House, Techno, Tech House, Progressive

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
They were combined with digital and virtual analog (Nord Lead, Korg Prophecy, Roland JD-800, etc.) but this last one was purely analog.

I was expecting some like this from older footage even though its rare event

14423045281_3febc630a2_k.jpg

Yes its always like that, always newer bands are inspired by the older ones, an ex. Trent Reznor was inspired by Iggy Pop, just like Kurt Cobain was influenced by Sex Pistols.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I think the other synth they use might be an SH-101.

I've always been more of a listener, have a pair of studio monitors Rokit 5 G3, KRK's and a piece of QSC K10. Havent dug much what those guys do for homework, but I know he is an old schooler and uses exclusively vinyl recordings, but that is for live events i suppose, probably for making his music it comes to the use of before mentioned magic numbers. The rooms with the rocking chair looks like this.

Edit: figured out im with rpg2, the one with the screws in front.

1578429696382.png

1578429738319.png

Last edited:

OmicronPlus

May 24, 2018
Southern California
I've always been more of a listener, have a pair of studio monitors Rokit 5 G3, KRK's and a piece of QSC K10. Havent dug much what those guys do for homework, but I know he is an old schooler and uses exclusively vinyl recordings, but that is for live events i suppose, probably for making his music it comes to the use of before mentioned magic numbers. The rooms with the rocking chair looks like this.

View attachment 2121

View attachment 2122
Maybe he does live scratching with vinyls.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Europe
AKAI MPK25, Korg MS-20ic, Novation Launchpad Mini, Behringer X-Touch, Ableton Push 2, Arturia KeyLab 49 MKII, Roland AIRA System 8, Korg Kontrol49.

Nice nice, system 8 esp. seems really enjoyable, even if one doesnt know notes :)) I had installed in the past Ableton to check how would go, but i guess it didnt work out or hadnt spent enough time on it, thats been somewhere during student years like 15 y ago or not long after that, i remember was quiet heavy.

OmicronPlus

May 24, 2018
Southern California
Nice nice, system 8 esp. seems really enjoyable, even if one doesnt know notes :)) I had installed in the past Ableton to check how would go, but i guess it didnt work out or hadnt spent enough time on it, thats been somewhere during student years like 15 y ago or not long after that, i remember was quiet heavy.

I use them as dedicated VST controllers. The System-8 as well for the Roland Plugins because it automatically maps to the parameters and I have it as a VST version anyway and can automate it with DAW. I'll use it as a standalone Plug-Out for coming up with patches and sound design, along with the standalone Korg Legacy and Arturia Analog Lab/V 7. It's pre-loaded with System-8, Jupiter 8, Juno-106 and SH-101 =)

OmicronPlus

May 24, 2018
Southern California
I use the MPK25 for freely mapping DAW parameters, the Korg MS-20ic automatically maps to Korg plugins and so does the System-8 to Roland Plugins. Same thing with the KeyLab 49 MKII with the Arturia plugins so I use them for that as dedicated software controllers. The Korg Kontrol49 works well with Korg Legacy Cell as it features the same control matrix, another dedicated controller that also works great with the Wavestation because it has a vector stick.

OmicronPlus

May 24, 2018
Southern California
I like that the Korg MS-20ic maps to the equivalents on Korg plugins including Polysix, Monopoly and M1. Now I can play around with the sound of the M1 using the encoders as if it were an analog synthesizer and come up with even more sonic variations. Before I used to just pick a preset on the M1, now I can play around with it as if it were an MS-20.