Having a Think - COULD it be Histamines?

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
Just wondering after my SJW, in my improvement stages whilst on the higher dosages of it, my hayfever came back just a little bit.

So so many people benefit from cipro.

Reducing inflammation seemed to be a vague plus point. Plus a fair few people claimed L-Histidine gave them some benefit.

Seems to be a relationship between cortisol and histamine levels.

Is there any way to test for and re-sensitise ourselves potentially to histamines? Would this be sensible? How would we even go about this?

Lol, anyone feeling patient? I just think I might be onto something...

I recall even from my bodybuilding days people used Ketotifen 1mg/day for 6 weeks to re-sensitise Beta 2 receptors. Any merit in trying?

Last edited:

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Histamine goes up when you have high metabolism. if metabolism is slow, histidine to histamine conversion goes down. same as serotonin acetylcholine, cortisol

opiods cannabinoids.

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
Yes, I mentioned ketotifen or cypro. I am actually running ketotifen for couple of people now. with copper toxicity.
Lol - oh fuck this means I stumbled upon a half-sane idea!

Shall I run it too Mr Helen? 6 weeks @ 1mg/day? Give it a stab?

How are the others finding it?

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
you have very high calcium on your hairtest, there is some calcium activation going on, this kills your metabolism to very low

and cortisol, histamine, acetylcholine serotonin all down.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
SO if this is copper toxicity in the brain, then blocking histamine, which copper breaks down, the body tries to get rid of copper. from there.

this is why I am trying it.

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
Selenium speeds up thyroid. If your thyroid is low, it could explain high calcium on your hairtest

without thyroid you cant have histamine or estrogen.

I would try it and see how you feel.

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
You see your estrogen was very very low on your bloods. when you took your hairtest

this means the body does not want estrogen since you are copper toxic , or calcium activation supprreses estrogen ( it could be zinc) also

or thyroid is low.

we see zero selenium, so try that first, to see if estrogen goes up.

and then copper toxicity zinc toxicity , as reasons of calcium activation.

or it could be that estrogen receptor is upregulated. as it is and actual estrogen is causing calcium retention.

PLus cortisol receptor upregulation

so these are your variants to try out.

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
@jinstewart I would check calcium in blood and active vitamin D. 1.25D and normal vit D. also
Just ordered those, I'll get them taken before the end of the week, results probably next week.

Last edited:

Admiral

Dec 12, 2017
Holland
I have crazy allergies lately. Will order an anti-histamine, likely periactin and use it while on my other stack.

EDIT: Never mind:

CYPRO is garbage. So the body is trying to raise cortisol to do some shit and some idiots takes Cypro and blocks it? Oh ok

How about just eat some food with b12 and bs so adrenaline starts up and cortisol lowers ))

Last edited:

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
I'm pretty sure @Helen wrote somewhere also that low metabolism = low histamine (among other things) because histamine lowers Potassium in the cell and in slow metabolism body is trying to retain potassium thus histamine NOT allowed
I agree with this fully, but I have been thinking the following: Perhaps, we also need to look at external hist(amines) as opposed to just body-made histamine! Meaning the reactions one gets from certain foods/eating in general.

I presume this reaction can also causes potassium loss to worsen, lowering metabolic rate some more.

jinstewart

Jan 24, 2019
UK
@Helen - Calcium is in! You get a few tests in with it it seems:

Albumin - 48g/L (ref 34-50) pretty high
Calcium - 2.3 mmol/L (ref 2.2-2.6) low ish
Corrected Calcium - 2.25 mmol/L (ref 2.2-2.6) quite low

EDIT 21/8/19 now also got Vitamin D (25 OH) and Vitamin D (1-25 Dihydroxy) in:

Vitamin D (25OH) - 58.8 nmol/L (ref 50-175) super low.
Vitamin D (1-25 Dihydroxy) Calcitriol - 114 pmol/L (ref 58-192) perfectly mid-range, BUT came with the note "Result with reservation, specimen haemolytic." - although this note has not been made alongside any other blood test I've ever had before.

EDIT 23/8/19 Ok, they're all in @Helen. Any good?

Histamine - plasma 6.4 nmol/l (ref 0-9) - only very slightly elevated but well in range.

Last edited:

Continuous Heal

Jan 6, 2018
Canada
you have very high calcium on your hairtest, there is some calcium activation going on, this kills your metabolism to very low

and cortisol, histamine, acetylcholine serotonin all down.
TEI is dosing me Copper, and telling me I need to have more calcium / retain more. I also sneeze really easily and frequently feel allergic. 5 seconds with a dermaroller and I sneeze. Feels like high histamine with copper toxicity and low calcium. Does this make sense?