General Q & A

Oct 12, 2017
happenstance post_id=609 time=1507421485 user_id=99 said:
I have been taking cetirizin and loratadine daily for close to two decades. I would like to stop taking them, but I get schizophrenia symptoms when I stop taking them, this after a few months. I get anxiety and delusions after being off them for only a day. Please understand, I'm not exaggerating. It seems now to be about high histamine and histamine intolerance more than allergic reactions. The drugs must have increased my histamine sensitivity. I have found this on Ray Peat forum:

https://www.alternativementalhealth.com/commentary-on-nutritional-treatment-of-mental-disorders-2/#MH

Very interesting, it's based on experiences with thousands of patients, and it seems to be in line with what you (gbolduev) is saying, however the low methylators (high histamine) are portrayed as typically slender and obsessive - the high methylators (low histamine) as typically overweight.

What can I do to get off anti-histamines without schizophrenia symptoms? Methionine supplementation wakes me up and gives me a very nice energy (methyl vitamins don't work well for me, the SAMe I tried did not agree with me), but the mental problems are not helped much.
This site mentioned the high histamine =lean/muscular and low histamine = fat/depressed and high copper. This was the first time I'd seen histamine referred to in a positive light so I saved it for reference.

https://area1255.blogspot.ca/2014/08/how-to-tell-if-you-are-low-histamine-or.html?m=1

BTW, are you hotter than Caitlyn or is that someone else in your avatar? Inqiring minds want to know.

Oct 12, 2017
Latapy post_id=1012 time=1507733395 user_id=97 said:
I've read you saying that fasting is a way to heal from an infection. But what if a person is underweight and cannot fast... Is there any other way to do it?
A protein fast might be effective. You'd still get the autophagy clean up.

TubZy

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
happenstance post_id=873 time=1507639386 user_id=99 said:
TubZy post_id=797 time=1507586096 user_id=2 said:
happenstance post_id=640 time=1507458423 user_id=99 said:
Sorry, canary, I'm not a woman. I'm fine as long as I keep taking the anti-histamines at the correct time, i.e. every 24 hours. I stopped taking them for some months and had close to a mental breakdown. Extreme anxiety, paranoid delusions, in short the negative symptoms of schizophrenia. When I don't take anti-histamines I obsess about the paranoid delusions, I get new ones all the time, and feel threatened, when I take the anti-histamines it's like it doesn't matter if the delusions are real or not so I just stop thinking about them and then, boom I forget to take Loratadine and it flares up again. To me schizophrenia is a state in which you are confused and have difficulty dealing with the world, and so you feel threatened and this particular fear drives you nuts.

The reason I started to take them in the first place was allergies. Now I understand that I just need to avoid certain foods and additives, like xantangum, so I don't have allergies anymore, it's just the mental symptoms. When I was at my worst I also had increased sex-drive.

I thought the normal consensus was that progesterone increased mao-a, guess not. I think my state has been affected by pregvnenlone and progesterone supplementation too, my hunch is through increased glutamate. I absolutely can't handle free glutamate.
You try methyl folate or methyl B12 yet?

Yes, didnt feel good like methionine. Methyl folate felt horrible but I have mthfkr mutation. Maybe zinc mag potassium could change this, dunno.
What about just methyl b12 only how did you feel?

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
TubZy post_id=1181 time=1507861525 user_id=2 said:
happenstance post_id=873 time=1507639386 user_id=99 said:
TubZy post_id=797 time=1507586096 user_id=2 said:
You try methyl folate or methyl B12 yet?

Yes, didnt feel good like methionine. Methyl folate felt horrible but I have mthfkr mutation. Maybe zinc mag potassium could change this, dunno.
Speedy and not particularly good. Methionine hits the nail on the head. Walsh writes that b9 and b12 will make undermethylation worse.

[mention]Lurker[/mention] That's some interesting info in your blogpost. I'm so confused though. I fit perfectly into how you describe histadelics, but from Gbolds description I fit more into slow oxidizer, though skinny. Peats advice f'ed me up as I ate a lot of sugar and didn't execise, I'm pretty sure my salt/potassium ratio is horrible with too much salt. Copper makes my liver hurt. Walsh writes that copper deficiency is theoretically possible but almost unheard of.

jacknap

Oct 4, 2017
this is nother guy who crashed from RU58841 similarly to me. RU58841 as far as i know is not a progestin, yet same pfs symptoms?
[mention]gbolduev[/mention]

http://propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9960

Oct 4, 2017
Spain
Yes it is good to not focus only on certain health issues. We need a global image and not only manipulate ourselves at hormone levels. We need to broaden and go out of the dichotomy slow fast into finer subtypes. We know that we need the hair test, but also need to know what it implies in terms of diet, life style and nervous system characteristics.

[mention]gbolduev[/mention] you said you went further than the original types. I think we need the specificity of what you can bring. I started to organize the material you wrote, and look on the web to complement. I don't want you repeat what is already there. I want to do more but I feel like sh** and am fasting and feel weak. In my log I put what have found about copper and zinc. Other members like [mention]m_arch[/mention] are trying to organize the informations we need.
To do this better, we need you [mention]Nina[/mention] and @all-you-forum-members ! Organizing means to me cutting the job into little pieces and then "who looks for what", and makes a resume of what one has found.

A

Anonymous

@gbolduev u promised a few weeks ago u would post the recommendations for different cases, still haven't done it though. When are you posting it?

Shadow

Staff member
Oct 3, 2017
Nina post_id=3564 time=1509985486 user_id=126 said:
@gbolduev u promised a few weeks ago u would post the recommendations for different cases, still haven't done it though. When are you posting it?
I dont know if you read, be he took finasteride again and crashed! so please be patient, hes experimenting with pfs stuff

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any resveratrol protocol? It seems to be a safe and easy try, so I would like to commit myself to it. I used the search but coudn't find specific information. How much should I take? How often? How long? Has anyone got cured or at least saw great improvements on it? I want to follow a protocol, so I think it would me more complex than just buying a bottle of wine and taking aleatory doses.

Oct 4, 2017
Spain
Shadow post_id=3566 time=1509986650 user_id=54 said:
Nina post_id=3564 time=1509985486 user_id=126 said:
I dont know if you read, be he took finasteride again and crashed! so please be patient, hes experimenting with pfs stuff
I was beginning to understand this but at the same time could not believe it nor understand why! Fair experiment to find how to come back.

Oct 7, 2017
@Gbolduev, do you have any suggestions for people women who are experiencing hair thinning at a young age (25-30?) I have a friend who is experiencing this.

Oct 4, 2017
Spain
There is already a topic, as a female member has this.

Scenes

Oct 3, 2017
raskolnikov post_id=5230 time=1511815476 user_id=1366 said:
Is there any resveratrol protocol? It seems to be a safe and easy try, so I would like to commit myself to it. I used the search but coudn't find specific information. How much should I take? How often? How long? Has anyone got cured or at least saw great improvements on it? I want to follow a protocol, so I think it would me more complex than just buying a bottle of wine and taking aleatory doses.
There is no resveratrol protocol. He has said estrogen + dht will fix you very quickly, but it likely won’t last once you come off. In terms of balancing you longer term, he has suggested taking it with Thorne extra or even with zinc + manganese, as you’re getting the needed minerals but also keeping estrogen signalling high for libido.

I’ve taken one or two standard resveratrol pills for the last few days/week and noticed the improvements very fast.

Removing free copper and iron in the brain and getting estrogen going again seems really key in curing pfs.

Oct 7, 2017
Canari post_id=5524 time=1512073700 user_id=62 said:
Do you know member name? Have a link? I will try and search tommorrow if you don't know off the top of your head

Minime

Oct 4, 2017
Scenes post_id=5526 time=1512074437 user_id=49 said:
There is no resveratrol protocol. He has said estrogen + dht will fix you very quickly, but it likely won’t last once you come off. In terms of balancing you longer term, he has suggested taking it with Thorne extra or even with zinc + manganese, as you’re getting the needed minerals but also keeping estrogen signalling high for libido.

I’ve taken one or two standard resveratrol pills for the last few days/week and noticed the improvements very fast.

Removing free copper and iron in the brain and getting estrogen going again seems really key in curing pfs.
Just curious...how many mg of resveratrol per day are you taking? Are you taking DHT with it? Any cofactors, or are you still on your minerals/aspirin protocol?

Oct 4, 2017
Spain
brongfogboy post_id=5552 time=1512098756 user_id=113 said:
Canari post_id=5524 time=1512073700 user_id=62 said:
Do you know member name? Have a link? I will try and search tommorrow if you don't know off the top of your head
I didn't but remember now. Ivy . Many women do not participate much because the forum is very masculine. Thus not many response!

Oct 25, 2017
Scenes post_id=5526 time=1512074437 user_id=49 said:

Like Minime, I'm curious too. No protocol, ok, but it would be good to know what each one is using, so we can compare our results. I'll try to find and buy resveratrol tomorrow.

Oct 18, 2017
@gbolduev

In people infected with Lyme's disease studies show a buildup of quinolinic acid in the CNS from tryptophan breakdown.
Many practitioners use herbs that block IDO pathway such as Japanese knotweed (resveratrol), Curcumin, Andrographis etc in order to reduce quinolic acid.
It is believed it acts as a neurotoxin and it's buildup is a negative consequence from the infection.

Do you think in the case of a CNS infection like this it is useful to block IDO or is it more likely that its activation is beneficial for the immune system?
I know tryptophan is important to be kept up for serotonin but I'm not sure about IDO.

Keep it open and use l-tryptophan or block it with herbs and use 5-htp to maintain serotonin?

happenstance

Oct 5, 2017
Ok, so I got some folinic acid and I tried it and it made all the symptoms I've been struggling with for the last few years much worse instantly, felt like massive glutening. This made me look into methyl b's again, and apparently you could have side effects from methylfolate if you have a mineral imbalance, or b12 deficiency. According to the dna analysis I did methylfolate should be perfect for me, but it made me feel horrible when I tried it. I've been taking a lot of potassium chloride, zinc and manganese for the last months and hydroxocobalamin. So, I tried some methylfolate i had laying around, since I felt bad from the folinic acid anyway. Holy moley! This feels exactly like amfetamine. I can't sit still, sweating like a pig. All anxiety and depression gone! I'm going to pop the champagne I got for Christmas!