Gut microbiome testing

Aleksandr

Oct 4, 2017
@mattyb @gbolduev @TubZy

What are your opinions on gut microbiome testing? Worth doing? Does it have to be a stool test? Who do you recommend to test with?

Ivy

Oct 5, 2017
There is a very cheap test (more or less 30 Euros in my country) that should give you some insight: the Candida Albicans stool test. I do believe it is reliable. I've had it numerous times to keep things in check, after a very expensive Gut Dysbyosis stool test.

If you're still eating as described in your Hair test results 2 post, the only item I'd be weary of in your diet is bread. On a personal note, I'm not currently eating any dairy but, despite their yin nature, sheep/goat kefir and yogurt I think do me more good than harm.

tanedout

Oct 17, 2017
@mattyb @gbolduev @TubZy

What are your opinions on gut microbiome testing? Worth doing? Does it have to be a stool test? Who do you recommend to test with?
I'd say it's well worth doing. I did one from Genova Diagnostics, and a number of PFS guys have also had the same test done;

Clinician Services | Genova Diagnositcs

Interestingly I believe everyone with PAS and PFS had no growth of the lactobacillus species of beneficial bacteria. In addition I also have no growth of the beneficial e-coli strain.

You also get analysis of markers for inflammation. I would say it's worth adding on the bile acids analysis - unfortunately I forgot this when I ordered.

tanedout

Oct 17, 2017
This exactly what CHI had, same issue and he resolved PFS by diet and excercises... and little supplements
I just found a log on my PC where I collected up the results of everyone who has done this testing, and actually Chi is the odd one out - he had growth of lactobacillus, whereas everyone else had no growth of this species (myself included). Not sure if that could be a factor as to why he was able to recover, but it seems his gut micro biome was likely different to most others with PFS & PAS

Chi

Lactobacillis 4+
E-coli NG
Bifidobacterium 4+

bruschi11

Oct 3, 2017
Boston, MA
This exactly what CHI had, same issue and he resolved PFS by diet and excercises... and little supplements
He had his set supplements like wormwood/clove, probiotics, and several others. I think he had like 5 supps he was religious with and if he removed he had trouble.

wuf

Oct 4, 2017
I just found a log on my PC where I collected up the results of everyone who has done this testing, and actually Chi is the odd one out - he had growth of lactobacillus, whereas everyone else had no growth of this species (myself included). Not sure if that could be a factor as to why he was able to recover, but it seems his gut micro biome was likely different to most others with PFS & PAS

Chi

Lactobacillis 4+
E-coli NG
Bifidobacterium 4+
What does it mean NG for e-coli?