killing DHT lowered 3 adiol and allopregnenolone a little and sped up his metabolism.

also a possibility that too much NADPH, requires too much FAD.

Bankai900

May 27, 2019
Poland
Would fixing g6pd deficiency be a potential fix for male pattern baldness then when off fin/after crash? I don't know in what direction to read anymore
I felt like regrowing hair right before I took fin, it was my major decision to take fin. Thought if I can get my hair back slowly with lifestyle/diet fin will just make it come back 3x faster. SomebodyAlex was the guy who regrow half of his hair (withfin/min) with extreme strong emphasis on antiinflammatory diet etc.
@Kjbigman what test is that, how to get?

Edit: and is it worth to do a bloodtest for glutathione markers?

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
Would fixing g6pd deficiency be a potential fix for male pattern baldness then when off fin/after crash? I don't know in what direction to read anymore
I felt like regrowing hair right before I took fin, it was my major decision to take fin. Thought if I can get my hair back slowly with lifestyle/diet fin will just make it come back 3x faster. SomebodyAlex was the guy who regrow half of his hair (withfin/min) with extreme strong emphasis on antiinflammatory diet etc.
@Kjbigman what test is that, how to get?

Edit: and is it worth to do a bloodtest for glutathione markers?
You can go to a geneticist and get it, maybe your normal doc can. I used 23andme.com. You can also test by eating beans and seeing if you crash. Wouldn't be fun though. Yes definitely worth checking glutathione markers as well if you can afford it but these things can be pretty expensive, and this is my biggest issue right now.

As far as G6PD deficiency causing hair loss, I am not sure. If G6PD is low and NADPH is low, maybe DHT would also be low.

I wonder if maybe hair loss can be cured by increasing metabolism of DHT out of the scalp tissue. Like, we know it is converted to 3-adiol and allopreg, but some of these convert back to DHT, and if you have slow glucuronidation (as well as high toxic burden in other areas of the body) maybe these substances can build up and stay there too long. This would also cause over-exaggeration of GABA too I guess and the body would shut down 3a-hsd as @Helen has said. So maybe speeding up UG1AT1 by taking calcium d-glucarate would help you, even if you don't have Gilbert's like me. Also heard Rhubarb is good for this.

Bankai900

May 27, 2019
Poland
I've probably lost way more money neglecting my work reading than I'd spent on tests, I'm stuck into thinking hairloss is a health issue which needs to be fixed. And I'd love to do it. But guess it's time to throw the towel.

Offtopic might be interesting tho.
In my village we had a very heavy alcoholic (daily high amounts for decades with MAYBE some weeks break here and there) and smoker.
He died 2 days ago, complete NW0 at the age of 58 I think. His brother some years younger, doesn't drink doesn't smoke a nw5,5. On face they had like 15years difference tho, alcoholic very damaged.