Grounding

opiath

Oct 18, 2017
Bulgaria
Hi everyone.

I've been on this forum since the beginning when it branched off RPF and I've been following your struggles with PFS.
I haven't been able to contribute any useful information so far as I don't understand your condition very well.
Also I don't understand mineral interaction and hormonal balance as well as I wish I could but this is something I want to share.

Grounding is something that isn't talked about on this forum but it might benefit a lot of people here.
The idea behind it is that earth's crust has an abundance of free electrons that act as antioxidants upon direct contact with the human body.
It is something that all plants and animals naturally have access to.
Humans have artificially disconnected themselves from direct contact with the earth using asphalt, concrete, plastics, shoes, etc.
We like to tell ourselves that these are technological improvements and we have achieved better environmental protection but have we?
So many people get sick these days and we don't know why.
We like to say on this forum that this is because of pharmaceuticals, heavy metals, mineral imbalance & vitamin deficiencies but is this the whole picture?

What if by disconnecting ourselves from the earth we loose resilience against all these factors?
I invite you to explore this topic and try it out for yourself.

The mechanism grounding works is almost the same as the one we discussed in the hydrogen water thread with one crucial caveat.
When you drink hydrogen water you use electrons from the molecule to neutralize free radicals which is great but then you are left with all these hydrogen ions which bring down your PH.
If acid-base balance is screwed up and you don't have good buffers, the protons left over when molecular hydrogen gives off its electrons are going't to screw with your metabolism by pushing metabolic acidosis.

With grounding/earthing you don't get this negative effect.
By touching the earth you only get the electrons.
So in effect you neutralize excessive oxidative stress throughout the body.

Do you know what antioxidants are at their core btw?
These magic molecules that are repeated a lot on this forum: glutathione, catalase, SOD.
Their function is to give electrons to other molecules.
That's why in order to work they need to be constantly reloaded by NADPH (an electron donor).
If there are a lot of metals that need to be moved around the body or there are infections there is huge pressure on these molecules.
When the pressure becomes too much we crash and go into unbalanced metabolic context.
Then we stop chelating those metals around and we get more and more toxic.

What if by connecting to the earth we take the pressure off our internal antioxidants and allow them to do their important job?

Anyways. To test this yourself all you have to do go barefoot onto some grass when you have free time.
It is free and you can test how it works on you.

But this process can be hacked and you can get the benefits without walking around without shoes wasting your time.
They sell these electroconductive mats and blankets that you can connect to the ground (with a grounding rod) or to the electrical socket(only works if your building's electricala system is grounded).
The most popular sellers are Grounding Technology: Earthing sheets, Mats & more fo the EU Earthing & Grounding Products | The Original Grounding Innovators for the US.
The universal mat is pretty cheap 40$/45GBP and it has some pretty good conduction.
I tested it with electrical multimeter and when I step on it it equalizes my skin voltage to that of the ground.
Since the mat is made from some conductive carbon it even works throught my regular socks.

I've been using the mat while I'm working and the throw kit when I'm sleeping for 4 months now.
I'm pretty happy with the results so far.
First 2 days when I used grounding I felt jittery alot.
After that I had some pretty good improvements in stress tolerance and physical wellbeing.
I was able to do some kayaking, mountain biking and hiking this summer.
These were impossible for me an year ago.
I don't have PFS but my problems are pretty simillar to the problems of some people on the forum (copper overload, low bile flow, compromised digestion).

Let me state right now that THIS IS NOT SOME MAGICAL FIX for your problems.
IT WILL NOT FIX your PFS by itself.
IT WILL NOT FIX your mitochondrial antioxidant systems (which depend on iron/copper/zinc/manganese balance really).

All it will do is it will lower oxidative stress throughtout your tissues, take the pressure off your internal antioxidants and make you more resilient.
It is just that little something that you can constantly use to give you an edge against whatever it is you are fighting against.

If you are interested in the topic you have the internet so you can get more information if you want.
I'm still in experimental phase with this.

Here are some interesting studies into grounding:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/pdf/JEPH2012-291541.pdf (very interesting how the cortisol pattern changes when the subjects slept grounded)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378297/pdf/jir-8-083.pdf

opiath

Oct 18, 2017
Bulgaria
Am doing it for 3 months a year for over a decade. Didn't fix my hairloss tho xd
I think it benefits some cases more than others.
For example if your metabolism is bottlenecked by oxidative stress it could be really good for you.
But if your oxidation is slow because of some other problem and your antioxidant systems are not pressured it wouldn't have much effect.

Bankai900

May 27, 2019
Poland
I think it benefits some cases more than others.
For example if your metabolism is bottlenecked by oxidative stress it could be really good for you.
But if your oxidation is slow because of some other problem and your antioxidant systems are not pressured it wouldn't have much effect.
That's exactly why doing everything together as you said is so important^^.
I'm still not entirely convinced that hairloss is a health issue. So wouldn't take that as a "reason" not to do grounding^^
Same time we can say maybe it protected me from other potential issues

Seekinghealth

Apr 11, 2019
Netherlands
Hi everyone.

I've been on this forum since the beginning when it branched off RPF and I've been following your struggles with PFS.
I haven't been able to contribute any useful information so far as I don't understand your condition very well.
Also I don't understand mineral interaction and hormonal balance as well as I wish I could but this is something I want to share.

Grounding is something that isn't talked about on this forum but it might benefit a lot of people here.
The idea behind it is that earth's crust has an abundance of free electrons that act as antioxidants upon direct contact with the human body.
It is something that all plants and animals naturally have access to.
Humans have artificially disconnected themselves from direct contact with the earth using asphalt, concrete, plastics, shoes, etc.
We like to tell ourselves that these are technological improvements and we have achieved better environmental protection but have we?
So many people get sick these days and we don't know why.
We like to say on this forum that this is because of pharmaceuticals, heavy metals, mineral imbalance & vitamin deficiencies but is this the whole picture?

What if by disconnecting ourselves from the earth we loose resilience against all these factors?
I invite you to explore this topic and try it out for yourself.

The mechanism grounding works is almost the same as the one we discussed in the hydrogen water thread with one crucial caveat.
When you drink hydrogen water you use electrons from the molecule to neutralize free radicals which is great but then you are left with all these hydrogen ions which bring down your PH.
If acid-base balance is screwed up and you don't have good buffers, the protons left over when molecular hydrogen gives off its electrons are going't to screw with your metabolism by pushing metabolic acidosis.

With grounding/earthing you don't get this negative effect.
By touching the earth you only get the electrons.
So in effect you neutralize excessive oxidative stress throughout the body.

Do you know what antioxidants are at their core btw?
These magic molecules that are repeated a lot on this forum: glutathione, catalase, SOD.
Their function is to give electrons to other molecules.
That's why in order to work they need to be constantly reloaded by NADPH (an electron donor).
If there are a lot of metals that need to be moved around the body or there are infections there is huge pressure on these molecules.
When the pressure becomes too much we crash and go into unbalanced metabolic context.
Then we stop chelating those metals around and we get more and more toxic.

What if by connecting to the earth we take the pressure off our internal antioxidants and allow them to do their important job?

Anyways. To test this yourself all you have to do go barefoot onto some grass when you have free time.
It is free and you can test how it works on you.

But this process can be hacked and you can get the benefits without walking around without shoes wasting your time.
They sell these electroconductive mats and blankets that you can connect to the ground (with a grounding rod) or to the electrical socket(only works if your building's electricala system is grounded).
The most popular sellers are Grounding Technology: Earthing sheets, Mats & more fo the EU Earthing & Grounding Products | The Original Grounding Innovators for the US.
The universal mat is pretty cheap 40$/45GBP and it has some pretty good conduction.
I tested it with electrical multimeter and when I step on it it equalizes my skin voltage to that of the ground.
Since the mat is made from some conductive carbon it even works throught my regular socks.

I've been using the mat while I'm working and the throw kit when I'm sleeping for 4 months now.
I'm pretty happy with the results so far.
First 2 days when I used grounding I felt jittery alot.
After that I had some pretty good improvements in stress tolerance and physical wellbeing.
I was able to do some kayaking, mountain biking and hiking this summer.
These were impossible for me an year ago.
I don't have PFS but my problems are pretty simillar to the problems of some people on the forum (copper overload, low bile flow, compromised digestion).

Let me state right now that THIS IS NOT SOME MAGICAL FIX for your problems.
IT WILL NOT FIX your PFS by itself.
IT WILL NOT FIX your mitochondrial antioxidant systems (which depend on iron/copper/zinc/manganese balance really).

All it will do is it will lower oxidative stress throughtout your tissues, take the pressure off your internal antioxidants and make you more resilient.
It is just that little something that you can constantly use to give you an edge against whatever it is you are fighting against.

If you are interested in the topic you have the internet so you can get more information if you want.
I'm still in experimental phase with this.

Here are some interesting studies into grounding:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/pdf/JEPH2012-291541.pdf (very interesting how the cortisol pattern changes when the subjects slept grounded)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378297/pdf/jir-8-083.pdf
Any starter (set of products) recommendations? Eu in my case;
Are you only using the mat?

opiath

Oct 18, 2017
Bulgaria
Any starter (set of products) recommendations? Eu in my case;
Are you only using the mat?
I have the mat in my office with the EU connection plug since the outlets there are grounded.
At home I have the blanket that I sleep on top of. It is connected to my backyard with a grounding rod since the outlets are not grounded (it's an old building).

In the EU, buildings that are built in the last 30 years are all pretty much all grounded by standard, as long as the electrical engineers didn't fail with the wiring.
They sell outlet testers so if you are not sure you can buy one and test your sockets.

The connection plug for the mats/sheets/blankets doesn't really connect to the live/neutral points of the outlet.
It has plastic pins that go inside the outlet and the earth voltage is conducted by earth clips (they are on the side).

If your building is old there is a chance there is no grounding and if that's the case you won't be able to use outlets.

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Does that mean if just the neutral and earth on a socket arent conected in it, then the only other option would be to make a wire grounded conection from the outside of the building and to the app you are in ?
Maybe the first sent isnt real solution at all if the whole wiring is not conected to Earth outside the building !?

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Hey MiN(x)K @MNK99 you might need to ground yourself a lil bit, you are too fly man :))

Electricians use from 20 to 200+ centimeters rods to ground a house, as deeper as it gets less resistance. Its a struggle to ground yourself in an old condo w/o making too much noise and attention, since you have to go deep enough and thats done with penetrator manually to go 1-2+ meters into the ground, not just to berry some rod and connect it. Office grounding sounds fun and probably would be best all coworkers to be on same mindset regarding this.

MNK99

Nov 6, 2017
International Waters - Whaling
www.youtube.com
My building is brand new, as were all bldgs I've lived in. One city old buildings are DANGEROUS/gross (bugs). Not that dangerous but SKETCHY for sure.
There even trash places are 2500-4000 a mo.
And here, they all literally cost basically the same plus or minus 400-600 dollars a month if renting.

I did sleep at times weeks to months on the floor (hardwood) or a mat. Definitely helped random back and knee injuries. Staying over w a friend/ while moving.

Also in India, on ground on roof which is odd. I never liked that and only did it because I was visiting. I don't like being too too high up, in case of sleep walking. Which I'm pretty sure I don't do, but who knows. sleep walking on a roof = dangerous.

Did sleep on ground when visiting there, but on marble/granite floors. Cold (cold floor, cold at night. hot and humid as hell in daytime tho often).

My dad did for years I think bc of a shoulder injury.

I only study/trade/work/write etc, standing or lying down. i literally hate desks and chairs (feels like a prison cell). I mean at home*. In public, that's... not possible usually.

Last edited:

Ergogenic Health

Jan 26, 2019
Melbourne
Great post.

I love earthing.

In fact, after reading this, I just connected my earthing mat and have it at my office now.

Usually I go outside, but this has encouraged me to start using the mat again.

manu

Dec 9, 2017
Europe
@opiath
I bought an earthing sheet and see some improvement in terms of oxidative stress.

Did you experience a steady improvement over those 4 months or did it reach a plateau after some time?

Do you think it is worth to spend money on a mat to increase time being grounded during the day or is it useless since we are already saturated with electrons from sleeping on the earthing sheet?

I will continue either way but I would like to know what I can hope for.
Thank you!

opiath

Oct 18, 2017
Bulgaria
@manu

There was definitely a plateau for me after a few weeks use.
I'm not sure if I can describe it correctly but it felt like my body changing contexts.
Like I was deficient in some minerals before but I couldn't feed them since oxidative stress was a bottleneck.
And after grounding the need for them became apparent and taking them didn't lead to negative symptoms.

The first two weeks I slept grounded there was this very distinct hormonal smell in my morning urine.
When I tried to lookup this up in google I only found articles about Maple syrup urine disease - Wikipedia which is sometimes linked to thiamine deficiency.
I don't know if it was the same thing. The smell was sweet but more like hormonal and not like maple syrup.
It cleared up and I haven't had it since then but I was very curious about it at the time.
Maybe my body was resetting hormones.

As to your question about exposure time I feel like just a couple of hours are enough to reach your daily saturation.
But I guess it depends on what you do during the day, where you live and what your metabolism is like.
This curve seems relevant.

Diminishing-Returns.png

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
@opiath I love grounding, I lay on the beach all the time, and walk around outside without the shoes. Love laying on the land.( although we have some vipers here))

but arent you grounded still thru some concrete.

Also just imagine, some one sleeps grounded, then wakes up, goes to the computer , 5 minutes )) and boom))) WIFI))

I checked wifi, it increases phospholipase A 2 many fold, this is why so many people are on anti depressants to lower acetylcholine levels

I had to disconnect all wifis all over my house.

RebelWithACause

Jan 20, 2018
The Netherlands
@opiath I love grounding, I lay on the beach all the time, and walk around outside without the shoes.

but arent you grounded still thru some concrete.

Also just imagine, some one sleeps grounded, then wakes up, goes to the computer , 5 minutes )) and boom))) WIFI))

I checked wifi, it increases phospholipase A 2 many fold, this is why so many people are on anti depressants to lower acetylcholine levels

I had to disconnect all wifis all over my house.
I just installed a timer electric device so at night (12PM to 6AM - since I live with roommates) WiFi goes down. Neighbours still have WiFi though. So still get plenty.

Although even if I walk by a house I will be radiated with WiFi. At work I also get radiated heavily by multiple WiFi units.

So we need some type of lightweight underjacket/pants/socks that blocks WiFi radiation. I would wear it 100%. Just Maybe this is a great product. Hackstasis Clothing line.

D9_1_197_0004_600.jpg

Go outside like this/when you sleep/everything.

Last edited:

Helen

Staff member
Oct 5, 2017
I just installed a timer electric device so at night (12PM to 6AM - since I live with roommates) WiFi goes down. Neighbours still have WiFi though. So still get plenty.

Although even if I walk by a house I will be radiated with WiFi. At work I also get radiated heavily by multiple WiFi units.

So we need some type of lightweight underjacket/pants/socks that blocks WiFi radiation. I would wear it 100%. Just Maybe this is a great product. Hackstasis Clothing line.

View attachment 2035

Go outside like this/when you sleep/everything.

yeah, just imagine 5g)) that thing will be melting brains))