Interesting protocol for restoring glutathione and functional vitamin B2. ( CFS)

Orion

Oct 3, 2017
I’ve been warned to tread cautiously in regards to Vit d supplementation. But I’m going to try it and do so.

I actually did use it a bit when I was recovering a couple years ago.

Must say vitamin c intake has been nice recently too. Malic acid right now is nice getting ready for a liver flush next week.

@Helen @Orion is it ok to eat meat day of liver flush? Lol I‘d rather not cut it out, I’m a big meat eater on this protocol.
I have been following the mantra to only get D from the sun for a long time. I think I might start doing some small topical doses, that interview on biome making your own Bs and in the proper ratios, with help from vit D got me thinking. That and this protocol may be the magic spark. Not getting much vitD right now in the dead of winter.

During the flush day it is mentioned to go low fat, to build pressure in the gall bladder, so I guess lean meat would be ok. Should try and keep the food intake light on the flush day and fast a few hours before hand.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I’ve been warned to tread cautiously in regards to Vit d supplementation. But I’m going to try it and do so.

I actually did use it a bit when I was recovering a couple years ago.

Cautious in what regard, to add it on small increments or to not give it at all ? Does that warning meant after taking into account your ' vit D' status or it was a general recc about supplemental D ? Your blood D's have been below lab range a year ago. This dr's protocol Orion posted about makes sense, but as she says, D must be brought above certain range first and then start to push other nutrients. What she says actually is that those nutrients can repair microbiome but also microbiome is supposed to produce many of them.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Cautious in what regard, to add it on small increments or to not give it at all ? Does that warning meant after taking into account your ' vit D' status or it was a general recc about supplemental D ? Your blood D's have been below lab range a year ago. This dr's protocol Orion posted about makes sense, but as she says, D must be brought above certain range first and then start to push other nutrients. What she says actually is that those nutrients can repair microbiome but also microbiome is supposed to produce many of them.
From what I gathered its a debatable subject. Must say, I've always gotten to elevate it pretty quickly in years past from just a low dose like 5000IU daily. I started it last night and it certainly seems to fill a vacancy.

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
I have been following the mantra to only get D from the sun for a long time. I think I might start doing some small topical doses, that interview on biome making your own Bs and in the proper ratios, with help from vit D got me thinking. That and this protocol may be the magic spark. Not getting much vitD right now in the dead of winter.

During the flush day it is mentioned to go low fat, to build pressure in the gall bladder, so I guess lean meat would be ok. Should try and keep the food intake light on the flush day and fast a few hours before hand.

Greg’s take on vitamin D:

#VitaminD #TheNexusTheory #Autism
#Dosage

Yes the vitamin D story.
In our evolution, the need for vitamin D was so great (my theory) that as we moved from the equator, we actually depigmented our skin and our eyes.
Vitamin D works with melatonin (from B12) in the differentiation of neuronal stem cells to make myelin producing oligodendrocytes. If you don't make myelin, all your conduction speeds are low, and myelination appears to be the way we speed up learning by myelinating often used pathways.

In the Nexus Theory, vitamin D is critical, as too iron/B12 (and with B12, active B2).

How much, you ask? Well supplement studies with 400 IU showed little to no benefit. The more the vitamin D, the faster the mitochondria, it is like they slow down under hibernation conditions - seems logical, methinks.

I have 1000 IU/dose in the B12 Ice.

Studies with MS have used 20,000 and more, BUT, ❗️you can't activate it to 1,25 diOH D, if you are low in iron/B12/FAD.❗️

You get 20,000 IU from 30 minutes in the sun over here. Levels fluctuate according to season.

You need your levels to be in the upper quadrant of normal for 25OHD, the most commonly measured vitamin D analogue. Nearly every kid I have data for is below 40, and many below 20.

Suggestions are that vitamin D should be greater than
75 nmol/L=30ng/ml .
In the UK, over 20% of people are ,25 nmol/L=10 ng/ml all year round!!

In South Korea - one of the highest countries for rates of ASD, vitamin D deficiency was over 80% in females in 2014. (See Park etal, Medicine (2018) 97:26)

My suggestion would be at least 2000 IU/day, and stay away from that skin-whitening pot.

As for stopping people using cosmetics with high SPF values, Do you honestly think that whilst a person thinks that there is a possibility that they are going to get a wrinkle on their face, that they would forego the cosmetic? Do you honestly think that those cosmetic companies are going to put out a product without it, particularly when they have spent so much time developing skin tone cosmetics, which enables them to cover both UVA and UVB.
Mmm, I am normally an optimist, or at least a realist, and am thinking "Not Bloody Likely".

Best wishes,
Greg”©️

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
Wow! Huge revelation yesterday! For the last 14 years I’ve tried so many times to get my thyroid levels up. No matter what form or combo the same thing would happen. I would get this horrible crushing fatigue, air hunger, anxiety, and just the absolute worst feeling imaginable . It’s almost indescribable but very specific to thyroid meds. I would also get this weird symptom where my fingertips would become super sensitive. Almost that “nails on chalkboard” feeling. I couldn’t touch certain fabrics. Yesterday I started getting the same symptoms.

So obviously this protocol had started resining my thyroid levels, as expected. I was hoping doing this this way opposed to thyroid meds would work differently. Gentler. But no. So because this protocol calls for extra potassium when symptoms hit I decided to give it a try. In ten minutes all symptoms abated. Same thing happened this morning. Had awful anxiety exhaustion shortness of breathe symptoms. So took a glass of water with potassium and symptoms vanished. So I’m wondering all this time if my intolerance to thyroid meds was due to potassium tanking? I would have never realized this had it not been for Greg protocol. This is a huge revelation for me. Wondering why raising thyroid depletes potassium for me? I always thought that thyroid raising was lowering my cortisol too much. So what is this cortisol/potassium connection @bruschi11 @Helen and how would this fit what’s happening with me?

Last edited:

MCurtone

Apr 7, 2019
Canada
I read a lot of controversy around Vitamin D and that its not good to supplement it, you can go toxic quickly and cause problems. The best is always sunlight and food. Here in Toronto, Canada, we don't get any sun in the winter. I don't tolerate dairy either so its really hard to get vitamin d.

I've been lucky enough to get fresh, organic, grass-fed lamb brains the last 2 weeks from my butcher. Apparently the brain is the richest source of vitamin d of all organs in mammals, I'm looking somewhere to confirm this, but makes sense to me.

The last couple weeks my diet has consisted of:

Raw lean steaks
Raw beef fat (trimmings)
Unheated honey
Raw beef liver
Raw lamb brain
Sparkling Water (San Pellegrino)

That's it, and of course the supplements: Io/Se/Mo, B1/B2 & Sodium Butyrate.

Still nothing to note, no big changes yet. I plan on adding Malic Acid today/tomorrow for further NADPH support and to prepare for liver flushes.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Wow! Huge revelation yesterday! For the last 14 years I’ve tried so many times to get my thyroid levels up. No matter what form or combo the same thing would happen. I would get this horrible crushing fatigue, air hunger, anxiety, and just the absolute worst feeling imaginable . It’s almost indescribable but very specific to thyroid meds. I would also get this weird symptom where my fingertips would become super sensitive. Almost that “nails on chalkboard” feeling. I couldn’t touch certain fabrics. Yesterday I started getting the same symptoms.

So obviously this protocol had started resining my thyroid levels, as expected. I was hoping doing this this way opposed to thyroid meds would work differently. Gentler. But no. So because this protocol calls for extra potassium when symptoms hit I decided to give it a try. In ten minutes all symptoms abated. Same thing happened this morning. Had awful anxiety exhaustion shortness of breathe symptoms. So took a glass of water with potassium and symptoms vanished. So I’m wondering all this time if my intolerance to thyroid meds was due to potassium tanking? I would have never realized this had it not been for Greg protocol. This is a huge revelation for me. Wondering why raising thyroid depletes potassium for me? I always thought that thyroid raising was lowering my cortisol too much. So what is this cortisol/potassium connection @bruschi11 and how would this fit what’s happening with me?
I don't know how to explain this exactly. But @Helen has taught it that potassium utilization is basically your cortisol levels. If your cortisol goes high your potassium is put into the cell. If cortisol is being blocked from being used by the cells, your potassium is being blocked. Hence fasting blocks potassium in the cell. Ozone speeds potassium into the cell.

It is gigantic in how we look at nutrition. As the goal of nutritional balancing is basically to get you body to run smoothly on cortisol (potassium.) You don't want to push potassium into cell too quickly or too slowly. That is why I've been saying that we need to retain potassium on this protocol as cortisol has soared for me at times. It seems like vitamin d is having a good affect for me in retaining either b2 and/or potassium.

Zinc important in retaining potassium as when you increase preg--> prog via zinc, excess progesterone slows its own conversion to cortisol. Hence retaining potassium.

Ingeno

May 18, 2018
London
Really great that some of you are benefiting. Sadly for me I'm feeling pretty bad lately. I tried working up my dosages of iodide, selenium and molybdenum slowly and been on B2 for a couple of weeks now but I'm usually waking up groggy and not rested. I sleep pretty okay but I still wake up in the middle of the night and then have a hard time falling asleep again, once I fall asleep again I do sleep well, but still waking up unrested. Hair loss increased as well and I feel pretty bad overall, low motivation and brain fog. Also cold hads and feet again. Maybe the dosages are wrong or I'm missing other nutrients.

I must say I had a couple of days where I felt pretty good on this protocol but overall I'm declining in my wellbeing.

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
Really great that some of you are benefiting. Sadly for me I'm feeling pretty bad lately. I tried working up my dosages of iodide, selenium and molybdenum slowly and been on B2 for a couple of weeks now but I'm usually waking up groggy and not rested. I sleep pretty okay but I still wake up in the middle of the night and then have a hard time falling asleep again, once I fall asleep again I do sleep well, but still waking up unrested. Hair loss increased as well and I feel pretty bad overall, low motivation and brain fog. Also cold hads and feet again. Maybe the dosages are wrong or I'm missing other nutrients.

I must say I had a couple of days where I felt pretty good on this protocol but overall I'm declining in my wellbeing.
Honestly I’ve been struggling as well. Almost as soon as I started I couldn’t wake up in the mornings, lots of exhaustion cold hands and feet etc. I hit another wall yesterday with a bunch of new symptoms, I believe from adding full dose of b12 too quickly. I’m pretty sure you’re in fb group. But if you read through others experiences it’s pretty standard to feel crummy. I mean, how long we have been deficient? It’s going to be a lot longer process than a month. And a lot of people in the group literally start with one drop of one of the cofactors. It might take them six months just to get on full protocol.
You have to do what feels right. I just think you maybe went too fast and expected things to get better right away. Hair loss can happen when the body is adjusting. Not sure what test you have gotten this far. But even if you just have a hair test I’d send an email to Greg. Let him take a look. It’s free, he literally emailed me back within 24 hours.
Sorry your struggling, I’m not trying to tell you what to do. Just giving you my thoughts:)
I have spent so many hours reading through the fb group and everyone’s experiences. Like ocd level reading. And that’s my take on how this process goes.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
I just think we are all different and the protocol itself is far too “one size fits all.” I see this pathway as gigantic in the nutritional balancing field. Just a discovery that should be acted on by us, but incorporated into a NB program

We don’t know if @Ingeno is hurting himself with iodine. We don’t know if he’s severely deficient in b2.

For me, I’m lucky. I had testing done. I’ve been on a NB protocol and my best week was a few weeks before i knew of Greg. I was on big dose b2, moly 100mcg, selenium, and plenty of zinc, magnesium, calcium which are really helping me.

I’ve seen the reality of how important b2 deficiency is. And of course I’m acting on it, I’d be crazy not to based on prior results and windows of success since.

Ingeno

May 18, 2018
London
Honestly I’ve been struggling as well. Almost as soon as I started I couldn’t wake up in the mornings, lots of exhaustion cold hands and feet etc. I hit another wall yesterday with a bunch of new symptoms, I believe from adding full dose of b12 too quickly. I’m pretty sure you’re in fb group. But if you read through others experiences it’s pretty standard to feel crummy. I mean, how long we have been deficient? It’s going to be a lot longer process than a month. And a lot of people in the group literally start with one drop of one of the cofactors. It might take them six months just to get on full protocol.
You have to do what feels right. I just think you maybe went too fast and expected things to get better right away. Hair loss can happen when the body is adjusting. Not sure what test you have gotten this far. But even if you just have a hair test I’d send an email to Greg. Let him take a look. It’s free, he literally emailed me back within 24 hours.
Sorry your struggling, I’m not trying to tell you what to do. Just giving you my thoughts:)
I have spent so many hours reading through the fb group and everyone’s experiences. Like ocd level reading. And that’s my take on how this process goes.
Are there actually people who are nearly recovered? Maybe everyone is feeling crummy because the protocol is missing other nutrients or depleting some. I might jump back on hair analysis, although TEI didn't help me either after a year.

Orion

Oct 3, 2017
@Ingeno if you do decide to keep going, I would think to lower doses until you reach baseline. Then up dosages and see how you do.
@Ingeno Since your last hair test shows decent Selenium, but very low Molybdenum, maybe drop the iodide/selenium and focus low dose molybdenum to start. If you are using fortified salt, you are getting some iodine. Right now I am using one drop Se and one drop Mo, and 2mg B2, I don't seem to be reacting badly, hands and feet are warmer, sleep is better when doing this, but not perfect. Also I am trying low dose topical vitD, as per the B/vitD biome theory (hypothesis ~2yrs to heal)

Like @Maxin mentioned this should be a very long process, starting very low and working up gradually

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
I was very depressed for a day or so there on Vit d. Other factors apply as I had die off from a stupid probiotic enema the other night lol. But woke up this morning with good libido, slept well.

I believe D is doing something for my immune system and allowing me to retain b2. Feel like I need less zinc to control cortisol with help of d.

@Ingeno my best advice for you would be to stop iodine and run the protocol. Iodine was horrid for me. I’m putting together a pfs theory and based on that theory and fact you’re in 4 lows, iodine, excess thyroid hormones not a good thing for us if sufficient.

Last edited:

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
Are there actually people who are nearly recovered? Maybe everyone is feeling crummy because the protocol is missing other nutrients or depleting some. I might jump back on hair analysis, although TEI didn't help me either after a year.
There are recoveries. If you also look into chronic fatigue b12 oils online you will see some.
I spent a lot of time years ago trying Freddds protocol which is similar and it helped a lot of people. And it’s always the same-you will get start up symptoms. Like losing hair, feeling exhausted, anxiety, insomnia etc. That’s why it’s important (myself included) to go slow. I agree that maybe for now focus on just adding what you are low in per testing. But it’s almost a given to go thru some rough times as methylation starts up.

Last edited:

Ingeno

May 18, 2018
London
For some reason my mouth corner cracked again, which I haven't had in a half year. I have it on and off since puberty, never found out which imbalance causes it. Takes weeks to heal and looks a bit like some virus or infection. Really painful when I try to eat and open my mouth with full force, just to be reminded that it cracked again and it can start to heal all over again.

Might be low copper caused by molybdenum.

Last edited: