Interesting pfs post

sanka

Feb 2, 2018
Argentina
Just saw this In propecia help. Looks interesting

"The changes of the microbiome OP is referring to is the increase of Bacteroidetes phylum and Prevotellaceae family as well as the decrease of Ruminococcaceae family, Oscillospira and Lachnospira genus. (Treatment of male rats with finasteride, an inhibitor of 5alpha-reductase enzyme, induces long-lasting effects on depressive-like behavior, hippocamp... - PubMed - NCBI)
I checked, and the bacteria that are decreased post treatment (lachnospira and ruminococcacea) are in fact responsible for most of the butyrate synthesis - Colonic Butyrate-Producing Communities in Humans: an Overview Using Omics Data"

Continuous Heal

Jan 6, 2018
Canada
Dont know where i can find a probiotic with
lachnospira and ruminococcacea. In amazon they dont have
Could also try to find the prebiotics that feed these cultures. See my link above. Seems like inulin FOS is a good one.

Still only a patch though. To MCurtone's point, what is the mechanism by which fin impacts gut bacteria?

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Could also try to find the prebiotics that feed these cultures. See my link above. Seems like inulin FOS is a good one.

Still only a patch though. To MCurtone's point, what is the mechanism by which fin impacts gut bacteria?
Looking over at the b2 thread. Maybe it has to do with fin's impacts on progesterone which allows cortisol (potassium) to fly high. Progesterone retains potassium (cortisol), but what if said progesterone is now a weaker form of prog due to fin. What if this prog can't retain potassium?

Just a theory based on what I'm working with now. But cortisol and its production rate, strength is a gigantic factor in the fin discussion. Cortisol modulates gut bacteria is the connection to this.

May 23, 2018
Zaragoza (Spain)
[QUOTE = "Continuous Heal, post: 65925, member: 1468"] También podría intentar encontrar los prebióticos que alimentan estos cultivos. Vea mi enlace arriba. Parece que la inulina FOS es buena.

Aunque solo queda un parche. Para el punto de MCurtone, ¿cuál es el mecanismo por el cual la aleta impacta las bacterias intestinales? [/ QUOTE]

La inulina prebiótica fos aumenta la producción de bacterias Ruminococcaceae, Oscillospira y Lachnospira?

Si es así, serían muy buenas noticias.