Guy says vitamin A is a toxin not a vitamin

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
And that its to blame for autoimmune conditions!
Apparently has cured his own ezcema with a vitamin A deficient diet

Check out his blog:
Ideas, Concepts, and Observations

He's even written two books about the subject, both of which are free downloads on his blog. 400pages each lol

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
This is a very good example how some folks love to project things that help them onto others. like Calcium cures cancer, and you need 10000 calcium day, like vitamin A is evil and if I cured my eczema means your autism is also because of that, another person( Morley Robbins) - magnesium is the answer to everything and vitamin A is good and D is bad, Ray Peat adrenaline is bad serotonin is evil, cortisol is your death.. All these people seems to forget that there are difference balances in different people and what works for them does not work for your neighbour , and in some imbalances people have low serotonin and that is killing them. Actually it was recently proven that rats who lack serotonin became gay . Now look around how many more gay people we get yearly. Gay people think they were born like that. They might have. But it has nothing to do with genes, it is mostly copper balance, which affects the serotonin.

Now if Ray Peat forum wants to kill the serotonin to zero., we soon could see some new gay marriages come out of that forum )) Homosexual mounting behavior induced in male rats and rabbits by a tryptophan-free diet - ScienceDirect

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
This is a very good example how some folks love to project things that help them onto others. like Calcium cures cancer, and you need 10000 calcium day, like vitamin A is evil and if I cured my eczema means your autism is also because of that, another person( Morley Robbins) - magnesium is the answer to everything and vitamin A is good and D is bad, Ray Peat adrenaline is bad serotonin is evil, cortisol is your death.. All these people seems to forget that there are difference balances in different people and what works for them does not work for your neighbour , and in some imbalances people have low serotonin and that is killing them. Actually it was recently proven that rats who lack serotonin became gay . Now look around how many more gay people we get yearly. Gay people think they were born like that. They might have. But it has nothing to do with genes, it is mostly copper balance, which affects the serotonin.

Now if Ray Peat forum wants to kill the serotonin to zero., we soon could see some new gay marriages come out of that forum )) Homosexual mounting behavior induced in male rats and rabbits by a tryptophan-free diet - ScienceDirect
I agree with your approach for the most part, Helen. Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps this pertains mostly to the accutane people... since that is synthetic vitamin a. The author of the blog also states that if you eat a lot of commercial dairy or other foods fortified by vitamin a you will slowly overdose on it. This is not true for all people who dont consume lots of vit a (or im sure people who use it up fast).

It was curious that i developed an autoimmune problem and consistent dry eyes over my last course (i had 4 courses) of accutane. He thinks that if a young person might have like 10% storage full of their livers of vitamin a as a teenager, but taking accutane might make it like 40% full very quickly. So in 1 course of vitamin a youve had like 10 or 20yrs worth of liver storage filling up (from a slightly accumulative vitamin a diet), meaning youre going to hit liver capacity sooner, and when that happens you start to get autoimmune problems and a whole host of health conditions.

This guy has written two 400+ page booms on the subject freely available on his blog and welcomes questions and gives next day answers in the comments of his blog. He seems like a smart dude.

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
That looks like enough reading to the end of the summer and beyond. Maybe the author make a distinction between different types of metabolism or he is advising on vit A in general, do you recall ?
Do you say we should assault his blog or it might be beneficial for the discussion for him to participate around here ?
I just skimmed through the 1st book. Basically hes saying vitamin A is toxic in excess, which we all already know. What we might not be aware of is that a lot of foods are fortified with vitamin a. If yoy have any symptoms of vitamin a toxicity (like autoimmune problems) he recommends a vitamin a deficit diet for 12 months to see if that fixes it. He thinks the vitamin a stores fill up very slowly and much of late age problems are because we have too much of it.

Apr 12, 2018
NC

Low serotonin increases libido, I seriously doubt a tryptophan-free diet will result in homosexuality in human beings.

Many people have taken cyproheptadine and other such drugs and haven't become homosexual.

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
Why did gbolduev change his name to helen?
He kind of looks like a Helen if thats him in the avatar to be honest.

HerrFisch

Oct 7, 2017
yes
What always confuses me on RPF is that in every case where people are using cyproheptadine, they always ascribe the changes / improvements to cypros antiserotonergic characteristics.
Even though its #1 antihistamine. Why dont they think of better digestion or whatever changes are because of the histamine actions?
Is it because its all about serotonin at RPF ?

Apr 12, 2018
NC
What always confuses me on RPF is that in every case where people are using cyproheptadine, they always ascribe the changes / improvements to cypros antiserotonergic characteristics.
Even though its #1 antihistamine. Why dont they think of better digestion or whatever changes are because of the histamine actions?
It's not all about anything anywhere.

I'm staunchly against trying to "boil-down" other people's beliefs or group certain people who are similar together.

I would say that cypro's positive and anti-inflammatory effects are due to both opposing histamine and serotonin.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Basically hes saying vitamin A is toxic in excess, which we all already know. What we might not be aware of is that a lot of foods are fortified with vitamin a. If yoy have any symptoms of vitamin a toxicity (like autoimmune problems) he recommends a vitamin a deficit diet for 12 months to see if that fixes it.

Last edited:

Yura

Mar 12, 2018
Czech Republic
Wondering the same, and Emmylou Harris in the avatar?
Because he(his real name) doesn't want to be associated with discussions about dick disfunction etc. on the internet. It can hurt his image etc. in real life. I understand that. He should use nickname from the start..

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
When I was really ill my saliva cortisol was out of control high in morning and would crash low later in day. It was scary the symptoms I dealt with at this time.

I theorized I needed to block serotonin. I had a form of serotonin syndrome I theorized. Blocking some serotonin receptors blocks cortisol response to stress. That said I used cyproheptadine and my cortisol levels normalized instantly. Symptoms improved big time, but I was still very very ill.

I told several doctors "I think I have serotonin syndrome." They all thought I was a whack job.

Finally when I saw Shawn Bean in May '17 he looked at my amino acid profile and saw how high tryptophan was and he said "you have a form of serotonin syndrome going on." Without me saying anything about it!!!!!!

My lyme issues were stressing my body out so much that cortisol was being released to due to stress/ PFS - inability to detoxify a severely toxic body while these mycoplasma critters were eating away at me.

boris

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017

This is the first time I saw that study, I bet that didn't go well over at RP LOL