Hair loss from vitamin b5

May 10, 2018
Uk
Hi I've been taking the recommended b vitamin supplements and cysteine but have not noticed much change or improvement in hair
Should I keep on the vitamins and give it a few more months

Thanks

May 10, 2018
Uk
yes the vitamins that orion recomended from this thread.is cystiene the main vitamin (key) to stopping hairloss from vitamin b5 i just want my hair to return from the damage caused ny vitamin b5.i take biotin b1 b2 and b3 and cysteine 600mg.i dont think my hair test results are very accurate becouse i dont smoke and i always eat quite healthy

HerrFisch

Oct 7, 2017
yes
I think high b5 does boost Coa synthesis but cofactors go proportionally missing and thus you go into high pyruvate and lactic acidosis. Which leads to slow mito and krebs cycle.
Cofactors of enzymes that do pyruvate is mostly Cysteine, B5, B1 and Mg, Mn, Biotin.

Any other people that experienced hairloss from b5? I wonder if all were slow oxidizer after with high calcium.
I did b5 as well and did have high Ca, amongst other things that indicate very slow metabolism.

Bankai900

May 27, 2019
Poland
I think high b5 does boost Coa synthesis but cofactors go proportionally missing and thus you go into high pyruvate and lactic acidosis. Which leads to slow mito and krebs cycle.
Cofactors of enzymes that do pyruvate is mostly Cysteine, B5, B1 and Mg, Mn, Biotin.

Any other people that experienced hairloss from b5? I wonder if all were slow oxidizer after with high calcium.
I did b5 as well and did have high Ca, amongst other things that indicate very slow metabolism.
God so much informatioon XD
I'm losing my hairs for 10 years now. And I always thought I'm losing way more during summer. I blamed it on alcohol, maybe estrogendominance and bad lifestyle habits(probably all together).
But now reading this reminds me that as a younger person I was using panthenol on my skin almost daily (parents recommended...)
So I was busting myself all over my body every summer daily with panthenol for probably 7-8years = provitamin-b5.
Hairtest, slow oxi + superhigh calc.