Healing Scars

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
International Waters - Whaling
www.youtube.com
Hi there. I'm usually a fast healer in a way, but also not so much when I get something traumatic. I am dark skinned so I was worried about some scars going hypertrophic or kelioid. That didn't happen thankfully. I do have several scars that are darker than my normal skin, that I don't really care about. Eventually some have gone, some have remained darker tho.

I do have a surgical scar on my abdomen from my abdominoplasty. It's not bad, and is better than before. Also, unfortunately I have a scar on my neck, I wonder if long fasting would help this. These 2 I do care about. Would extended fasting help these?

If not, should I try vitamin e creams or shea butter or anything? I did follow my surgeon's advice re: both cases, and will ask them for creams, or at worst case scar revision.

Last edited:

mattyb

Oct 5, 2017
I've heard quite a few anecdotes of people's scars going away after long fasts. Probably from the autophagy, which will break down unnecessary structures (like scars) for energy. I even listened to a vlog where a guy said he had moles disappear.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com
Any chance that I can get rid of / erase MOST of a scar?
With scar revision? My brother (surgeon), kind of changes the topic... says it's too early / wait.
I asked about creams, may be too early for certain types. Supposed to use mederma or similar, there's so much random stuff to do, that I seldom remember this unless I get ready very early in the morning, with time to spare.
I had tiny scars on my chest, got something excised... and they darkened and are still there (I don't care about that).
I do have one on my neck, most of the time it doesn't bother me, but looking at it reminds me of some stuff I'd rather not think about. The injury healed well.

What if I fast again but like 30-40 days? Can I get work done at that point? I'll be like 14% bf or less pre-fast, maybe can't fast that long, esp considering upcoming tasks/work.
BUt, I imagine I will be more productive, and I'll do it alone... so that I can focus (rather than around others, wondering wtf I'm doing to myself - fasting).
-80 days or something, well I'm pretty strong I think, but that's just not realistic.
-When I have more time/ and find docs, I will see a dermatologist. I don't like having doctors in one city and another, I guess I need to though.
-ON the positive side, I'd probably be really ripped afterwards and refeeding... or maybe just go back to exactly the same ..... who knows?

-Will major autophagy only take place on extreme fasts like 50-90 days??
Is there a better solution?

Last edited:

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com
-Heard about it, will look into it totally forgot. Maybe... Maybe for body scar, if it's a risk for face/neck (hyperpigmentation is a risk with a lot of things, but maybe not fraxel).

Thanks man.

-That's true actually. I have access to a lot of docs if need be, from whence I came.
-I am making a list of docs to go to.

Last edited:

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com
-Not sure what that is. I will look into it man, thanks.
-I think it was mentioned on HS. So many things to remember, it's crazy.

Boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
-Not sure what that is. I will look into it man, thanks.
-I think it was mentioned on HS. So many things to remember, it's crazy.
its an enzyme, take it on an empty stomach, it breaks up scar tissue (fibrosis) and increases circulation, anti inflammatory etc.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com
Ah that makes sense. Nice. I'll definitely get on that! Cheers.