How to upregulate/fix 5-HT2C?

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
I don't remember if I mentioned it once before, but I have been having one more symptom lately.

Every time after a meal, I'm sneezing a few times. I noticed it happens to bread, cheese etc. Is it a sign of malfunctioning immune system?
Was this more prominent during your (cortisol) Licorice period? Or are you noticing this more since you feel your cortisol symptoms waning ?

Cheese, bread has yeasts. Think aldehydes; Histamine can cause the sneezing. If you relied on outside-cortisol, licorice, to counter this and your adrenaline system is somehow not up to par to take up the slack.. Now, you might notice more inflammatory/immune system.

Last edited:

Enricks

Jul 20, 2018
Earth
Was this more prominent during your (cortisol) Licorice period? Or are you noticing this more since you feel your cortisol symptoms waning ?

Cheese, Bread has yeasts. Think aldehydes; Histamine can cause the sneezing. If you relied on outside-cortisol, licorice, to counter this and your adrenaline system is somehow not up to par and take up the slack.. Now, you might notice more inflammatory/immune system.
Licorice has nothing to do with this symptom. I have been experiencing this for months, maybe longer. But it gets worse by time, just like every other symptom I'm having.

Enricks

Jul 20, 2018
Earth
Licorice's effect is passing. But my old problems are returning. I don't have only bloating, but my gut is also oversensitive to excitement. It feels like I got Diarrhea.

I'm in so desperate state right now. Both cognitively and physically. I can't join classes. @Helen any input?

Enricks

Jul 20, 2018
Earth
Do I just have a cursed disease or something? I have been searching on forums and articles for about two years and this is where it ends? There is no single report on how to cure hpa-axis dysfunction by increasing 2C. All I see is just about downregulating it. Anybody does have any clue? I don't want to die, people.

Enricks

Jul 20, 2018
Earth
Why are you so focused on just one receptor?

Do you think thats the only thing to be fixed? I think there is more to it.
If you have seen my previous posts, I have been only having this theory for a week or so. I was just searching for a reason why my body has stuck in this state and progressively worsening. There must be a semi-permanent loop in my body that makes everything worse by time.

And also, I'm aware of GR upregulation theory and metabolic trap hypothesis from phoenixrising forum. I'm not "stuck" at one receptor. It just because I have been begging for some help but couldn't find any since two weeks. I have no biology education either, so do you have a better idea.

Enricks

Jul 20, 2018
Earth
Lorcaserin or other agonists are not being sold here. I have no access to research substances either.

Fluoxetine is the only promising agent, but ironically, that was the actual drug that ruined my life. Do you think it can help me this time?

Also, if you say yes, May I ask for how long I should take and at how much dosage?

1-7 days: 10 mg
7-20 days: 20 mg
20-30 days: 10 mg
30-40 days: 5 mg

Is it ok?

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Lorcaserin or other agonists are not being sold here. I have no access to research substances either.

Fluoxetine is the only promising agent, but ironically, that was the actual drug that ruined my life. Do you think it can help me this time?

Also, if you say yes, May I ask for how long I should take and at how much dosage?

1-7 days: 10 mg
7-20 days: 20 mg
20-30 days: 10 mg
30-40 days: 5 mg

Is it ok?

fluoxetine is 5htc2 antagonist . why would you take it.

Did you read the first link that I posted ? where it says error

Enricks

Jul 20, 2018
Earth
fluoxetine is 5htc2 antagonist . why would you take it.

Did you read the first link that I posted ? where it says error
Yes i did. Doesn't it say fluoxetine increases 5ht uptake and 2c density in chronic usage. Did I understand wrong?

I had read the wikipedia page too. I couldn't get what should I try.

Enricks

Jul 20, 2018
Earth
I'm sorry if I'm taking your much time and not understand the posts you sent. I have an english level less than b1. I'm under 18. I had not have enough time to learn enough, they don't teach much at school.

Enricks

Jul 20, 2018
Earth
@Helen

I'm leaving the link for my post on another forum, I have quoted some articles about 5-HT2C.

So, apperantly, hyperphagia(excessive eating), metabolic syndrome, immune malfunction, sleep cycle and adrenal problems all has a common point which is that receptor.

I wish, actually I beg you to just look a bit to the articles. There is a possibility that Fluoxetine reversed a thing on my 2C receptors, put me in a semi-infinite loop and it's now causing me serious problems. Fluoxetine does this by editing RNA sites of 2CRs. And It's possible to reverse that but I just don't know.

All these are writes on the articles. Just read them, I only posted abstracts anyway, it will take a few minutes totally.

Help me upregulate the 5-HT2C in order to fix HPA-Axis

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
@Helen

I'm leaving the link for my post on another forum, I have quoted some articles about 5-HT2C.

So, apperantly, hyperphagia(excessive eating), metabolic syndrome, immune malfunction, sleep cycle and adrenal problems all has a common point which is that receptor.

I wish, actually I beg you to just look a bit to the articles. There is a possibility that Fluoxetine reversed a thing on my 2C receptors, put me in a semi-infinite loop and it's now causing me serious problems. Fluoxetine does this by editing RNA sites of 2CRs. And It's possible to reverse that but I just don't know.

All these are writes on the articles. Just read them, I only posted abstracts anyway, it will take a few minutes totally.

Help me upregulate the 5-HT2C in order to fix HPA-Axis

Here is how I understand your case, may be I am not correct.

you have hypersomnia, meaning ZERO noradrenaline, All other people in PSSD have INSOMNIA> I had PSSD also, I had insomnia. meaning high action of NORADRENALINE.

5htc2 receptor SUPPRESSES noradernaline. https://books.google.com.cy/books?id=cWbYxSfKN3cC&pg=PA533&lpg=PA533&dq=5htc2+receptor+and++noradrenaline&source=bl&ots=NsGCF15jmM&sig=ACfU3U3vwibXQd4TUVeVAjU-KzPjrFJXmw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjK0Oqbg7zlAhVJaFAKHcY6Aj84ChDoATABegQIBxAB#v=onepage&q=5htc2 receptor and noradrenaline&f=false

Serotonin (5-HT)2C receptors tonically inhibit dopamine (DA) and noradrenaline (NA), but not 5-HT, release in the frontal cortex in vivo. - PubMed - NCBI

so since you took fluoxtene you upregulated this receptor. and now you have no noradrenaline. and thus you cant even wake up.

This receptor does NOT get downregulated to agonists and antagonists)) . I just posted you a study in previous post that says fluoxetine UPREGULATED 5htc2 receptor.

And now this upregulated 5htc2 receptor STOPS your NORADRENALINE release

take 5htc2 agonist and it will downregulate it. but it wont solve your PSSD completely.

since you also effected other serotonin receptors. with SSRI function of fluoxetine.

and you will have to run serotonin antagonists on other receptors.

So you will need 5hc2 agonist, with other receptors antagonists. the opposite of what fluoxetine did/

fluoxetine CAUSES WEIGHT LOSS> when people go on fluoxetine they lose weight. since it is blocking 5htc2. Activation of 5hc2 causes WEIGHT GAIN, since it inhibits noradrenaline and dopamine))
, other SSRIs, activate this receptor and cause weight GAIN on SSRI so the opposite of fluoxetine.

SO other PSSD people they did not take 5htc2 antagonist. they took 5htc2 agonists.

when you come off fluoxetine, your 5hc2 is UPREGULATED and this causes weight gain. since it inhibited your NORADRENALINE< which burns the fat))

and since your other serotonin receptors are downregulted since fluoxetine increased serotonin. this causes higher serotonin levels overall.

so now you have UPREGULATED 5HTC2 receptors and DOWNREGULATED 5ht1a.

This keeps serotonin high . and you get fucked. Since this high serotonin effects 5htc2 more since it is more dense. in your case. after fluoxetine.

FLUOXETINE is 5htc2 ANTAGONIST. and it causes WEIGHT LOSS while on the drug since it increases your noradrenaline since it blocks 5htc2 receptor. Fluoxetine apetite and weight changes...

IT CAUSES INSOMNIA while on the drug. Help with lack of sleep whilst taking fluoxetine?

SSRIs are 5htc2 agonists and they cause WEIGHT GAIN while on the drug. weight gain and lexapro

It causes sleepy feeling while on the drug.

When you quit the drugs, it is the opposite.

after you quit fluoxetine, you will gain weight,
and after you quit ssri you will lose weight.

SO fluoxetine, not only can cause PSSD as an SSRI by raising serotonin levels, it can also cause an imbalance between serotonin receptors.

Last edited:

Enricks

Jul 20, 2018
Earth
Hey, firstly, thanks for spending bit of time to reply.

you have hypersomnia, meaning ZERO noradrenaline, All other people in PSSD have INSOMNIA> I had PSSD also, I had insomnia. meaning high action of NORADRENALINE.
Sleep Homeostasis and the 5-HT2cR

Sleep is regulated by homeostatic mechanisms that control the intensity and amount of sleep as a function of prior sleep/wake history (reviewed in Dijk and Edgar 1999). Our findings of an enhanced response to sleep deprivation in 5-HT2cR KO mice suggest that the 5-HT2cR may play an important role in this process. Although this enhanced response to sleep deprivation may in part be due to more wake in 5-HT2cR KO mice during the dark phase prior to the SD (5-HT2cR KO: 8.52 h; WT: 6.8 h), it may also reflect alterations in the accumulation of sleep propensity. For example, the enhanced response to sleep loss in 5-HT2cR KO mice may be related to increased dopamine and noradrenaline activity in these mutants. 5-HT2cRs tonically inhibit these catecholaminergic systems (Wright et al. 1995; Di Matteo et al. 1999; Gobert et al. 2000). Catecholaminergic hyperactivity can in turn induce hypervigilance and large compensatory changes in sleep expression (Edgar et al. 1995; Touret et al. 1995; Caldwell and Caldwell 1997). It is therefore possible that enhanced catecholaminergic neurotransmission in 5-HT2cR KO mice results in a more rapid accumulation of sleep propensity.
Do I have hypervigilance?

In fact, I could be. My brain is actually in an excited state but it just surpassed by another thing.

so since you took fluoxtene you upregulated this receptor. and now you have no noradrenaline. and thus you cant even wake up.
I think I have explained this wrong. I have no problem waking up. I'm actually waking up much earlier than my phone alarm. I'm not getting refreshing sleep, also I'm not dreaming anymore. It's much harder to stay awake but I can't sleep properly either. My body just in an constant sleep deprivation state but it's somehow excited.

Also, one of the most important point; My gut reactivity problem is like skyrocketing at nights. It's getting 100x worse at nights.

This receptor does NOT get downregulated to agonists and antagonists)) . I just posted you a study in previous post that says fluoxetine UPREGULATED 5htc2 receptor.

Chronic citalopram treatment caused a consistent and dose-related increase in the density of 5-HT2C receptors (up to 90%). This effect was slightly more pronounced when measured with an antagonist ligand ([3H]mesulergine) than with an agonist ligand [(+/-)-1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-[125I]iodophenyl)-2-aminopropane ([125I]DOI)].
What does even that mean? I only have highschool biology information, so miss me with misunderstandements but it seems like these receptors have more than only one site for ligands.

So, Mesulergine binding ---> antagonistic
DOI binding ---> agonistic

Fluoxetine maybe causes weight gain, but it doesn't increase food intake. I'm sure because I read a lot of about that antidepressant. Also, I'M NOT GAİNİNG WEİGHT. I'm 60 kg. I'm 60 Kg but my body depostits much more fat around my belly. It could be from estrogenity, I have also made a mistake and took 100 mg of progesterone once. After that, weeks long of armpit pain and slight breast growth. With along with visceral fat gain. Excuse me for my wrong explanation. I'm not gaining weight right now. But I'm craving for foods all the day. I'm much more frequently hungry all the day.

An investigation of the mechanism responsible for fluoxetine-induced hypophagia in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

An investigation of the mechanism responsible for fluoxetine-induced hypophagia in rats.

Activation of 5hc2 causes WEIGHT GAIN,
other SSRIs, activate this receptor and cause weight GAIN
your 5hc2 is UPREGULATED and this causes weight gain
SSRIs are 5htc2 agonists and they cause WEIGHT GAIN while on the drug.

Hypophagia induced by hindbrain serotonin is mediated through central GLP-1 signaling and involves 5-HT2C and 5-HT3 receptor activation. - PubMed - NCBI
Hypophagia induced by hindbrain serotonin is mediated through central GLP-1 signaling and involves 5-HT2C and 5-HT3 receptor activation.

Agomelatine treatment corrects symptoms of depression and anxiety by restoring the disrupted melatonin circadian rhythms of rats exposed to chronic... - PubMed - NCBI

Agomelatine treatment corrects symptoms of depression and anxiety by restoring the disrupted melatonin circadian rhythms of rats exposed to chronic constant light.
Dopamine-induced hypophagia is mediated by D1 and 5HT-2c receptors in chicken. - PubMed - NCBI

Dopamine-induced hypophagia is mediated by D1 and 5HT-2c receptors in chicken
Serotonin 2C receptor antagonism ameliorates novelty-induced hypophagia in aged mice. - PubMed - NCBI

Serotonin 2C receptor antagonism ameliorates novelty-induced hypophagia in aged mice.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus, novelty-induced hypophagia in aged mice resulted, at least in part, from up-regulated hypothalamic 5-HT2CR function. In conclusion, 5-HT2CR signaling enhancement and the subsequent activation of the CRF neuron were involved in novelty-induced hypophagia in aged mice,

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serotonin 5-HT2C receptor agonist promotes hypophagia via downstream activation of melanocortin 4 receptors. - PubMed - NCBI

Serotonin 5-HT2C receptor agonist promotes hypophagia via downstream activation of melanocortin 4 receptors.

LORCASERİNE, And 5HT2C agonist drug is used for hyperphagia and obesity. You must be kidding.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
@Enricks Fluoxetine causes WEIGHT LOSS , not gain. Whoever takes that drug loses weight, and it blocks 5HTC2.

activation of 5htc2 receptor and overexpressed 5htc2 receptor causes LOW INSULIN

may be that i why you feel hungry. since you get no sugar into the cell.

Serotonin receptor 2C and insulin secretion. - PubMed - NCBI

and it makes sense, if 5htc2 receptor inhibits noradrenaline release, then there is no adrenaline, and adrenaline controls insulin release.

this is why you are hungry since there is no adrenaline,

and thus cortisol goes up. to put sugar into your blood. and thus you get cortisol weight. on the stomach. like a pregnant woman.

Last edited: