Hypoglycemia / dizzy when standing

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
Guys do you know the cause of this? Is it not enough salt? I get dizzy when i stand (especially when im sick) - is this hypoglycemia? What would a ketogenic diet do? Anyone else have the same problem?

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
m_arch post_id=5474 time=1511993022 user_id=66 said:
Guys do you know the cause of this? Is it not enough salt? I get dizzy when i stand (especially when im sick) - is this hypoglycemia? What would a ketogenic diet do? Anyone else have the same problem?
I get this from lack of sodium while water fasting

Nina

Oct 10, 2017
The Netherlands
TubZy post_id=5480 time=1511998205 user_id=2 said:
I get this from lack of sodium while water fasting
Me too. Sometimes its caused by hypoglycemia aswell for me

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
I thought it was low blood pressure! I also have this when tired or ill.

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
Canari post_id=5485 time=1512002313 user_id=62 said:
I thought it was low blood pressure! I also have this when tired or ill.
I think i have lowish blood pressure normally. When I get ill i get really dizzy standing up.

vicecaz

Oct 7, 2017
I had this during my first year/two year Post accurate syndrome, it seems completely resolved now . I can't say for sure what did the trick but I know I eat more salt ( pink salt from Himalaya ) than before, less fruits, less liquid, carbs only at night after sports

dante

Oct 6, 2017
i think the medical term for this is - orthostatic hypotension.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Postural hypothension:

http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Low_blood_pressure_and_postural_hypotension

Treatment
  • Try to identify and avoid obvious causes - think about pesticides, chemicals, free radicals or nutrient deficiencies. Diabetics may get autonomic neuropathy because high blood sugar levels damage nerves.
  • Give your body time to adjust - don't jump up too quickly.
  • Work the muscles of your legs for a few seconds before standing up - this prevent blood pooling in legs as the muscles squeeze the blood out of the veins back to the heart.
  • I would treat postural hypotension as a sort of peripheral neuropathy and use high dose B vitamins and possibly vitamin B12 injections to encourage the nerves to heal and repair. I would also check DHEA levels on the grounds that this encourages repair of tissues.
  • Postural hypotension could be caused simply by low cardiac output. See Low cardiac output state. It is much easier for the heart to pump blood on the flat (lying down) than up and downs hills (standing up). Indeed we all feel more comfortable lying down or sitting rather than standing. In severe cases of chronic fatigue syndrome the heart is in a low output state, perhaps sufficiently so that it cannot pump enough blood round when standing. It can maintain blood pressure for a certain time, but then becomes fatigued and so the blood pressure falls. Clinically this is called Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome or POTs. The treatment of course is to treat the mitochondrial problem. See CFS - The Central Cause: Mitochondrial Failure.

raven

Oct 22, 2017
London, UK
I get really fatigued after eating sugar, I think i have reactive hypoglycemia