Guy says vitamin A is a toxin not a vitamin

tallglass13

Oct 11, 2017
@TubZy,,,hahah, no it didn't. But the thread poster named franko stayed strong and didn't let the comments get to him. I think this Vit A has a bit of merit. the night shades are high in carotene, and RP does not like carotene either. I think not eating the night shades will help a lot of conditions people might have. Vitamin A , or retinoic acid is chemotherapy. Accutane is Vit A=bad, Retin A is vit A=burning your skin off. Night shades can be irritating to the capillaries.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
International Waters - Whaling
www.youtube.com
Was RP mostly about eating 30 O4an6es a day and drinking milk +/- Haidut supplements(drugs)?

Just curious. Tiny bit of retin a did not hurt me (anti aging stuff), nor accutane I think (but quite possibly did). NOW yeah, obv never take accutane. Perfect skin like 12 yrs outside of some issues. Some scars and stuff. A pimple or ingrown hair sometimes 1 or 2 x a yr which drove me cray and likely would again when happens again. Ok if smoking or new med (1-2 x in 10 yrs 3 I guess) or things like that , bad skin. And other issues fr last yr, but o/w no. Maybe fasting and ex and diet and random factors helped.

Last edited:

Brute

Apr 23, 2018
Was RP mostly about eating 30 O4an6es a day and drinking milk +/- Haidut supplements(drugs)?

Just curious. Tiny bit of retin a did not hurt me (anti aging stuff), nor accutane I think (but quite possibly did). NOW yeah, obv never take accutane. Perfect skin like 12 yrs outside of some issues. Some scars and stuff. A pimple or ingrown hair sometimes 1 or 2 x a yr which drove me cray and likely would again when happens again. Ok if smoking or new med (1-2 x in 10 yrs 3 I guess) or things like that , bad skin. And other issues fr last yr, but o/w no. Maybe fasting and ex and diet and random factors helped.
Well, I'd differentiate between the real RP dietary recommendations and the ideology and teachings coming from haidut, crazycharlie and all of his alts who claim that 1 mg of androsterone turned them from an ugly horse to a 10/10 stud (not to be confused with our @Stud here) where women in a 10 feet radius automatically undress, run to you and lick you all up, and their crew over at RPF.

This is a Ray Peat dietary template: https://www.curezone.org/upload/_A_Forums/Adrenal_Fatigue/Screen_shot_2013_08_15_at_11_02_55_AM.png

This is a RPF template: IdeaLabs Online Store - Lab / R&D Chemicals

I also still don't know to this day if sladerunner is the biggest troll ever or actually the most autistic narcissist I've witnessed both offline and online. haidut is fat, bald and ugly too. A very weird cult there in my opinion and a disgrace to Ray Peat, because even if you don't agree with him, he doesn't deserve that garbage of a forum to wear his name.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com
HAHAHA... MISSED that . Only lurked there.
That sounds pretty preposterous. I'm sure you jest.

I did hear of sladerunner, be rite back: CLEARLY BEST LOOKING MALE SPECIMEN EVER!!!!! -that guy's either hilarious or insane. A GREAT TROLL.

I'm sure Ray Peat is far removed from the forum and only answers newsletters or something... as per HerrFisch (who also doesn't really follow RP).

GLAD I DIDN'T FUCK ORANGES FOR IMMUNITY BOOSTING.

"haidut is fat, bald and ugly too."

CANNOT COMMENT, no idea... but thought he was a health fanatic. NEVER used his stuff, thanks to HS but also common sense.
Still shouldn't laugh at others,, not nice.

I'm sure SOME Of it makes sense.
Even a broken clock is rite twice a day rite.

Last edited:

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017

tfcjesse

Learning
Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Well, I'd differentiate between the real RP dietary recommendations and the ideology and teachings coming from haidut, crazycharlie and all of his alts who claim that 1 mg of androsterone turned them from an ugly horse to a 10/10 stud (not to be confused with our @Stud here) where women in a 10 feet radius automatically undress, run to you and lick you all up, and their crew over at RPF.

This is a Ray Peat dietary template: https://www.curezone.org/upload/_A_Forums/Adrenal_Fatigue/Screen_shot_2013_08_15_at_11_02_55_AM.png

This is a RPF template: IdeaLabs Online Store - Lab / R&D Chemicals

I also still don't know to this day if sladerunner is the biggest troll ever or actually the most autistic narcissist I've witnessed both offline and online. haidut is fat, bald and ugly too. A very weird cult there in my opinion and a disgrace to Ray Peat, because even if you don't agree with him, he doesn't deserve that garbage of a forum to wear his name.
Had to chuckle a bit about the caricatures you pointed out there, especially slade. I remember a thread where he posted his pic and claimed he’s a 10/10 Adonis, annoyed with the duty of swatting away girls like flies. Small chance he’s a troll but considering his post history I’d wager not. Hilarious thread.

As for Peat, I think the real value is in his articles and interviews. The forum is less consistent.

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
Had to chuckle a bit about the caricatures you pointed out there, especially slade. I remember a thread where he posted his pic and claimed he’s a 10/10 Adonis, annoyed with the duty of swatting away girls like flies. Small chance he’s a troll but considering his post history I’d wager not. Hilarious thread.

As for Peat, I think the real value is in his articles and interviews. The forum is less consistent.
Slade seems like a complete know it all, even on topics which are 100% up for debate and still developing. When he says things like he's a 10/10 adonis swatting away females, then you see his picture... well, he sets himself up not to be believed in the future. Society sets objective standards of attraction based on looks which you can only argue with minutely.

I guess gbold also seems like a know it all, but he puts forth new and interesting ideas to delve into, as well as sounding intelligent in the process.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com
Maybe he's a lookism user/ wackjob (jk I wouldn't know). He does seem somewhat unbalanced...

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
Last edited:

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
@Helen

I wonder if the fat soluble vitamins RDI is simply too high due to the fact we seem to store and accumulate in the liver?
Does the liver flush help us mostly because it flushes vitamin A out of our system? Does such a thing happen?

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
www.youtube.com
Writing books ... is not the same as writing something, worth being read:

M_arch said:
"And that its to blame for autoimmune conditions!
Apparently has cured his own ezcema with a vitamin A deficient diet

Check out his blog:
Ideas, Concepts, and Observations

He's even written two books about the subject, both of which are free downloads on his blog. 400pages each lol" ---> sounds like a dick (takes one to know one, I know).

Wondering the same, and Emmylou Harris in the avatar?
Correct, I reverse Image searched the first day, I didn't want to give away state secrets though.

-tons take retin a no issue... like everyone over 30 in NY and Toronto and LA.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017
Europe
This is the first time I saw that study, I bet that didn't go well over at RP LOL
@TubZy,,,hahah, no it didn't. But the thread poster named franko stayed strong and didn't let the comments get to him. I think this Vit A has a bit of merit. the night shades are high in carotene, and RP does not like carotene either. I think not eating the night shades will help a lot of conditions people might have. Vitamin A , or retinoic acid is chemotherapy. Accutane is Vit A=bad, Retin A is vit A=burning your skin off. Night shades can be irritating to the capillaries.
The admin seems fine....
Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

If we have too much, then we need to deplete vitA. It might be a good idea for autoimmune and for liver's problems...

And the accutane example, with slow reversal of symptoms, seem to show that the idea is worth taking into account!
He says that the problem is retinoic acid, the oxydized form of vitamine A. 10 times more toxic.

If we have no problem with vitamine A and do not gulp liver or fish oil when we are fed up with it, then all fine!
If you have a look at the quantity of vitamine A in leafy greens and the fact that ruminants are able to break down most of it and we do not... it goes with Peat ideas about carotens.

It can also explain why carnivore diet works, as it works especially for auto-immune, and why some people in it can use dairies / eggs and others cannot.

Also think about the many reasons to be careful with eating pigs when not fermented: they are not ruminants. And they are not so much greens lovers.

A quote from Matt Stone:
"No one is saying that vitamin A is bad. All that Grant is saying is that once your liver is saturated with vitamin A, all sources of vitamin A that you consume become extremely inflammatory. That’s all. No one is saying it’s bad. It’s just that too much is bad, and if you’ve consumed too much and gotten ill from it, the solution is to eat NONE for a while. Like a 8 months or so."

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017
Europe
Vit A Releases iron stored in liver right?
what what what!
Does it mean we can have a high iron in htma because it has been released from our liver, and that it can come from vitamine A?
Vitamine A is by the way ALSO stored in liver…

Oct 4, 2017
Europe
I was interrested by the idea of Grant Genereux about the toxicity of too much retinoid acid coming from VitA.

So I tested this with my friend using a pendulum, and she said I could eat food with vitamine A.
(personal examples if you want to skip….
I can eat egg yolk but when I asked for the white, this is the one that is not great for me! I can eat ghee more tan butter and my problema is with lactose, not casein as I thought, and not vitamin A)

BUT then I had the idea to test PRO-vitamin As foods, and this is the surprise, I have a problem with CAROTEN!
The biggest surprise was the low score of carrots… But I can have white carrots and celeriac but NOT celery above of the ground, nor parsley!
These green leaves have carotens in high quantity! It is just hidden by chlorophile. So I had the idea to test chlorella… and it was a no-no...
Dendelion leaves tested a 50%, that I interprete as "Something is not good, I guess carotens, but something is good for you in it, probably the bitterness".

So of course I asked for some nightshades, because lycopen is a form of carotenoid… and the surprise was that I could have even red tomato. We could not test all I wanted, but for peppers, they seemed ok except the spicey one.

I just want to suggest that when a plant is not ok for us, it might be for another reason than the one we thought!

I also want to suggest that the colors you like in your plate - if you have not "mentally" convinced yourself that you like the rainbow - can be a good way to use instinct. I have always loved to eat PURPLE. It seems to match my anti-oxydant body need! I asked about eating things like berries, and the violet ones were all high in compatibility! I can have blueberries, and 2 local purple berries I have planted.
In red I could have raspberries, but strawberries were a clear no-no... Why?

If you can trust somebody using either kinesiology, pendulum or the chinese pulse test, go for it! My friend uses the pendulum while keeping a finger on my pulse, saying this is to secure she tests ME
But take into account that the result is for NOW, the moment you test. I know it is important to be well hydrated to get a good Access to body informations, so be hydrated that day + have a drink just before testing. Then my idea is that it is better to not have eaten your meal just before (the body wants no more food!).