How to upregulate/fix 5-HT2C?

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
How do you treat hyposteroidism? Through nutritional balancing as well? I asked you in another thread but not sure you saw it.

Dear, what is NB going to do , grow you some ovaries? If you have no ovaries, I would plan HRT

probably needs to be progesterone estro and test.

just estro would cause sever iron deficiency within a week. since testosterone retains iron.

Enricks

Jul 20, 2018
Earth
caffeine - yes

sex - not that i know of but i do feel a bit sad after sometimes

you think it is prolactin/dopamine related?
I think this is 5HT related. Fluoxetine either broke my GR system or triggered a progressive 5-HT2C loss. Look at prader-willi syndrome(it's a different thing but they lack of 5ht2c receptors too)

-Metabolic syndrome
-Cognitive, emotional, sexual impairment
-Muscle control issues(not parkinson, but it's much harder to type and do prelearned muscle movements)
-No anxiety

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
Dear, what is NB going to do , grow you some ovaries? If you have no ovaries, I would plan HRT

probably needs to be progesterone estro and test.

just estro would cause sever iron deficiency within a week. since testosterone retains iron.
Haha ok. Well u never know, I got pregnant with no Fallopian tubes so stranger things can happen;)

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
what hrt did you do? what did you take?
I did all three. Bio identical creams through Holtorf medical. Then I revisited it all again many times. I did test injections at one point and many trials with progesterone with estrogen. Also tried pueraria mirifica (an herbal estrogen) with progesterone and on its own. I had a major reversal of symptoms with that herb for about a week. My stubborn belly even started to disappear. But didn’t stick. Progesterone creams don’t help me but synthetic progesterone derivatives like plan b make me feel better. I feel like god is playing a cruel joke at this point with all the stuff I’ve tried. And when something works only to have it stop after a week is crushing my soul. Thanks @Helen for all the time you spend hearing us and helping.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
I did all three. Bio identical creams through Holtorf medical. Then I revisited it all again many times. I did test injections at one point and many trials with progesterone with estrogen. Also tried pueraria mirifica (an herbal estrogen) with progesterone and on its own. I had a major reversal of symptoms with that herb for about a week. My stubborn belly even started to disappear. But didn’t stick. Progesterone creams don’t help me but synthetic progesterone derivatives like plan b make me feel better. I feel like god is playing a cruel joke at this point with all the stuff I’ve tried. And when something works only to have it stop after a week is crushing my soul. Thanks @Helen for all the time you spend hearing us and helping.

yes , everything is correct.

when you took herbal estrogen, your stomach goes away, since cortisol falls.

but you need to take magnesium and potassium with your hrt,

you dont have noradrenaline, remember. since you have no ovaries

in this case, your blood pressure will be zero))) if body did not adjust for that.

since noradrenaline, puts calcium inside of the cell. this narrows the blood vessels, and this normally increases blood pressure.

When you have no noradrenaline. thus

the body has to raise cortisol and retain sodium

to support blood pressure. This causes the bloat.

Also body has to lose all your magnesium, since magnesium makes blood vessels stretch , and body cant afford this without noradrenaline.

So basically if you have no noradrenaline body loses all magnesium into the urine.

and you have ZERO ATP, since ATP is stored as MgATP

So when you go back on HRT , you need to feed tons of stuff at the same time , since sudden noradrenaline, will require tons of magnesium. b vitamins,

and probably phosphorus, etc.

it is like refeeding syndrome.

Last edited:

Enricks

Jul 20, 2018
Earth
What about my question? I really read all the pages you sent several times. The wikipedia page says nothing regarding fixing this issue.

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
yes , everything is correct.

when you took herbal estrogen, your stomach goes away, since cortisol falls.

but you need to take magnesium and potassium with your hrt,

you dont have noradrenaline, remember.

in this case, your blood pressure will be zero)))

since noradrenaline, puts calcium inside of the cell. this narrows the blood vessels,

so when you have no calcium inside of the cell.

body has to raise cortisol and retain sodium

to support blood pressure.

Also body has to lose all your magnesium, since magnesium makes blood vessels stretch , and body cant afford this without noradrenaline.

So basically if you have no noradrenaline body loses all magnesium into the urine.

and you have ZERO ATP, since ATP is stored as MgATP

So when you go back on HRT , you need to feed tons of stuff at the same time , since sudden noradrenaline, will require tons of magnesium.

and probably phosphorus, etc.
Oh you’re genius, thank you. One more question if you don’t mind.
So in the last few months I was getting into the Coimbra Protocol. Basically high doses vitamin D with k2 and avoiding calcium (didn’t follow that part very well)

So my vitamin d came back at 178 last month and so I stopped taking it. But my teeth and gums healed for the first time ever during that time. Also, hirsutism on face stopped. I think it may have been the k2 that helped these issues more than D. But now when I try to take k2 I feel like I’m getting hypercalcemia. Totally different kind of fatigue and severe sleepiness dizziness. How could k2 cause such strong symptoms in my body lasting for days? I believe it’s somehow interacting with the high d
levels in my body and doing something to calcium. But that’s just pure speculation. When I stop the K2 my teeth start hurting again and my gums bleed. TIA

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Oh you’re genius, thank you. One more question if you don’t mind.
So in the last few months I was getting into the Coimbra Protocol. Basically high doses vitamin D with k2 and avoiding calcium (didn’t follow that part very well)

So my vitamin d came back at 178 last month and so I stopped taking it. But my teeth and gums healed for the first time ever during that time. Also, hirsutism on face stopped. I think it may have been the k2 that helped these issues more than D. But now when I try to take k2 I feel like I’m getting hypercalcemia. Totally different kind of fatigue and severe sleepiness dizziness. How could k2 cause such strong symptoms in my body lasting for days? I believe it’s somehow interacting with the high d
levels in my body and doing something to calcium. But that’s just pure speculation. When I stop the K2 my teeth start hurting again and my gums bleed. TIA

so you have osteoporosis?

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
so you have osteoporosis?
I don’t believe so. I’ve never had any fractures or issues there. But since pssd my teeth and gums have been horrible. Can’t even eat room temp apple my teeth are so sensitive. And brushing cause bleeding horribly. The k2 (or D) was the only things that’s ever improved it. Thyroid makes it 10x worse.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
I don’t believe so. I’ve never had any fractures or issues there. But since pssd my teeth and gums have been horrible. Can’t even eat room temp apple my teeth are so sensitive. And brushing cause bleeding horribly. The k2 (or D) was the only things that’s ever improved it. Thyroid makes it 10x worse.

usually estrogen converts dopamine into noradrenaline, and noradrenaline signals to produce prolactin

prolactin retains calcium

SO when you go on HRT with all other things, it should all get better.

you need to find the right doctor, so he gets your LH FSH right into the middle with proper dosages. of hormones/ you dont want to overdo it

otherwise you will be suppressing your cortisol axis and feel bad.

Maxin

Jan 12, 2018
usually estrogen converts dopamine into noradrenaline, and noradrenaline signals to produce prolactin

prolactin retains calcium

SO when you got on HRT with all other things, it should all get better.

you need to find the right doctor, so he gets your LH FSH right into the middle with proper dosages. of hormones/ you dont want to overdo.

otherwise you will be suppressing your cortisol axis and feel bad.
Ok that’s my next step. Thanks you!

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Ok that’s my next step. Thanks you!

yeah may be even ease into it with hormones, start really really low, so you give the body time to retain proper minerals.

calculate how much woman makes a day, and try to start with really really low, so you can track your LH and FSH.

and then go up little by little, and test blood all the time, until you see LH FSH right into the middle.

so that will be your dosages, and if you have no ovaries, and you cut them out, that will be for life obviously.

Enricks

Jul 20, 2018
Earth
I will think what I would do in your case. Just give me a little time.
Okay, thanks . I'm waiting excitedly. Till now, I have looked up to Area's post and longecity forum, But couldn't found anything worthy.

I must try something asap, and I really need to get some improvements because my cognitive skills really got so bad. I don't have much time either, because I have an university exam next year. I have alredy failed so hard that I don't even think I can pass school this year.

And, I'm becoming obese too. Really need to fix this because I'm hungry most of the time, regardless how much I eat.

Enricks

Jul 20, 2018
Earth
Licorice's effect is slowly passing. But in the maintime, my gut problems at night came back. Today, I had to woke up in the middle of night because of MASSIVE amount of vibration, noise, bloating etc. I really want to sleep :(

Enricks

Jul 20, 2018
Earth
I don't remember if I mentioned it once before, but I have been having one more symptom lately.

Every time after a meal, I'm sneezing a few times. I noticed it happens to bread, cheese etc. Is it a sign of malfunctioning immune system?