Interesting protocol for restoring glutathione and functional vitamin B2. ( CFS)

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
@Helen FYI Not all of those are his quotes. When I was telling you about him on skype all that stuff I wrote above was mostly from memory so it might not be 100% right. The quotes with GRJ are definitely correct tho.

Anyone that wants to know more about him and his protocol I would encourage you to join the FB group "Understanding B12 Deficiency". It's based on his protocol and correspondence. Understanding B12 deficiency

Also if anyone has OAT and hair test email him.

I explained and wrote all about vit B12 and b2 and b1 etc. and folate cycles, you can find it all over this forum

there is nothing new. electrolytes protocol is very close to gregs protocol, but even more balanced in my opinion.

Question is how applicable this is for PFS.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
@bruschi11 lets not forget that there is a possibility that in PFS , NADPH is a problem.

this will require running active b6 , active b1 zinc magnesium and sodium butyrate. then folates b2 and b12. and all other minerals.

to actually downregulate AR , GABA, and demethylate AR receptor.

this regimen helped several people. by the way. including you.

high B12 will be also in NADPH deficiency, since B12 is recycled by glutathione reductase which is FAD enzyme which works on NADPH.

b2 has a lot more cofactors than iodine molybdenum and selenium.

there is also iron, copper, magnesium, just to think of a few.

Iron is in xantine oxidase, ADH, 450cyp,

copper is in MAO, DAO, PEM, all amine oxidases.

magnesium makes b2 active. phosphorus. also.

This is why basically Gregs protocol goes into a multivitamin in the end of the page.

Last edited:

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
Sorry @Helen . This may be repetitive.

But FAD would not be the first line of attack in PFS, I would think NADPH would be, and one solution maybe would be to increase the NADPH pool And in order to do that I think you need NAD+ (Amino acids and b3), NADK (zinc, magnesium, manganese), sugar, and ATP, and G6PD. FAD requires B2 and is necessary for glutathione, but Glutathione also requires NADPH (Glutathione reductase (GR) catalyzes the reduction of glutathione disulfide (GSSG) to glutathione (GSH). GR requires FAD and NADPH to facilitate this reaction). FAD synthesis also requires ATP.

Main source of NADPH is 1575333902700.png

NADPH synthesis also requires ATP. So I hope this is not at a lower level (i.e. an ATP synthesis, glycolysis problem...)

Mar 14, 2018
Hackstasis
Sorry @Helen . This may be repetitive.

But FAD would not be the first line of attack in PFS, I would think NADPH would be, and one solution maybe would be to increase the NADPH pool And in order to do that I think you need NAD+ (Amino acids and b3), NADK (zinc, magnesium, manganese), sugar, and ATP, and G6PD. FAD requires B2 and is necessary for glutathione, but Glutathione also requires NADPH (Glutathione reductase (GR) catalyzes the reduction of glutathione disulfide (GSSG) to glutathione (GSH). GR requires FAD and NADPH to facilitate this reaction). FAD synthesis also requires ATP.

Main source of NADPH is View attachment 2056

NADPH synthesis also requires ATP. So I hope this is not at a lower level (i.e. an ATP synthesis, glycolysis problem...)

Nitrate reductase (NADPH) is an iron-sulfur molybdenum flavoprotein. So I guess that means it wouldn't work without FAD. Helen will know more.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Nitrate reductase (NADPH) is an iron-sulfur molybdenum flavoprotein. So I guess that means it wouldn't work without FAD. Helen will know more.
NADPH is not nitrate reductase

NAD is made from tryptophan using FAD.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
@bruschi11 lets not forget that there is a possibility that in PFS , NADPH is a problem.

this will require running active b6 , active b1 zinc magnesium and sodium butyrate. then folates b2 and b12. and all other minerals.

high B12 will be also in NADPH deficiency, since B12 is recycled by glutathione reductase which is FAD enzyme which works on NADPH.

This is why basically Gregs protocol goes into a multivitamin in the end of the page.
Yes I’m still running this program. But man when I megadose b2 neurotoxicity just diminishes instantly. I can definitely validate the point of this in making b2 work.

If I can get my body to naturally get b2 working, there’s no doubt in my mind I can beat cfs instantly. It is that strong.

But as @A98648 mentioned, b2 does lower 5ar so the other cofactors are extremely important in raising 5ar. B2 megadose instantly killed my libido which has been quite good the last week.

Mar 14, 2018
Hackstasis
I explained and wrote all about vit B12 and b2 and b1 etc. and folate cycles, you can find it all over this forum

there is nothing new. electrolytes protocol is very close to gregs protocol, but even more balanced in my opinion.

Question is how applicable this is for PFS.
Not sure.. will be good.. I don't know if pfs is my main issue anymore. I chased that for years but I seem to just have some kind of neurotoxicity as I have overlapping symptoms similar to people that crashed from any of finasteride, benzos, cirpo, ssri's, lyme, mold, cfs etc.

The molybdenum and b2 have made a large difference so far mentally and then each time I've added in higher b1 everything else comes back online. But I can't sustain it yet with the b1 so I think I need to keep working on FAD first.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Not sure.. will be good.. I don't know if pfs is my main issue anymore. I chased that for years but I seem to just have some kind of neurotoxicity as I have overlapping symptoms similar to people that crashed from any of finasteride, benzos, cirpo, ssri's, lyme, mold, cfs etc.

The molybdenum and b2 have made a large difference so far mentally and then each time I've added in higher b1 everything else comes back online. But I can't sustain it yet with the b1 so I think I need to keep working on FAD first.
moly and b2 are in SUOX and aldehyde enzymes.

This is why it lessens the toxicities in some people.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
@bruschi11 b2 and b1 will kill b5 and this will totally stop detox, since b5 is what detoxes your bile
With that in hand, let’s say I want to load b2 every 3rd or 4th day coming up. An idea on those days is do a big b5 dose. Any cofactors for B5 that could be added to this on this “load day”?

Basically this route w/ my balancing program was helping me beat SIBO/ Cfs. Gut was working great a couple weeks ago and fatigue was doing extremely well- exercise tolerance incredible. Then had 2 crashes from alcohol, ate like shit at parties set me back a bit.

Stopped the b2 loading as I was feeling unbalanced. Came back to it today. Increasing moly, starting iodine too. And just ordered Greg’s oils to have on hand for when I’m ready.

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
With that in hand, let’s say I want to load b2 every 3rd or 4th day coming up. An idea on those days is do a big b5 dose. Any cofactors for B5 that could be added to this on this “load day”?

Basically this route w/ my balancing program was helping me beat SIBO/ Cfs. Gut was working great a couple weeks ago and fatigue was doing extremely well- exercise tolerance incredible. Then had 2 crashes from alcohol, ate like shit at parties set me back a bit.

Stopped the b2 loading as I was feeling unbalanced. Came back to it today. Increasing moly, starting iodine too. And just ordered Greg’s oils to have on hand for when I’m ready.
How many of those oils did you buy? I see there are several. Is there any that are more critical? I'm thinking of beginning this as well as as combine a protocol to boost NADPH.

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
@Kjbigman this is why I gave malic acid which could be a source of NADPH.
yeah would improve ATP so indirectly should boost NADPH. I think zinc, magnesium, and manganese will be super important so maybe using some of the TEI supplements for that will be helpful. And I'm going to try this FAD boosting protocol as well because I think it could assist in the creation of glutathione. Maybe we should add NAC to it as well.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
How many of those oils did you buy? I see there are several. Is there any that are more critical? I'm thinking of beginning this as well as as combine a protocol to boost NADPH.
I only bought the one he recommended I use based on my nutreval results.

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017

Sounds like it's better to just do TEI, no?

Kjbigman

May 25, 2019
USA
Sounds like it's better to just do TEI, no?
I was wondering whether TEI would be focused on restoring Glutathione and B12 in particular. Maybe it is necessary to do this first? I was going to try this protocol for 3 months to restore glutathione then get on TEI.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
yeah would improve ATP so indirectly should boost NADPH. I think zinc, magnesium, and manganese will be super important so maybe using some of the TEI supplements for that will be helpful. And I'm going to try this FAD boosting protocol as well because I think it could assist in the creation of glutathione. Maybe we should add NAC to it as well.

Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate - Wikipedia

NADPH is made by more than one pathway in the human body, one way is from malic enzyme/

Malate dehydrogenase (oxaloacetate-decarboxylating) (NADP+) - Wikipedia

the most important is B1 active. since that recycles NADPH and pentose cycle.

isocitrate dehydrogenase is the major source in the liver.

Last edited: